'Girl on the Train's' Emily Blunt on Gender Double Standards: "A Woman Is a Drunk, Whereas the Guy's a Partyer"
"There's just so much judgment with women," says star Blunt as she takes on a tough and not at all likable ("my least bloody favorite word in the industry") character in Universal's film adaptation of a blockbuster novel that highlights the darker urges of suburbia — but please, says author Paula Hawkins, stop comparing it to 'Gone Girl.'
Inside the Quiet Legal Battles Over Martin Scorsese's 'Silence'
The passion project's 26-year road to a December release included a screenplay spat and a just-settled lawsuit.
Michael Wolff on Shari Redstone and the Competing Narratives of Viacom's Future
Firmly in charge but without a clear plan, she must find a CEO (Katzenberg? Chernin?), earn Wall Street trust ("She's flailing around like a fish") or convince Leslie Moonves to fix everything.
Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Authors 2016
Count authors among the creator groups benefiting from the proliferation of new platforms and outlets in entertainment as 11 new writers (from a millennial to a septuagenarian) make their debut on THR's ranking of the industry's most sought-after word nerds.
- Trayvon Martin's Parents Writing Memoir: "Everyone Reading the Manuscript Is in Tears by the Second Chapter"
- Wanda's Real Estate Chief Fights Back in Beverly Hills Spat: Opponents Using "Deplorable Tactics" (Exclusive)
- Pitt v. Jolie: Comparing the Stars' Divorce Dream Teams
- The 25 Most Powerful Business Managers 2016
- Panic, Anxiety Spark Rush to Build Luxury Bunkers for L.A.'s Superrich
- Why 'Black-ish' Was the First Thing Daveed Diggs Wanted to Do After 'Hamilton'
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
The New Red Carpet
Top 25 designers | A Paris couture diary | Fashion's turn to feminism
- Hollywood's Top 25 Red Carpet Designers 2016
- Beverly Hills Housewife Annoyed at Buying $100,000 Dresses Seen on Actresses: "I Don’t Want the Sloppy Seconds"
- Michelle Obama Designer Christian Siriano: How I Beat Hollywood's Body Shamers on the Red Carpet (Guest Column)
- Leonardo DiCaprio, the Malaysians and Marlon Brando's Missing Oscar
- Don't Get Lauer'd: Nervous Networks Prep for Presidential Debates
‘Penny Pincher!’ (‘Radin!’): Film Review
Dany Boon (‘Welcome to the Sticks’) and Fred Cavaye (‘Point Blank’) team up for a comedy about a money-grubbing Frenchman who could change his ways in 'Penny Pincher!'
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer Debuts on 'Ellen'
- Remembering Curtis Hanson: '8 Mile' Producer Brian Grazer, Michael Douglas and More Pen Tributes
- Oscars: Montenegro Selects 'The Black Pin' for Foreign-Language Category
- Amazon Strikes India Streaming Deal With Co-Producer of 'Chef' Bollywood Remake
- Takashi Miike to Direct Warner Bros. Japan, Toho Co-Production Based on Manga
- Watch the Trailer for Leonardo DiCaprio's Climate Change Doc 'Before the Flood'
HBO Renews 'High Maintenance' for Season 2
'This Is Us' Scores Full-Season Order at NBC
'Will & Grace's' Debra Messing, Eric McCormack on Clinton-Themed Reunion and a Possible Revival
'Big Brother: Over the Top' Bosses Talk Digital Edition Changes, America's Vote and Future Plans
'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at FX
'JonBenet's Mother: Victim or Killer' Joins Lifetime's TV Movie in Ramsey Ratings Grab (Exclusive)
How 'Drunk History' Scored 'Hamilton's' Lin-Manuel Miranda
'Will & Grace' Cast Tackles Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Brangelina for Election-Themed Reunion
Netflix's Ted Sarandos Responds to Claims of Curtailed Creative Freedom
NBCUniversal CEO Calls Presidential Debate "Nerve-Racking," Lauds Moderator Lester Holt
Bill Pullman to Star Opposite Jessica Biel in USA Drama 'The Sinner'
'Luke Cage': Showrunner and Star Discuss "Why the World Is Ready For a Bulletproof Black Man"
Tribune Media Completes Three Real Estate Sales for $430M
The deals cover the iconic Tribune Tower in Chicago, the entertainment company's Los Angeles Times Square property and the Olympic Plant in L.A.
ICM Partners Adds Digital Agent Lex Conboy (Exclusive)
The former financial analyst is joining from CAA.
Viacom Says It Doesn't Collect "Personal Information" from Children
Adults? That's a different story.
Charter Exec Discusses "New Labor Force" After 3-Way Merger
Charter rebranded as Spectrum in May and has been standardizing operations across its various businesses.
'Deepwater Horizon' Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura on Studios' Self-Destructive Fears and "Abandoning" Young Men
Disney/ABC TV's Ben Sherwood on a 'Star Wars' Series, "Mistakes" in Michael Strahan's 'Live' Exit and Bob Iger's Future
'Magnificent Seven' Producer on Why Westerns Aren't Dead and How Cancer Changed Him
Oscars: Poland Selects 'Afterimage' for Foreign-Language Category
The Polish submission is the ninth for 90-year-old director Andrzej Wajda who has been nominated four times but never won an Oscar.
Oscars: France Selects 'Elle' for Foreign-Language Category
Paul Verhoeven's controversial "rape comedy," starring Isabelle Huppert, premiered at the Cannes Film Festival.
Oscars: Italy Selects 'Fire at Sea' for Foreign-Language Category
The country has chosen the Berlin Golden Bear winner as its entry.
Oscars: Turkey Selects 'Cold of Kalandar' for Foreign-Language Category
Mustafa Kara's rural drama premiered at the Tokyo Film Festival where it won awards for best film and director.
- Zurich: Hugh Grant on Being Too Old for Romantic Comedies, Hating Watching Himself on Film
- John Malone to Be Honored at 68th Engineering Emmys
- Oscars: Kyrgyzstan Selects 'A Father's Will' for Foreign-Language Category
- Oscars: Paolo Sorrentino Criticizes Italy’s Foreign-Language Doc Selection
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Paris Day 1: Saint Laurent After Hedi Slimane
THR's senior fashion editor Booth Moore reports on the glitzy comings and goings of Paris Fashion Week.
Backstreet's Back (Alright): The Boys' Best Looks Through the Years
Countess Chocula: Fall's Best Chocolate-Colored Beauty Buys
10 Red Carpet-Ready Looks From London Fashion Week
Hollywood's Top 25 Red Carpet Designers 2016: Exclusive Portraits
In His Shoes: A Timeline of Christian Louboutin's Hollywood Hits
Emmys 2016: The Best Behind-the-Scenes Instagrams
See All the Stars at Burberry's First See-Now, Buy-Now Show
Emmy Awards Best Dressed
Mary J. Blige Sings to Hillary Clinton About Police Brutality in Interview Preview
The singer's full interview with the Democratic presidential candidate is set to premiere on Friday on Apple Music.
Garth Drabinsky Plots Broadway Return With 'Sousatzka'
Hailee Steinfeld Rises to Pop Star Status in 'Starving' Video
Record Labels Move to Dismiss Lawsuit Over 50 Cent's "P.I.M.P."
Mary J. Blige's Interview With Hillary Clinton Faces Ridicule Online
BET's 'The New Edition Story' Sets Premiere Date, Releases Super Trailer (Exclusive)
Katy Perry, Joel McHale Try to Vote While Naked in Funny or Die Video
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
twenty one pilots
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
Kevin Kline Sets Broadway Return in 'Present Laughter'
The two-time Tony winner will return to the Great White Way after a 10-year absence to star in the Noel Coward comedy.
'Nat Turner in Jerusalem': Theater Review
This new off-Broadway drama concerns the leader of the 1831 slave rebellion played by Nate Parker in his acclaimed upcoming film, 'The Birth of a Nation.'
Molly Ringwald to Star in 'Terms of Endearment'
The erstwhile John Hughes teen queen will take on the feisty Texas matriarch played onscreen by Shirley MacLaine in the upcoming stage adaptation.
'Birth of a Nation', 'Hamilton' Set In-Theatre Voter Registration Initiatives
Audiences of all 50 states can register to vote before the Fox Searchlight's screenings or outside the Broadway show's theater.
Brangelina Split: Who Gets Custody of Couple's Miraval Rose?
The Jolie-Pitts purchased Chateau Miraval in 2012 for $60 million.
- How Hollywood Is Getting Back in the Agatha Christie Business
- Trayvon Martin's Parents Sign Book Deal (Exclusive)
- Hollywood's Power Authors: 6 Up-and-Comers to Watch
CAA Signs Musical.ly Star Baby Ariel (Exclusive)
Fifteen-year-old Ariel Martin is the most-followed creator on the popular lip-synching app.
YouTube to Live-Stream 6th Annual Streamy Awards
Andrew Bachelor hosts the online video awards show Oct. 4.
First Presidential Debate Breaks Twitter Record
Monday night's showdown between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was the most-tweeted debate ever.
Donald Trump's Campaign Website Goes Down During Debate
The Republican candidate told viewers to check out his website after Hillary Clinton made a plug for her site's Trump fact checker.
- Snapchat Unveils Smart Sunglasses, Rebrands as Snap Inc.
- Backlash Brews After Oculus Founder Funds Anti-Hillary Clinton Memes
- Yahoo Facing Gross Negligence Lawsuit Following Hack of 500M Users