'Saturday Night Live' Casts Alec Baldwin as Its New Donald Trump
Executive producer Lorne Michaels made the decision to put the 'SNL' guest-host record-holder in the part over the summer.
Gary Glasberg, 'NCIS' Showrunner, Dies at 50
The beloved executive producer on the most watched show in the world passed away in his sleep Wednesday.
'Conviction': TV Review
How to waste Hayley Atwell? Put her in this terrible ABC show about a former first daughter who takes a job that entails trying to overturn wrongful convictions.
'Girl on the Train's' Emily Blunt on Gender Double Standards: "A Woman Is a Drunk, Whereas the Guy's a Partyer"
"There's just so much judgment with women," says star Blunt as she takes on a tough and not at all likable ("my least bloody favorite word in the industry") character in Universal's film adaptation of a blockbuster novel that highlights the darker urges of suburbia — but please, says author Paula Hawkins, stop comparing it to 'Gone Girl.'
- Agnes Nixon, Creator of 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live,' Dies at 93
- Ryan Kavanaugh, Dana Brunetti Reveal Their Plan for Relativity 2.0 (Exclusive)
- 'Westworld': TV Review
- 'The Italian Job' Reboot in the Works at NBC
- Fox Searchlight Promotes 'Birth of a Nation' With Puzzling Presidential Debate Photoshop
- 'Lion King' Live-Action Movie in the Works from Disney
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
The 25 Power Authors
Emily Blunt's descent into alcoholic darkness for 'The Girl on the Train,' adapted from Paula Hawkins' novel | The writers who have Hollywood hanging on their every word | Agatha Christie's new plot twist: an attempted comeback
- 'Girl on the Train's' Emily Blunt on Gender Double Standards: "A Woman Is a Drunk, Whereas the Guy's a Partyer"
- Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Authors 2016
- Stars Getting Rich Off Fan Conventions: How to Take Home "Garbage Bags Full of $20s"
- Hollywood Salaries 2016: Who Got Raises (and Who Didn't), From Movie Stars to Showrunners
- The 25 Most Powerful Business Managers 2016
'Girl on the Train' Author Shoots Down 'Gone Girl' Comparisons
Paula Hawkins' and Gillian Flynn's books (and films) share a zeitgeisty focus on the "unlikable" woman and a dark view of suburbia, as Universal hopes its take on the formula matches the success of the Fox hit.
- Sam Mendes to Produce, Potentially Direct 'Beautiful Ruins' at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- Mel Gibson in Talks to Star in Action-Adventure 'Every Other Weekend' (Exclusive)
- Producer Matthew Einstein to Adapt Liberty Magazine Articles for Film, TV (Exclusive)
- Box Office: Denzel Washington's Solid Streak Continues With 'The Magnificent Seven'
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Director Justin Lin Tackling 'Hot Wheels' for Legendary (Exclusive)
- Fox Animation, Blue Sky Adapting Princess and the Frog Tale 'Frogkisser!' (Exclusive)
'You're the Worst' Renewed for Fourth Season on FXX
HBO Renews 'High Maintenance' for Season 2
NBC Orders 'Little Big Shots' Spinoff Centered on Elderly
Ron Livingston to Star in Peter Farrelly Comedy Series at AT&T Audience Network
'The Mindy Project' Heads to VH1, Freeform in Syndication Deal (Exclusive)
Why 'Black-ish' Was the First Thing Daveed Diggs Wanted to Do After 'Hamilton'
'This Is Us' Scores Full-Season Order at NBC
'Will & Grace's' Debra Messing, Eric McCormack on Clinton-Themed Reunion and a Possible Revival
'Big Brother: Over the Top' Bosses Talk Digital Edition Changes, America's Vote and Future Plans
'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at FX
'JonBenet's Mother: Victim or Killer' Joins Lifetime's TV Movie in Ramsey Ratings Grab (Exclusive)
How 'Drunk History' Scored 'Hamilton's' Lin-Manuel Miranda
Rights Available! Fantasy Book Series Backed by George R.R. Martin Up for Grabs
Candice Millard's 'Hero of the Empire,' along with Richard Dent's 'Myopia,' are both ripe for optioning.
National Amusements Pushes CBS-Viacom Merger Plan
Viacom stock spiked on the news, trading up 2.7 percent.
Pitt v. Jolie: Comparing the Stars' Divorce Dream Teams
Both of the stars — who have largely operated without full Hollywood teams of reps — have assembled crisis PR squads, in addition to lawyers and spin doctors, to handle newfound legal and publicity needs.
AMC Entertainment Fights Antitrust Claims Secretly Valued at Hundreds of Millions of Dollars
The exhibition giant says it is really fighting "nine different cases in one" and that a proposed injunction would "materially impact AMC’s business throughout the United States."
- Eazy-E's Widow Launches Production Company (Exclusive)
- Inside the Quiet Legal Battles Over Martin Scorsese's 'Silence'
- Michael Wolff on Shari Redstone and the Competing Narratives of Viacom's Future
'Deepwater Horizon' Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura on Studios' Self-Destructive Fears and "Abandoning" Young Men
Disney/ABC TV's Ben Sherwood on a 'Star Wars' Series, "Mistakes" in Michael Strahan's 'Live' Exit and Bob Iger's Future
'Magnificent Seven' Producer on Why Westerns Aren't Dead and How Cancer Changed Him
Oscars: Poland Selects 'Afterimage' for Foreign-Language Category
The Polish submission is the ninth for 90-year-old director Andrzej Wajda who has been nominated four times but never won an Oscar.
Oscars: France Selects 'Elle' for Foreign-Language Category
Paul Verhoeven's controversial "rape comedy," starring Isabelle Huppert, premiered at the Cannes Film Festival.
Oscars: Italy Selects 'Fire at Sea' for Foreign-Language Category
The country has chosen the Berlin Golden Bear winner as its entry.
Tom Petty To Be Honored as MusiCares Person of the Year
Petty will be honored in Los Angeles on Feb. 10, 2017 ahead of the Grammy Awards.
- Artios Awards Unveil 2017 Nominees; Joel McHale to Host L.A. Ceremony
- Tony Awards Sets 2017 Dates
- Patton Oswalt on How Emmy Win Is Just "The Flavor of Happiness" After Wife's Death
- Oscars: David Rubin to Produce Governors Awards
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Paris Day 1: Saint Laurent After Hedi Slimane
THR's senior fashion editor Booth Moore reports on the glitzy comings and goings of Paris Fashion Week.
Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber Split: Their 20 Cutest Red-Carpet Moments
Backstreet's Back (Alright): The Boys' Best Looks Through the Years
Countess Chocula: Fall's Best Chocolate-Colored Beauty Buys
10 Red Carpet-Ready Looks From London Fashion Week
Hollywood's Top 25 Red Carpet Designers 2016: Exclusive Portraits
In His Shoes: A Timeline of Christian Louboutin's Hollywood Hits
Emmys 2016: The Best Behind-the-Scenes Instagrams
See All the Stars at Burberry's First See-Now, Buy-Now Show
Emmy Awards Best Dressed
Mary J. Blige Sings to Hillary Clinton About Police Brutality in Interview Preview
The singer's full interview with the Democratic presidential candidate is set to premiere on Friday on Apple Music.
James Corden Performs With Backstreet Boys, Vows to Bring Back Boy Bands
'The Voice': Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys Show Off Their Own Voices on Third Night of Blind Auditions
Hailee Steinfeld Rises to Pop Star Status in 'Starving' Video
Record Labels Move to Dismiss Lawsuit Over 50 Cent's "P.I.M.P."
Mary J. Blige's Interview With Hillary Clinton Faces Ridicule Online
BET's 'The New Edition Story' Sets Premiere Date, Releases Super Trailer (Exclusive)
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
twenty one pilots
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
Garth Drabinsky Plots Broadway Return With 'Sousatzka'
The Canadian producer who served time for fraud and forgery will try out the new musical next February in Toronto before a planned New York run in the fall.
Kevin Kline Sets Broadway Return in 'Present Laughter'
The two-time Tony winner will return to the Great White Way after a 10-year absence to star in the Noel Coward comedy.
'Nat Turner in Jerusalem': Theater Review
This new off-Broadway drama concerns the leader of the 1831 slave rebellion played by Nate Parker in his acclaimed upcoming film, 'The Birth of a Nation.'
Molly Ringwald to Star in 'Terms of Endearment'
The erstwhile John Hughes teen queen will take on the feisty Texas matriarch played onscreen by Shirley MacLaine in the upcoming stage adaptation.
'Birth of a Nation', 'Hamilton' Set In-Theatre Voter Registration Initiatives
Audiences of all 50 states can register to vote before the Fox Searchlight's screenings or outside the Broadway show's theater.
- George Takei Donates Personal Collection to Japanese American National Museum
- California Passes Law Inspired by Bill Cosby Scandal
- Off Script: How Judith Light Strengthens for Solo Show 'All the Ways to Say I Love You' (Q&A)
CAA Signs Musical.ly Star Baby Ariel (Exclusive)
Fifteen-year-old Ariel Martin is the most-followed creator on the popular video social network.
YouTube to Live-Stream 6th Annual Streamy Awards
Andrew Bachelor hosts the online video awards show Oct. 4.
First Presidential Debate Breaks Twitter Record
Monday night's showdown between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was the most-tweeted debate ever.
Donald Trump's Campaign Website Goes Down During Debate
The Republican candidate told viewers to check out his website after Hillary Clinton made a plug for her site's Trump fact checker.
- Snapchat Unveils Smart Sunglasses, Rebrands as Snap Inc.
- Backlash Brews After Oculus Founder Funds Anti-Hillary Clinton Memes
- Yahoo Facing Gross Negligence Lawsuit Following Hack of 500M Users