Weekend Box Office: Tom Hanks' 'Inferno' Heads for Chilly $18M Opening
The third installment in the long-dormant 'Da Vinci Code' franchise is much a bigger player overseas, where it has earned north of $100 million.
Carrie Fisher Faces Trial in Heroin-Related Wrongful Death Lawsuit
The actress' attempt to be removed from a complicated suit over the death of a 21-year-old woman who lived in Fisher's guest house is denied, as a judge rules she did not "meet her burden to establish that she cannot be found responsible."
Michael Pena Horror Thriller Not Moving Ahead at Sony, Being Shopped (Exclusive)
Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer, the duo behind the 2014 horror thriller 'Starry Eyes,' are attached to direct.
FBI Investigates New Clinton Emails: Everything to Know So Far
A new batch of emails were uncovered in an unrelated sexting probe involving Anthony Weiner.
- New York Post Teases "Stroking Gun" Cover Connecting Anthony Weiner to Clinton Emails
- Oscars: 145 Feature Documentaries Vie For The Prize
- 'Rambo' Reboot in the Works With 'Criminal' Director (Exclusive)
- Marti Noxon's 'Dietland' Adaptation Lands at AMC With Eye Toward Series Order
- 'Good Girls Revolt': TV Review
- Nahnatchka Khan Teams With 'Son of Zorn' Boss for Fox Comedy (Exclusive)
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Makoto Shinkai on His Anime Hit 'Your Name,' Being Called the "New Hayao Miyazaki" (Q&A)
His latest film has topped the Japanese box office since it was released at the end of August and brought in more than $160 million, becoming the fifth-highest grossing Japanese film of all time.
- Rebecca Ferguson to Star as Real-Life Explorer in 'The Lady and the Panda'
- Marvel Studios Chief Hints at Post-Steve Rogers Future for Captain America
- 'Suicide Squad' Extended Cut Trailer Reveals New Joker Footage
- ‘The Unspoken’: Film Review
- What a Dose of 'John Wick' Could Bring to 'Deadpool 2'
- 'A Billion Lives': Film Review
'Bye Bye Birdie,' Starring Jennifer Lopez, Set as NBC's 2017 Live Holiday Musical
'Walking Dead': What to Expect From King Ezekiel and the Kingdom
'Will & Grace' Revival in the Works at NBC
European TV Enjoys 'Halcyon' Days as Homegrown Shows Push U.S. Series Out of Primetime
Simon Cowell, Diablo Cody, 'Glee' Co-Creator Team for Synchronized Swimming Fox Comedy
Viola Davis Sells Racially Themed 1960s Family Music Comedy to ABC
'Fargo' Adds Jim Gaffigan to Season 3 Cast
'Heathers' Reboot at TV Land Casts Its Three Heathers
Raven-Symone Exiting 'The View' as Disney Eyes 'That's So Raven' Reboot
Bryan Fuller Out as 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner
'Great British Bake Off' Ends BBC Run With Its Highest Ratings Ever
'Mad Men' Creator Matthew Weiner Sets TV Return With Amazon Anthology
This Week’s Issue
Love in Black & White
"Fifty years is not that long ago — not for this shit to be going down," says Joel Edgerton of 'Loving,' a real-life drama about an outlawed marriage with sudden relevance in today's racially charged election
- How Interracial Romance 'Loving' Became the Most Relevant Movie This Election Season
- NBC's New 'Apprentice' Star Arnold Schwarzenegger Arrives With Trump-Like Baggage
- Michael Wolff on Billy Bush and How the Media Wrung Trump Dry Before Toppling Him
- Warren Beatty's New Movie Has 16 Credited Producers: "It's Deplorable"
- How the Chicago Cubs Could Boost World Series Ratings (and Give Fox a $30M Advertising Windfall)
Scripps, Tribune Media to Continue Food Network Partnership
Tribune was thought to be open to a possible sale of its stake in what Scripps CEO Kenneth Lowe says is "the strongest food media brand across the globe."
Viacom to Name Bob Bakish Interim CEO (Report)
The head of the company's international networks is in line to take over from Tom Dooley, who followed Philippe Dauman, at a time when Viacom and CBS are studying a recombination.
Starz CFO to Step Down as Lionsgate Merger Plans Finalized
Scott Macdonald is getting set to leave a combined Lionsgate-Starz in mid-2017.
U.K. High Court Orders ISPs to Block 13 Additional Film, TV Sites
"This legal process is a well-established, legitimate and proportionate response to illegal web sites that make creative content available without permission from rights holders," says the MPA.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Urged to Turn Over "Corrupt" 'Wolf of Wall Street' Earnings
- Hollywood Docket: Bill Cosby; Disney's Board of Directors; 'Gilmore Girls' Settlement
- Fox Film PR Chief Chris Petrikin to Exit
Australian Academy Awards: Mel Gibson's 'Hacksaw Ridge' Leads With 13 Nominations
The star’s return to directing also nabbed noms for the pic's Andrew Garfield and Teresa Palmer, while Aussie Oscar hopeful 'Tanna' scored three mentions.
Courage In Journalism Honorees Unveiled at Ceremony
Diane Rehm and other female journalists recieved awards for their work.
Bellamy Young to Host Hamilton Behind the Camera Awards
Mel Gibson, Denzel Washington, Matthew McConaughey, Mark Wahlberg, Ewan McGregor and Dev Patel will present.
Justin Timberlake to Get Hollywood Film Awards' Song Honor
He will be recognized for "Can't Stop the Feeling!" from 'Trolls.'
- MoMA, Hammer Museum Contenders Series to Include Screenings of 'Arrival,' 'Loving,' 'Nocturnal Animals' (Exclusive)
- Peabody Adds 4 to Advisory Board
- Gotham Awards, NYC Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment to Honor Aziz Ansari, Judith Light
- Asian Performers Are Worthy of Oscar Recognition, Too (Guest Column)
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Helen Mirren ('Eye in the Sky')
- Oscars: Documentary Short Subject Contenders Unveiled
- Billboard Touring Awards: Beyonce, Bruce Springsteen and Coldplay Lead Finalists
- Natalie Portman to Get Hollywood Actress Award for 'Jackie'
Shop Talk: Maria Cornejo's In-Store Appearance; Libertine's Sample Sale
Your handy guide to the L.A. shopping scene for the week ahead.
Ruth Negga's Red-Carpet Looks for 'Loving' Press Tour
See All the Stars at the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Show
About Last Night: Jon Hamm Rocks Tom Ford; Naomi Campbell Steps Out in All-White Gown
6 Designers Kim Kardashian Has Helped To Gain Exposure
15 Power Pantsuits That Ruled the Red Carpet
#ImWithHer on the Runway
All The Stars at the Obamas' Final State Dinner at the White House
A Look at Naomie Harris' 'Moonlight' Press Wardrobe
Pussy Riot Releases Anti-Trump Music Video 'Make America Great Again'
The five-minute-long expletive-ridden clip includes scenes of partial nudity and simulated torture, rape and beatings.
'Hamilton's' Leslie Odom Jr. Sings President Obama's Thoughts on Trump for 'This American Life'
Flo & Eddie Prepare to Take on SiriusXM at Trial
Philadelphia 76ers Apologize for Canceling National Anthem Performance From Singer Wearing "We Matter" Shirt
Mayor Declares "Paisley Park Day" as Prince Museum Reopens
Killer Mike Put Hillary Clinton's Hacked Emails on T-Shirts
'Hacksaw Ridge' Composer Rupert Gregson-Williams Reveals What It's Like Working With Mel Gibson
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
twenty one pilots
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
'Falsettos': Theater Review
Christian Borle, Stephanie J. Block and Andrew Rannells star as a New York neurotic, his ex-wife and his lover in this musical by William Finn and James Lapine, which redefines the term "tight-knit family."
Lucas Hedges to Star in Off-Broadway Play 'Yen' (Exclusive)
Trip Cullman will direct the 'Manchester by the Sea' actor, making his stage debut in the MCC Theater production.
Paula Vogel's Historical Play 'Indecent' Bound for Broadway
The new play with music centers on Yiddish playwright Sholem Asch's controversial 'God of Vengeance', which was shut down by police after a single performance in 1923.
Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Sell New Orleans Home
Pitt and Jolie purchased the home in 2007 after Hurricane Katrina for $3.5 million.
Bob Dylan Says He "Absolutely" Wants to Attend Nobel Prize Ceremony
This is the first time the reclusive icon is speaking publicly about the ceremony.
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Takes Aim at Trump at amfAR Gala: "Demagogues Have Had Their Day"
- Yuengling Beer Owner Backs Trump, Gets Boycotted
- Donald Trump Suggests He Might Sue NBC Over 'Access Hollywood' Recording
Grace Helbig Signs Film, TV Overall Deal with Lionsgate
The comedian who rose to fame on YouTube had previously starred in the studio's film 'Dirty 30.'
Amazon Stock Drops on Earnings Miss, YouTube Contributes to Google Growth
YouTube's live streams of the presidential debates were the most-viewed political streams ever on the platform.
Apple Unveils New TV App
The new Apple TV app combines shows and movies from multiple apps in one place.
Twitter Is Shutting Down Its Vine Video App
The three-year-old app became popular for its six-second video clips and gave rise to an entire new class of online stars.
- AwesomenessTV, Verizon Tap Former Universal TV Exec Russell Rothberg for Streaming Service
- Snap Interactive Wants Judge to Bar Snapchat From Changing Its Name to Snap Inc.
- Tim Cook Says Apple Is "Open to Acquisitions of Any Size"