Box Office: Can Ron Howard's 'Inferno' Crack the Code?
The third installment in film series — returning Tom Hanks in the role of ace symbologist Robert Langdon — opens more than a decade after the film adaptation of Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code' transformed into a global box-office sensation.
Bryce Dallas Howard Says Her 'Black Mirror' Social-Media Nightmare "Is Happening Already"
"These tools, often times, they serve us until we become a slave to it," the actress tells THR about the reality of her human-rating app episode, which skewers society's obsession with being "liked."
Chanel Haute Hijabs On Display in Boutique Windows on Rodeo Drive
In the struggling luxury market, fashion brands, particularly in Beverly Hills, are catering to foreign clientele in hopes of pulling in big-ticket purchasers.
A 7-Year-Old's Endearing, Emotional Review of 'Return of the Jedi'
One young man travels to a galaxy far, far away for the first time — and he has a lot of questions.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': All The Essentials In One Place
- NBCUniversal Third-Quarter Earnings Rise, Helped by Rio Olympics
- Lady Gaga Becomes "Lady Ha-Ha" and Jams to Her Greatest Hits for James Corden's "Carpool Karaoke"
- Will Ferrell Reprises His George W. Bush Impression for '@Midnight'
- Adele Endorses Hillary Clinton at Her Concert in Miami
- Kevin Costner Suit Seeks $3.85M for Film Festival 'Fraud'
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Shawn Levy to Direct 'Uncharted' Video Game Adaptation
Levy becomes the latest helmer on the long-gestating project that has seen Seth Gordon, David O. Russell and Neil Burger warm up the director’s chair.
- 'We Are X' Director Stephen Kijak Compares Japanese Rocker Yoshiki to David Bowie and Prince
- American, Canadian Animation Digital Studios Merge to Create Wow! Unlimited
- Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick Take the Spotlight at the 'Trolls' Premiere
- 'Land of Mine' Actor Roland Moller Joins 'Papillon' Remake (Exclusive)
- Olga Kurylenko to Star in Crime Thriller 'Jane Millen'
- ‘Glory’ (‘Slava’): Film Review | Antalya Film Festival 2016
Tech Dramedy 'Loaded' Scores AMC Series Order
'Walking Dead,' 'The Flash' Season Debuts Draw Strong U.K. Ratings
Gideon Raff Talks Adapting Original 'Homeland' for India, Political Tensions
'This Is Us' Creator Reveals Game Plan Behind Big Jack Reveal
'Walking Dead' Star Andrew Lincoln: Season 7 Is More 'Lord of the Rings' Than 'Lord of the Flies'
TV Ratings: 'Walking Dead' Bloodbath Matches All-Time Audience High
'Gilmore Girls': 9 Big Takeaways From the Netflix Revival Trailer
'Notorious' Episode Order Trimmed at ABC to 10 Episodes
Jason Momoa Netflix Drama 'Frontier' Renewed Ahead of Series Debut (Exclusive)
'Walking Dead': Why the Season 7 Premiere Was So Violent
'Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz Admits Cast Lied About Who Was Being Killed Off
Parents Television Council Blasts "Brutally Explicit" 'Walking Dead' Premiere (Exclusive)
This Week’s Issue
Love in Black & White
"Fifty years is not that long ago — not for this shit to be going down," says Joel Edgerton of 'Loving,' a real-life drama about an outlawed marriage with sudden relevance in today's racially charged election
- How Interracial Romance 'Loving' Became the Most Relevant Movie This Election Season
- NBC's New 'Apprentice' Star Arnold Schwarzenegger Arrives With Trump-Like Baggage
- Michael Wolff on Billy Bush and How the Media Wrung Trump Dry Before Toppling Him
- Warren Beatty's New Movie Has 16 Credited Producers: "It's Deplorable"
- How the Chicago Cubs Could Boost World Series Ratings (and Give Fox a $30M Advertising Windfall)
Hollywood Earnings Season to Show Olympics, Election Effects
“Major events clearly skewed this quarter's ad revenue and ratings,” says one analyst as the earnings parade will take place amid talks about a possible CBS-Viacom deal.
Twitter Planning More Layoffs (Report)
The job cuts could affect around 300 people, or 8 percent of the social media company's workforce.
Michael Bloomberg Co-Authoring Climate Change Book
'Overheated: How Cooler Heads Can Cool the World' will hit shelves on April 18.
Ruth Wilson, Katie Holmes Fete Female Empowerment at Tribeca Chanel Filmmaker Workshop Luncheon
"It's so important to foster community among women and support emerging voices, especially at a time when we’ve seen a lot of disrespect and degradation toward women on a national stage," Jennifer Westfeldt told THR.
- AT&T CEO Calls Donald Trump and Tim Kaine "Uninformed" About Time Warner Merger
- Sumner Redstone Sues Ex-Companions for Elder Abuse to Reclaim $150M in Gifts
- Content Industry Gets Favored Interpretation of "Repeat Infringers" in MP3Tunes Appeal
Shania Twain to Receive Icon Award, Halsey Named Rising Star at Billboard Women In Music 2016
They join Woman of the Year recipient Madonna as stars who will be honored at this year's Women in Music event, set for Dec. 9 in New York.
PGA to Honor Tom Rothman With Milestone Award
The Sony Pictures chairman will be honored during a January ceremony at the Beverly Hilton.
Film Academy Dedicates Nicholl Fellowships Event to Anton Yelchin
The late 'Star Trek' actor performed at the first Nicholl live read in 2013.
Miles Teller to Be Honored by Stonestreet Studios (Exclusive)
The 'Bleed for This' star will receive the inaugural Granite Award at the acting conservatory's 25th anniversary event.
- Harvey Keitel, Asghar Farhadi Honored at Antalya Film Festival
- Mel Gibson to Get Hollywood Director Award
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy If Trump Accepts Election Loss
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Tyler Perry ('Boo! A Madea Halloween')
Alessandro Michele, Tom Ford Among British Fashion Council's Fashion Awards Nominees
Karlie Kloss joined Dame Natalie Massenet and Caroline Rush in L.A. to announce the global nominees, with Tom Ford, Alessandro Michele and Jonathan Anderson (nominated in four categories) among them.
6 Designers Kim Kardashian Has Helped To Gain Exposure
15 Power Pantsuits That Ruled the Red Carpet
#ImWithHer on the Runway
Tilda Swinton's Wacky and Wonderful Press Wardrobe for 'Doctor Strange'
All The Stars at the Obamas' Final State Dinner at the White House
A Look at Naomie Harris' 'Moonlight' Press Wardrobe
Every Time Michelle Obama Slayed at a White House State Dinner
Fashion Biggest Names Remember Bill Cunningham
About Last Weekend: Beyonce's Sheer Magic; Katy Perry Shimmers
American Music Awards: Green Day, Twenty One Pilots to Perform
Listen to Pussy Riot's New Female-Empowerment Anthem "Straight Outta Vagina"
Watch Katy Perry Celebrate Her Birthday by Casting Early Vote for Hillary Clinton
Watch Prince Royce Serenade Hillary Clinton for Her Birthday
Shirlene Quigley, Missing Dancer for Rihanna & More, Found by Police
Justin Timberlake's Voting Booth Selfie Under Review Due to Tennessee Law
Donnie Wahlberg Breaks Guinness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
twenty one pilots
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Independence Day' Actress Maika Monroe Goes From Pro Kiteboarder to Breakout Star
'Sunday in the Park With George': Theater Review
Jake Gyllenhaal stars opposite Annaleigh Ashford in this concert staging of the Pulitzer-winning 1984 musical by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine about art and human connection.
'Vietgone': Theater Review
Romantic sparks fly between two Vietnamese refugees in Qui Nguyen's outlandish comedy inspired by his parents' experiences.
Glenn Close to Reprise 'Sunset Boulevard' on Broadway
The actress returns to the role that won her a Tony Award 21 years ago, in a production first seen earlier this year at the English National Opera in London.
New Renovations at LAX's Terminal 6: They're Real and They're Spectacular
Highlights of a $70 million transformation include appealing local dining options (Kale salad! Craft beer!), actual shopping and an outdoor pet patio.
LeBron James Finds Himself at the Center of a Cleveland Sports Storm
On the same night the Cavaliers celebrated their historic comeback in the NBA Finals, the Indians hosted Game 1 of the World Series against the Chicago Cubs.
- Emma Watson Urges Americans to Vote: "It Has Been Excruciating to Sit on the Sidelines"
- Bill Cosby Asks Court to Reject a Motion to Pause California Lawsuit
- Christian Cartoon Tract Creator Jack Chick Dies at 92
Tim Cook Says Apple Is "Open to Acquisitions of Any Size"
The iPhone maker sold more of the devices than expected but revenue was down 9 percent year-over-year.
Justin Lin Developing 'Knight Rider' Digital Reboot
The digital series is being produced with NBCUniversal, Machinima and Lin's YouTube channel YOMYOMF.
Go90 Orders Sports Mockumentary 'The 5th Quarter' With Blake Griffin, Mark Cuban (Exclusive)
The series, which debuts Nov. 2, also will feature comedians George Lopez, Chris Parnell and Jeff Ross.
Marvel Addressing Gender Inequality, Says Studio Exec VP
"Hopefully we can make a balanced Hollywood for the next generation," said Victoria Alonso, Monday at SMPTE.
- Disney's Maker Studios Content Coming to U.K. Pay TV Operator TalkTalk
- WME's Head of Digital to Leave Agency
- SAG-AFTRA Video Game Strike: Is It Just About Terminology?