Box-Office Pileup: Three Major Films Crash and Burn in Same Weekend
Martin Scorsese's 'Silence,' Ben Affleck's 'Live by Night' and 'Monster Trucks' are DOA. Elsewhere, 'Hidden Figures' will easily win the Martin Luther King holiday weekend with $25 million-plus, while 'La La Land' enjoys a big Golden Globes bump and 'Rogue One' approaches $1 billion.
'Fresh Off the Boat' Author Eddie Huang Responds to Steve Harvey's "Upsetting" Jokes About Asian Men
"The one joke that still hurts, the sore spot that even my closest friends will press, the one stereotype that I still mistakenly believe at the most inopportune bedroom moments...is that women don't want Asian men," he writes in an essay for The New York Times.
'Is O.J. Innocent? The Missing Evidence': Series Expert Immediately Points to Another Suspect
"I was genuinely surprised with the (son) theory, but I am going to approach everything objectively so I can find out the truth," one investigator notes.
'Homeland' Showrunner Talks Post-Election Adjustments and Writing the President as a Foil
"My first reaction [to Donald Trump's win] was, 'Oh my god, we are now counterfactual to the point of being irrelevant.'"
- Police: 5 Killed in Shooting at Mexico's Blue Parrot Nightclub During BPM Music Fest
- Critic's Notebook: President Obama Continues Greatest-Hits Tour, Reflects on His Legacy in '60 Minutes' Interview
- 'Big Little Lies' an Important Step for Women, Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman Say
- Palm Springs Film Fest: 'Toni Erdmann' Named Best Foreign-Language Film; 'When We Rise' Wins Audience Award
- Donald Trump Attacks 'SNL' Again: "Really Bad Television!"
- Robert De Niro Pens Letter to Meryl Streep Praising Golden Globes Speech: "It Needed to Be Said"
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Deal (Or No Deal) 2017
Shari Redstone puts the brakes on Viacom-CBS, AT&T awaits The Donald, Lionsgate and Starz say "I do": inside the wild scramble from Hollywood to Silicon Valley for size (and smarts) as the stakes get higher and the signposts blurrier. Says one banker, "It's going to be a rambunctious M&A market."
- Michael Wolff on Shari Redstone: Yes, She Does Have a Plan for Viacom
- Hollywood's Merger Mania: Inside the Studios' "Size Anxiety," Scramble to Match Silicon Valley
- A Dead Kangaroo, a Bleeding Pig: Hollywood's Top Animal Training Firm Hit With PETA Abuse Claims (Exclusive)
- Megyn Kelly, Greta Van Susteren Moves Force Fox News to Go Trumpier
- Martha MacCallum Steps Up as Fox News' (Only) Female Primetime News Anchor
Tencent Partners on China Release of 'La La Land'
The Chinese Internet giant will leverage its massive media and entertainment platforms to help market the movie.
- ‘This Beautiful Fantastic’: Film Review | Palm Springs 2017
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Vince Vaughn ('Hacksaw Ridge')
- China's Wanda Reports 31 Percent Increase in Film Income in 2016
- China's Tencent Under Fire for Having Staff Simulate Oral Sex at Company Party
- This Week in Trailers: 'CHiPs, 'Sleepless,' 'Raw,' 'Cars 3' and More
- LA Film Critics Association Awards: Big Night for 'Moonlight,' Other Indie Darlings
Confirmed With Chicken: Gus Fring Is Coming to 'Better Call Saul'
'Sherlock' Ends Season 4 With U.K. Ratings Low, BBC Investigating Leak of Russian Version
AMC and BBC Reteam for John le Carre 'The Spy Who Came in From the Cold' Limited Series
It's Official: 'Portlandia' Renewed for Eighth and Final Season
Dakota Fanning to Star in TNT Drama Series 'The Alienist'
Louis C.K., Albert Brooks Animated Comedy Moves From FX to TBS With Series Order
Alec Baldwin Returns as Trump in 'SNL' Cold Open to Talk "Golden Showers," "Fake News"
AMC Greenlights James Cameron Docuseries About the Evolution of Sci-Fi
TNT's 'Good Behavior' Scores Season-Two Renewal
Amy Sedaris to Star in TruTV Scripted Comedy Series
'Heathers' Anthology Ordered to Series at TV Land
'The Originals' Showrunner to Exit for ABC Studios Overall Deal (Exclusive)
South Korean Prosecutors Seek Arrest of Samsung Vice Chair
Jay Y. Lee is accused of bribery, entangling the world's largest smartphone maker in the Asian country's snowballing corruption scandal.
Mel Gibson Signs With CAA
The actor/director has not been repped by an agency since being dropped by WME in 2010.
Johnny Depp Files $25M+ Fraud Lawsuit Against Business Managers
Depp fired The Management Group in 2016 and his new business manager discovered serious misconduct, according to the suit.
Virtual-Reality Firm Spaces Raises $6.5M
It now has raised a total of $9.5 million.
Denzel Washington, Clint Eastwood and More Stress Why Movies and TV Matter
Donald Glover, Amy Adams, Mel Gibson, Martin Scorsese, Chris Pine and Mandy Moore are among those who spoke on the topic at the AFI Awards luncheon.
The New Yorker Planning In-Depth Look at Hollywood Awards Campaigns
Sources tell THR that writer Michael Schulman has been meeting with top awards consultants, interviewing them about the politics and personalities of the race.
Ryan Reynolds Shares 'Deadpool' "For Your Consideration" Video for Awards Season
The star shared an exclusive video on his Twitter account Thursday night.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Viggo Mortensen ('Captain Fantastic')
The Oscar-nominated veteran reflects on his early years of struggle as an actor, the tumultuous 'Lord of the Rings' production ("I don't think anybody knew it was gonna be the huge success it became"), turning down an invitation to join the Academy ("I've changed my mind since then") and the odds-defying success of the film for which he's received best actor Golden Globe, SAG, BAFTA and Spirit noms.
- Watch Hollywood Reporter's Director Roundtable on SundanceTV With Mel Gibson, Denzel Washington and More
- 'Moonlight' Leads Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics' Dorian Award Nominations
- DGA Nominations: 'Lion' Roars, 'Birth of a Nation' Reborn, 'Deadpool' Stays Alive
- Tony Awards 2017 to Return to Radio City Music Hall
- Denzel Washington Honored by International Cinematographers Guild Publicists
- Michael Keaton Apologizes for "Hidden Fences" Flub at Golden Globes
- 'La La Land,' 'Jackie' Among Costume Designers Guild Award Nominees
- Golden Globes: Decoding Those Acceptance Speeches (and Hidden Messages to the Academy)
Oprah's Wellness Diary: 24 Hours of Healthy Living (and Lots of Gratitude Journals)
The billionaire best-life guru reveals early morning elliptical routine, regular meditation sessions and — yes — "volumes and volumes of gratitude journals."
About Last Night: Janelle Monae's Tuxedo Dress; Jessica Biel's Look of Love
About Last Night: Elle Fanning's Simple Ivory Stunner; Sienna Miller Sparkles in Gucci
The Best-Dressed Dudes at the Golden Globes
See All the Golden Globes After-Party Looks
#CoupleGoals: The Cutest Pairs on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
Golden Globes: The Best Behind-the-Scenes Moments on Instagram
Top 10 Golden Globes Jewelry
Golden Globes: The Worst Dressed
Golden Globes: The Best Dressed
Controversial Michael Jackson Comedy Pulled by Sky Following Criticism From Family
"We set out to take a lighthearted look at reportedly true events and never intended to cause any offense," the company said about the episode of 'Urban Myths' featuring Joseph Fiennes as the late music star.
Sony's AXN Signs Deal for Second Season of 'Asia's Got Talent'
Jennifer Holliday on Performing at Trump Inauguration: "I'm Singing to Welcome the People of America"
Gwen Stefani, Pharrell Williams Accused of Copying "Spark the Fire" Chorus
Jackie Evancho's Transgender Sister Defends Her Inauguration Gig: She's "Singing for Our Country"
Robin Thicke Accused of Child Abuse Amid Custody Fight (Report)
Trump Inauguration Acts Unveiled: Toby Keith, 3 Doors Down to Perform
Chart: Hot 100
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
'The Present': Theater Review
Richard Roxburgh plays a philandering schoolteacher and Cate Blanchett the love that slipped through his fingers in Andrew Upton's post-perestroika update of Chekhov's first play, which comes to Broadway from Sydney Theatre Company.
Mark Ruffalo Steps Into Broadway's 'The Price'
The Oscar-nominated actor will join the cast of Roundabout Theatre Company's Arthur Miller revival, replacing John Turturro, who has bowed out due to his filming schedule.
Broadway Celebrates New Year With Record Weekly Grosses
'Hamilton,' 'Wicked' and 'The Lion King' all soared past $3 million, with a host of other $1 million-plus earners pushing the overall total close to $50 million for the history-making week.
'Mean Girls' Musical on Track for Fall 2017 World Premiere
Tina Fey is adapting her screenplay with composer husband Jeff Richmond and lyricist Nell Benjamin, while Tony winner Casey Nicholaw is attached to direct.
- Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, WWE Hall of Famer, Dies at 73
- Ringling Bros. Circus to Close After 146 Years
- 'Hillary's America' Filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza Comes Under Fire Following Controversial Rosa Parks Tweet
Donald Trump's Twitter Rant Against John Lewis Sparks 1.5M Mentions
Since the heated response surrounding Trump's tweets, ABC News reports that the president-elect has canceled his visit on Monday to the Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture due to "scheduling issues."
President Obama Gives 360-Degree White House Tour During Final Days in Office
The President and First Lady tour nine rooms of the White House in the video created for Facebook.
Gunpowder & Sky Acquires Production Startup Supergravity Pictures
Gunpowder & Sky, which was co-founded by Van Toffler and Floris Bauer, invested in Supergravity in 2015.
Nat Geo WILD Orders Two Digital Series From Mashable (Exclusive)
Both series will make use of archival National Geographic footage.
- Amazon Channels Rolls Out First Curated Subscription, Anime Strike
- France's TF1 and Italy's Mediaset Invest in Multi-Channel Network Studio71
- Jared Leto's Adventures in Wonderland Hires Amazon Veteran as CEO