Philippe Dauman Exits Viacom Early as Potential Showdown With Paramount's Brad Grey Looms (Exclusive)
Acting CEO Thomas Dooley says the film studio chief's contract "has not been breached" but language in a regulatory filing opens the door to increased oversight of the studio.
'Stranger Things' Producer on New Characters and Casting "Famous People" for Season 2
"Certain actors that you have definitely heard of have raised their hand with real interest to be a part of it," Shawn Levy says of the drama's second season.
Who Will Host and Produce the Oscars? The Contenders Emerge
Will Reginald Hudlin and David Hill be back as producers? Are Louis C.K. and Kevin Hart under consideration for host? Might we see the return of Brett Ratner and Eddie Murphy? THR's awards analyst digs into the Academy's big decisions.
'You're the Worst' Season 3: TV Review
After a terrific, ambitious second season, 'You're the Worst' returns to prove the best is still to come.
- Vin Diesel Scores Knockdown in Former Partner's Lawsuit Over ‘xXx’ Sequel
- Fox Updating King Arthur as Police Procedural Drama 'Camelot' (Exclusive)
- Marc Maron to Star in Netflix Wrestling Comedy 'GLOW'
- How Hollywood Stars, Trump and Scientologists Inflame the Vaccine Wars: "It's Spurious but Effective"
- 'La La Land': Venice Review
- CBS All Access Unveils Ad-Free Option to Compete With Streaming Giants
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
"Why are we still talking about how women look?"
- Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
- Little People, Big Woes in Hollywood: Low Pay, Degrading Jobs and a Tragic Death
- Kim Masters: My Battles With CAA's Michael Ovitz and the Truce That Never Was
- Oscar Voters Ponder Nate Parker and 'Birth of a Nation': "I Would Not Go to the Movie"
- Michael Wolff: Why Univision's $135M Gawker Buy Is a Desperation Play for Millennials
George Clooney's 'Suburbicon' Adds 'Night Manager,' 'Night Of' Actors (Exclusive)
Noah Jupe and Glenn Fleshler are boarding the drama starring Matt Damon and Julianne Moore.
- Swiss Oscar Selection 'My Life As a Zucchini' Nabbed by GKIDS
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Is Better Than International First Look (Though That's a Low Bar)
- 'The Net' ('Geumul'): Venice Review
- 'Off the Rails,' Doc Version of Upcoming Julia Roberts Drama, to Get Oscar-Qualifying Run (Exclusive)
- 'Brooks, Meadows and Lovely Faces' ('Al Ma’ wal Khodra wal Wajh El Hassan'): Locarno Review
- 'Warcraft' Director on Making the Movie: "You Get Killed By a Death of 1,000 Cuts"
Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
'Game of Thrones' Enlists Jim Broadbent for Season 7
Kanye West Video Star Teyana Taylor Boards VH1's 'The Breaks,' 'Hip Hop Squares' (Exclusive)
USA Sets 'Glee,' 'Masters of Sex' Grads to Star in Period Drama 'The Tap'
Tom Brady, Michael Strahan Team for 'Religion of Sports' TV Series (Exclusive)
Netflix Renews 'Stranger Things' for Second Season
'Narcos': Everything to Know Before Season 2
Taylor Kitsch to Play David Koresh in Weinstein Co. Limited Series 'Waco' (Exclusive)
Netflix Orders Bill Nye Talk Show
Jason Ritter Boards David E. Kelley's Amazon Drama 'Goliath'
'Chicago P.D.' Star Talks Lindsay and Halstead's Big Move and Voight Fallout: "Everybody's on Edge"
Adam Scott, Craig Robinson to Star in Fox Comedy 'Ghosted'
'Criminal Minds' Ups Paget Brewster to Series Regular in Wake of Thomas Gibson Firing
EU Orders Apple to Pay $14.5 Billion in Back Taxes
The European commission hands Apple a record fine for violating European law in its tax dealings with Ireland.
Sony Pictures Networks India to Acquire Ten Sports for $385 Million
“India has been a strong driver of Sony Pictures’ growing networks business for two decades, and sports continue to play a significant role in that growth," says Andy Kaplan, president, worldwide networks at Sony Pictures Television.
Rainforest Charity Urges Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to Repay Donations Linked to 'Wolf of Wall Street' Scandal
The Bruno Manser Funds, focused on Malaysian rainforest protection, accuses the star of "double standards" for his environmental charity that is alleged to have accepted donations linked to an international money laundering scandal.
China Advances Film Industry Law, Cracks Down on "Western Values"
Topics addressed in the draft of China's film industry rulebook include market access for foreign movies, censorship and how to handle artists "tainted" by drug and prostitution scandals.
- Russian Director Denied Canadian Visa to Attend Toronto Premiere of His Movie
- Roger Ailes Lawyers Ramp Up Attack on Biographer
- Blind Melon Sues "Insane" Songwriters for Covering Up 'No Rain' Infringement
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Daniel Fienberg: The 10 Nominees I'll Be Rooting Hardest For at the Emmys
From the leading lady of 'The Americans' to the DP on 'The Man in the High Castle' to a cross-dressing supporting player on 'Baskets,' THR's TV critic picks the people he most ardently wants to see grab the gold.
Emmys 2016: Who Should Win, Who Will Win
Months of shoulda, coulda, woulda wind up here as final Emmy verdicts are in from THR’s awards analyst Scott Feinberg, who assesses what will win, and chief TV critic Tim Goodman, who shares what should win (hint: 'Game of Thrones' and 'Veep' are gonna clean up).
NASA to Get IBC Broadcast Community Honor
Emmys: 7 Series With Final-Season Nominations
- Warren Beatty's Howard Hughes Movie 'Rules Don't Apply' to Open AFI Fest
- Emmy Poll: Which Show Should Win Best Drama Series?
- James Corden, Stephen Colbert Spoof Kanye West and Beyonce at MTV VMAs
- 'Louder Than Bombs,' 'Land of Mine,' 'Sparrows' Nominated for Nordic Council Prize
Fall's Understated 'In-The-Know' Bags
Shop 10 must-have bags (no rockstuds in sight!) that fashion leaders like Dakota Fanning and Eva Chen are already carrying
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
twenty one pilots
Chris Brown's Legal Problems: A Timeline of Trouble
Tracy Morgan to Honor Smokey Robinson at Little Kids Rock Benefit
Watch Coldplay Perform "Pure Imagination" in Honor of Gene Wilder
Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley and Little Big Town to Cover David Bowie's 'Heroes' for 'Stand Up to Cancer'
In 10 Years, Willow and Jaden Smith Would Like to Live in the Mountains and Be One With Nature
Chris Brown Emerges From Home After Police Serve Warrant
Kevin Bacon and Jimmy Fallon Sing Horse-Filled Version of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'"
'The Entertainer': Theater Review
Kenneth Branagh slips into Laurence Olivier's tap-dancing shoes to revive John Osborne's classic 1957 musical drama about the dying days of the British Empire.
Burning Man Turns 30: The Joys, Pitfalls (and Drugs) of Hollywood's "Vacation for the Soul"
Industry "Burners" from Brad Falchuk to Dana Brunetti discuss the boundary-pushing wild festival in the desert, where inhibitions give way to abandon (drugs: yes; pants: optional), artists do extraordinary installations and the rich (of course) threaten tradition with private chefs, $10,000 tents and air conditioning.
'The Layover': Theater Review
Annie Parisse and Adam Rothenberg play strangers who connect in a one-night stand that casts a lingering spell in Leslye Headland's dark comedy.
Jennifer Holliday Returning to Broadway in 'The Color Purple'
The Tony-winning breakout star of 'Dreamgirls' will end a 15-year absence when she steps into the role of juke-joint singer Shug Avery in the hit musical revival.
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
- Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
- John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson to Be Honored at Los Angeles LGBT Center's Vanguard Awards (Exclusive)
Kristen Bell to Produce Animated Kids Series for Gaumont
'Do, Re & Mi' will be a musical show aimed at pre-school children, the first project under new Gaumont animation head Nicolas Atlan.
Digital Studio Portal A Taps Maker Studios Veteran to Lead Original Programming (Exclusive)
How Top YouTuber PewDiePie Got (Briefly) Suspended From Twitter
Jessica Alba to Mentor Startups in Apple's 'Planet of the Apps'
- Why an NFL Superstar's Lawsuit Against ESPN Represents a Threat for Media
- Instagram to Start Recommending Stories Via Explore Tab
- Facebook Trending Section Runs Viral Fake Story Days After Removing Human Editors