'White Men Can't Jump' Remake in the Works From 'Black-ish' Creator (Exclusive)
Kenya Barris is teaming up with athletes-turned-producers Blake Griffin and Ryan Kalil for a new version of the 1992 sports comedy.
Chelsea Handler on Why She'll Lead the Sundance March Against "Our Predator-in-Chief" (Guest Column)
The late-night host and activist, who will lead the Jan. 21 protest during the festival, writes for THR about stopping the "right-wing political assault" on the Affordable Care Act and Planned Parenthood.
'Riverdale': TV Review
With a murder mystery and all manner of tawdry darkness, The CW's latest comic book adaptation isn't your father's take on Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead and the gang.
Feinberg Forecast: Oscar Standings During a Week of Purgatory
Oscar nomination voting ended Friday, but the noms won't be revealed until Jan. 24. In the meantime, THR's awards analyst offers his best guess of where things stand, factoring in the BAFTA, Directors Guild, Costume Designers Guild, Makeup and Hair Stylists Guild and American Society of Cinematographers noms, the LA Film Critics Association awards ceremony and the Palm Springs Film Fest.
- TV Ratings: Monday Series Pop, With 'Bachelor' and 'Kevin Can Wait' Out Front
- Bill O'Reilly to Interview Donald Trump on Super Bowl Sunday
- A+E Networks President Nancy Dubuc Discusses Canned KKK Series, Says Scientology Is Harassing Her Over Leah Remini Show
- Reality Producers Favor A+E Nets, Prefer Not to Pitch CMT
- Joel McHale on What He'll Miss About Obama and Why He Hates Valentine's Day
- Tim Rushlow, Trump Inaugural Concert Performer, Is Good at "Keeping It Neutral" (Q&A)
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Deal (Or No Deal) 2017
Shari Redstone puts the brakes on Viacom-CBS, AT&T awaits The Donald, Lionsgate and Starz say "I do": inside the wild scramble from Hollywood to Silicon Valley for size (and smarts) as the stakes get higher and the signposts blurrier. Says one banker, "It's going to be a rambunctious M&A market."
- Michael Wolff on Shari Redstone: Yes, She Does Have a Plan for Viacom
- Hollywood's Merger Mania: Inside the Studios' "Size Anxiety," Scramble to Match Silicon Valley
- A Dead Kangaroo, a Bleeding Pig: Hollywood's Top Animal Training Firm Hit With PETA Abuse Claims (Exclusive)
- Megyn Kelly, Greta Van Susteren Moves Force Fox News to Go Trumpier
- Martha MacCallum Steps Up as Fox News' (Only) Female Primetime News Anchor
'The Warrior’s Gate': Film Review
Writer-producer Luc Besson and EuropaCorp teams up with Shanghai-based Fundamental for the fantasy adventure 'The Warrior’s Gate.'
- India Box Office: 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' Revs Up Ahead of Expanded Release
- Berlin: German Lesbian Filmmaker Monika Treut to Get Teddy Award
- See Margot Robbie's Tonya Harding Transformation for 'I, Tonya'
- Xavier Dolan's 'It's Only the End of the World' Leads Canadian Screen Award Film Nominations
- Shorty Awards Nominees Include Ryan Reynolds, Kristen Bell, Leslie Jones (Exclusive)
- The 'Clowntergeist' Trailer Is as Creepy as It Sounds (Exclusive)
'Is O.J. Innocent? The Missing Evidence': Experts Dig Into O.J. Simpson Son Theory
'The Young Pope' Creator on Parallels to Donald Trump — and All Those Memes
Confirmed With Chicken: Gus Fring Is Coming to 'Better Call Saul'
'Sherlock' Ends Season 4 With U.K. Ratings Low, BBC Investigating Leak of Russian Version
AMC and BBC Reteam for John le Carre 'The Spy Who Came in From the Cold' Limited Series
It's Official: 'Portlandia' Renewed for Eighth and Final Season
Dakota Fanning to Star in TNT Drama Series 'The Alienist'
Louis C.K., Albert Brooks Animated Comedy Moves From FX to TBS With Series Order
'Big Little Lies' an Important Step for Women, Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman Say
Alec Baldwin Returns as Trump in 'SNL' Cold Open to Talk "Golden Showers," "Fake News"
AMC Greenlights James Cameron Docuseries About the Evolution of Sci-Fi
TNT's 'Good Behavior' Scores Season 2 Renewal
Univision, Mexico's Televisa Unify Content Development, Production Under Isaac Lee
As chief content officer, he will continue to report to Univision president and CEO Randy Falco and now also to Televisa president Emilio Azcarraga Jean.
Matt Damon on How Beer-Drinking Millennials Can Help Him Fight the Water Crisis
At the World Economic Forum in Davos, the star and Water.org co-founder discusses a cooperation with Stella Artois, but isn't sure "how receptive" studios would be to donate some of their proceeds from his movies.
Donald Trump Tweet Mistakes U.K. Woman for Daughter Ivanka
"I did during the election have a Twitter box encouraging people to vote for Hillary [Clinton]," Ivanka Majic tells a British breakfast TV show co-hosted by Piers Morgan.
WME-IMG Signs CrossFit
The fitness brand has an estimated 4 million-plus adherents worldwide.
- As Michael Lynton Exits, Will Sony Double Down on Hollywood or Sell?
- The EU Is History and NATO Is "Obsolete," Donald Trump Tells European Newspapers
- Tencent Partners on China Release of 'La La Land'
Robert De Niro Pens Letter to Meryl Streep Praising Golden Globes Speech: "It Needed to Be Said"
"I have so much respect for you that you did it while the world was celebrating your achievements," the actor wrote in the letter to his longtime friend and four-time co-star. "I share your sentiments about punks and bullies. Enough is enough."
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Vince Vaughn ('Hacksaw Ridge')
The fan favorite discusses breaking through in 'Swingers,' not being seen as funny until after 'Old School' and 'Dodgeball,' the intention of 'The Break-Up' ("I really designed it to go from comedy to drama"), his decade in the cold ("I didn't follow through") and his career-reboot in Mel Gibson's acclaimed war film.
LA Film Critics Association Awards: Big Night for 'Moonlight,' Other Indie Darlings
Supporting acting winners Mahershala Ali and Lily Gladstone gave emotional acceptance speeches, director winner Barry Jenkins spoke about the importance of "representation" and career achivement honoree Shirley MacLaine brought down the house with her remarks.
Palm Springs Film Fest: 'Toni Erdmann' Named Best Foreign-Language Film; 'When We Rise' Wins Audience Award
'When We Rise,' Gus Van Sant and Dustin Lance's Black's ABC miniseries about the gay rights movement, won the audience award for best narrative feature.
- Ryan Reynolds Shares 'Deadpool' "For Your Consideration" Video for Awards Season
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Viggo Mortensen ('Captain Fantastic')
- Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Director Roundtable With Mel Gibson, Denzel Washington and More
- 'Moonlight' Leads Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics' Dorian Award Nominations
Snowga? Flexologist? 6 New Hollywood Wellness Terms to Know
From snowshoeing-meets-yoga to professional muscle stretching, THR defines the words and phrases you'll be hearing more of in the new year.
About Last Night: Janelle Monae's Tuxedo Dress; Jessica Biel's Look of Love
About Last Night: Elle Fanning's Simple Ivory Stunner; Sienna Miller Sparkles in Gucci
The Best-Dressed Dudes at the Golden Globes
See All the Golden Globes After-Party Looks
#CoupleGoals: The Cutest Pairs on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
Golden Globes: The Best Behind-the-Scenes Moments on Instagram
Top 10 Golden Globes Jewelry
Golden Globes: The Worst Dressed
Golden Globes: The Best Dressed
Shakira Tells World Economic Forum: "I’d Be an Amazing Doctor"
Shakira also talks about her teacher and schoolmates not liking her voice, her love of Bollywood and the power of social media.
Meet The Reagan Years, the '80s Cover Band Rocking the Trump Inauguration
Springsteen Cover Band Pulls Out of Inaugural Event Following Criticism
Green Day Debuts New Anti-Trump Video Screed
Police: 5 Killed in Shooting at Mexico's Blue Parrot Nightclub During BPM Music Fest
Nick Cannon on Ex Mariah Carey's New Year's Eve Flub: "She Got a Little Flustered"
Why Jennifer Holliday Decided Against Performing at Trump's Inauguration (Q&A)
Chart: Hot 100
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
'The Present': Theater Review
Richard Roxburgh plays a philandering schoolteacher and Cate Blanchett the love that slipped through his fingers in Andrew Upton's post-perestroika update of Chekhov's first play, which comes to Broadway from Sydney Theatre Company.
Mark Ruffalo Steps Into Broadway's 'The Price'
The Oscar-nominated actor will join the cast of Roundabout Theatre Company's Arthur Miller revival, replacing John Turturro, who has bowed out due to his filming schedule.
Broadway Celebrates New Year With Record Weekly Grosses
'Hamilton,' 'Wicked' and 'The Lion King' all soared past $3 million, with a host of other $1 million-plus earners pushing the overall total close to $50 million for the history-making week.
'Mean Girls' Musical on Track for Fall 2017 World Premiere
Tina Fey is adapting her screenplay with composer husband Jeff Richmond and lyricist Nell Benjamin, while Tony winner Casey Nicholaw is attached to direct.
- Ivanka Trump Book Release Pushed Back to Accommodate "Momentous" Life Changes
- Legends of the Early L.A. Art Scene to Hold Rare Reunion
- Inside the Rock4EB! Fundraiser With Brad Pitt, Sting, Chatty Celebs and a Worthy Cause
New Form Releases New Batch of Scripted Pilots (Exclusive)
YouTube stars Arden Rose, Jonah Green and Alexa Losey all have projects as part of this latest incubator program.
ATTN: Launches Interview Series With George Takei, Gavin Newsom (Exclusive)
After building up its audience on Facebook, video producer ATTN: is expanding onto YouTube with 'Paying Attention.'
YouTube's Susanne Daniels on 'Gilmore Girls' Jealousy and Her Worst 'SNL' Experience
Twenty years after bringing 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' to The WB, Daniels — one of NATPE's 2017 Brandon Tartikoff Legacy Award recipients — talks to THR about working with Lorne Michaels, her new role and why she wanted to adapt 'Step Up.'
Donald Trump's Twitter Rant Against John Lewis Sparks 1.5M Mentions
Since the heated response surrounding Trump's tweets, ABC News reports that the president-elect has canceled his visit on Monday to the Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture due to "scheduling issues."
- President Obama Gives 360-Degree White House Tour During Final Days in Office
- Gunpowder & Sky Acquires Production Startup Supergravity Pictures
- Nat Geo WILD Orders Two Digital Series From Mashable (Exclusive)