Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Black Celebrities Must "Be Fearless and Relentless in Speaking Up" Against Trump (Guest Column)
Cabinet nominees such as Ben Carson at HUD ("like picking Elmer Fudd to run NASA") mean that prominent African-Americans need to advocate for their community: "Hope is not a strategy."
Amazon's Film Chief on Sundance Buying Plans, Rival Netflix and Apple's Possible Movie Play
Jason Ropell also opens up about 'Manchester by the Sea's' success, the challenge in releasing original films and how the executive team makes decisions.
'Logan' Trailer: Wolverine Brings Out the Claws One Last Time
Hugh Jackman is back in the sequel.
People’s Choice Awards 2017: 10 Most Memorable Moments
Ellen DeGeneres became a record-holder with her 20th win, Tyler Perry received a humanitarian gong for his charity work and Dwayne Johnson gave Kevin Hart the middle finger during his acceptance speech.
- PETA Calls for Boycott of 'A Dog’s Purpose' After On-Set Video Surfaces
- First Clip of Netflix's 'Casting JonBenet' Shows Girls Auditioning to Play JonBenet Ramsey
- Samantha Bee Presents Her Ode to Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s "Omnipresent Spokescobra"
- Twitter Users Mock Trump's Photo "Writing" His Inaugural Address
- Google Co-Founder: Davos World Economic Forum Is Like Burning Man "Except We're All Wearing Clothes"
- Constance Wu: Why I'm Going to the Women's March on Washington (Q&A)
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Al Gore reveals his 11-year journey to 'An Inconvenient Sequel' and his ongoing private talks with Trump: "I won't get into the details. I don't want the Russians to hack it."
- Al Gore on His 'Inconvenient Truth' Sequel, Private Donald Trump Talks, "Consoling" Hillary Clinton
- Sundance Hot List: 17 Movies That Will Sell
- Norman Lear: Why Do People Fall For Fake News? (Guest Column)
- Oscars Producer Welcomes Meryl Streep-Like Political Speeches: "Spontaneity Helps These Shows"
- Gavin Polone on Meryl Streep's Globes Speech and How Hollywood Can Learn to Live Under Trump
Sundance Hot List: 17 Movies That Will Sell
Don't expect another $17.5 million sale like the one for 'The Birth of a Nation,' but Dee Rees' 'Mudbound' and Danny Strong's J.D. Salinger biopic are among the films that already have buyers worked up.
- Judge Reinhold Pleads No Contest to Disorderly Conduct in Dallas Airport Dispute
- Berlin Festival Adds Digitally-Restored 'Terminator 2,' 'Annie Hall'
- 'Game of Thrones' Casting Director Shares Her Most Memorable Hollywood Discoveries
- Annette Bening on Identifying With Virginia Woolf, "Insecurity and Fear" That Never Goes Away (Q&A)
- Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League Producing International Horror Anthology 'The Field Guide to Evil'
- 'Power Rangers' Trailer: Bryan Cranston Delivers the Speech Every Teen Hero Should Hear
- Box-Office Preview: 'Split,' 'xXx: Xander Cage' to Lead Inauguration Weekend
- Sundance: 5 Fresh Faces (Including an 86-Year-Old) Poised to Break Out
- Rapid Round: Edgar Ramirez on McConaughey’s 'Gold' Diet and Netflix's Groundbreaking 'Bright' (Q&A)
- Warburg Pincus Buys 14 Percent Stake in India's Largest Cinema Chain for $120M
'Scandal' Sets Darby Stanchfield-Directed Web Series Ahead of Season 6 (Exclusive)
Monica Lewinsky Saga in the Works as 'American Crime Story' Season (Exclusive)
'This Is Us' Renewed for Second and Third Seasons at NBC
Comedy Central Sets First Local Production in Middle East
Esquire Network Cable Channel to Shutter, Will Relaunch as Digital Brand
'Will and Grace' Revival Officially a Go at NBC
'Star Trek: Discovery' Delayed Again as Spock's Father Is Cast
'Major Crimes' Renewed for Sixth Season at TNT
NBC's 'The Wall' Scores 20-Episode Pickup
There Will Be a Key 'Ugly Betty' Reunion on NBC's 'Superstore'
Jerry Seinfeld Teams With Netflix for Two Stand-Up Specials, More 'Comedians in Cars'
'Fargo' Enlists Hamish Linklater for Season 3 (Exclusive)
Sheryl Sandberg: "People Don’t Want to See Hoaxes on Facebook, and We Don't Want to Either"
The social media giant is committed to addressing fake news, the COO tells the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Chris Milk, Spike Jonze Creating Virtual Reality Film as Part of New FoxNext/Within Partnership
Additionally, the first VR project under the content deal will be a ‘Planet of the Apes’-themed experience.
Paul McCartney Sues Sony to Regain Rights to Beatles Songs
Sony/ATV is the defendant and could be primed to make a defense similar to the one being used against Duran Duran.
Netflix Reports Its Strongest Subscriber Growth in History
The streaming giant now has 93.8 milion members.
- Former Sen. Barbara Boxer Signs With CAA
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Says "Open-Minded, Listening" Donald Trump Should Be Given "Some Time"
- DGA Executive Director Jay Roth Stepping Down
Octavia Spencer Named 2017 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year
The 'Hidden Figures' actress will be roasted by the Harvard student theatrical group Jan. 26.
Publicists Guild Nominations Revealed
The awards will be handed out Feb. 24.
Grammys: John Legend, Metallica, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban to Perform
James Corden hosts the Feb. 12 awards show at the Staples Center.
Oscars Producer Welcomes Meryl Streep-Like Political Speeches: "Spontaneity Helps These Shows"
"I don't like this attitude that just because someone's a celebrity, their right of free speech is taken away," says Michael De Luca, who isn't opposed to onstage activism even if many viewers and advertisers might wince and others fear movie fans saying, "I can't watch those damn people."
- David Bowie, Rihanna, Little Mix Score Nominations for 2017 Brit Awards
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery Sets Partnerships With the Academy, Sundance Institute
- SAG Awards: Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton to Present Lily Tomlin With Life Achievement Honor
- Thelma Schoonmaker, Janet Ashikaga to Get ACE Career Achievement Honors
- Xavier Dolan's 'It's Only the End of the World' Leads Canadian Screen Award Film Nominations
- Feinberg Forecast: Oscar Standings During a Week of Purgatory
- Curzon to Get BAFTA Award for "Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema"
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Ryan Reynolds ('Deadpool')
Top Designers, Hollywood Stylists Say "No Thanks" to Dressing Melania Trump for Inauguration
Marc Jacobs declined, while Tommy Hilfiger and Diane von Furstenberg both said they would dress her — and Ralph Lauren is predicted to be one of the First Lady-elect’s inaugural fashion designers.
Spot the Resemblance Between Dolce & Gabbana Models and Their Famous Family Members
8 Menswear Must-Haves to Channel Robert Redford's Sundance Style
No Biz, Like Faux Biz
About Last Night: Janelle Monae's Tuxedo Dress; Jessica Biel's Look of Love
About Last Night: Elle Fanning's Simple Ivory Stunner; Sienna Miller Sparkles in Gucci
The Best-Dressed Dudes at the Golden Globes
See All the Golden Globes After-Party Looks
#CoupleGoals: The Cutest Pairs on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
Golden Globes: The Best Behind-the-Scenes Moments on Instagram
Kanye West Not Invited to Perform at Trump Inauguration
Kanye's music wasn't right for the "typically and traditionally American event," according to the inaugural committee.
Quincy Jones' Royalties Dispute With Michael Jackson Estate Inches Toward Trial
Azealia Banks Says She "Would Love" to Perform at Donald Trump's Inauguration
Kesha Opens Up About the Effects of Dr. Luke Lawsuit in Emotional Interview
Alanis Morissette Manager Admits to Stealing Nearly $5M From Singer
Beyonce Supports Women's March on Washington: "We Can Make Our Voices Heard"
Janelle Monae to Perform at Women's March on Washington
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
'The Tempest': Theater Review
Director Phyllida Lloyd's trilogy, reimagining Shakespeare's classics as the performances of female prison inmates, concludes with 'The Tempest.'
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
'The Present': Theater Review
Richard Roxburgh plays a philandering schoolteacher and Cate Blanchett the love that slipped through his fingers in Andrew Upton's post-perestroika update of Chekhov's first play, which comes to Broadway from Sydney Theatre Company.
Mark Ruffalo Steps Into Broadway's 'The Price'
The Oscar-nominated actor will join the cast of Roundabout Theatre Company's Arthur Miller revival, replacing John Turturro, who has bowed out due to his filming schedule.
Broadway Celebrates New Year With Record Weekly Grosses
'Hamilton,' 'Wicked' and 'The Lion King' all soared past $3 million, with a host of other $1 million-plus earners pushing the overall total close to $50 million for the history-making week.
- 'Mean Girls' Musical on Track for Fall 2017 World Premiere
- Hollywood Stories Can Offer "Moral Intervention" as Americans Lose Trust in Media (Guest Column)
- Inside President Obama's Final Hours in the White House
Sofia Vergara Teams With TV Veteran For Digital Venture Raze
The company will debute a mobile platform for Latin-centric stories later this year.
Sundance: Digital Series 'Pineapple' Acquired by Blackpills
The project, from Adaptive Studios, will be one of the first offerings on the new streaming service.
Thrillist Parent Group Nine Media Appoints Richard Beckman, Suzanne Kolb to Executive Roles (Exclusive)
Beckman was previously CRO at Vice Media and Kolb hails from Group Nine investor Discovery.
Is Apple Getting Serious About Original Content?
"They really are trying to figure it all out," says one insider about the company's dive into producing movies and TV shows, starting with the upcoming Dr. Dre series 'Vital Signs.'
- ATTN: Launches Interview Series With George Takei, Gavin Newsom (Exclusive)
- YouTube's Susanne Daniels on 'Gilmore Girls' Jealousy and Her Worst 'SNL' Experience
- Tencent Partners on China Release of 'La La Land'