WGA Awards: 'Spotlight,' 'The Big Short' Take Top Film Prizes
On the TV side, 'Mad Men' and 'Veep' won best drama and comedy series honors.
Critic's Notebook: GOP Debate Opens With a Moment of Silence for Antonin Scalia, But Gets Very, Very Noisy From There
As usual, Donald Trump provides the most memorably loony soundbites in this particularly fractious debate.
Box Office: Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool' Earns Record $47.5M Friday for Massive $130M Debut
The irreverent film is shattering all expectations and making life tough for anything in its path, including 'Zoolander 2' and 'How to Be Single,' over the long Valentine's Day/Presidents Day weekend after grabbing an A CinemaScore.
Antonin Scalia, Supreme Court Justice, Dies at 79
Scalia reportedly died in his sleep.
- Academy Hands Out SciTech Awards
- 'SNL': Kate McKinnon Debuts Hillary Clinton Musical Number
- What Happened During Saturday's GOP Debate
- 'Walking Dead': 18 Burning Questions for the Rest of Season 6
- What to Watch For at This Year's Grammys
- Berlin: Buyers Looking for Laughs With A-List Comedies
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR’s Daily Headlines.
Berlin: Focus Nabs Jeff Nichols' 'Loving'
The film about a couple that was jailed for their interracial marriage stars Joel Edgerton and Ruth Negga.
- Berlin: Why 'Midnight Special' Director Wanted More Michael Shannon, Less Dialogue Onscreen (Q&A)
- Melissa McCarthy's Michelle Darnell Is Full of Insults in Red-Band 'The Boss' Trailer
- 'Deadpool': Film Review
- Alex Gibney Talks Cyber-Espionage of 'Zero Days' and "Thuggish Intimidation" After Scientology Doc (Q&A)
- Berlin: China Warms Up to Indie Titles With New Theater Network
- How Double Dutch International Navigates Indie Sales With Big Names, Canada's Weaker Dollar (Q&A)
Maya Rudolph-Martin Short Variety Series a Go at NBC
Damon Wayans Sr. to Star in Fox's 'Lethal Weapon' Pilot
Syfy Orders Thriller 'Prototype' to Pilot
What HBO's New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Reveal About Season 6
Watch the First Trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime Music Series 'Roadies'
'Big Bang Theory' Boss on Bernadette's Big Bombshell
'Walking Dead' Bosses on "Transitional" Second Half, Larger (and Dangerous) World Ahead
Netflix's 'Master of None' Renewed for Second Season
Mark-Paul Gosselaar Set as Male Lead in Fox's Female Baseball Drama 'Pitch'
Nasim Pedrad to Play 14-Year-Old Boy in Fox Comedy Pilot
'Gilmore Girls': Milo Ventimiglia Confirmed to Return for Netflix Revival
Watch Adele Photobomb Fans in 'Live in London' Concert Special
Berlin: Liam Neeson's Korean War Film Sells to Germany, Taiwan
Germany's Wild Bunch Exec Talks Rescuing Senator, Learning From Bradley Cooper's 'Burnt' Flop (Q&A)
China Box Office: Stephen Chow's 'Mermaid' Nears $200M at Record Pace
China's Baidu Gets $2.25B Offer for Its 80.5 Percent Stake in Online Video Giant iQiyi
- Power Lawyers Returns! Nominations Now Accepted for Top Entertainment Attorneys List 2016
- Executive Suite: Inside Universal Music Group CEO Lucian Grange's Office (Photos)
- Grammys: This Is the Man Behind All Five Album of the Year Nominees
Michael B. Jordan, Abraham Attah Join List of Oscar Presenters
Patricia Arquette, Eddie Redmayne and Common will also be handing out awards on Feb. 28.
Oscars: A Guide to All of the Best Picture Winners
From 'Gone With the Wind' to 'Birdman,' THR rounds up all of the notable films that took home the most coveted Academy Award dating back to the very first Oscars ceremony in 1929.
Oscars: Watch the Scenes that Nailed the Nomination for 20 Actors
From Leonardo DiCaprio's battle with that bear to Charlotte Rampling's steely portrayal of a wife consumed with jealousy, THR's critics and awards gurus spot the moments that mattered most for this year’s leading and supporting contenders, including exclusive video of Brie Larson's emotional escape from 'Room.'
Steven Spielberg Supports Diversity in Academy, "Not 100 Percent Behind" Current Plan, Calls for Limits on Oscar Campaigning (Exclusive)
The three-time Oscar winner, who is nominated this year for 'Bridge of Spies,' tells THR that he was "surprised" by the absence of noms for 'Straight Outta Compton' and Idris Elba, but opposes "taking votes away from Academy members who have paid their dues and maybe are retired now."
- Oscars: Watch Six of This Year's Acting Nominees Accept Their First Academy Award
- Oscars: Get to Know the First-Time Acting Nominees
- Oscars: The Unflattering Truth About the Academy's Membership
- #BAFTAsSoWhite? Where the British Academy Stands in the Diversity Conversation
New York Fashion Week's Front Row
The entire Kardashian/Jenner clan, Gigi Hadid and others check out the trends that will be hot in the Fall of 2016, all from the best seats in the house
Bill Maher Pens Blistering Essay on Hillary as "Charlie Brown," Trump and Why Bernie Sanders, Socialist, Can Win
#OscarsSoWhite: Academy Chiefs Reveal Behind-the-Scenes Drama That Led to Historic Change (Exclusive)
Brie Larson's 20-Year Climb to Overnight Stardom: I'm "Totally Out of My Comfort Zone"
Chart: Hot 100
twenty one pilots
Taylor Swift Cautioned Kanye West About "Famous" and its "Strong Misogynistic Message"
Model Gigi Hadid and Swift’s younger brother Austin were among the first to vent their disapproval of West’s lyrics.
Adele Charms L.A. Crowd With Pre-Grammy Concert at the Wiltern
Grammys: Will Kendrick Lamar's 'To Pimp a Butterfly' or Taylor Swift's '1989' Win Album of the Year?
Africa Bambaataa and Soulsonic Force Seek to Reclaim 'Planet Rock' from Record Label
Confessions of a Grammy Voter: Industry Heavyweights Share Their Predictions — and Gripes
Kanye West Defends Taylor Swift Lyric in Twitter Spree: "Bitch Is an Endearing Term"
Martin Shkreli Offers Kanye West $10M for 'The Life of Pablo' Album
'The End of Longing': Theater Review
Matthew Perry wrote and stars in this comedy-drama, world-premiering in London's West End, about four people struggling with love and addiction.
'Smart People': Theater Review
Mahershala Ali, Joshua Jackson, Anne Son and Tessa Thompson play multi-culti Harvard intellectuals tripping up on racial and sexual politics in Lydia R. Diamond's topical comedy.
'An Act of God': Theater Review
Sean Hayes steps into the Almighty role that was a hit on Broadway for Jim Parsons in the West Coast run of David Javerbaum's comedy.
'Mike Birbiglia: Thank God for Jokes': Theater Review
Delivering an extended riff on the perils of joke-telling, the deadpan comic recounts offending David O. Russell and getting parenting tips from Obama.
Aaron Sorkin to Bring 'To Kill a Mockingbird' to the Stage (Exclusive)
The Oscar-winning screenwriter and playwright will again team with producer Scott Rudin, with whom he worked on 2015's 'Steve Jobs.'
This Week’s Issue
Anguish of a Hollywood Liberal
By Bill Maher
- Bill Maher Pens Blistering Essay on Hillary as "Charlie Brown," Trump and Why Bernie Sanders, Socialist, Can Win
- Michael Wolff on Viacom: How the Philippe Dauman-Shari Redstone War Will Go Down
- Grammys: This Is the Man Behind All Five Album of the Year Nominees
- David Geffen on His Playhouse Turning 20: "I'm Only the Benefactor"
- Is Apple Planning a Buying Spree? 5 Potential Targets From Time Warner to Tesla
Tesla Model 3 to Be Unveiled in March
AT&T Launches Digital Influencer Program With Grace Helbig, Shonduras
Time Inc. Acquires Myspace Owner Viant Technology
Is Apple Planning a Buying Spree? 5 Potential Targets From Time Warner to Tesla
- Twitter Stock Tanks on Flat User Growth
- James Woods Gets Judge's Nod to Pursue Man Who Tweeted He Was a "Cocaine Addict"
- Netflix Sets Animated Series Featuring Beatles Songs