TV Ratings: Oscars Drop Again in Early Numbers
The longest Academy Awards telecast in a decade culminated in a surreal mix-up over the best picture winner.
Oscars: A Closer Look at the Results That Were Overshadowed By the Best Picture Confusion
THR's awards columnist tries to make sense of the actual results, including what's behind one of the biggest upsets in Oscar history.
Oscars Accountants Apologize for Snafu, Vow to "Investigate How This Could Have Happened"
The spotlight is now on PricewaterhouseCoopers, which has overseen the Academy's ballot-counting process for 83 years.
Critic's Notebook: Bill Paxton Was A Mainstream Team Player With A Wild Cult Side
The Texas-born star of 'Aliens', 'Titanic,' 'Twister,' 'Apollo 13' and 'Big Love' leaves a much deeper legacy than his James Cameron connections may suggest.
- Oscars' Second Snafu: In Memoriam Segment Showed Still-Alive Producer
- Oscar Photos: Executives (and Their Dates) on the Red Carpet
- The 89th Academy Awards: TV Review
- Oscars: How the Wrong Envelope Triggered a Best Picture Fiasco
- Oscars 2017: The Complete Winners List
- Oscars: 'Moonlight' Wins Best Picture in Stunning Upset After Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway Flub Winner
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Why the Oscars Still Matter
By Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Cuban, Liza Minnelli, Matt Damon, Dakota Johnson, Olivia de Havilland, Michael Ovitz, Neil deGrasse Tyson and more
- 19 Hollywood A-Listers on Why the Oscars Still Matter (and One Who Says They Don't)
- Narcissism Expert Analyzes Trump's Tweets About the Oscars: He Wants to Be Respected by Hollywood (Guest Column)
- Oscars 2017: Who Will Win, Who Should Win
- I Was Carrie Fisher's 1978 Oscar Date: Spielberg, Lucas and a 3 a.m. Afterparty With John Belushi
- Oscar Winner John Irving Urges Hollywood to Get Political With "Outright Bias" in Acceptance Speeches (Guest Column)
Oscars 2018 Predictions: Way-Too-Early Best Picture Picks
Christopher Nolan's World War II epic 'Dunkirk,' Sundance standout 'Mudbound' and a sci-fi comedy from Alexander Payne might be in the spotlight next year.
- Oscars: Amid Confusion, 'Moonlight' Named Best Picture in a Celebration of Diversity
- Oscars Snubs: 'Hidden Figures,' 'Lion,' 'Hell or High Water' Shut Out
- Oscars: Watch All the Performances
- Oscars: Watch All the Winners' Acceptance Speeches
- Oscars "In Memoriam": Garry Shandling, Robert Vaughn Among Snubs
- Oscars: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress for 'La La Land'
Production on CBS' 'Training Day,' Starring Bill Paxton, Has Already Been Completed
Amazon Picks Up Arctic Noir Series 'Fortitude' (Exclusive)
Katherine Heigl Starrer 'Doubt' Canceled at CBS After 2 Episodes
'Girls' Team Discusses Sexual-Consent Episode, Downplays Bill Cosby Comparisons
'Nashville' Shocker Explained: Connie Britton Opens Up About Devastating Ending
ABC's Longtime Head of Marketing Marla Provencio to Exit
Meet TV's First Non-Binary-Gender Character: Asia Kate Dillon of Showtime's 'Billions'
Cress Williams Set as 'Black Lightning' for The CW's Greg Berlanti DC Drama
'Nashville' Showrunner Opens Up About Losing Connie Britton
'Bates Motel' Star Freddie Highmore to Topline ABC's David Shore Drama
Matthew Broderick to Star in Ryan Murphy's 'Katrina: American Crime Story'
Lauren Graham to Star in Fox Comedy 'Linda From HR'
Rep Sheet Roundup: CAA Signs Alumna of Ryan Murphy, Warner Bros. Directing Programs
THR’s at-a-glance look at the week in representation news
AT&T Entertainment CEO Touts Rising Importance of Content
"We just cannot envision a future where AT&T is relevant if we don't directly participate in some of the water flowing through our pipes," says John Stankey at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
Discovery Buys 20 Percent Stake in Digital Cycling Video Firm Play Sports Group
"We are excited to deepen our position as Home of Cycling even further," says Peter Hutton, CEO of Discovery's Eurosport.
Sony’s PlayStation VR System Sells 915,000 Units Worldwide
Sales have exceeded expectations, making the Japanese company’s system the most popular virtual reality offering and leading to shortages.
- Jodie Foster at UTA Rally: "It's Time to Show Up. It's Time to Engage"
- Italian Prosecutors Probe Vivendi Over Alleged Stock Manipulation (Report)
- Patty Freedman, Publicist and Former Actress, Dies at 64
Oscars: Steve Harvey Tells Warren Beatty, "Call Me," After Best Picture Snafu
"Went to sleep early last night. So... what I miss?" the 'Family Feud' host joked.
Oscars: 'Moonlight's' Best Picture Win Is Most Tweeted Moment of the Night
The shocking best picture mix-up and subsequent reveal was the most talked-about moment on both Facebook and Twitter.
11 Past Oscars Screw-Ups and Other Awards Show Flubs
From announcing the wrong winner at the Oscars to technical difficulties at the Grammys, these are 11 memorable awards show mistakes.
Best Picture Mixup at the Oscars: See the Onstage Reactions
Chaos ensued after Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway announced the wrong best picture winner on Sunday.
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'When We Rise' Transgender Star Ivory Aquino Fights to "Share My Story"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Oscars 2017: Red Carpet Photos
The 89th annual awards ceremony — hosted by Jimmy Kimmel — takes place at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Feb. 26.
Ariana Grande, Future's 'Everyday' Music Video Applauds All Kinds of Love
Young, old, black, white, gay and straight couples get seriously close in the music video for the 'Dangerous Woman' track.
Oscars: "City of Stars" From 'La La Land' Wins Best Original Song, Lyricist Dedicates to "All the Kids Who Sing and Write"
Michael Jackson's Mother Enters Estate Legal Fray
Judge Tosses Song-Stealing Suit Against Real-Life 'Glee' Show Choir
Beyonce Shows Support for Transgender Students Following Trump's Executive Order
Coachella Ticket Prices Drop 12 Percent After Beyonce Cancellation
Beyonce Cancels Coachella Performance, Will Headline 2018 Festival
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Chained To The Rhythm
Katy Perry Featuring Skip Marley
'Sunday in the Park With George': Theater Review
Reprising their roles on Broadway after an acclaimed concert staging, Jake Gyllenhaal and Annaleigh Ashford burrow deeper into the landmark musical about making art by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine.
'Fun Home': Theater Review
The 2015 Tony Award winner for best musical arrives at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles with a strong touring company amid Trump administration attacks on LGBT rights.
'If I Forget': Theater Review
Kate Walsh returns to the New York stage in this new drama by 'Dear Evan Hansen' book writer Steven Levenson, in which a family struggles with personal and political issues.
'Kid Victory': Theater Review
A teenager struggles to live with the aftermath of a horrific crime in this new musical by legendary composer John Kander, of 'Chicago' and 'Cabaret' fame, and playwright Greg Pierce.
'Finding Neverland': Theater Review
Billy Harrigan Tighe and Christine Dwyer star at the Hollywood Pantages Theatre in Harvey Weinstein's touring production of the Broadway musical about playwright J.M. Barrie and his magical creation Peter Pan.
- Bill Paxton's Most Memorable Film and TV Roles
- Oscars: 'Night Before' Party Raises $5 Million to Benefit MPTF
- Muhammad Ali's Son Detained at Airport, Asked "Are You Muslim?"
Narcissism Expert Analyzes Trump's Tweets About the Oscars: He Wants to Be Respected by Hollywood (Guest Column)
Along with "fake news" and "low-life leakers," the Academy Awards have been the target of some of Donald Trump's most withering tweets. The author of 'The Narcissism Epidemic' suspects that behind the bluster is a yearning to be taken seriously by Tinseltown.
Disney Lays Off 80 From Maker, Digital Media Unit Amid Restructuring
Maker Studios' talent network, which at one time grew to 55,000 creators, also is being slimmed down.
Oscars: Amazon Scores Multiple Wins for Streaming Service
Netflix, meanwhile, won an Oscar for its documentary short 'The White Helmets.'
Oscars: Meet the Man Responsible for the Live Sound
Paul Sandweiss describes a busy week of rehearsals and says he "won't censor anything."
- Fox Says Netflix Dispute May Disrupt Business Operations at Highest Level
- Warner Bros. Settles Lawsuit Against Talent Agency for Distributing Oscar Screeners
- Brian Robbins to Step Down as AwesomenessTV CEO (Exclusive)