Derek Jeter, The Aspiring Media Mogul (Who Dislikes Media), Reveals Next Big Swing
"I don’t miss playing,” he says, as the press-shy former Yankee leads new website The Players’ Tribune, where David Ortiz and Tiger Woods break news (sorry ESPN) and his big-name backers are betting on a media home run.
Ghost of Amy Pascal Haunts Sony's Sad Summer
The lackluster opening for 'Pixels' highlights the ousted exec's weak slate ('Chappie,' 'Aloha'), as Sony slips to last place in major studio market share. Now, successor Tom Rothman will be challenged as he bets on Meryl Streep and Robert Zemeckis.
Summer TCA: Big, Imaginary Questions for the Major Network Chiefs
With the Television Critics Association's semiannual gathering underway, THR imagines the tough, impending questions (Colbert, Shonda, 'Empire,' Neil Patrick Harris) that can feel like they're coming from a firing squad.
Venice Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 72nd Edition
Kristen Stewart, Michael Keaton, Eddie Redmayne, Tilda Swinton, Ralph Fiennes and Dakota Johnson are among the stars in movies coming to the world’s oldest major film festival.
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR’s Daily Headlines.
Box Office: 'Vacation' Hits the Road With $1.2 Million Tuesday Night
The New Line Comedy gets an head start on 'Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation' by opening Wednesday.
- WWE Studios Takes Worldwide Rights to Faith-Based 'Resurrection of Gavin Stone'
- Venice Festival: Dakota Johnson, Matthias Schoenaerts to Pull Double Duty
- First Look: Jamie Dornan, Cillian Murphy in WWII Thriller ‘Anthropoid’
- Toronto: Jake Gyllenhaal and Naomi Watts' 'Demolition' to Open 2015 Festival
- From 'Hobbit' to 'Captain America': Martin Freeman Talks About Franchise Roles
- Antonio Banderas Keeps Chilean Miners' Hopes High in 'The 33' Trailer
- Watch Simon Pegg Play a Drunk Ron Weasley for Harry Potter's Birthday
- Oscar Strategist Moves: New N.Y. Firm, L.A. Consultant Hire (Exclusive)
- Man Rants Against Bald Villains, Says Hollywood Is Discriminating
- Box Office Preview: 'Vacation' Gets a Jump on 'Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation'
Tig Notaro to Star in Amazon Comedy From Louis C.K., Diablo Cody (Exclusive)
Syfy Gives Straight-to-Series Order to Grindhouse Drama 'Blood Drive'
'Longmire' Team Talks Netflix Resurrection: "There Was So Much at Stake"
Chelsea Handler on Move to Netflix: "I Had To Get My Brain Working Again"
'Chicago Fire' Promotes Dora Madison to Series Regular for Season 4
Patriots Owner Slams NFL: "This Was Never About Doing What Was Fair and Just"
THR's Guide to SummerView All
Summer Concert Tours: Who's Hot, Who's Not (Hint: Taylor Swift Is Unstoppable)
Summer Dining: 11 Hot New L.A. Restaurants
2015 Summer Movie Guide: Sequels... Comedy... Action!
Summer Album Guide: Tame Impala, Pitbull, Bea Miller Highlight July Releases
Summer's 23 Most Intriguing Indie Films
New Movies, TV on Amazon in July: 'The Skeleton Twins,' 'Dr. Strangelove,' 'Extant' and More
Sundance Movies Hitting Theaters This Summer: 'Dope,' 'The End of the Tour' and More
20 Pop Songs For Every Summer Playlist
Summer TV's 15 Most Anticipated Shows
Movies Under the Stars: Summer Outdoor Screenings in L.A.
Summer Box Office Champs: From Sharks to Shrek to Superheroes
Movies Under the Stars: Summer Outdoor Screenings in NYC
Gerard Depardieu Banned from Entering Ukraine
Starz Quarterly Earnings Miss Estimates, Subs Rise Over Year-Ago Period
Sky Full-Year Earnings, Subscribers Rise
Hollywood Law Hires: Latham & Watkins' Entertainment Group Grows With Rival Litigator
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Producer Mark Gordon Set for MIPCOM Keynote
- Bill Cosby's Lawyers Appeal Decision to Unseal 2005 Deposition
- Georgia to Launch Film Tax Rebate
Emmy's 8:30 AM Wake-Up Call a Success, But Will Oscar Follow?
Bucking tradition, the TV Academy moved a later start-time for its nominations announcement, but the Motion Picture Academy won't necessarily follow suit.
Emmy Nominees Decoded: Fun Facts and Crazy Stats
Netflix is gaining on broadcast — but cable (i.e., HBO) still dominates.
Tim Goodman on Emmy Nomination Process: Take the Final Step to Fix It
A year after proposing changes, it's clear they weren't major enough to fix pointless snubbing.
'Empire's' Taraji P. Henson Reveals Why She Hid Her Phone on Emmy Nominations Day (Video)
The actress, who is nominated for best lead actress in a drama, also shares who gave her the good news.
- Taraji P. Henson on Emmy Nomination: "I Love the Craft of Acting, and I Have to Stay Focused on That. But I Am Grateful."
- Emmy Nominations: 'House of Cards,' 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'Tyrant' and More Composers React
- Emmy Crafts: Repeat Performances For 'Game of Thrones,' 'Deadliest Catch?'
- Inside the Emmy Nominations: New Rules "Will Stick," Academy Chairman Says
- Emmy Nominations: TV Academy Is Getting Its Act Together (Analysis)
- 'Empire' Co-Creator Lee Daniels Responds to Emmys Snub
- 'Homeland' Creator Talks Emmy Return, Season 5 and Eventually Filming in the U.S. Again
- Emmys Inch Toward Diversity With Noms for Black Actresses
This Week’s Issue
Jeter's Next Big Swing
"I don't miss playings," says the retired Yankee, as the press-shy captain leads website The Players' Tribune, where DeAndre Jordan and Tiger Woods break news (sorry, ESPN) and backers are betting on a media home run
- The 10 Most Powerful Voices in Sports Media: Simmons, Barkley and More
- Ghost of Amy Pascal Haunts Sony's Sad Summer
- Summer TCA: Big, Imaginary Questions for the Major Network Chiefs
- Adam Sandler: Netflix Defends Its Damaged Goods
- Metal Detectors At Movie Theaters? Not Likely
Decked Out: Juliette Lewis' Rock 'n' Roll Superhero Vibes
As she readies to go on tour for the first time in six years with her band, The Licks, the singer and 'Jem and The Holograms' star shares the secrets to her effortless style, on stage and off.
Taraji P. Henson, Viola Davis and Drama Actress A-List Tackle Race, Sexism, Aging in Hollywood
Lena Dunham, Amy Schumer and Comedy Actress A-List in Raunchy, R-Rated Roundtable
Ricky Gervais, Jordan Peele and TV's Funniest Actors on Failed Fart Skits, Louis C.K. Worship and When to Play the Race Card
Chart: Hot 100
Can't Feel My Face
Taylor Swift Featuring Kendrick Lamar
James Bond: Who Will Sing the 'Spectre' Theme?
Sam Smith is still the bookies' favorite, but others are also seen as having good chances to follow in Adele's Oscar-winning footsteps.
Dr. Dre, Ice Cube Break Silence on N.W.A Movie, Suge Knight's Murder Charge and a Reunion Tour (With Eminem)
'Star Wars': Michael Jackson Wanted to Play Jar Jar Binks, Says Ahmed Best
Macy Gray's New Song "B.O.B" Is About Her Vibrator
BMG, BroadbandTV Launch Joint Venture to Promote Music Artists on YouTube
SiriusXM Raises Subscriber Guidance, Touts Music Industry Relationships
Bobbi Kristina Brown's 5 Most Memorable On-Camera Moments
'Hamilton': Lin-Manuel Miranda Repeatedly Rewards Lottery Hopefuls With Unique Pre-Shows
The creator and star of Broadway’s buzziest musical innovates again with brief, daily performances like 'Les Miserables' Q&As and Beyonce ukulele covers.
'Kafka on the Shore': Theater Review
The Lincoln Center Festival presents the Ninagawa Company's lavish theatrical adaptation of Haruki Murakami's acclaimed novel.
'The Absolute Brightness of Leonard Pelkey': Theater Review
This solo play written and performed by the co-founder of The Trevor Project relates the tale of a flamboyant teenager who goes missing.
'American Psycho' Musical Headed to Broadway
The show, based on the Bret Easton Ellis novel, which previously ran in London, will start previews in February with Benjamin Walker playing Patrick Bateman.
'Colin Quinn: The New York Story': Theater Review
Colin Quinn delivers comedic riffs on the history of the Big Apple in his new solo show directed by Jerry Seinfeld.
Hollywood's 100 Favorite Films
Amazon's Hollywood Shopping Cart Secrets
A big checkbook, bigger buzz for 'Transparent' and now a push into movies as Jeff Bezos and studio chief Roy Price talk to THR about attracting Woody Allen, Ridley Scott and deep industry curiosity about its un-Hollywood way of doing business. "They don't want anything anybody else has," 'Transparent' creator Jill Soloway says. "They want stuff that really f--s up the status quo."
Amazon's Jeff Bezos on Hollywood Strategy: "When People Join Prime, ... They Buy More Shoes"
In a wide-ranging interview about his vision for Amazon Studios, the company's founder and CEO — who sits in on greenlight meetings for his upstart content division — reveals his plan to turn the $200 billion retail company into an industry player and his hands-off approach to content creators like 'Transparent's' Jill Soloway: "How in the world could I possibly help Jill? I can help Jill by leaving her alone."
Nokia Enters Virtual Reality Business, Debuts 360-Degree Camera for Professionals
YouTube Fans Look Beyond Hollywood-ization of VidCon
- New York Magazine's Website Goes Dark After Posting Story on Bill Cosby Accusers
- Germany's ProSiebenSat.1 Boosts Actors' SVOD Residuals
- Natasha Lyonne: Embattled Gossip Site Gawker Is a "Real Bore Galore"