Connie Britton Sets First Post-'Nashville' Movie Role (Exclusive)
Britton joins Ben Mendelsohn in 'Land of Steady Habits,' based on the debut novel from Ted Thompson.
Judge Allows Trial Testimony from Another Alleged Bill Cosby Victim
Prosecutors wanted 13 alleged victims on the witness stand besides the main accuser while Cosby's attorneys argued it violated the fundamentals of criminal law.
Box Office: 'Get Out' Rakes in $1.8M Thursday Night
Jordan Peele's directorial debut opens wide along with animated family film 'Rock Dog' and the long-delayed action film 'Collide.'
CNN, New York Times, Politico and More Blocked From White House Presser
The White House Correspondents' Association is "protesting strongly against how today's gaggle is being handled by the White House."
- ABC's Longtime Head of Marketing Marla Provencio to Exit
- Tracy Morgan Heads to Netflix for Stand-Up Special
- TV Ratings: 'How to Get Away With Murder' Rises for Finale
- CAA Hosts Take Action Day With Sen. Kamala Harris, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy
- Trump Tells CPAC Reporters Shouldn't Be Allowed to Use Anonymous Sources
- 'Nashville' Showrunner Opens Up About Losing Connie Britton
Oscar Voter Reveals Her Brutally Honest Ballot: Meryl Streep "Like a Clown," 'La La Land' "Not Memorable," 'Arrival' "Just Sucked"
Brutally Honest Oscar Ballot #2: 'La La Land' "Felt a Little Light," Barry Jenkins "Is Really a Poet"
Brutally Honest Oscar Ballot #3: Denzel Washington "Talks Too Much," 'La La Land' "Transported Me"
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Why the Oscars Still Matter
By Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Cuban, Liza Minnelli, Matt Damon, Dakota Johnson, Olivia de Havilland, Michael Ovitz, Neil deGrasse Tyson and more
- 19 Hollywood A-Listers on Why the Oscars Still Matter (and One Who Says They Don't)
- Narcissism Expert Analyzes Trump's Tweets About the Oscars: He Wants to Be Respected by Hollywood (Guest Column)
- Oscars 2017: Who Will Win, Who Should Win
- I Was Carrie Fisher's 1978 Oscar Date: Spielberg, Lucas and a 3 a.m. Afterparty With John Belushi
- Oscar Winner John Irving Urges Hollywood to Get Political With "Outright Bias" in Acceptance Speeches (Guest Column)
Gerard Butler, Neal Moritz Team to Adapt Fantasy Novel 'A Darker Shade of Magic' (Exclusive)
Sony won a bidding war for the rights to Victoria Schwab's novel.
- Weinstein Co. Partners With Wanda for 'Lion' China Release
- Nick Kroll, John Mulaney Talk Spirit Awards Hosting Strategies and Why 'Sully' Was the Year's Best Indie Film (Q&A)
- Germany's Studio Babelsberg, China's Wuxi Studios Sign Co-Production Deal
- Oscars: Read Some of the Worst Reviews of This Year's Best Picture Nominees
- From 'Lion' to 'Moonlight': Exclusive Photos of Oscar Film Breakouts (All Under 14)
- Croatia to Continue Production Incentives Despite Film Center Crisis
'Nashville' Shocker Explained: Connie Britton Opens Up About Devastating Ending
Cress Williams Set as 'Black Lightning' for The CW's Greg Berlanti DC Drama
'Bates Motel' Star Freddie Highmore to Topline ABC's David Shore Drama
Matthew Broderick to Star in Ryan Murphy's 'Katrina: American Crime Story'
Lauren Graham to Star in Fox Comedy 'Linda From HR'
Lea Michele Joins ABC's Daveed Diggs Comedy
'How to Get Away With Murder' Creator Teases "More Complicated" Season 4
Josh Duhamel, Jimmi Simpson, Bokeem Woodbine to Star in USA's Tupac Drama 'Unsolved'
Damon Wayans Jr. to Star in FX AI Comedy From Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg (Exclusive)
Disney Channel Grad Debby Ryan to Star in CW's 'Insatiable'
History's Military Drama 'Six' Renewed for Season Two
Louis C.K. Sets Pair of Stand-Up Specials at Netflix
Paramount Seeking Studio Chief, But Who Would Want the Job Now?
Brad Grey's exit comes amid a $450 million loss, a tug-of-war with Viacom's CFO and a plan to impose a "steering committee" to greenlight movies, which may hurt the effort to recruit his replacement.
Italian Prosecutors Probe Vivendi Over Alleged Stock Manipulation (Report)
The French media giant is under investigation for alleged market manipulation over deal with Italian broadcaster Mediaset.
Entertainment Industry Top Executives to Hit Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, Turner CEO John Martin, Vice Media CEO Shane Smith and AT&T Entertainment Group CEO John Stankey are among the speakers.
RealD Acquires MasterImage 3D Technology
RealD launched in the 3D exhibition space, though it also has been moving toward technology for production and postproduction.
- Academy Granted $250,000 From Walmart for Emerging Talent Programs
- Rock Stars Fight Depositions in Legal Dispute Spanning Decades of Music History
- It's Official: China's Recon Group Acquires 51 Percent of Millennium Films for $100M
- Oscars Producer Michael De Luca on Keeping the Show Moving and What's Next for 'Fifty Shades'
- AMC Networks Earnings Beat Estimates, CEO Says 'Walking Dead' Franchise "Will Have a Long Life"
- Time Warner Investor Relations Head to Lead AT&T Integration Planning
- Cinemark Earnings Exceed Estimates, CEO Says Talks About Premium VOD Window Continue
Oscars Week 2017: The Complete Party (and Protest) Guide
From the Spirit Awards and the Night Before Party to Elton John's major milestone and Vanity Fair, get the scoop on all the A-list parties happening in Hollywood to celebrate all things Oscar.
Lin-Manuel Miranda on His Lifelong Oscars Obsession and Why the Show Still Matters (Guest Column)
The 'Hamilton' creator, a first-time nominee (for 'Moana'), gets personal as he recalls his childhood watching "this impossibly larger-than-life thing," his 'Seabiscuit' interpretive dance and the moments he'll never forget ("It was as if she reached through the screen to talk to me").
An Actor's Personal Tale: I Was Thrown Out of the Academy for Sharing VHS Screeners
'Godfather' actor Carmine Caridi, the only AMPAS member to be expelled for sharing screeners, reflects on his Oscar infamy ("I was doing a guy a favor, and he screwed me") and a career that might have been.
Michael Moore: Why I Gave That Infamous Anti-Bush Oscars Speech (Guest Column)
The 'Bowling for Columbine' filmmaker reveals the full story behind his 2003 acceptance speech for best documentary, which was met with "primarily boos" — and the threats (and "wall of horse manure" on the driveway) right after.
- Oscars Fashion Preview: A-Listers Opting for Fashion Gravitas in the Trump Era
- Brutally Honest Oscar Ballot #2: 'La La Land' "Felt a Little Light," Barry Jenkins "Is Really a Poet"
- A Timeline of Emma Stone's Post-Election Fade to Black on the Red Carpet
- Oscars: How the "In Memoriam" Editors Honor "All These People" and Keep It Brief
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'When We Rise' Transgender Star Ivory Aquino Fights to "Share My Story"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Legion' Star Rachel Keller's Big Break From Food Trucks to 'Fargo'
Oscar Nominee Justin Hurwitz Goes From Men's Wearhouse to Lanvin in THR's Tux Clinic
The 'La La Land' composer previously stepped out in an ill-fitting suit with a crooked bowtie — "If you want some comedy, Google me at the Grammys" — but worked with executive style consultant Andrew Weitz to prep for Sunday's Academy Awards.
- Meryl Streep Sets the Record Straight on Karl Lagerfeld's Pay to Wear Comments
- Before There Were Stylists: Barbra Streisand, Jodie Foster and More Defend Their Oscar Gowns
- Milan Fashion Week: Moschino's Material Girls, Prada's Layered Chic
- Before There Were Stylists: Faye Dunaway's Theadora Van Runkle Gown at the 1968 Oscars
Gucci's Star-Studded Front Row
About Last Night: Mandy Moore Is Pretty in Polka Dots; Dakota Johnson Stands Out in a Black Lace Gown
BRIT Awards: Red Carpet Photos
12 NYFW Looks We Want To See On The Red Carpet
All the Power Pantsuits From New York Fashion Week
See Every Look from Yeezy Season 5
Yellow Is A Major Trend on the NYFW Runways
Grammy Awards: Red Carpet Photos
Beyonce Cancels Coachella Performance, Will Headline 2018 Festival
The decision comes under doctor's orders.
Coachella Ticket Prices Drop 12 Percent After Beyonce Cancellation
Universal Music's Michele Anthony Named UJA Music Visionary of the Year
Jackie Evancho Wants to "Enlighten" Trump on Transgender Rights
Rihanna to Receive Harvard University's Humanitarian of the Year Award
Brit Awards: David Bowie's Son Gives Heartfelt Acceptance Speech for His Dad
Brit Awards: Katy Perry Parodies Donald Trump, U.K. Prime Minister With Skeletons During Performance
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Chained To The Rhythm
Katy Perry Featuring Skip Marley
'Sunday in the Park With George': Theater Review
Reprising their roles on Broadway after an acclaimed concert staging, Jake Gyllenhaal and Annaleigh Ashford burrow deeper into the landmark musical about making art by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine.
'Fun Home': Theater Review
The 2015 Tony Award winner for best musical arrives at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles with a strong touring company amid Trump administration attacks on LGBT rights.
'If I Forget': Theater Review
Kate Walsh returns to the New York stage in this new drama by 'Dear Evan Hansen' book writer Steven Levenson, in which a family struggles with personal and political issues.
'Kid Victory': Theater Review
A teenager struggles to live with the aftermath of a horrific crime in this new musical by legendary composer John Kander, of 'Chicago' and 'Cabaret' fame, and playwright Greg Pierce.
'Finding Neverland': Theater Review
Billy Harrigan Tighe and Christine Dwyer star at the Hollywood Pantages Theatre in Harvey Weinstein's touring production of the Broadway musical about playwright J.M. Barrie and his magical creation Peter Pan.
- Embeth Davidtz-Sloane Educates 75 of Her A-List Friends on Breast Cancer Research
- President Obama's Secret White House Screenings Revealed
- L.A. Street Artist Targets Oscars With Mocking Posters on Hollywood and Highland
Narcissism Expert Analyzes Trump's Tweets About the Oscars: He Wants to Be Respected by Hollywood (Guest Column)
Along with "fake news" and "low-life leakers," the Academy Awards have been the target of some of Donald Trump's most withering tweets. The author of 'The Narcissism Epidemic' suspects that behind the bluster is a yearning to be taken seriously by Tinseltown.
Disney Lays Off 80 From Maker, Digital Media Unit Amid Restructuring
Maker Studios' talent network, which at one time grew to 55,000 creators, also is being slimmed down.
Technicolor Launches Virtual and Augmented Reality-Focused Sound Lab
Supervising Sound Editor and Designer Scott Gershin is leading the initiative.
Spotify Launches Original Podcasts From Gimlet Media, Panoply Studios
One show will look at the life and influence of music industry executive Chris Lighty.
- Brian Robbins to Step Down as AwesomenessTV CEO (Exclusive)
- Landmark Cinemas CEO: “I Love Tentpoles but I Need More Than That”
- Disney Digital Studio GM Outlines "Biggest Challenges" In Delivering Quality Cinema Experiences