Jim Gianopulos Expected to Leave Fox in Early September
Parent company 21st Century Fox had said the veteran exec would stay on as film studio chairman until the end of his contract in June 2017.
'American Idol' Owner Core Media Allowed to Terminate Deal With Simon Fuller
A bankruptcy judge permits the rejection of a profit sharing agreement on 'Idol' and 'So You Think You Can Dance.'
Viceland Pulling Half of H2's Ratings — But Skewing 17 Years Younger
Five months in, July numbers reveal solid premiere telecasts and a softer primetime average.
'Halt and Catch Fire' Season 3: TV Review
AMC's computer pioneer drama moves to San Francisco, but the acting and character work remain top-notch.
- China's Wanda Planning Two Billion-Dollar Film Deals This Year, Chairman Says
- 'The Departed' TV Series in the Works at Amazon
- Michael Strahan Developing Football Star-Turned-Cop Drama for ABC (Exclusive)
- Steven Hill, District Attorney Adam Schiff on 'Law & Order,' Dies at 94
- Andrea Tantaros Lawsuit Targets Five Executives at Fox News for Retaliation
- Sarah Paulson Becomes Latest Star to Board Ryan Murphy's FX Anthology 'Feud'
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
Michael Wolff on Hillary's "Self-Delusion," Trump's "S— Show" and the Media's Final, Frantic 100 Days
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Patrick Wilson Joins Liam Neeson in Action Thriller 'The Commuter' (Exclusive)
The move also reteams Wilson with his 'Conjuring 2' star Vera Farmiga.
- 'Rogue One' Director Reveals Just Who (or What) the Movie Is Named After
- Super Nintendo Turns 25: Inside Its Uphill Battle for U.S. Domination
- NASA Teams with 'Star Trek' to Explain the Real Final Frontiers
- STX Entertainment Acquires Virtual Reality Producer Surreal
- 'A Violent Prosecutor' ('Geom-sa-we-jeon'): Film Review
- 'Southside With You': Watch Barack Obama Get Rejected by Michelle on First Date (Exclusive Video)
This Week’s Issue
Oprah & Ava
The friends talk frankly about Hollywood inclusion (and please do NOT say "diversity"). "Everybody gets caught up in the hashtag," says Winfrey, whose 'Queen Sugar' series with DuVernay isn't an "education" — just a great story. "If you treat being black as a plight," says the director, "it impacts your creativity."
- Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
- How Ava DuVernay's 'Queen Sugar' Is Boosting Female Filmmakers
- Leonardo DiCaprio, the Malaysian Money Scandal and His "Unusual" Foundation
- 'Fast 8' to 'Criminal Minds': When On-Set Feuds Go Public
- Michael Wolff on the Murdoch Father-Sons Feud Over Fox News Post-Roger Ailes
Ray Romano, Chris O'Dowd to Star in 'Get Shorty' TV Series at Epix
Olympics 2016: 9 Network Chiefs Weigh In With Advice For Boosting Viewership
Joseph Fiennes Set as Male Lead in Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale'
TV Land's 'Jim Gaffigan Show' to End With Season 2
Nina Tassler Returns to TV With 'The Middlesteins' at Showtime
Keegan-Michael Key, Cobie Smulders, Fred Savage Lead Cast of Nick Stoller Netflix Comedy
'Faking It' Star Katie Stevens to Topline Freeform Cosmopolitan Drama 'Issues'
Willie Geist Leaving Third Hour of NBC's 'Today'
TV Ratings: Rio Closing Ceremony Is Down 45 Percent, Widening Gap With London
CBS Using Sexual Joke to Market Dr. Phil Drama 'Bull'
'Fear the Walking Dead' Boss Breaks Down the Midseason Premiere and the Twists Ahead
Larry Wilmore Opens Up About 'Nightly Show' Early Exit, Saying Farewell and What's Next
Philippe Dauman Entitled to $58M Viacom Severance Payment, Board Summons Paramount Management
The company in a regulatory filing says Paramount management will provide the Viacom board with a business update and may face more board oversight.
Bryan Singer, Robert Stromberg to Keynote New Virtual Reality Society Conference
Nintendo Sells Majority Stake in Seattle Mariners for $660 Million
Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine and 'Star Trek Beyond' Cast Descend on China
- Street Art Puts Leonardo DiCaprio and Hillary Clinton in Money-Laundering Machine
- Demi Lovato Faces Copyright Lawsuit From Indie Stars Sleigh Bells
- Casey Wasserman Mentioned in New Batch of Clinton Emails
Emmys: Kevin Spacey Explains Why 'House of Cards' President Frank Underwood Would "Willingly Stand Behind" Trump
Emmys: 'Veep,' 'House of Cards' Set Designers Reveal Secrets Behind Their Shows' Oval Offices
Emmys: Martin Mull Talks First Nomination for 'Veep,' Imagines a Bob Bradley Spinoff
Emmys: Michael J. Fox, Laurie Metcalf, 13 More Guest Actors Share Life Lessons From Their Limited Time on Set
- Oscars: Academy Reveals Tech Achievements It Is Considering for Awards
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Hugh Grant ('Florence Foster Jenkins')
- Emmys: How 'People v. O.J. Simpson' Re-Created That Notorious Freeway Chase
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kit Harington on Final Seasons: "It's Going to Get Very Bleak"
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Pat McGrath Reveals New Bedazzled Lip Kits, Talks Old Hollywood Makeup Magic
The legendary makeup artist chats about screen sirens and her favorite runway looks.
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
twenty one pilots
James Corden Gets a Birthday Surprise From Montell Jordan
Justin Timberlake Shares 'Trolls' Soundtrack List: Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani, James Corden and More
David Bowie Plaque Unveiled in Berlin
Watch Coldplay and James Corden's Prince Tribute
Black Keys Frontman Sued Over Howlin' Wolf Documentary
Remembering Lou Pearlman: The Ponzi Schemer Who Spawned the Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync and More
Jazz Harmonica Great Toots Thielemans Dies at 94
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
Terry Kinney will direct the Broadway revival for Roundabout Theatre Company, beginning performances Feb. 16.
'Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour': Theater Review
'Billy Elliot' creator Lee Hall tackles a wilder kind of teen escapism in this riotous stage musical about a choir of foul-mouthed Catholic schoolgirls on the hunt for sex, booze and excitement.
'Troilus and Cressida': Theater Review
In the summer's second Shakespeare in the Park production, the Public Theater tackles this rarely performed play set during the Trojan War, with a cast that includes Louis Cancelmi, Corey Stoll and John Glover.
- New York Theater Community Mourns James Houghton
- 'Cats': Theater Review
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two': Theater Review
Viacom Veteran Carole Robinson to Lead Communications at BuzzFeed (Exclusive)
Comcast's Watchable Debuts First Slate of Exclusive Series
Univision to Pay Gawker's Nick Denton $16,666 a Month Not to Compete
How 'Kubo and the Two Strings' Combines Origami, Digital Effects and a 16-Foot Puppet
- Hollywood Reacts to Ryan Lochte Robbery Lie With Jokes, Outrage
- BAFTA Forms Virtual Reality Advisory Group
- Twitter Suspended 235,000 Terrorism-Related Accounts Over Last Six Months