Box-Office Preview: Can 'Jack Reacher 2' Trump 'Boo! A Madea Halloween'?
Supernatural horror offering 'Ouija: Origin of Evil' and comedy 'Keeping Up With the Joneses' also open nationwide.
HGTV's 'Fixer Upper' Star Couple, Ratings Gold, Are Making Over Reality TV Too
In Waco, Texas, Chip and Joanna Gaines built an unlikely Disneyland for design lovers while becoming one of today's rare cable success stories. Says their manager Bill Stankey, "It would be hard for most people to fathom the things they've said no to. If it doesn't feel authentic, they don't want to do it."
Gotham Awards: Any Foreshadowing of the Oscars Is Purely Coincidental
THR's awards analyst explains why the Gothams' selection process makes them a less-than-reliable predictor of other groups' nominees and winners.
Time Warner in Talks to Merge With AT&T (Report)
One source says that AT&T might have to offer as much as $100 billion to get a deal done.
- 'Narcos' Adds Pair of Series Regulars Amid Season 3 Shift (Exclusive)
- 'Walking Dead' Producer Sues for Trademark Infringement
- Daniel Radcliffe to Star in Action-Thriller 'Beast of Burden'
- Final Trump-Clinton Face-Off Draws 71.5 Million Viewers, Topping Second Debate
- CBS Orders Summer Event Series 'Salvation' From Alex Kurtzman
- 'Enemy of the State' TV Sequel Set at ABC
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
How Ryan Reynolds Became 'Deadpool's' Marketing Rebel
“I’ve never taken ownership like this before," Reynolds says. "I can channel this guy [Deadpool] in a way I just can't seem to channel anything else."
- 'The River Thief': Film Review
- 'Logan' Promises Something Unheard of in Superhero Movies — Closure
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Book Trilogy Planned (Exclusive)
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' Adaptation Lands at Warner Bros.
- ‘Breadcrumbs’ (‘Migas de Pan’): Film Review
- Hollywood Flashback: 'Carrie' Was Crowned 40 Years Ago
TV Land's Keith Cox on Skewing 'Younger' and Expanding Into Drama
Behind the Scenes of Fox's 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' Remake: Tiny Tweaks, Toronto and Tim Curry
'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Here's What the Big Twist of Episode 6 Is
'The Young Pope' Producers Confirm Second Season of Show
Michael B. Jordan Inks Film, TV Pact With Skydance Media, Sets First Project (Exclusive)
Roger Ailes Miniseries in the Works From Blumhouse Productions
How the Chicago Cubs Could Boost World Series Ratings (and Give Fox a $30M Advertising Windfall)
Nat Geo Global Networks CEO Touts Original Content Push at London 'Mars' Event
Shondaland Reteams With 'Scandal' Producer for ABC Legal Drama
'Workaholics' Star to Topline Fox Private-Eye Comedy
Netflix Nears Series Order for Veena Sud Racial Crime Drama 'Seven Seconds'
'American Crime Story' Renewed for Versace-Themed Season 3
This Week’s Issue
Love in Black & White
"Fifty years is not that long ago — not for this shit to be going down," says Joel Edgerton of 'Loving,' a real-life drama about an outlawed marriage with sudden relevance in today's racially charged election
- How Interracial Romance 'Loving' Became the Most Relevant Movie This Election Season
- NBC's New 'Apprentice' Star Arnold Schwarzenegger Arrives With Trump-Like Baggage
- Michael Wolff on Billy Bush and How the Media Wrung Trump Dry Before Toppling Him
- Warren Beatty's New Movie Has 16 Credited Producers: "It's Deplorable"
- How the Chicago Cubs Could Boost World Series Ratings (and Give Fox a $30M Advertising Windfall)
Sky Touts Originals, Movie Deals at Investor Day, Dennis Quaid Makes Appearance
The European pay TV giant, in which 21st Century Fox owns a 39 percent stake, also discusses Netflix, Amazon and sports rights, among other things.
Verizon "Still Evaluating" What Yahoo Hack Means for $4.83B Deal, CFO Says
The telecom giant's lawyers had a first call with the internet firm on Wednesday in what could be a long process, says Fran Shammo.
Sony Pictures Television Networks Buys Stake in Kids SVOD Service Hopster
The company says it is already one of the top kids broadcasters in the U.K.
Afghan Media Mogul Saad Mohseni on Taking His Moby Group to New Markets and His Hollywood Connections (Q&A)
The mogul, who is getting the International Women's Media Foundation leadership honor for promoting a free press and female journalists, also discusses working with shareholder Fox, the Murdochs and board member Tom Freston.
- CAA Signs Sugar Ray Leonard (Exclusive)
- Imax Posts Lower Third-Quarter Earnings on Weaker Box Office
- 'Lives of Others' Director to Adapt Fantasy Comic 'Thorgal' (Exclusive)
Feinberg Forecast: The Lay of the Land After the New York Film Festival
THR's awards expert offers his latest assessment of the race.
British Independent Film Awards 2016: The Breakthrough Producers Long List
A preview of the 15 films and 21 individuals – including a rather familiar face – on the long list for the BIFA's new award for first and second time producers.
British Independent Film Awards 2016: The Debut Screenwriters Long List
A closer look at the 16 titles — and 19 individuals — competing for the five nomination spots in the new category for first-time feature writing talent.
'Return of the Jedi' VFX Pioneer Ken Ralston to Get VES Lifetime Honor
His Oscar-winning work also includes 'Forrest Gump' and 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit.'
- Jon Favreau to Be Honored by Sound Mixers
- 'The Other End' Wins Top Prize at Rio Film Festival
- International Emmys Create Shortform Series Category
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Mahershala Ali ('Moonlight')
Hillary Clinton Bookends Campaign With Another White Ralph Lauren Pantsuit
The Democratic nominee wore a similar white pantsuit by the designer when she accepted her party's nomination at the DNC back in July.
15 Power Pantsuits That Ruled the Red Carpet
#ImWithHer on the Runway
Tilda Swinton's Wacky and Wonderful Press Wardrobe for 'Doctor Strange'
All The Stars at the Obamas' Final State Dinner at the White House
A Look at Naomie Harris' 'Moonlight' Press Wardrobe
Every Time Michelle Obama Slayed at a White House State Dinner
Fashion Biggest Names Remember Bill Cunningham
About Last Weekend: Beyonce's Sheer Magic; Katy Perry Shimmers
See What All the Stars Wore to Veuve Clicquot's Annual Polo Classic
About Last Night: Halle Berry Suits Up; Milla Jovovich Stands Out in Sequins
Donald Trump's "Nasty Woman" Comment to Hillary Clinton Spikes Janet Jackson Streams on Spotify
The song has also been featured in a mashup with Trump's insults from the debate.
Maverick's Guy Oseary, Live Nation's Heather Parry to Co-Manage Kurt Cobain's Estate
Regina Spektor Gets Close to Her Fans at Truly Intimate Rough Trade NYC Show
Eminem Calls Out Donald Trump, Stacey Dash and More in New Song "Campaign Speech"
Madonna Opens for Amy Schumer, Makes Scandalous Campaign Promise to Hillary Clinton Voters
Scooter Braun to Receive Humanitarian Award at Billboard Touring Awards
Bruno Mars to Open 2016 American Music Awards
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
twenty one pilots
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Independence Day' Actress Maika Monroe Goes From Pro Kiteboarder to Breakout Star
'Love, Love, Love': Theater Review
Amy Ryan and Richard Armitage star in this drama by the Tony Award-nominated playwright of 'King Charles III,' chronicling the lives of a couple and their two children over several decades.
'Sell/Buy/Date': Theater Review
Tony Award winner Sarah Jones' new one-person play features characters working in and around the sex industry.
'The Red Barn': Theater Review
Mark Strong plays a New England lawyer dangerously drawn to the widow of his recently deceased friend in David Hare's Georges Simenon adaptation, also starring Hope Davis and Elizabeth Debicki.
Allison Janney, John Benjamin Hickey to Star in 'Six Degrees of Separation' on Broadway
Trip Cullman will direct the spring 2017 revival of John Guare's 1990 play.
'The Cherry Orchard': Theater Review
Diane Lane returns to Broadway, graduating from the ensemble almost 40 years ago to the grande dame of Anton Chekhov's classic, in a new version by Tony winner Stephen Karam.
- 'Chris Gethard: Career Suicide': Theater Review
- 'Stuffed': Theater Review
- Drew Barrymore, Josh Gad, Katy Perry Support Children's Hospital Los Angeles at 'Once Upon a Time' Gala
One NBA Game Per Week to Get Virtual Reality Live Stream Treatment
The weekly games will be available via the NBA League Pass package.
Singing Competition Series 'Car Star' Coming to Verizon's Go90 (Exclusive)
The show, hosted by Arielle Vandenberg, is the latest in a string of series featuring people singing in their cars.
Donald Trump's Tweet About "Best Friend" Putin Is Most Retweeted From Final Debate
The most tweeted moment from the night was when the candidates discussed the treatment of women.
Laurence Fishburne, Larenz Tate Team Up for 'Bronzeville' Podcast
The 10-part audio series set in 1940s Chicago will begin streaming in January.
- Julian Assange's Internet Access "Temporarily Restricted," Says Ecuador
- Relativity's $1.5 Billion Lawsuit Offers Rare Peek at Netflix License Agreement
- MIPCOM: FremantleMedia Extends Online Deal With China's Youku