'An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power': Film Review | Sundance 2017
Al Gore continues to build support for Earth-friendly energy in Jon Shenk and Bonni Cohen's impassioned follow-up.
Reporter's Notebook: Trump Fans Get Kickoff Night They Want
At the big concert the day before the mogul's swearing-in: lots of country artist background music, little visible protest activity and many people very happy Trump is "Making America Great Again."
Malia Obama to Intern for Harvey Weinstein
President Obama's eldest daughter, who previously interned on the HBO show 'Girls,' is set to work with the Hollywood super producer and Democrat donor.
'Black-ish' Spinoff in the Works at ABC
Yara Shahidi would topline the potential backdoor pilot from series creator Kenya Barris and former showrunner Larry Wilmore.
- Sundance: ‘An Inconvenient Sequel’ Debuts to Rapturous Response
- Universal Cancels Premiere of 'A Dog's Purpose'
- Scott Baio Now Wants to See Trump Lead An American "Resurgence"
- Robert De Niro, Alec Baldwin Address Crowd at Anti-Trump Rally in NYC
- 'T2 Trainspotting': Film Review
- 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage': Film Review
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Al Gore reveals his 11-year journey to 'An Inconvenient Sequel' and his ongoing private talks with Trump: "I won't get into the details. I don't want the Russians to hack it."
- Al Gore on His 'Inconvenient Truth' Sequel, Private Donald Trump Talks, "Consoling" Hillary Clinton
- Sundance Hot List: 17 Movies That Will Sell
- Norman Lear: Why Do People Fall For Fake News? (Guest Column)
- Oscars Producer Welcomes Meryl Streep-Like Political Speeches: "Spontaneity Helps These Shows"
- Gavin Polone on Meryl Streep's Globes Speech and How Hollywood Can Learn to Live Under Trump
Christina Ricci, Miguel Ferrer Join Voice Cast of 'Teen Titans' Animated Movie (Exclusive)
Here is the first look at the original DC animated film 'Teen Titans: Judas Contract,' which will feature popular villain Deathstroke.
- 'Moonlight,' 'Love & Friendship' Lead London Critics' Circle Film Awards Nominations
- ‘Pop Aye’: Film Review | Sundance 2017
- PETA Calls on 'A Dog's Purpose' Filmmakers to Forgo Future Animal Use After On-Set Video Surfaces
- Sundance: Momentum, Netflix Team to Buy Comedy 'Fun Mom Dinner'
- 'Fraud': Film Review
- The Hidden Depths of Dwayne Johnson's Next Leading Man, Black Adam
Magic Procedural From 'Blindspot' Trio, Futuristic War Drama Land ABC Pilot Pickups
'Sneaky Pete' Renewed for Second Season at Amazon
Marvel's 'Inhumans' Taps Feature Director for Imax Episodes (Exclusive)
Jane Lynch to Play Janet Reno in Discovery Unabomber Drama
'Scandal' Sets Darby Stanchfield-Directed Web Series Ahead of Season 6 (Exclusive)
Monica Lewinsky Saga in the Works as 'American Crime Story' Season (Exclusive)
'This Is Us' Renewed for Second and Third Seasons at NBC
Comedy Central Sets First Local Production in Middle East
Esquire Network Cable Channel to Shutter, Will Relaunch as Digital Brand
'Will and Grace' Revival Officially a Go at NBC
'Star Trek: Discovery' Delayed Again as Spock's Father Is Cast
'Major Crimes' Renewed for Sixth Season at TNT
Trump Inauguration: How Networks in U.K., Russia, Mexico and Beyond Will (or Won't) Cover It
Canadian networks promise blanket coverage of the day's events in Washington, D.C.
Google Co-Founder: Davos World Economic Forum Is Like Burning Man "Except We're All Wearing Clothes"
Sergey Brin, president of Google parent Alphabet, tells the event in Switzerland about the company's culture, why governments and businesses should collaborate more and how he may still finish his PhD.
Alibaba to Launch Olympic Sports Streaming Service in China
The Chinese e-commerce giant unveiled a broad-based digital partnership with the International Olympic Committee in Davos that will run through 2028.
Sheryl Sandberg: "People Don’t Want to See Hoaxes on Facebook, and We Don't Want to Either"
The social media giant is committed to addressing fake news, the COO tells the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
- Author Sued for "Children's Versions" of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's,' '2001: A Space Odyssey'
- At Senate Hearing, Steven Mnuchin Addresses 'Avatar' Profits, Relativity, Hollywood's Chinese Influence
- Berlin Festival Adds Digitally Restored 'Terminator 2,' 'Annie Hall'
- Amazon's Film Chief on Sundance Buying Plans, Rival Netflix and Apple's Possible Movie Play
- Chris Milk, Spike Jonze Creating Virtual Reality Film as Part of New FoxNext/Within Partnership
- Sky Deutschland Pushes Further Into Originals With Nordic Noir Series
- Red Arrow's Karga Seven Launches Turkish Production Operation
Martin Short to Be Honored at the Oscar Wilde Awards
The 'SNL' grad will be honored at a Feb. 23 event at J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot in Santa Monica.
People’s Choice Awards 2017: 10 Most Memorable Moments
Ellen DeGeneres became a record-holder with her 20th win, Tyler Perry received a humanitarian gong for his charity work and Dwayne Johnson gave Kevin Hart the middle finger during his acceptance speech.
Octavia Spencer Named 2017 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year
The 'Hidden Figures' actress will be roasted by the Harvard student theatrical group Jan. 26.
Publicists Guild Nominations Revealed
The awards will be handed out Feb. 24.
- Grammys: John Legend, Metallica, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban to Perform
- Oscars Producer Welcomes Meryl Streep-Like Political Speeches: "Spontaneity Helps These Shows"
- David Bowie, Rihanna, Little Mix Score Nominations for 2017 Brit Awards
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery Sets Partnerships With the Academy, Sundance Institute
- SAG Awards: Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton to Present Lily Tomlin With Life Achievement Honor
- Thelma Schoonmaker, Janet Ashikaga to Get ACE Career Achievement Honors
- Xavier Dolan's 'It's Only the End of the World' Leads Canadian Screen Award Film Nominations
- Feinberg Forecast: Oscar Standings During a Week of Purgatory
What's New to Do in Park City During the Sundance Film Festival
From pop-up bars to priceless art, a handful of new, original attractions, experiences and events are debuting in Park City just in time for the Sundance Film Festival. Here’s a rundown of what to expect for this year’s festivities.
- Ivanka Trump Announces Arrival in D.C. in the Style of a Fashion Advertisement
- Tiffany Trump Working With a Celebrity Stylist on Inaugural Outfits (Exclusive)
- Melania Trump Goes With a New York Designer for First Inaugural Outfit
- Shop Talk: Elizabeth and James Support Women's March; Planet Blue Wants You to Relax
Spot the Resemblance Between Dolce & Gabbana Models and Their Famous Family Members
8 Menswear Must-Haves to Channel Robert Redford's Sundance Style
No Biz, Like Faux Biz
About Last Night: Janelle Monae's Tuxedo Dress; Jessica Biel's Look of Love
About Last Night: Elle Fanning's Simple Ivory Stunner; Sienna Miller Sparkles in Gucci
The Best-Dressed Dudes at the Golden Globes
See All the Golden Globes After-Party Looks
#CoupleGoals: The Cutest Pairs on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
Chrisette Michele Pens Open Letter Following News of Inauguration Performance: "I Am Here, Representing You"
The R&B singer wrote on her blog that she's "willing to be a bridge" for the country.
Angie Martinez to Develop TV Projects With Endemol Shine
Kanye West Not Invited to Perform at Trump Inauguration
Fifth Harmony Make Debut as a Quartet at the People's Choice Awards
Quincy Jones' Royalties Dispute With Michael Jackson Estate Inches Toward Trial
Azealia Banks Says She "Would Love" to Perform at Donald Trump's Inauguration
Kesha Opens Up About the Effects of Dr. Luke Lawsuit in Emotional Interview
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
'Jitney': Theater Review
Actor-turned-director Ruben Santiago-Hudson's natural feel for the plays of August Wilson yields a superb production of this final work in the late dramatist's landmark 10-part cycle to make it to Broadway.
'The Tempest': Theater Review
Director Phyllida Lloyd's trilogy, reimagining Shakespeare's classics as the performances of female prison inmates, concludes with 'The Tempest.'
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
'The Present': Theater Review
Richard Roxburgh plays a philandering schoolteacher and Cate Blanchett the love that slipped through his fingers in Andrew Upton's post-perestroika update of Chekhov's first play, which comes to Broadway from Sydney Theatre Company.
Mark Ruffalo Steps Into Broadway's 'The Price'
The Oscar-nominated actor will join the cast of Roundabout Theatre Company's Arthur Miller revival, replacing John Turturro, who has bowed out due to his filming schedule.
- Broadway Celebrates New Year With Record Weekly Grosses
- 'Mean Girls' Musical on Track for Fall 2017 World Premiere
- Madonna on Trump: "We Have Gone As Low As We Can Go"
Snapchat Snaps Back at Ex-Employee's Lawsuit
"Make no mistake: This late-breaking bid for a judicial, and public, forum to air his sensationalist allegations is all about publicity."
Twitter Transition to Begin Friday as Obama Hands @POTUS Account to Trump
All of President Obama's tweets will be archived at @POTUS44.
Sundance: Jaunt Unveils Virtual Reality Slate Featuring 'The Lawnmower Man' Adaptation, Tye Sheridan Sci-Fi Series
The slate also includes action-thriller 'Luna' from Adam Cooper and Bill Collage, and stoner comedy 'Bad Trip.'
Sofia Vergara Teams With TV Veteran For Digital Venture Raze
The company will debut a mobile platform for Latin-centric stories later this year.
- YouTube Strikes Development Deals With Creators Following Sundance Program (Exclusive)
- Vine Stars Pay One Last Tribute as Twitter Shuts Down Video App
- New Form Releases New Batch of Scripted Pilots (Exclusive)