Feinberg Forecast: Final Predictions for the 89th Oscar Nominations
THR's awards columnist locks in his picks ahead of Tuesday's announcement, projecting a field-leading — and record-tying — 14 noms for 'La La Land.'
'I Love Dick': TV Review
Messy and not very likeable, the show could offer some salvation in supporting characters, but loving 'Dick' might be asking too much.
Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards on CBS
The annual TV kudos are set to take place Sunday, Sept. 17.
Sundance: Netflix Nabbing Hulk Hogan-Gawker Doc 'Nobody Speak'
The streamer already nabbed the rights docs 'Casting JonBenet' and 'Chasing Coral.'
- FBI Probing Sundance Cyberattack as Filmmakers Cry Foul (Exclusive)
- Tracy Morgan Ordered to Hand Over Documents in Crash Settlement Dispute
- Critic's Notebook: Sean Spicer Is Dr. Jekyll, Not Mr. Hyde, in First "Official" White House Press Conference
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Katie Rich Suspended After Controversial Barron Trump Tweet
- Veteran 'Entertainment Tonight' Producer Bonnie Tiegel Dies
- Gavin Polone on 'A Dog's Purpose' Outcry, What Really Happened and Who's to Blame
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Al Gore reveals his 11-year journey to 'An Inconvenient Sequel' and his ongoing private talks with Trump: "I won't get into the details. I don't want the Russians to hack it."
- Al Gore on His 'Inconvenient Truth' Sequel, Private Donald Trump Talks, "Consoling" Hillary Clinton
- Sundance Hot List: 17 Movies That Will Sell
- Norman Lear: Why Do People Fall For Fake News? (Guest Column)
- Oscars Producer Welcomes Meryl Streep-Like Political Speeches: "Spontaneity Helps These Shows"
- Gavin Polone on Meryl Streep's Globes Speech and How Hollywood Can Learn to Live Under Trump
'Purge: Election Year' Actress Joins Blumhouse Sci-Fi Thriller 'Stem' (Exclusive)
Logan Marshall-Green is starring in the project, which was written by and will be directed by Leigh Whannell.
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Adds New Female Lead
- 'Menashe': Film Review | Sundance 2017
- SAG Awards: 'Stranger Things' Kids Added to Presenters List
- Ice Cube's Film Production Company Gets Chinese Investment
- 'The Workers Cup': Film Review | Sundance 2017
- Oscars: Predicting the Nominations Using Just Math
TV Pilot Season: Lack of Cancellations May Impact Volume
Seth Meyers-Lorne Michaels High School Comedy Lands NBC Pilot Order
Virtual Reality Drama From 'Extant' Team Ordered to Pilot at NBC
Alec Baldwin Sets 'Saturday Night Live' Return as Host
The 24 Greatest '24' Deaths, Ranked
Greg Berlanti-Diablo Cody Comedy Ordered to Pilot at ABC
'Fresh Off the Boat' Duo's Mixed-Race Family Comedy Scores NBC Pilot Order
Critic's Notebook: Twisty 'Good Place' Finale Sets Up a Second Season That NBC Needs to Order
Starz Play Arabia Adding 'The Flash,' 'Supergirl' in Warner Deal Extension
Brie & Aniston, Gomez & Dern: Dreamcasting Ryan Murphy's Monica Lewinsky Mini
'Witchblade' Reboot From Carol Mendelsohn, Caroline Dries Set at NBC
'Black-ish' Spinoff in the Works at ABC
AMC Theatres to Acquire Nordic Cinema Group in $929M Deal
"For the third time in the past 12 months, we believe we have discovered a substantial acquisition," says the exhibition giant owned by China's Dalian Wanda Group.
Bollywood Filmmaker Karan Johar's Autobiography Sparks Debate About Being Gay in India
The popular celebrity writes that he “will not say the three words that possibly everybody knows about me,” because “I live in a country where I could possibly be jailed for saying this.”
Sky Buys Into U.K. TV Producers True North, Chrysalis Vision
The European pay TV giant, in which 21st Century Fox owns a 39 percent stake and of which it is looking to take full control, has continued to grow its TV production and distribution business.
Trump Inauguration: How Newspapers Abroad Covered It
From "We Are Not Criminals ... Protest Against Trump" in Mexico and "Trump unveils new era" in the U.K. to "Don of the Trump Era" in India and "God Have Mercy on Us" in Germany, THR looks at the global headlines.
- Rep Sheet Roundup: Nate Berkus Signs With Brillstein
- China Box Office: 'Arrival' Leads Quiet Pre-Holiday Weekend
- Women's March: Overseas Demonstrations Occur in Conjunction With D.C., Sundance Protests
Amazon's Film Chief on Sundance Buying Plans, Rival Netflix and Apple's Possible Movie Play
'Patriots Day' Helmer Peter Berg on "Muse" Mark Wahlberg, El Chapo Movie and Directing Trump in an Oreo Ad
CBS Interactive CEO on 'Star Trek' Reboot and Convincing Leslie Moonves to Launch a Streaming Service
Iranian Filmmaker Abbas Kiarostami to Receive WGA International Screenwriting Honor
The late writer-director was a pioneer of the Iranian New Wave.
Art Directors Guild to Honor Brad Bird
The 'Incredibles' and 'Ratatouille' director will receive the guild's Cinematic Imagery Award.
Dick Clark Productions, Twitter to Live-Stream Red Carpets From 3 Major Awards Shows
The deal includes preshows for the Academy of Country Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards and the American Music Awards in addition to live-streaming the Streamy Awards.
Razzie Awards: 'Batman v Superman,' 'Zoolander' Sequel Top Nominations
Other nominees include Shailene Woodley from 'Divergent Series: Allegiant' for worst actress and "The Entire Cast of Once Respected Actors" from 'Collateral Beauty' for worst screen combo.
- How 'La La Land' Can Avoid the Hidden Dangers of Being an Oscar Frontrunner
- Martin Short to Be Honored at the Oscar Wilde Awards
- People’s Choice Awards 2017: 10 Most Memorable Moments
- Octavia Spencer Named 2017 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year
Power Pink: The Color of 2017
Not just for Barbies anymore, the color pink is taking on new meaning in 2017, bolstered by massive attendance at Women's Marches, and the popularity of the pink Pussyhats worn there. Here are 15 pieces, in shades from petal to fuchsia, to show off your girl power.
See All the Red, White and Blue Looks from The Trump Inauguration
Snow Boots on the Ground!
People's Choice Awards: The Best and Worst Dressed
Spot the Resemblance Between Dolce & Gabbana Models and Their Famous Family Members
8 Menswear Must-Haves to Channel Robert Redford's Sundance Style
No Biz, Like Faux Biz
About Last Night: Janelle Monae's Tuxedo Dress; Jessica Biel's Look of Love
Adele to Perform at Grammy Awards
She joins John Legend, Metallica, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban onstage for music’s biggest night.
Fifth Harmony, Nick Jonas and Carly Rae Jepsen to Perform at NHL All-Star Game
'The OA': Musician Sharon Van Etten on Her Acting Breakthrough (Q&A)
Luke Bryan to Perform National Anthem at Super Bowl
Sprint Purchases 33 Percent Stake in Tidal
Bruce Springsteen Tells Australian Crowd He's Joining "New American Resistance"
Madonna Drops Three F-Bombs on CNN, MSNBC During Live Coverage of Women's March on Washington
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
'Jitney': Theater Review
Actor-turned-director Ruben Santiago-Hudson's natural feel for the plays of August Wilson yields a superb production of this final work in the late dramatist's landmark 10-part cycle to make it to Broadway.
'The Tempest': Theater Review
Director Phyllida Lloyd's trilogy, reimagining Shakespeare's classics as the performances of female prison inmates, concludes with 'The Tempest.'
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
At Least 4 Reported Dead in California Storms
A chance of showers was expected to persist into early Tuesday before a ridge of high pressure brings fair weather through early next week.
D.C. Metro: Women's March Was Second Highest Day Ever for Ridership
The day ranks second only to the day of President Barack Obama's first inauguration.
- Ginnifer Goodwin Set for 'Constellations' at Geffen Playhouse
- 'Batman/The Shadow' To Team Classic Detectives For An Unsolvable Murder Mystery (Exclusive Art)
- Pope Francis Warns Against Populist “Saviors” After Donald Trump's Inauguration
‘La La Land’ to Dance Into Paris Theaters in New HDR Format
The film will play in a handful of EclairColor-supported cinemas in France.
Yahoo Says Sale to Verizon Will Close During Second Quarter of 2017
The company's $4.8 billion sale to Verizon was delayed by disclosures of two large security breaches.
Snapchat Updates Discover Publisher Guidelines to Crack Down on Graphic, Inaccurate Content
The new rules affect Snapchat's Discover partners, which include BuzzFeed, CNN, ESPN and Comedy Central.
Twitter Forces Users to Follow @POTUS and @FLOTUS Accounts
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey responded to several users' complaints, tweeting that the company is looking into the issue.
- Obama Sends Final Tweets From @POTUS Twitter Account
- Snapchat Snaps Back at Ex-Employee's Lawsuit
- Twitter Transition to Begin Friday as Obama Hands @POTUS Account to Trump