'Rambo' Reboot in the Works With 'Criminal' Director (Exclusive)
'Rambo: New Blood' is the title of the project and would not star Sylvester Stallone.
Weekend Box Office: Ron Howard's 'Inferno' Earns $800K Thursday Night
Tom Hanks stars opposite Felicity Jones in the third installment in 'The Da Vinci Code' franchise, based on Dan Brown's bestselling book series.
Nahnatchka Khan Teams With 'Son of Zorn' Boss for Fox Comedy (Exclusive)
The workplace comedy has landed at the network with a significant penalty attached.
Marti Noxon's 'Dietland' Adaptation Lands at AMC With Eye Toward Series Order
The Skydance TV take on Sarai Walker's novel was the subject of a multiple-network bidding war.
- 'Good Girls Revolt': TV Review
- TV Ratings: 'Great Indoors' Solid in Post-'Bang' Thursday Debut
- 'Deadpool 2' Eyes 'John Wick' Filmmaker David Leitch as Director
- Paramount Fined in Chinese 'Transformers 4' Dispute
- Casting Exec Sues E! for Wrongful Termination Following Breast Cancer Treatment
- 'Bye Bye Birdie,' Starring Jennifer Lopez, Set as NBC's 2017 Live Holiday Musical
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Makoto Shinkai on His Anime Hit 'Your Name,' Being Called the "New Hayao Miyazaki" (Q&A)
His latest film has topped the Japanese box office since it was released at the end of August and brought in more than $160 million, becoming the fifth-highest grossing Japanese film of all time.
- 'A Billion Lives': Film Review
- 'Justice League Dark' Director Promises It Will "Turn The Comic Book Genre on Its Head"
- Casey Affleck Reteams With David Lowery for Crime Drama 'The Old Man and the Gun'
- 'Portrait of a Garden': Film Review
- Tribeca, Chanel Women's Filmmaker Workshop Funds Its Winning Short Film
- First Look: John Turturro Bowls Again in 'Big Lebowski' Spinoff 'Going Places'
'Walking Dead': What to Expect From King Ezekiel and the Kingdom
European TV Enjoys 'Halcyon' Days as Homegrown Shows Push U.S. Series Out of Primetime
Simon Cowell, Diablo Cody, 'Glee' Co-Creator Team for Synchronized Swimming Fox Comedy
Viola Davis Sells Racially Themed 1960s Family Music Comedy to ABC
'Fargo' Adds Jim Gaffigan to Season 3 Cast
'Heathers' Reboot at TV Land Casts Its Three Heathers
Raven-Symone Exiting 'The View' as Disney Eyes 'That's So Raven' Reboot
Bryan Fuller Out as 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner
'Great British Bake Off' Ends BBC Run With Its Highest Ratings Ever
'Mad Men' Creator Matthew Weiner Sets TV Return With Amazon Anthology
'Waco' Miniseries Starring Taylor Kitsch Lands at Spike TV
'Walking Dead' Star Jeffrey Dean Morgan Doesn't See Negan as a Villain
This Week’s Issue
Love in Black & White
"Fifty years is not that long ago — not for this shit to be going down," says Joel Edgerton of 'Loving,' a real-life drama about an outlawed marriage with sudden relevance in today's racially charged election
- How Interracial Romance 'Loving' Became the Most Relevant Movie This Election Season
- NBC's New 'Apprentice' Star Arnold Schwarzenegger Arrives With Trump-Like Baggage
- Michael Wolff on Billy Bush and How the Media Wrung Trump Dry Before Toppling Him
- Warren Beatty's New Movie Has 16 Credited Producers: "It's Deplorable"
- How the Chicago Cubs Could Boost World Series Ratings (and Give Fox a $30M Advertising Windfall)
Viacom to Name Bob Bakish Interim CEO (Report)
The head of the company's international networks is in line to take over from Tom Dooley, who followed Philippe Dauman, at a time when Viacom and CBS are studying a recombination.
Twitter Quarterly Earnings Exceed Estimates, Company to Lay Off 9 Percent of Workforce
CEO Jack Dorsey remains mum on recent takeover speculation.
U.K. High Court Orders ISPs to Block 13 Additional Film, TV Sites
"This legal process is a well-established, legitimate and proportionate response to illegal web sites that make creative content available without permission from rights holders," says the MPA.
Gunther Schiff, Longtime Entertainment Attorney, Dies at 89
A partner in several firms, he represented producers in collective bargaining with the Writers Guild and the Screen Actors Guild during his career.
- Fox Film PR Chief Chris Petrikin to Exit
- Hillary Clinton "Mentor" Saul Alinsky Explored in Two New Films
- Harry Sloan and Jeff Sagansky in Talks to Acquire Playboy
Australian Academy Awards: Mel Gibson's 'Hacksaw Ridge' Leads With 13 Nominations
The star’s return to directing also nabbed noms for the pic's Andrew Garfield and Teresa Palmer, while Aussie Oscar hopeful 'Tanna' scored three mentions.
Bellamy Young to Host Hamilton Behind the Camera Awards
Mel Gibson, Denzel Washington, Matthew McConaughey, John Legend, Darren Aronofsky and Dev Patel will present.
Justin Timberlake to Get Hollywood Film Awards' Song Honor
He will be recognized for "Can't Stop the Feeling!" from 'Trolls.'
MoMA, Hammer Museum Contenders Series to Include Screenings of 'Arrival,' 'Loving,' 'Nocturnal Animals' (Exclusive)
THR is the official media sponsor of the series, which features awards hopefuls and post-screening discussions with filmmakers and actors.
- Oscars: Documentary Short Subject Contenders Unveiled
- Billboard Touring Awards: Beyonce, Bruce Springsteen and Coldplay Lead Finalists
- Natalie Portman to Get Hollywood Actress Award for 'Jackie'
- Shania Twain to Receive Icon Award, Halsey Named Rising Star at Billboard Women in Music 2016
Shop Talk: Maria Cornejo's In-Store Appearance; Libertine's Sample Sale
Your handy guide to the L.A. shopping scene for the week ahead.
See All the Stars at the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Show
About Last Night: Jon Hamm Rocks Tom Ford; Naomi Campbell Steps Out in All-White Gown
6 Designers Kim Kardashian Has Helped To Gain Exposure
15 Power Pantsuits That Ruled the Red Carpet
#ImWithHer on the Runway
Tilda Swinton's Wacky and Wonderful Press Wardrobe for 'Doctor Strange'
All The Stars at the Obamas' Final State Dinner at the White House
A Look at Naomie Harris' 'Moonlight' Press Wardrobe
Philadelphia 76ers Apologize for Canceling National Anthem Performance From Singer Wearing "We Matter" Shirt
The NBA team has reached out to R&B singer Sevyn Streeter and offered her the chance to return and perform at a game of her choice.
Mayor Declares "Paisley Park Day" as Prince Museum Reopens
Killer Mike Put Hillary Clinton's Hacked Emails on T-Shirts
'Hacksaw Ridge' Composer Rupert Gregson-Williams Reveals What It's Like Working With Mel Gibson
10 of Vine's Most Memorable Viral Sensations
Dance Music Doc 'What We Started' Chronicles the Rise of a Genre
American Music Awards: James Bay, Fifth Harmony Added as Performers
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
twenty one pilots
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
'Falsettos': Theater Review
Christian Borle, Stephanie J. Block and Andrew Rannells star as a New York neurotic, his ex-wife and his lover in this musical by William Finn and James Lapine, which redefines the term "tight-knit family."
Lucas Hedges to Star in Off-Broadway Play 'Yen' (Exclusive)
Trip Cullman will direct the 'Manchester by the Sea' actor, making his stage debut in the MCC Theater production.
Paula Vogel's Historical Play 'Indecent' Bound for Broadway
The new play with music centers on Yiddish playwright Sholem Asch's controversial 'God of Vengeance', which was shut down by police after a single performance in 1923.
Glenn Close to Reprise 'Sunset Boulevard' on Broadway
The actress returns to the role that won her a Tony Award 21 years ago, in a production first seen earlier this year at the English National Opera in London.
Jeffrey Katzenberg Takes Aim at Trump at amfAR Gala: "Demagogues Have Had Their Day"
The DreamWorks New Media chairman said: "Day after day, we are being subjected to the hateful speech of a man who is actually trying to turn the clock back. He's trying to take us back to darkness. We must not let this happen."
- Yuengling Beer Owner Backs Trump, Gets Boycotted
- Donald Trump Suggests He Might Sue NBC Over 'Access Hollywood' Recording
- George Lucas Unveils Designs for Los Angeles-Based Museum of Narrative Art
Amazon Stock Drops on Earnings Miss, YouTube Contributes to Google Growth
YouTube's live streams of the presidential debates were the most-viewed political streams ever on the platform.
Apple Unveils New TV App
The new Apple TV app combines shows and movies from multiple apps in one place.
Twitter Is Shutting Down Its Vine Video App
The three-year-old app became popular for its six-second video clips and gave rise to an entire new class of online stars.
Amblin Options Debut Novel From Social Media Star Zach King (Exclusive)
HarperCollins Children's Books has also acquired 'My Magical Life' as a three-book series.
- Snap Interactive Wants Judge to Bar Snapchat From Changing Its Name to Snap Inc.
- Tim Cook Says Apple Is "Open to Acquisitions of Any Size"
- Content Industry Gets Favored Interpretation of "Repeat Infringers" in MP3Tunes Appeal