In Defense of Warren Beatty at the Oscars
Beatty was not the culprit in Sunday's best picture fiasco, though many were quick to jump on him in an ageist rush to judgment.
Late-Night Hosts Joke About the Oscars Mixup
"That is so uncomfortable to watch," Stephen Colbert joked. "It's like watching Titanic, except Titanic actually won best picture."
Oscars Accountants Offer Another Apology as Academy Launches Investigation of Snafu
PricewaterhouseCoopers says, "Last night we failed the Academy."
Jon Stewart Returns to 'The Late Show' With a Message for the Media: "It's Time to Get Your Groove Back"
"Trump lies more in one press conference than CNN does in a year, and this is coming from a guy who hates CNN."
- Trump Says Opponents Played the "Race Card" at the Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Recaps Oscars Snafu: "Clyde Threw Bonnie Under the Bus!"
- 'Modern Family' in Limbo: Actors Without New Contracts as Season 8 Wraps (Exclusive)
- Oscars: Patricia Arquette Angry at Sister Alexis' In Memoriam Omission
- Jackie Evancho's Transgender Sister Wins Federal Court Ruling Over School Bathrooms
- Democratic Women to Wear White for Trump Address
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Why the Oscars Still Matter
By Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Cuban, Liza Minnelli, Matt Damon, Dakota Johnson, Olivia de Havilland, Michael Ovitz, Neil deGrasse Tyson and more
- 19 Hollywood A-Listers on Why the Oscars Still Matter (and One Who Says They Don't)
- Narcissism Expert Analyzes Trump's Tweets About the Oscars: He Wants to Be Respected by Hollywood (Guest Column)
- Oscars 2017: Who Will Win, Who Should Win
- I Was Carrie Fisher's 1978 Oscar Date: Spielberg, Lucas and a 3 a.m. Afterparty With John Belushi
- Oscar Winner John Irving Urges Hollywood to Get Political With "Outright Bias" in Acceptance Speeches (Guest Column)
Director of 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' on Feminist Film Being Banned in India (Q&A)
"Anyone can vote in India, so if they have the power to choose their leader, why don't they have the power to choose the type of films they want to watch?" asks Alankrita Shrivastava.
- London's Royal Albert Hall to Host 'Rogue One' Composer Michael Giacchino Retrospective (Exclusive)
- Netflix's 'Okja' Teaser Offers First Glimpse of Mystery Animal and Tilda Swinton in Character
- Is David Ayer Teasing Harley Quinn's 'Gotham City Sirens' Bad Guy?
- Judge Trims Relativity's $1.5 Billion Lawsuit Against Netflix
- ‘Born in Syria’ (‘Nacido en Siria’): Film Review
- 'Erase and Forget': Film Review | Berlin 2017
Bill Paxton Dedication Set for 'Training Day'
TV Ratings: Oscars Drop to 32.9M Viewers, Telecast Takes a Bigger Hit With Younger Set
Production on CBS' 'Training Day,' Starring Bill Paxton, Has Already Been Completed
Amazon Picks Up Arctic Noir Series 'Fortitude' (Exclusive)
TV Pilots 2017: The Complete Guide
'Walking Dead': How Eugene's Experience with the Saviors Differs From the Comics
Katherine Heigl Starrer 'Doubt' Canceled at CBS After 2 Episodes
'Broadchurch' Season 3 Debut Draws 7.5M on ITV, 'Nightly Show' Kicks off With 2.9M Viewers
'Girls' Team Discusses Sexual-Consent Episode, Downplays Bill Cosby Comparisons
'Nashville' Shocker Explained: Connie Britton Opens Up About Devastating Ending
ABC's Longtime Head of Marketing Marla Provencio to Exit
Meet TV's First Non-Binary-Gender Character: Asia Kate Dillon of Showtime's 'Billions'
Oscar Photos: Executives (and Their Dates) on the Red Carpet
Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Disney's Bob Iger and Netflix's Ted Sarandos were among those walking the red carpet Sunday night in Hollywood.
Liberty Media Fourth-Quarter Earnings Rise
The company, controlled by John Malone, posts higher operating income and revenue.
ITV Buys Majority Stake in French Production Firm Tetra Media Studio
The company is behind political thriller 'Spin' and crime series 'Profilage.'
South Korean Prosecutors to Indict Samsung Heir on Bribery Charges
The world's leading smartphone maker will shut down a key strategy office among other management restructuring plans, as four other company execs are to be indicted on similar charges.
- Rep Sheet Roundup: CAA Signs Alumna of Ryan Murphy, Warner Bros. Directing Programs
- AT&T Entertainment CEO Touts Rising Importance of Content
- Discovery Buys 20 Percent Stake in Digital Cycling Video Firm Play Sports Group
- Sony’s PlayStation VR System Sells 915,000 Units Worldwide
- China Box Office: 'Resident Evil' Astonishes With Huge $94M Weekend
- China Box Office: 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' Debuts to Massive $33M
- UTA Rally: Asghar Farhadi Stresses Unity During a "Time When Some Politicians Are Trying to Promote Hate"
Trump Says Oscars Blunder Occurred Because Everyone Was Too Focused on Him
"I’ve been to the Oscars. There was something very special missing, and then to end that way was sad,” the president said in an interview with Breitbart.
How Big of a Corporate Scandal Is PwC Facing After Oscars Flub?
Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers has overseen the Academy's ballot-counting process for 83 years.
Oscars: Steve Harvey Tells Warren Beatty, "Call Me," After Best Picture Snafu
"Went to sleep early last night. So... what I miss?" the 'Family Feud' host joked.
Oscars' Second Snafu: In Memoriam Segment Showed Still-Alive Producer
To remember late costume designer Janet Patterson, an image of her friend, producer Jan Chapman, who is "very much alive," was mistakenly used.
- Oscars: Iranian Foreign Minister Lauds 'Salesman' Cast and Crew for Foreign-Language Win, Anti-Trump Stance
- 'Moonlight's' Best Picture Win Dominates Oscars Talk on Twitter, Facebook
- Oscars Accountants Apologize for Snafu, Vow to "Investigate How This Could Have Happened"
- 11 Past Oscars Screw-Ups and Other Awards Show Flubs
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'When We Rise' Transgender Star Ivory Aquino Fights to "Share My Story"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Oscars 2017: Red Carpet Photos
The 89th annual awards ceremony — hosted by Jimmy Kimmel — takes place at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Feb. 26.
Eric Miller, Jazz Producer and Record Executive, Dies at 75
He helped Norman Granz launch Pablo Records in the early 1970s and produced albums for the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk and Ray Charles.
Sony, EMI Beat Dru Hill's Royalties Lawsuit
Ariana Grande, Future's 'Everyday' Music Video Applauds All Kinds of Love
Oscars: "City of Stars" From 'La La Land' Wins Best Original Song, Lyricist Dedicates to "All the Kids Who Sing and Write"
Michael Jackson's Mother Enters Estate Legal Fray
Judge Tosses Song-Stealing Suit Against Real-Life 'Glee' Show Choir
Beyonce Shows Support for Transgender Students Following Trump's Executive Order
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
That's What I Like
'Wakey, Wakey': Theater Review
Michael Emerson plays a man reflecting while the clock ticks on time, mortality and gratitude for life's lingering gifts in Will Eno's typically idiosyncratic little play about big questions.
'The Penitent': Theater Review
A psychiatrist's personal and professional life becomes threatened when he refuses to testify on behalf of a former patient in David Mamet's new drama.
'Dear World': Theater Review
Tyne Daly plays the leading role in this rare semi-staged concert presentation of Jerry Herman's 1969 flop musical.
'Sunday in the Park With George': Theater Review
Reprising their roles on Broadway after an acclaimed concert staging, Jake Gyllenhaal and Annaleigh Ashford burrow deeper into the landmark musical about making art by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine.
'Fun Home': Theater Review
The 2015 Tony Award winner for best musical arrives at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles with a strong touring company amid Trump administration attacks on LGBT rights.
- Three Dead After Plane Crashes Into California Home
- Magic Castle Death Ruled Suicide by Coroner
- Bill Paxton's Most Memorable Film and TV Roles
Oscars: Amazon Scores Multiple Wins for Streaming Service
Netflix, meanwhile, won an Oscar for its documentary short 'The White Helmets.'
Oscars: Meet the Man Responsible for the Live Sound
Paul Sandweiss describes a busy week of rehearsals and says he "won't censor anything."
Entertainment Industry Top Executives to Hit Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, Turner CEO John Martin, Vice Media CEO Shane Smith and AT&T Entertainment Group CEO John Stankey are among the speakers.
RealD Acquires MasterImage 3D Technology
RealD launched in the 3D exhibition space, though it also has been moving toward technology for production and postproduction.
- Fox Exec Bullish on HDR, CBS VP Says Network "Hasn't Made Any Decision Yet"
- Fox Says Netflix Dispute May Disrupt Business Operations at Highest Level
- Warner Bros. Settles Lawsuit Against Talent Agency for Distributing Oscar Screeners