Weekend Box Office: Ron Howard's 'Inferno' Earns $800K Thursday Night
Tom Hanks stars opposite Felicity Jones in the third installment in 'The Da Vinci Code' franchise, based on Dan Brown's bestselling book series.
Marti Noxon's 'Dietland' Adaptation Lands at AMC With Eye Toward Series Order
The Skydance TV take on Sarai Walker's novel was the subject of a multiple-network bidding war.
TV Ratings: 'Great Indoors' Solid in Post-'Bang' Thursday Debut
Without any baseball, several scripted offerings climb.
'Deadpool 2' Eyes 'John Wick' Filmmaker David Leitch as Director
Leitch met with star Ryan Reynolds on Thursday, according to sources.
- Paramount Fined in Chinese 'Transformers 4' Dispute
- Casting Exec Sues E! for Wrongful Termination Following Breast Cancer Treatment
- 'Bye Bye Birdie,' Starring Jennifer Lopez, Set as NBC's 2017 Live Holiday Musical
- Bill Murray to Sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at World Series Game 3
- Paramount's Brad Grey Says the Studio Has Begun Its "Next Chapter" as He Previews 'Silence', 'Ghost in the Shell'
- CNN's Van Jones on Bill Maher, Prince and That On-Air KKK Debate
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Makoto Shinkai on His Anime Hit 'Your Name,' Being Called the "New Hayao Miyazaki" (Q&A)
His latest film has topped the Japanese box office since it was released at the end of August and brought in more than $160 million, becoming the fifth-highest grossing Japanese film of all time.
- 'Mummy' Actor Marwan Kenzari Joins Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express' (Exclusive)
- Tribeca, Chanel Women's Filmmaker Workshop Funds Its Winning Short Film
- First Look: John Turturro Bowls Again in 'Big Lebowski' Spinoff 'Going Places'
- New Thor Costume Revealed as Chris Hemsworth Joins 'Justice League' Environmental Fight
- Oscar-Nominated Russian Producer Boards Serbian Art-House Project
- 'The Uncondemned': Film Review
- Nate Parker Accused of Indecent Exposure in Unearthed College Record
- Michael Moore Shares 'TrumpLand' Clips to Stop Its Pro-Trump Perception
- UTA Signs 'The Night Of' Actress Amara Karan (Exclusive)
- Pussy Riot Releases Anti-Trump Music Video 'Make America Great Again'
'Walking Dead': What to Expect From King Ezekiel and the Kingdom
European TV Enjoys 'Halcyon' Days as Homegrown Shows Push U.S. Series Out of Primetime
Simon Cowell, Diablo Cody, 'Glee' Co-Creator Team for Synchronized Swimming Fox Comedy
Viola Davis Sells Racially Themed 1960s Family Music Comedy to ABC
'Fargo' Adds Jim Gaffigan to Season 3 Cast
'Heathers' Reboot at TV Land Casts Its Three Heathers
Raven-Symone Exiting 'The View' as Disney Eyes 'That's So Raven' Reboot
Bryan Fuller Out as 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner
'Great British Bake Off' Ends BBC Run With Its Highest Ratings Ever
'Mad Men' Creator Matthew Weiner Sets TV Return With Amazon Anthology
'Waco' Miniseries Starring Taylor Kitsch Lands at Spike TV
'Walking Dead' Star Jeffrey Dean Morgan Doesn't See Negan as a Villain
This Week’s Issue
Love in Black & White
"Fifty years is not that long ago — not for this shit to be going down," says Joel Edgerton of 'Loving,' a real-life drama about an outlawed marriage with sudden relevance in today's racially charged election
- How Interracial Romance 'Loving' Became the Most Relevant Movie This Election Season
- NBC's New 'Apprentice' Star Arnold Schwarzenegger Arrives With Trump-Like Baggage
- Michael Wolff on Billy Bush and How the Media Wrung Trump Dry Before Toppling Him
- Warren Beatty's New Movie Has 16 Credited Producers: "It's Deplorable"
- How the Chicago Cubs Could Boost World Series Ratings (and Give Fox a $30M Advertising Windfall)
Viacom to Name Bob Bakish Interim CEO (Report)
The head of the company's international networks is in line to take over from Tom Dooley, who followed Philippe Dauman, at a time when Viacom and CBS are studying a recombination.
Twitter Quarterly Earnings Exceed Estimates, Company to Lay Off 9 Percent of Workforce
CEO Jack Dorsey remains mum on recent takeover speculation.
U.K. High Court Orders ISPs to Block 13 Additional Film, TV Sites
"This legal process is a well-established, legitimate and proportionate response to illegal web sites that make creative content available without permission from rights holders," says the MPA.
Gunther Schiff, Longtime Entertainment Attorney, Dies at 89
A partner in several firms, he represented producers in collective bargaining with the Writers Guild and the Screen Actors Guild during his career.
- Hillary Clinton "Mentor" Saul Alinsky Explored in Two New Films
- Harry Sloan and Jeff Sagansky in Talks to Acquire Playboy
- SiriusXM Grows Subscribers, Earnings in Third Quarter
Australian Academy Awards: Mel Gibson's 'Hacksaw Ridge' Leads With 13 Nominations
The star’s return to directing also nabbed noms for the pic's Andrew Garfield and Teresa Palmer, while Aussie Oscar hopeful 'Tanna' scored three mentions.
MoMA, Hammer Museum Contenders Series to Include Screenings of 'Arrival,' 'Loving,' 'Nocturnal Animals' (Exclusive)
THR is the official media sponsor of the series, which features awards hopefuls and post-screening discussions with filmmakers and actors.
Peabody Adds 4 to Advisory Board
Kevin Reilly, Hulu's Craig Erwich, Sony Pictures Television's Zack Van Amburg and DDB North America CEO Wendy Clark Wendy Clark have joined the board.
Gotham Awards, NYC Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment to Honor Aziz Ansari, Judith Light
NYC film commissioner Julie Menin and deputy mayor Alicia Glen will receive an appreciation award at the event, honoring the best in independent film and media.
- Natalie Portman to Get Hollywood Actress Award for 'Jackie'
- Shania Twain to Receive Icon Award, Halsey Named Rising Star at Billboard Women in Music 2016
- PGA to Honor Tom Rothman With Milestone Award
- Film Academy Dedicates Nicholl Fellowships Event to Anton Yelchin
Shop Talk: Maria Cornejo's In-Store Appearance; Libertine's Sample Sale
Your handy guide to the L.A. shopping scene for the week ahead.
About Last Night: Jon Hamm Rocks Tom Ford; Naomi Campbell Steps Out in All-White Gown
6 Designers Kim Kardashian Has Helped To Gain Exposure
15 Power Pantsuits That Ruled the Red Carpet
#ImWithHer on the Runway
Tilda Swinton's Wacky and Wonderful Press Wardrobe for 'Doctor Strange'
All The Stars at the Obamas' Final State Dinner at the White House
A Look at Naomie Harris' 'Moonlight' Press Wardrobe
Every Time Michelle Obama Slayed at a White House State Dinner
Killer Mike Put Hillary Clinton's Hacked Emails on T-Shirts
"I guess Killer Mike didn't get the message."
'Hacksaw Ridge' Composer Rupert Gregson-Williams Reveals What It's Like Working With Mel Gibson
10 of Vine's Most Memorable Viral Sensations
Dance Music Doc 'What We Started' Chronicles the Rise of a Genre
American Music Awards: James Bay, Fifth Harmony Added as Performers
Justin Timberlake on His Illegal Voting-Booth Selfie: "I Had No Idea"
Sevyn Streeter Says 76ers Canceled Her National Anthem Performance Due to 'We Matter' Shirt
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
twenty one pilots
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
Lucas Hedges to Star in Off-Broadway Play 'Yen' (Exclusive)
Trip Cullman will direct the 'Manchester by the Sea' actor, making his stage debut in the MCC Theater production.
Paula Vogel's Historical Play 'Indecent' Bound for Broadway
The new play with music centers on Yiddish playwright Sholem Asch's controversial 'God of Vengeance', which was shut down by police after a single performance in 1923.
Glenn Close to Reprise 'Sunset Boulevard' on Broadway
The actress returns to the role that won her a Tony Award 21 years ago, in a production first seen earlier this year at the English National Opera in London.
Yuengling Beer Owner Backs Trump, Gets Boycotted
Owner Dick Yuengling reportedly faced harsh backlash from the local community after he told Eric Trump he supported his father's campaign.
George Lucas Unveils Designs for Los Angeles-Based Museum of Narrative Art
The proposed site in Los Angeles runs along a narrow strip of land parallel to Vermont Avenue in Exposition Park.
- Mike Pence Not Injured, "Grateful" After Plane Slides Off Runway at LaGuardia Airport
- Donald Trump Jokes He Should Be Declared the Winner Now: "We Should Just Cancel the Election"
- Mel Haber, Owner of a Legendary Celebrity Hotspot in Palm Springs, Dies at 80
Amazon Stock Drops on Earnings Miss, YouTube Contributes to Google Growth
YouTube's live streams of the presidential debates were the most-viewed political streams ever on the platform.
Apple Unveils New TV App
The new Apple TV app combines shows and movies from multiple apps in one place.
Twitter Is Shutting Down Its Vine Video App
The three-year-old app became popular for its six-second video clips and gave rise to an entire new class of online stars.
Amblin Options Debut Novel From Social Media Star Zach King (Exclusive)
HarperCollins Children's Books has also acquired 'My Magical Life' as a three-book series.
- Snap Interactive Wants Judge to Bar Snapchat From Changing Its Name to Snap Inc.
- Tim Cook Says Apple Is "Open to Acquisitions of Any Size"
- Content Industry Gets Favored Interpretation of "Repeat Infringers" in MP3Tunes Appeal