'Stranger Things' Producer on New Characters and Casting "Famous People" for Season 2
"Certain actors that you have definitely heard of have raised their hand with real interest to be a part of it," Shawn Levy says of the drama's second season.
Philippe Dauman Exits Viacom Early as Potential Showdown With Paramount's Brad Grey Looms (Exclusive)
Acting CEO Thomas Dooley says the film studio chief's contract "has not been breached" but language in a regulatory filing opens the door to increased oversight of the studio.
Chris Brown Drops New Song Following Release From Jail
Less than 24 hours after being arrested and then released from jail, the singer shared the new song from his Twitter account.
Who Will Host and Produce the Oscars? The Contenders Emerge
Will Reginald Hudlin and David Hill be back as producers? Are Louis C.K. and Kevin Hart under consideration for host? Might we see the return of Brett Ratner and Eddie Murphy? THR's awards analyst digs into the Academy's big decisions.
- 'Captain America's' Sebastian Stan Joins Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' (Exclusive)
- Jim Gaffigan, Olivia Thirlby Join Ted Kennedy Drama 'Chappaquiddick'
- 'You're the Worst' Season 3: TV Review
- Vin Diesel Scores Knockdown in Former Partner's Lawsuit Over ‘xXx’ Sequel
- Donald Trump Defends U.S. Right to Build a Border Wall During Mexico Visit
- Tom Brady, Michael Strahan Team for 'Religion of Sports' TV Series (Exclusive)
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
"Why are we still talking about how women look?"
- Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
- Little People, Big Woes in Hollywood: Low Pay, Degrading Jobs and a Tragic Death
- Kim Masters: My Battles With CAA's Michael Ovitz and the Truce That Never Was
- Oscar Voters Ponder Nate Parker and 'Birth of a Nation': "I Would Not Go to the Movie"
- Michael Wolff: Why Univision's $135M Gawker Buy Is a Desperation Play for Millennials
'La La Land': Venice Review
Damien Chazelle's follow-up to 'Whiplash' is an L.A.-set musical starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as a couple of Hollywood strivers who fall in love.
- From Bill Clinton to Barack Obama: 12 Presidents and Their Favorite Movies
- 'Hillary's America' to be Rereleased in Theaters as Presidential Campaign Heats Up
- WME Signs 'Last Chance U' Director Greg Whiteley (Exclusive)
- 'Heartstone' ('Hjartasteinn'): Venice Review
- Swiss Oscar Selection 'My Life as a Zucchini' Nabbed by GKIDS
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Is Better Than International First Look (Though That's a Low Bar)
Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
'Game of Thrones' Enlists Jim Broadbent for Season 7
Kanye West Video Star Teyana Taylor Boards VH1's 'The Breaks,' 'Hip Hop Squares' (Exclusive)
USA Sets 'Glee,' 'Masters of Sex' Grads to Star in Period Drama 'The Tap'
Marc Maron to Star in Netflix Wrestling Comedy 'GLOW'
Netflix Renews 'Stranger Things' for Second Season
'Narcos': Everything to Know Before Season 2
Taylor Kitsch to Play David Koresh in Weinstein Co. Limited Series 'Waco' (Exclusive)
Netflix Orders Bill Nye Talk Show
Oscars: ABC Renews Contract Through 2028
Jason Ritter Boards David E. Kelley's Amazon Drama 'Goliath'
'Chicago P.D.' Star Talks Lindsay and Halstead's Big Move and Voight Fallout: "Everybody's on Edge"
Adam Scott, Craig Robinson to Star in Fox Comedy 'Ghosted'
Daylong Email Outage Hits Hollywood PR Agency
VFX House Cinesite Hires Former Illumination Exec as CCO
Law to Keep Actor Ages Off IMDb "Suppresses Free Speech" (Guest Column)
Gerard Depardieu Attends Opening of Cultural Center Named After Him in Russia's Saransk
- Blind Melon Sues "Insane" Songwriters for Covering Up 'No Rain' Infringement
- Tribune Media Sells Chicago's Tribune Tower for Up to $240M
- "Blurred Lines" Appeal Gets Support From More Than 200 Musicians
- China’s Alpha Group Launches L.A.-Based Feature Animation Unit
- Milo Yiannopoulos Documentary in the Works as Outrageous Tour Demands Revealed (Exclusive)
- IMG Original Content Enters Podcasting with ESPN's Tony Kornheiser (Exclusive)
- Ann Coulter Rips "Comedy Central's Decision to Shift Away From Humor" After Brutal Roast Insults (Q&A)
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Daniel Fienberg: The 10 Nominees I'll Be Rooting Hardest For at the Emmys
From the leading lady of 'The Americans' to the DP on 'The Man in the High Castle' to a cross-dressing supporting player on 'Baskets,' THR's TV critic picks the people he most ardently wants to see grab the gold.
Emmys 2016: Who Should Win, Who Will Win
Months of shoulda, coulda, woulda wind up here as final Emmy verdicts are in from THR’s awards analyst Scott Feinberg, who assesses what will win, and chief TV critic Tim Goodman, who shares what should win (hint: 'Game of Thrones' and 'Veep' are gonna clean up).
Retrospective for French Director Christophe Honore at Oldenburg Film Festival
Oscars: Hungary Chooses 'Kills on Wheels' for Foreign-Language Category
- MTV Considers Airing Future VMAs Live Due to Audience Shift
- Oscars: Bosnia Selects 'Death in Sarajevo' for Foreign-Language Category
- Warren Beatty's Howard Hughes Movie 'Rules Don't Apply' to Open AFI Fest
- Emmy Poll: Which Show Should Win Best Drama Series?
Fall's Understated 'In-The-Know' Bags
Shop 10 must-have bags (no rockstuds in sight!) that fashion leaders like Dakota Fanning and Eva Chen are already carrying
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
twenty one pilots
Black Eyed Peas Reunite for Anti-Gun Violence Song
Chris Brown's Legal Problems: a Timeline of Trouble
Tracy Morgan to Honor Smokey Robinson at Little Kids Rock Benefit
Watch Coldplay Perform "Pure Imagination" in Honor of Gene Wilder
Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley and Little Big Town to Cover David Bowie's 'Heroes' for 'Stand Up to Cancer'
In 10 Years, Willow and Jaden Smith Would Like to Live in the Mountains and Be One With Nature
Chris Brown Emerges From Home After Police Serve Warrant
'The Entertainer': Theater Review
Kenneth Branagh slips into Laurence Olivier's tap-dancing shoes to revive John Osborne's classic 1957 musical drama about the dying days of the British Empire.
Burning Man Turns 30: The Joys, Pitfalls (and Drugs) of Hollywood's "Vacation for the Soul"
Industry "Burners" from Brad Falchuk to Dana Brunetti discuss the boundary-pushing wild festival in the desert, where inhibitions give way to abandon (drugs: yes; pants: optional), artists do extraordinary installations and the rich (of course) threaten tradition with private chefs, $10,000 tents and air conditioning.
'The Layover': Theater Review
Annie Parisse and Adam Rothenberg play strangers who connect in a one-night stand that casts a lingering spell in Leslye Headland's dark comedy.
Jennifer Holliday Returning to Broadway in 'The Color Purple'
The Tony-winning breakout star of 'Dreamgirls' will end a 15-year absence when she steps into the role of juke-joint singer Shug Avery in the hit musical revival.
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
- Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
- John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Donald Trump's Mexico Visit Slammed by Hollywood
Kristen Bell to Produce Animated Kids Series for Gaumont
'Do, Re & Mi' will be a musical show aimed at pre-school children, the first project under new Gaumont animation head Nicolas Atlan.
Digital Studio Portal A Taps Maker Studios Veteran to Lead Original Programming (Exclusive)
How Top YouTuber PewDiePie Got (Briefly) Suspended From Twitter
Jessica Alba to Mentor Startups in Apple's 'Planet of the Apps'
- Joshua Pines, Michelle Munson Among 16 New SMPTE Fellows
- FAA’s New Drone Rules Go Into Effect; CNN Has Waiver to Fly Over Your Head
- Why an NFL Superstar's Lawsuit Against ESPN Represents a Threat for Media