Ryan Murphy's American Equality Story: The Showrunner's TV Directors Are More Than 50 Percent Female Now
The 'American Horror Story' creator will receive THR's inaugural Equity in Entertainment Award at the Women in Entertainment Power 100 breakfast for his 10-month-old Half foundation.
Grammys: Beyonce Leads With 9 Nominations, Competes With Adele in Top Categories
The 59th annual Grammy Awards will take place on Feb. 12, 2017.
A Dark, Tangled "Tango": Brando, Bertolucci and the Question of an Actor's Consent
An art-house sensation that opened amid the height of 'porno chic,' the 1972 film "Last Tango in Paris" caused an international uproar. Now, 44 years later, major Hollywood figures like Jessica Chastain and Ava DuVernay are suggesting the director and 'Godfather' star are guilty of raping a young Maria Schneider.
Omarosa: I'm Black, Female, and Donald Trump Is My Friend (Guest Column)
The former 'Apprentice' star shares a personal side of the president-elect "the world has not seen" as she spearheads his directive to "make his administration the most diverse in history."
- What to Do With Pussy (the Word, That Is) After Trump's Election
- Grammys: Snubs and Surprises Include David Bowie, Alessia Cara and Beyonce in Rock
- Election, Olympics and Pokemon Go Top Twitter Trends of the Year
- TV Ratings: 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' Lingers Near Previous Low
- Time Warner CEO Jeffrey Bewkes Says Democrats Were Bigger First Amendment Threat Than Trump
- Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel Jokes About Passing Out Weed on the Red Carpet
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Interviews Denzel Washington and Viola Davis on Race, Family and 'Fences' in the Trump Era
Actress Roundtable: Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Taraji P. Henson and 4 More on Stage Fright, Onscreen Rape and How to Research Playing a Crack Addict
Megyn Kelly Gets Candid: "Dangerous" Roger Ailes, Her Trump Saga, That Offer and Why She Won't Call Herself a Feminist
'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Teaser Tops 81 Million Views in 24 Hours
The trailer becomes Marvel's biggest teaser ever and is the second-most-watched trailer of any kind after 'Captain America: Civil War.'
- 'The Last Guardian': Listen to Music From the Anticipated Video Game (Exclusive)
- 'The Circle' Trailer: Tom Hanks Preaches Complete Technological Transparency to Emma Watson
- How a Refugee Comedy Became Germany's Sleeper Hit of 2016
- 'Pet': Film Review
- Peter Vaughan, 'Game of Thrones' Star, Dies at 93
- Jeff Bridges: "I'm a Product of Nepotism, That's How I Got Into It" | Actor Oscar Roundtable
'Westworld': Looking Ahead at Season 2's Expanding World
Courtney B. Vance-Felicity Huffman Comedy Picked Up to Pilot at ABC
Mario Van Peebles Drama 'Superstition' Scores Syfy Series Order
MTV and VH1 Set New Unscripted Team Under Nina L. Diaz (Exclusive)
'Gilmore Girls' Revival: Rory's "Very Forgettable" Boyfriend Paul Speaks
'Duck Dynasty' Producers Put on Leave at ITV Amid Fraud Investigation (Exclusive)
'Westworld' Showrunners Explain Violent Finale, Set Up Season 2's Expanding World
'Westworld' Star Evan Rachel Wood Talks "Evil" Dolores Twist, Season 2
'This Is Us' Star Milo Ventimiglia Previews "Bloody" Christmas Midseason Finale
Explosive New 'Celebrity Apprentice' Poster Burns Old Boardroom to the Ground
'Westworld' Star Explains Tragic Finale Reveal, Season 2 Status
'Westworld' Finale Ends With a Bang, Sets Up Broader World for Season 2
Verizon CEO Talks AT&T-Time Warner, Content Strategy
At the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference in New York, Lowell McAdam was also asked about the regulatory outlook under a Trump administration.
YouTube Reports $1 Billion Paid to Recording Industry Through Advertising This Year
The video giant issues a cheery update to its friends in the music industry.
Supreme Court Throws Out $399M Judgment Against Samsung in iPhone Patent Dispute With Apple
The case now returns to a lower court for further proceedings in the case.
Chinese State Media Fires Back at Trump, Twitter Users Turn to Mockery
Chinese Twitter users have been poking fun at the president-elect under #AskTrumpFirst, a reference to his recent outburst directed at their country.
- Sky Executive Touts Original Programming, Says Firm Is "Partner of Choice" for Content Companies
- N.Y. Times Nabs Over 200,000 New Digital-Only Subscriptions Since Election Day, CEO Says
- Netflix Content Chief Ted Sarandos Takes Shot at Amazon Studios: They Aren't "Gaining Much Traction"
- Leslie Moonves Says Its Early Days for Figuring Out Whether CBS Should Merge With Viacom
- Emma Watson Signs With CAA
- A&E Networks Accused in $33 Million Lawsuit of Pushing Out 'Killer Kids' Producer
- Discovery CEO Eyes Direct-to-Consumer Push, Lauds TLC's Focus on Middle America "Starving" for Content
Actor Roundtable: Jeff Bridges, Casey Affleck and 4 More on "Brutal" Superhero Roles, Dream Second Careers
Six contenders — also including Mahershala Ali, Andrew Garfield, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dev Patel — on what it takes to play a real-life person, making a drug dealer likable, turning down parts and the agony of acting: "The very thing you love is the thing you hate."
Grammys: Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson and More Artists React to Scoring Nominations
"My heart is falling out of my ass."
How 'Jackie' Recreates American History
Production designer Jean Rabasse describes the film's recognizable sets including the White House and Air Force One.
'Lion' to Get Adapted Screenplay Honor at Capri Hollywood Fest
Luke Davies will be feted in a special ceremony at the Italian fest.
- Oscars: Jimmy Kimmel Pick a Sign of ABC Flexing Its Muscles in Wake of New Academy Deal
- Billboard Music Awards 2017 Show Date Announced
- Oscars: Why Fake News Concerns Shouldn't Bother Hollywood
- 'La La Land' Named Best Film by Washington D.C.-Area Film Critics
This Week’s Issue
Race, Family and the Trump Era
Denzel Washington and Viola Davis bring 'Fences,' the 'King Lear' of African-American plays, to film as a 33-year-old piece of art about "this tyrannical cycle" of prejudice in America takes on sudden urgency.
- Will Amazon Go Global to Challenge Netflix?
- Inside Steven Mnuchin's Hit-and-Miss Path From Hollywood to Treasury Secretary Pick
- Meet Steven Mnuchin's Actress-Author Fiancee
- MTV's New Chief on His Strategy to Lure Millennials
- 'Rogue One' Writer Tony Gilroy to Make Millions Off Reshoots
Fashion Awards 2016: Red-Carpet Arrivals
Lady Gaga, Gigi Hadid, Karlie Kloss and Jared Leto were among the famous faces showing their support for the industry's top designers at the awards ceremony in London.
Sheer, Short and Shiny: The Best Looks From the Victoria's Secret Afterparty
2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris Hair & Makeup and Backstage
About Last Night: Rihanna Goes Sporty in Fenty x Puma; Katy Perry's Winter White
Hollywood Hearts Dior
Haute (Hollywood) Holidays
All the Looks from Marion Cotillard's 'Allied' Press Tour
Exclusive Portraits of Rachel McAdams, Tracee Ellis Ross and More With Their Beauty Experts
Grammys: Sara Bareilles, Steve Martin Score Nominations for Broadway Musicals
Also among the Best Musical Theater Album nominees are the West End's production of Cyndi Lauper's 'Kinky Boots' and the Broadway revival of 'The Color Purple' with Cynthia Erivo, Danielle Brooks and Jennifer Hudson.
Grammys Set Beyonce-Adele Showdown as Voters Embrace Pop Over Rock in Top Categories
James Corden Asks Madonna to "Kiss and Tell" in "Carpool Karaoke" Preview
Madonna Does Provocative Interview With Elizabeth Banks on Everything From the Election to Ageism
Lady Gaga Reveals She Suffers from PTSD: "I've Never Told Anyone That Before"
Oakland Warehouse Fire Death Toll Grows to 36
Grammy Predictions 2017: Who Will Score the Major Nominations?
Chart: Hot 100
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Side To Side
Ariana Grande Featuring Nicki Minaj
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Goes From Indie Musician to Mind-Reading Witch
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
'The Babylon Line': Theater Review
Josh Radnor plays a reluctant writing teacher and Elizabeth Reaser his most gifted student in Richard Greenberg's memory play exploring the power and mysteries of storytelling in a time of social change.
'Merrily We Roll Along': Theater Review
Wayne Brady stars in this revival of the troubled Stephen Sondheim-Harold Prince collaboration, a showbiz musical that has long bedeviled audiences and experts alike.
'The Bodyguard': Theater Review
R&B star Deborah Cox headlines this musical adaptation of the hit 1992 Kevin Costner-Whitney Houston film, featuring 16 songs originally recorded by the late singer.
'Dear Evan Hansen': Theater Review
Ben Platt stars as a painfully insecure teenage outsider whose life is transformed by an inadvertent lie in this new emo-musical with a score by 'La La Land' lyricists Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
'A Bronx Tale': Theater Review
Robert De Niro and Jerry Zaks co-direct this musical version of Chazz Palminteri's one-man play about growing up in an Italian-American neighborhood, also turned into a 1993 film.
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Advances Broadway Plans
- BAFTA Los Angeles Launches Access for All Campaign
- Man Who Shot Ex-NFL Player Joe McKnight Charged With Manslaughter
AOL CEO Tim Armstrong "Cautiously Optimistic" Yahoo Acquisition Will Happen
The $4.8 billion deal hit a setback when Yahoo revealed a widespread hack affecting 500 million users.
YouTube Plans Christmas Special Starring Mariah Carey, Rudy Mancuso
'The Keys of Christmas' will feature performances by Ciara, DJ Khaled and Fifth Harmony.
CBS Sues YouTuber for Posting Episodes of 'The Andy Griffith Show'
Sixteen episodes of the series were posted online without permission, according to the suit.
4D Cinema Firm CJ 4DPlex Takes Aim at Virtual Reality Market With Simuline "Merger"
The company also wants to grow its theme park presence.
- HBO, Cinemax Subscriptions Now Available Through Amazon
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Launches Video Game Division
- Snapchat vs. Instagram: Who's Copying Whom Most?