The Tina Fey Interview, by David Letterman
THR's Sherry Lansing Leadership Award honoree confesses to a fellow late-night pioneer her fear of bombing onstage (his response: "It's like I have a twin") as two comedy greats talk Trump's feud with Alec Baldwin ("dignity of a seventh-grader"), the "endless anxiety" of parenting and why TV is "better than movies."
The Hollywood Reporter's 2016 Women in Entertainment Power 100
THR's annual roster of Hollywood's female heavy hitters adds 26 new names as the industry keeps churning — and the question of the glass ceiling suddenly comes roaring back.
Shari Redstone Named THR's Women in Entertainment Executive of the Year
The vice chair of both Viacom's and CBS' boards talks merger possibility ("It makes sense to look at") and her father's personal dramas: "I wish he had made different decisions."
Lucasfilm's Force: Kathleen Kennedy Reveals an Executive Team More Than 50 Percent Female
"When you have a balance of men and women, there are all sorts of things that enter into the discussion," says the president of the company behind the female-led 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' and upcoming 'Rogue One.'
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Creator Slams Amazon Over Cancellation: "They Run Some People Out"
- 'Office Christmas Party': Film Review
- Jeremy Renner, Don Handfield on More 'Avengers' and 'Bourne' Films, and Making a Movie About McDonald's
- Donald Trump Slams 'SNL' Over "Biased" Portrayal, Defends His Tweeting in 'Today' Interview
- Sundance to Help Facilitate Inauguration Demonstrations at Festival
- Geena Davis' Letter to Hollywood: Want a Female President? Put Them Onscreen First
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Interviews Denzel Washington and Viola Davis on Race, Family and 'Fences' in the Trump Era
Actress Roundtable: Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Taraji P. Henson and 4 More on Stage Fright, Onscreen Rape and How to Research Playing a Crack Addict
Megyn Kelly Gets Candid: "Dangerous" Roger Ailes, Her Trump Saga, That Offer and Why She Won't Call Herself a Feminist
'Bad Santa 2' Bombs: Broad Green's Shift to Mass-Appeal Fare Sees Early Signs of Trouble
The indie studio's decision to pivot from prestige offerings to wide-release films is in question as the Billy Bob Thornton starrer rakes in an underwhelming $14 million at the box office.
- Hugh Jackman, Fox's 'Part-Time Indian' Will Be First "Culturally Authentic" Studio Film
- John Krasinski to Narrate Disney's Nature Film 'Born in China'
- AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson Defends Time Warner Acquisition Before Congress
- Frank Marshall, Peter Berg, Mandalay Sports Team for Olympic Channel Docs
- Oscars: The Surprising Connection Between Emotional Drama 'Lion' and Space Epic 'Rogue One'
- Steamy New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer Features Christian Wooing Anastasia
- Watch the Red-Carpet VIP Arrivals at THR's Women in Entertainment Event
- A Closer Look at Female Presidents in Movies, TV
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Trailer Tease Previews "A Minor Upgrade" From Iron Man
- CineAsia: Sony Takes North American Rights to Stephen Chow's 'Journey to the West 2'
'Good Girls Revolt': Here Are the Networks Eyeing the Canceled Amazon Drama (Exclusive)
Whoopi Goldberg to Produce, Possibly Star in Harlem Racial Drama for Bravo (Exclusive)
Cedric the Entertainer to Star in CBS Sibling Comedy
Marvel's 'Inhumans' Sets 'Dexter' Grad as Showrunner (Exclusive)
'This Is Us' Star Discusses Midseason Finale Reveal and William's Series Future
Critic's Notebook: How 'Westworld' Saved HBO
Courtney B. Vance-Felicity Huffman Comedy Picked Up to Pilot at ABC
Mario Van Peebles Drama 'Superstition' Scores Syfy Series Order
MTV and VH1 Set New Unscripted Team Under Nina L. Diaz (Exclusive)
'Westworld': Looking Ahead at Season 2's Expanding World
'Duck Dynasty' Producers Put on Leave at ITV Amid Fraud Investigation (Exclusive)
'Gilmore Girls' Revival: Rory's "Very Forgettable" Boyfriend Paul Speaks
Time Warner CEO Jeffrey Bewkes Says Democrats Were Bigger First Amendment Threat Than Trump
"The threat to the First Amendment came from the Democratic side more," he says, arguing that journalists viewed a Democratic plank "overly charitably" as campaign finance reform.
Virtual Reality in Spotlight at UBS Investor Conference
NextVR executive chairman Brad Allen says when Apple launches products, it will be a "tipping point" for the industry.
Comcast CFO Touts NBCUniversal Upside, Talks "Optimism" About Business Environment Under Trump
Michael Cavanagh also spoke about DirecTV Now and Comcast's Netflix integration at the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference.
AT&T-Time Warner Merger: 4 Obstacles Faced as a Battle for Trump's Blessing Begins
Hearings kick off for the $85.4 billion deal as it confronts intense scrutiny from lawmakers and an unexpected president, who has previously pushed back against the proposal as "too much concentration of power in the hands of too few."
- Apple Music Hits 20 Million Subscribers, Execs Want "More, Faster — We're Hungry!"
- Adam Carolla Off to a Rocky Start Filming Movie About Political Correctness at Universities
- IAC Chairman Barry Diller: "We Don't Have a Clue" How Trump Will Handle M&A
Actor Roundtable: Jeff Bridges, Casey Affleck and 4 More on "Brutal" Superhero Roles, Dream Second Careers
Six contenders — also including Mahershala Ali, Andrew Garfield, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dev Patel — on what it takes to play a real-life person, making a drug dealer likable, turning down parts and the agony of acting: "The very thing you love is the thing you hate."
Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel Jokes About Passing Out Weed on the Red Carpet
He also reveals his wife is pregnant with a second child.
Oscars: Jimmy Kimmel Pick a Sign of ABC Flexing Its Muscles in Wake of New Academy Deal
THR's awards analyst says the extension to ABC's TV rights deal with the Academy, reached back in August, may have come with an implicit understanding that the network's late-night star finally would get his shot.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Sting ('Jim: The James Foley Story')
The 65-year-old rock star reflects on how he got his nickname ("It was derisory"), why he disbanded The Police ("My intuition was telling me that that was the thing to do") and how, over Thanksgiving dinner, he came up with the song that could bring him his fourth Oscar nom.
- Oscars: 15 Titles Advance in Documentary Feature Category
- Megan Ellison to Get PGA's 2017 Visionary Award
- Grammys: Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson and More Artists React to Scoring Nominations
- Grammys: Snubs and Surprises Include David Bowie, Alessia Cara and Beyonce in Rock
This Week’s Issue
Race, Family and the Trump Era
Denzel Washington and Viola Davis bring 'Fences,' the 'King Lear' of African-American plays, to film as a 33-year-old piece of art about "this tyrannical cycle" of prejudice in America takes on sudden urgency.
- Will Amazon Go Global to Challenge Netflix?
- Inside Steven Mnuchin's Hit-and-Miss Path From Hollywood to Treasury Secretary Pick
- Meet Steven Mnuchin's Actress-Author Fiancee
- MTV's New Chief on His Strategy to Lure Millennials
- 'Rogue One' Writer Tony Gilroy to Make Millions Off Reshoots
Fashion Awards 2016: Red-Carpet Arrivals
Lady Gaga, Gigi Hadid, Karlie Kloss and Jared Leto were among the famous faces showing their support for the industry's top designers at the awards ceremony in London.
About Last Weekend: Jessica Chastain Opts for Black and White; Jennifer Hudson Is a Glowing Goddess
Sheer, Short and Shiny: The Best Looks From the Victoria's Secret Afterparty
2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris Hair & Makeup and Backstage
About Last Night: Rihanna Goes Sporty in Fenty x Puma; Katy Perry's Winter White
Hollywood Hearts Dior
Haute (Hollywood) Holidays
All the Looks from Marion Cotillard's 'Allied' Press Tour
Exclusive Portraits of Rachel McAdams, Tracee Ellis Ross and More With Their Beauty Experts
Fiona Apple Tweaks "Christmas Song" Lyrics to "Trump's Nuts Roasting on an Open Fire"
“They know that Trump is on his way/ He’s got black boys in hoodies locked up on his sleigh.”
Global Music Rights Takes Fire at Radio "Cartel"
'The Voice': Season 11's Final Four Revealed
Jennifer Lopez Adds New Dates to Las Vegas Residency
Grammys: A Guide to Surprise Album of the Year Nominee Sturgill Simpson
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt Gets Personal for the First Time in '50 Song Memoir'
Naomi Judd Reveals "Severe Depression" On 'GMA'
Chart: Hot 100
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Side To Side
Ariana Grande Featuring Nicki Minaj
Harold Prince's 'Prince of Broadway' to Bow in Summer 2017
Co-directed by Prince and Susan Stroman, the musical revue combines biographical elements with iconic numbers staged by the veteran showman throughout his celebrated six-decade career.
'The Babylon Line': Theater Review
Josh Radnor plays a reluctant writing teacher and Elizabeth Reaser his most gifted student in Richard Greenberg's memory play exploring the power and mysteries of storytelling in a time of social change.
'The Bodyguard': Theater Review
R&B star Deborah Cox headlines this musical adaptation of the hit 1992 Kevin Costner-Whitney Houston film, featuring 16 songs originally recorded by the late singer.
'Dear Evan Hansen': Theater Review
Ben Platt stars as a painfully insecure teenage outsider whose life is transformed by an inadvertent lie in this new emo-musical with a score by 'La La Land' lyricists Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
'A Bronx Tale': Theater Review
Robert De Niro and Jerry Zaks co-direct this musical version of Chazz Palminteri's one-man play about growing up in an Italian-American neighborhood, also turned into a 1993 film.
- Critic's Notebook: Michael Moore, Ana Navarro Slam "Malignant" Trump on Van Jones' CNN Special
- Make Equality Reality Gala Honors Feminist Activism and Artists
- Pedro Almodovar on Being "Terrified" of Donald Trump's Presidency, How MoMA Retrospective is His "Future"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Goes From Indie Musician to Mind-Reading Witch
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Netflix Content Chief Ted Sarandos Takes Shot at Amazon Studios: They Aren't "Gaining Much Traction"
Netflix plans to release more than 1,000 hours of original programming in 2017.
YouTube Red to Stream Horror Comedy '12 Deadly Days' From Blumhouse TV
The series will star Anna Akana, Burnie Burns, Brittany Furlan, Meghan Rienks and other online stars.
Donald Trump Invites Tech Leaders to Policy Summit (Report)
Trump adviser Peter Thiel signed the invitation alongside Reince Priebus and Jared Kushner.
Election, Olympics and Pokemon Go Top Twitter Trends of the Year
#Trump ranked No. 8 in top 10 global trending topics and a Hillary Clinton quote was one of the most shared tweets of the year.
- CBS Sues YouTuber for Posting Episodes of 'The Andy Griffith Show'
- 4D Cinema Firm CJ 4DPlex Takes Aim at Virtual Reality Market With Simuline "Merger"
- How a Canadian Oliver Stone Fan Rescued the Director's Dot-Com Web Domain