Relativity Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
The studio is now up for sale.
Relativity Bankruptcy: The Fallout for Its Movies
While a few films — like 'Masterminds' and 'Kidnap' — remain on the release schedule, many other projets are in flux.
HBO Chief On 'Game of Thrones'' Violence, 'True Detective's' Quality and 'Curb's' Future
Programming president Michael Lombardo also addressed the competition -- and the fate of Jon Snow.
Relativity TV’s Tom Forman Addresses Staff: "Ignore the Noise" of Bankruptcy
With series like 'Limitless' and 'Catfish,' the company's TV division becomes one of its prime assets.
- The Top 25 American Film Schools
- Weinstein Co. Top Exec David Glasser to Exit
- Longtime 'Rolling Stone' Film Critic Peter Travers Fighting for His Job
- Both of HBO's David Fincher Shows in Jeopardy
- MSNBC Axes Ed Schultz, Alex Wagner and 'The Cycle'
- Jenner's First Reality Show: 1976 Montreal Olympics
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR’s Daily Headlines.
Rising Dutch Actor Marwan Kenzari Books Christian Bale, Noomi Rapace Movies (Exclusive)
Marwan Kenzari will first shoot Terry George’s 'The Promise' then segue to Tommy Wirkola’s 'What Happened to Monday.'
- N. Brock Winkless IV, the Puppeteer of Chucky in 'Child's Play,' Dies at 56
- Salma Hayek Highlights 'Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet' Premiere in L.A.
- 'Two Step': Film Review
- 'The Seventh Dwarf': Film Review
- 'Paper Towns' Author John Green Defends Cara Delevingne: Selling Movies Is "Dehumanizing"
- 'Northmen — A Viking Saga': Film Review
HBO Boss Blasts Starz's 'Ballers' Dig, Asks: "What's 'Survivor's Remorse'?"
Fox Yanks 'Knock Knock Live'
HBO Defends 'True Detective' Season 2, Praises 'Spectacular' Pizzolatto
'Daily Show' Alum Wyatt Cenac to Topline TBS Alien Pilot From 'Office' Boss
Julia Ormond Joins Ben Affleck and Matt Damon's Syfy Pilot, 'Incorporated'
Up TV Chief Defends '7th Heaven' Quiet Return Post-Stephen Collins Saga
Luke Perry Won't Watch Lifetime's 'Beverly Hills, 90210' Tell-All
Russell Simmons Signs Overall Deal With HBO, Developing Broken Lizard Series
OWN Orders Megachurch Drama From 'Lost' Grad Straight to Series (Exclusive)
TV Ratings: 'Today' Enjoys Summer Hot Streak
Former 'Top Gear' Team Heading to Amazon
'The Leftovers': Damon Lindelof, Cast Tease Season 2 Changes
THR's Guide to SummerView All
Summer Dining: 11 Hot New L.A. Restaurants
2015 Summer Movie Guide: Sequels... Comedy... Action!
Summer Album Guide: Tame Impala, Pitbull, Bea Miller Highlight July Releases
Summer's 23 Most Intriguing Indie Films
New Movies, TV on Amazon in July: 'The Skeleton Twins,' 'Dr. Strangelove,' 'Extant' and More
Sundance Movies Hitting Theaters This Summer: 'Dope,' 'The End of the Tour' and More
20 Pop Songs For Every Summer Playlist
Summer TV's 15 Most Anticipated Shows
Movies Under the Stars: Summer Outdoor Screenings in L.A.
Summer Box Office Champs: From Sharks to Shrek to Superheroes
Movies Under the Stars: Summer Outdoor Screenings in NYC
'Graceland' First Look: Lucy Liu Steps Behind the Camera (Exclusive)
Time Warner Cable Posts Smallest Second-Quarter Video Sub Loss Since 2008
The company, which Charter is planning to acquire, reports its best second-quarter subscriber performance ever, but earnings miss estimates.
Regal Earnings Set Quarterly Revenue Record
Discovery to Acquire Turkish Free-to-Air Network
EU vs. Hollywood: The Battle Over "Buy One, Get 27 Free"
Emmy Nominees Decoded: Fun Facts and Crazy Stats
Netflix is gaining on broadcast — but cable (i.e., HBO) still dominates.
Emmy's 8:30 AM Wake-Up Call a Success, But Will Oscar Follow?
Bucking tradition, the TV Academy moved a later start-time for its nominations announcement, but the Motion Picture Academy won't necessarily follow suit.
Tim Goodman on Emmy Nomination Process: Take the Final Step to Fix It
A year after proposing changes, it's clear they weren't major enough to fix pointless snubbing.
'Empire's' Taraji P. Henson Reveals Why She Hid Her Phone on Emmy Nominations Day (Video)
The actress, who is nominated for best lead actress in a drama, also shares who gave her the good news.
- Taraji P. Henson on Emmy Nomination: "I Love the Craft of Acting, and I Have to Stay Focused on That. But I Am Grateful."
- Emmy Nominations: 'House of Cards,' 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'Tyrant' and More Composers React
- Emmy Crafts: Repeat Performances For 'Game of Thrones,' 'Deadliest Catch?'
- Inside the Emmy Nominations: New Rules "Will Stick," Academy Chairman Says
- Emmy Nominations: TV Academy Is Getting Its Act Together (Analysis)
- 'Empire' Co-Creator Lee Daniels Responds to Emmys Snub
- 'Homeland' Creator Talks Emmy Return, Season 5 and Eventually Filming in the U.S. Again
- Emmys Inch Toward Diversity With Noms for Black Actresses
This Week’s Issue
Jeter's Next Big Swing
"I don't miss playings," says the retired Yankee, as the press-shy captain leads website The Players' Tribune, where DeAndre Jordan and Tiger Woods break news (sorry, ESPN) and backers are betting on a media home run
- The 10 Most Powerful Voices in Sports Media: Simmons, Barkley and More
- Ghost of Amy Pascal Haunts Sony's Sad Summer
- Summer TCA: Big, Imaginary Questions for the Major Network Chiefs
- Adam Sandler: Netflix Defends Its Damaged Goods
- Metal Detectors At Movie Theaters? Not Likely
Decked Out: Juliette Lewis' Rock 'n' Roll Superhero Vibes
As she readies to go on tour for the first time in six years with her band, The Licks, the singer and 'Jem and The Holograms' star shares the secrets to her effortless style, on stage and off.
Taraji P. Henson, Viola Davis and Drama Actress A-List Tackle Race, Sexism, Aging in Hollywood
Lena Dunham, Amy Schumer and Comedy Actress A-List in Raunchy, R-Rated Roundtable
Ricky Gervais, Jordan Peele and TV's Funniest Actors on Failed Fart Skits, Louis C.K. Worship and When to Play the Race Card
Chart: Hot 100
Can't Feel My Face
Taylor Swift Featuring Kendrick Lamar
Dr. Dre, Ice Cube Break Silence on N.W.A Movie, Suge Knight's Murder Charge and a Reunion Tour (With Eminem)
This isn't your dad's N.W.A: Dre is now 50 and a mogul, Cube is 46 and a Hollywood powerhouse. And yeah, the guys who sang "F— tha Police" and "One Less Bitch" have been married for decades. So what's left after you poked mainstream America out of its race slumber 30 years ago? The hot biopic 'Straight Outta Compton': "All this shit really happened."
Lollapalooza: MS MR Talk Onstage Style for the Music Fest
Morrissey Claims He Was Sexually Assaulted by Airport Security
Janis Ian Says Bill Cosby Tried to Blacklist Her Because He Thought She "Was a Lesbian"
HBO Scores Pair of U2 Specials
U.K. Bookmaker Suspends 'Spectre' Theme Betting After $23,000 Radiohead Wager
Zayn Malik Signs With RCA, Tweets Excitement
'Hamilton': Lin-Manuel Miranda, Questlove, Black Thought on the Runaway Broadway Hit, Its Political Relevance and Super-Fan Barack Obama
The show's creator and cast album's producers talk race in the Obama era, the Founding Fathers’ views on slavery, how Donald Trump’s immigration comments are playing to Broadway audiences and what it means that hip-hop is now oldies music.
Lupita Nyong'o to Make Her New York Stage Debut in 'Eclipsed'
The Oscar winner will star in the Public Theater's war drama this fall.
'Hamilton': Lin-Manuel Miranda Repeatedly Rewards Lottery Hopefuls With Unique Pre-Shows
The creator and star of Broadway’s buzziest musical innovates again with brief, daily performances like 'Les Miserables' Q&As and Beyonce ukulele covers.
'Kafka on the Shore': Theater Review
The Lincoln Center Festival presents the Ninagawa Company's lavish theatrical adaptation of Haruki Murakami's acclaimed novel.
'The Absolute Brightness of Leonard Pelkey': Theater Review
This solo play written and performed by the co-founder of The Trevor Project relates the tale of a flamboyant teenager who goes missing.
Hollywood's 100 Favorite Films
Amazon's Hollywood Shopping Cart Secrets
A big checkbook, bigger buzz for 'Transparent' and now a push into movies as Jeff Bezos and studio chief Roy Price talk to THR about attracting Woody Allen, Ridley Scott and deep industry curiosity about its un-Hollywood way of doing business. "They don't want anything anybody else has," 'Transparent' creator Jill Soloway says. "They want stuff that really f--s up the status quo."
Amazon's Jeff Bezos on Hollywood Strategy: "When People Join Prime, ... They Buy More Shoes"
In a wide-ranging interview about his vision for Amazon Studios, the company's founder and CEO — who sits in on greenlight meetings for his upstart content division — reveals his plan to turn the $200 billion retail company into an industry player and his hands-off approach to content creators like 'Transparent's' Jill Soloway: "How in the world could I possibly help Jill? I can help Jill by leaving her alone."
Redbox's Parent Company Sees 10 Percent Stock Decline on Quarterly Earnings
NBCUniversal in Talks to Invest in BuzzFeed
- SiriusXM to Launch 24/7 Comedy Channel (Exclusive)
- German TV, Print Giants End Merger Talks
- Stagnant User Growth Sends Twitter Stock Down 14 Percent
- Facebook Delivers on High Second Quarter Earnings Expectations
- Blake Griffin, Danica Patrick and Other Athletes on Why They Believe in Jeter's The Players' Tribune
- Ben Lyons Reinvents Himself As "Voice of the Fans" at Jeter's Players' Tribune
- Nokia Enters Virtual Reality Business, Debuts 360-Degree Camera for Professionals