Lionsgate's Fraught Fall: 'Deepwater Horizon' and 12 Risky Releases Follow Studio Chief's Exit
As movie chief Rob Friedman departs during an especially active period, analysts want the next 'Hunger Games' or 'Twilight': "They've had a series of misfires."
Box Office: 'Miss Peregrine's' Conjures Up $1.2 Million Thursday
Peter Berg's 'Deepwater Horizon' took in $860K in previews; Relativity's comedy 'Masterminds' also opens wide this weekend.
Lorne Michaels Talks 'SNL' Cast Changes and Alec Baldwin's Trump
Ahead of the Season 42 premiere, Michaels opens up about Baldwin's high-profile addition (it was Tina Fey's idea!) and the "intuitive decisions" that led him to part ways with Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah.
How 'Divorce' Costume Designer Put Together Sarah Jessica Parker's Wardrobe
"We make decisions together, it is very collaborative," says Arjun Bhasin of working with the actress for the new HBO comedy.
- Laurene Powell Jobs Goes Hollywood, Buys Minority Stake in 'Spotlight' Producer Anonymous Content
- Hollywood Celebs Cashing in on the Pot Business Despite Legal Risks
- Oscar's Battle of the Billionaires: Meet 6 Power Financiers Behind This Year's Awards Hopefuls
- Filmmakers Accuse YouTube of Anti-Christian Bias After Trailer is Blocked
- Michael Ovitz Apologizes For "Unbridled Ambition": "I Was Myopic In My Drive"
- '13th': NYFF Review
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
The 25 Power Authors
Emily Blunt's descent into alcoholic darkness for 'The Girl on the Train,' adapted from Paula Hawkins' novel | The writers who have Hollywood hanging on their every word | Agatha Christie's new plot twist: an attempted comeback
- 'Girl on the Train's' Emily Blunt on Gender Double Standards: "A Woman Is a Drunk, Whereas the Guy's a Partyer"
- Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Authors 2016
- Stars Getting Rich Off Fan Conventions: How to Take Home "Garbage Bags Full of $20s"
- Hollywood Salaries 2016: Who Got Raises (and Who Didn't), From Movie Stars to Showrunners
- The 25 Most Powerful Business Managers 2016
Nate Parker Addresses Rape Trial Scandal in '60 Minutes' Interview
"I feel terrible that this woman isn’t here. … Her family had to deal with that, but as I sit here, an apology is — no."
- Ava Duvernay on Donald Trump Scenes, Police Brutality Footage and Special Credits Sequence in Prison Doc '13th'
- Paramount's 'Jack Reacher' Sequel Secures Chinese Investors
- Sally Hawkins Drama 'Maudie' Sells to Sony Pictures Classics
- Fox Searchlight Takes Amma Asante's 'A United Kingdom'
- 'Star Trek' Lawsuit Heats Up As Fan Co. Seeks Paramount's J.J. Abrams, Justin Lin Communications
- 'Deepwater Horizon': How the Sound Team Put Viewers on the Oil Rig
John Singleton's Cocaine Drama 'Snowfall' Ordered to Series at FX
Stars Getting Rich Off Fan Conventions: How to Take Home "Garbage Bags Full of $20s"
Taika Waititi Planning 'What We Do in the Shadows' TV Spinoff
HBO Boss on a 'Game of Thrones' Spinoff: "It's About Finding the Right Take"
'Westworld' Creators Explain the Show's Existential Use of Violence and Sexual Assault
'Jessica Jones' Boss on Luke Cage's Carefully Crafted Intro, Season 2 Surprises and 'The Defenders'
Sandra Oh Plots TV Return With ABC's 'American Crime' (Exclusive)
Fashion Soap From Dawn Ostroff, 'Empire' EP in the Works at ABC
Mark-Paul Gosselaar on Training for 'Pitch' and How His Beard Helped Get Him the Part
Phil Lord and Chris Miller Sell 'Escape' Comedy to ABC
'Grey's Anatomy' Star Ellen Pompeo: There's "No Talk" of an End Game
'Empire' Writer Discusses Police Brutality Storyline: "This Is Fast Becoming an Everyday Thing"
Luc Besson's EuropaCorp Looks to Sell Multiplex Business
The news comes as China's Fundamental Films is set to become the studio's largest outside shareholder.
Indian Film Producers Set Temporary Ban on Pakistani Talent Amid Political Tensions
In return, Indian films will also not be released theatrically in Pakistan, according to a report.
National Amusements Proposes Viacom, CBS Reunion, Cites "Substantial Synergies"
Sumner Redstone's holding firm calls for an all-stock deal, saying it is "not willing to accept or support any acquisition" of Viacom or CBS by a third party or not controlling the merged company.
CBS, Viacom Stocks Rise After Redstones Call for Merger
National Amusements formally calls for the two entertainment companies to reverse a separation that went into effect at the start of 2006.
- CBS-Viacom Merger Analyst: "Wall Street Wants Brad Grey's Head"
- Judge Finds Sony-Spotify Agreement to Be Ambiguous in Big Royalties Lawsuit
- Open Road Taps Lejo Pet as Senior VP Acquisitions
'Deepwater Horizon' Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura on Studios' Self-Destructive Fears and "Abandoning" Young Men
Disney/ABC TV's Ben Sherwood on a 'Star Wars' Series, "Mistakes" in Michael Strahan's 'Live' Exit and Bob Iger's Future
'Magnificent Seven' Producer on Why Westerns Aren't Dead and How Cancer Changed Him
Oscars: Poland Selects 'Afterimage' for Foreign-Language Category
The Polish submission is the ninth for 90-year-old director Andrzej Wajda who has been nominated four times but never won an Oscar.
Oscars: Argentina Selects 'The Distinguished Citizen' for Foreign-Language Category
Mariano Cohn and Gaston Duprat's acid comedy premiered in Venice and grabbed best actor award for Oscar Martínez.
Oscars: Burt Bacharach Enters Race with First Original Film Score and Song in Years (Exclusive)
The three-time Oscar winner wrote the score for 'Po' and the song "Dancing with Your Shadow" as a tribute to his daughter Nikki, who died in 2007.
Academy's Nicholl Screenwriting Fellowship Winners Revealed
The authors of the five winning screenplays will be recognized at a live read on Nov. 3.
- Tom Petty To Be Honored as MusiCares Person of the Year
- Jaden Smith Tapped for Environmental Media Association Award
- 'Game of Thrones,' 'The Martian' Lead HPA Postproduction Award Nominations
- Oscars: Montenegro Selects 'The Black Pin' for Foreign-Language Category
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Paris Day 4: Maria Grazia Chiuri's Feminist Message for Dior Debut
THR's senior fashion editor Booth Moore reports on the glitzy comings and goings of Paris Fashion Week.
Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber Split: Their 20 Cutest Red-Carpet Moments
Backstreet's Back (Alright): The Boys' Best Looks Through the Years
Countess Chocula: Fall's Best Chocolate-Colored Beauty Buys
10 Red Carpet-Ready Looks From London Fashion Week
Hollywood's Top 25 Red Carpet Designers 2016: Exclusive Portraits
In His Shoes: A Timeline of Christian Louboutin's Hollywood Hits
Emmys 2016: The Best Behind-the-Scenes Instagrams
See All the Stars at Burberry's First See-Now, Buy-Now Show
Bruce Springsteen Signs School Absence Note for Young Fan
"The Boss" took time out from promoting his new autobiography, 'Born to Run,' to authorize a Philadelphia student missing school to attend his meet-and-greet.
Green Day Slams Donald Trump With New "Holiday" Lyrics at New Jersey Concert
Lady Gaga Will Be the Fifth Woman to Headline Super Bowl Halftime Show
Lee Daniels Planning a Musical About His Life
One Direction's Niall Horan Surprises With First Solo Single "This Town"
'Hamilton' Alum Leslie Odom Jr. to Release Christmas Album
U.S. Supreme Court to Review "Disparaging" Trademarks
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
twenty one pilots
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
'The Encounter': Theater Review
Simon McBurney evokes a journey into the heart of the Amazonian jungle while also exploring more abstract realms of time and consciousness in the writer-director-performer's solo sonic odyssey.
'All the Ways to Say I Love You': Theater Review
Judith Light stars in Neil LaBute's one-person play about a high school teacher who describes a traumatic experience involving one of her students.
Garth Drabinsky Plots Broadway Return With 'Sousatzka'
The Canadian producer who served time for fraud and forgery will try out the new musical next February in Toronto before a planned New York run in the fall.
Bruce Weber, Dennis Hopper, Ed Ruscha Photos Among Auction Items at Photo 16 Benefit
The benefit, which will take place Oct. 6 at Milk Studios in L.A., also features Herb Ritts, Mick Rock and Pamela Hanson photography.
Parks Close Halloween Ride Amid Charges of Stereotyping
A petition is asking Knott's Berry Farm to reopen an attraction that was closed after mental health advocates said it was insensitive to the mentally ill.
- Donald Trump Goes All-In on Bill Clinton's Past
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' House up for Sale for $4.45 Million
- Jerry Weintraub's Power Hub for Sale: Inside the Mansion Where Clooney and Pitt Planned 'Ocean's Eleven'
'Ouija: Origins of Evil' Actress Annalise Basso Joins Go90 Series 'Cold'
The 10-episode series will premiere Oct. 13 on go90.
FCC Pulls Controversial Set-Top Box Proposal From Meeting Agenda
FCC chairman Tom Wheeler says rules reshaping access to TV programming will remain under consideration, but that the FCC needs to resolve technical and legal issues.
'The Bachelor' Season One Comes to ABC's Streaming App
The broadcast network's app will air old seasons of 'The Bachelor' and 'The Bachelorette.'
HBO to Shut Down Dutch Channels
The Time Warner unit will shutter its three linear channels, as well as HBO Go in the Netherlands, but 'Game of Thrones' will still be available to Dutch fans.
- ICM Partners Adds Digital Agent Lex Conboy (Exclusive)
- CAA Signs Musical.ly Star Baby Ariel (Exclusive)
- Viacom Says It Doesn't Collect "Personal Information" from Children