Oscars: Jimmy Kimmel Pick a Sign of ABC Flexing Its Muscles in Wake of New Academy Deal
THR's awards analyst says the extention to ABC's TV rights deal with the Academy, reached back in August, may have come with an implicit understanding that the network's late-night star finally would get his shot.
Savannah Guthrie Talks TV News in Trump Era
After the soap opera (and ratings slump) of Ann Curry's NBC morning-show exit, Guthrie heads to maternity leave in first place and with a new contract as she reveals her thoughts on the crazy campaign, an historic election night and being the target of sexist criticism (especially on social media).
'Westworld' Star Explains Tragic Finale Reveal, Season 2 Status
"I worried that it would hinder people's appreciation of the story as it unfolds," the major finale player tells THR about dodging fan theories over the course of the season.
WGA TV Nominations Include 'Westworld,' 'This Is Us' and 'Stranger Things'
Reigning comedy champ 'Veep' also scores, while 'Better Call Saul' and 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' dominate.
- TV Ratings: 'The Simpsons' Climbs as Blowout 'SNF' Holds Steady
- James Murdoch Says Fox News Did a Good Job in Transitioning from Roger Ailes
- Oscars: Why Fake News Concerns Shouldn't Bother Hollywood
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teases Songs From Second 'Hamilton Mixtape'
- Lady Gaga Reveals She Suffers from PTSD: "I've Never Told Anyone That Before"
- 'The Mummy' Reboot Trailer Unwraps Secrets of the Monsters Shared Universe
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Interviews Denzel Washington and Viola Davis on Race, Family and 'Fences' in the Trump Era
Actress Roundtable: Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Taraji P. Henson and 4 More on Stage Fright, Onscreen Rape and How to Research Playing a Crack Addict
Megyn Kelly Gets Candid: "Dangerous" Roger Ailes, Her Trump Saga, That Offer and Why She Won't Call Herself a Feminist
Bertolucci Responds to Outrage Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Confession
According to the director, the only thing Schneider was not aware prior to shooting was the use of butter in the infamous scene.
- Oscars: 'Lion' Screenwriter Reveals Which Scene "Brings a Tear to My Eye"
- 'Good Will Hunting': THR's 1997 Review
- 'La La Land' Named Best Film by Washington D.C.-Area Film Critics
- Rep Sheet Roundup: Mel Gibson's Son Milo Gibson Signs With APA
- Andrew Garfield on Acting: "I Know I'm Never Going to Be Able to Quit" | Actor Oscar Roundtable
- 'Your Name' Now Second-Highest-Grossing Japanese Film, Passing 'Howl's Moving Castle'
'Westworld' Finale Ends With a Bang, Sets Up Broader World for Season 2
'Westworld': 17 Burning Questions After the Season Finale
'This Is Us': Ranking All the Emotional Twists So Far
'Designated Survivor' Makes Another Showrunner Change (Exclusive)
Marvel's 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Second Season at Netflix
Alec Baldwin's Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
Jennifer Aniston Asks Vanessa Bayer to Stop Impersonating Her 'Friends' Character Rachel on 'SNL'
'Good Girls Revolt' Canceled at Amazon; Will Be Shopped Elsewhere
Fox Backtracks on Skipping January TCA
Bryan Fuller on 'Star Trek: Discovery': "I'm Not Involved"
DC TV Watch: What's Next After That Mega 4-Show Crossover
'Gilmore Girls' Bosses Discuss Final Four Words, Rory Criticism and Possible Future Installments
Discovery CEO Eyes Direct-to-Consumer Push, Lauds TLC's Focus on Middle America "Starving" for Content
David Zaslav at the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference in New York also vows a record 2016 and 2017 and says the company could operate fewer networks down the line.
Netflix Content Chief Ted Sarandos Takes Shot at Amazon Studios: They Aren't "Gaining Much Traction"
Netflix plans to release more than 1,000 hours of original programming in 2017.
Leslie Moonves Says Its Early Days for Figuring Out Whether CBS Should Merge With Viacom
"We're looking at it — we'll see what happens," the CBS CEO said.
U.S. Ad Growth to Slow in 2017 After Olympics and Elections, Zenith Sees Political "Uncertainty"
U.S. internet ad spending will rise 16.9 percent this year to $60.9 billion and keep growing. In 2017, it should hit $69.2 billion to overtake TV's $68.6 billion.
- Hollywood Docket: Radar Online Beats Suit from 'American Idol' Alum on Appeal
- Sony Pictures Television, China's iQIYI to Remake 'Chosen' as Mandarin-Language Series
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down
Actor Roundtable: Jeff Bridges, Casey Affleck and 4 More on "Brutal" Superhero Roles, Dream Second Careers
Six contenders — also including Mahershala Ali, Andrew Garfield, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dev Patel — on what it takes to play a real-life person, making a drug dealer likable, turning down parts and the agony of acting: "The very thing you love is the thing you hate."
Billboard Music Awards 2017 Show Date Announced
The show will air May 21 on ABC.
Bob Dylan Writes Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech, Patti Smith to Sing
The singer-songwriter's speech will be read at the Dec. 10 banquet.
Kennedy Center Honors: Al Pacino, the Eagles, James Taylor Among Those Feted
Although the president has no say in who receives the awards, host Stephen Colbert joked that next year's honorees (when Donald Trump is the commander-in-chief) would include Scott Baio, Gary Busey and Meat Loaf.
- Larry King and Brett Ratner Honored by American Jewish Historical Society
- 'The Jungle Book,' 'Rogue One' Advance in Visual Effects Oscar Race
- Oscars: 'Jungle Book's' Jon Favreau on How to Get Animals to Speak Convincingly (and 7 More Director Secrets)
- Alessia Cara to Receive Rule Breaker Award at Billboard Women in Music 2016
- Oscars: A Best Picture Nom for a Documentary? Why Not?
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Natalie Portman ('Jackie')
- 'La La Land,' 'Arrival,' 'Moonlight' Top Critics' Choice Nominations
- Which Critics' Choice Noms and Snubs Could Actually Change the Fortunes of Oscar Hopefuls?
This Week’s Issue
Race, Family and the Trump Era
Denzel Washington and Viola Davis bring 'Fences,' the 'King Lear' of African-American plays, to film as a 33-year-old piece of art about "this tyrannical cycle" of prejudice in America takes on sudden urgency.
- Will Amazon Go Global to Challenge Netflix?
- Inside Steven Mnuchin's Hit-and-Miss Path From Hollywood to Treasury Secretary Pick
- Meet Steven Mnuchin's Actress-Author Fiancee
- MTV's New Chief on His Strategy to Lure Millennials
- 'Rogue One' Writer Tony Gilroy to Make Millions Off Reshoots
Everything You Need to Know About the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
Bella Hadid was serenaded by her ex The Weeknd, Olivier Rousteing sat front-row and Yolanda Hadid was one proud mama.
- The Haim Sisters Co-Design New Year's Eve Collection for Reformation
- #SocialGathering: Chris Pratt Crops Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos; Prince Harry and Rihanna Get Tested for HIV Together
- Amy Schumer in Talks to Star in 'Barbie' Movie From Sony
- Donald Trump Used Scotch Tape to Hold His Tie Together
Sheer, Short and Shiny: The Best Looks From the Victoria's Secret Afterparty
2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris Hair & Makeup and Backstage
About Last Night: Rihanna Goes Sporty in Fenty x Puma; Katy Perry's Winter White
Hollywood Hearts Dior
Haute (Hollywood) Holidays
All the Looks from Marion Cotillard's 'Allied' Press Tour
Exclusive Portraits of Rachel McAdams, Tracee Ellis Ross and More With Their Beauty Experts
High Slit Highlights
The Best and Worst Dressed at the AMAs
All the Chokers At the AMAs
Oakland Warehouse Fire Death Toll Grows to 36
Eleven of the victims have been positively identified as authorities believe they've located the section of the building where the fire started but the cause remains unknown.
Grammy Predictions 2017: Who Will Score the Major Nominations?
Oakland Warehouse Fire: Names of 7 Victims Released
Earth, Wind & Fire and Nile Rodgers Accept Top Honors at Ebony Power 100 Gala
Madonna Repeatedly Slams Donald Trump, Says She's "Ashamed to Be an American" at Miami Fundraiser
Kristen Stewart Stars in Rolling Stones' "Ride 'Em On Down" Video
Chance the Rapper Asks Fans to Choose His 'SNL' Setlist
Chart: Hot 100
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Goes From Indie Musician to Mind-Reading Witch
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Rust Belt Drama 'Sweat' Sets Broadway Move
The topical new play by Pulitzer winner Lynn Nottage, about Pennsylvania steel workers battling the tough economic tide of globalization, will open at Studio 54 in spring.
'Dear Evan Hansen': Theater Review
Ben Platt stars as a painfully insecure teenage outsider whose life is transformed by an inadvertent lie in this new emo-musical with a score by 'La La Land' lyricists Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
'A Bronx Tale': Theater Review
Robert De Niro and Jerry Zaks co-direct this musical version of Chazz Palminteri's one-man play about growing up in an Italian-American neighborhood, also turned into a 1993 film.
'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Advances Broadway Plans
Producers of the two-part play, a smash hit on London's West End, are in negotiations to open a New York production in spring 2018 in the refurbished Lyric Theatre.
'Ride the Cyclone': Theater Review
The members of a high school choir killed in an amusement park tragedy wait in purgatorial limbo for a vote on who gets to return to life in this macabre new musical.
- Oakland Arts Community Reels From Warehouse Fire: "This Is a Nightmare"
- How Donald Trump's Private Plane Compares to Air Force One
- Where Hollywood Eats: L.A.'s 20 Hottest Restaurants Right Now (December 2016)
YouTube Plans Christmas Special Starring Mariah Carey, Rudy Mancuso
'The Keys of Christmas' will feature performances by Ciara, DJ Khaled and Fifth Harmony.
CBS Sues YouTuber for Posting Episodes of 'The Andy Griffith Show'
Sixteen episodes of the series were posted online without permission, according to the suit.
How a Canadian Oliver Stone Fan Rescued the Director's Dot-Com Web Domain
The namesake site has been returned to the 'Snowden' director after being allowed to expire, shedding light on the perils of celebrity cyber-squatting.
CBS and NFL Agree to Stream Football on All Access
The deal goes into effect on Dec. 4.
- Snapchat vs. Instagram: Who's Copying Whom Most?
- Fandango Purchases Latin American Ticketer Cinepapaya
- Pilgrim, 343 Industries Developing 'Halo' E-Sports Series