Little People, Big Woes in Hollywood: Low Pay, Degrading Jobs and a Tragic Death
Since 'The Wizard of Oz,' the short-in-stature have flocked to L.A., where work can be found in jobs ranging from human lawn jockey to mini Donald Trump. But the recent death of a 4-foot-1 cabaret act known as 'Mini Kim Kardashian' reveals the uncomfortable reality of how slowly things have evolved since the days of the freak show.
Penn State Alumni Pen Open Letter in Support of Nate Parker
The statement from four former Penn State students expresses their dissapointment with "the gross and blatant misinformation campaign regarding the events that took place during that time period."
Leslie Jones Website Hack Being Investigated by Homeland Security, FBI Says
The FBI field office in New York said the agency is not involved in the investigation.
Michael Wolff on Viacom's Future Post-Philippe Dauman: 5 Key Scenarios
A CBS merger? Don’t bet on it as Shari Redstone and her new board (and Michael Eisner as CEO!?) weigh everything from major investment to selling off one or both companies.
- Venice Film Festival Cancels Opening Gala After Italy Earthquake
- Broad Green Brothers Gabriel and Daniel Hammond Reveal Shift to Bigger Films and 'Bad Santa 2' Plans
- Kim Masters: My Battles With CAA's Michael Ovitz and the Truce That Never Was
- Viacom Top Lawyer's Fate Highly Uncertain After Months of Corporate Infighting
- 37 of Fall's Most Anticipated Movies
- 'Suicide Squad' Creator on Movie's Harsh Reviews and How the Bush Era Inspired New Comic
Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
The Magical Realms Of Marvel's 'Doctor Strange' Look Strangely Familiar
- Toronto: Brian De Palma, Zhang Ziyi, Mahamat-Saleh Haroun Join Competition Jury
- 'Floyd Norman: An Animated Life': Film Review
- 'Southside With You' Director on Where His Obama Date Movie Fits in the Current Presidential Race
- John Krasinski and James Corden Spoof 'Gone With the Wind,' 'A Few Good Men' and More Movies
- 'White Girl' Exclusive Clip: Morgan Saylor's NYC College Girl Gives in to Temptation
- Bryan Singer, Peter Rice Talk FX's 'Legion,' Start of 'X-Men' Movie Franchise
- Baltasar Kormakur’s 'The Oath,' Xiaogang Feng's 'I Am Not Madame Bovary' Join San Sebastian Competition
- Oscars: Germany Selects 'Toni Erdmann' for Foreign-Language Category
- Andrea Jaffe, Influential Hollywood Publicist, Dies at 66
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Hank Azaria ('Ray Donovan')
Britney Spears TV Movie Set at Lifetime (Exclusive)
Critic's Notebook: 'Nashville' With Less Connie Britton? Why Would Anybody Want That?
'Mr. Robot' Star Carly Chaikin Talks Darlene's Deadly Decision and Elliot's Surprising Absence
'Nashville': Connie Britton Eyes Reduced Role in CMT Revival
WGN America's 'Underground' Casts Its Harriet Tubman
Starz Renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for Season 4
'The Goldbergs' Goes '80s Behind the Camera With Directors Lea Thompson, Joanna Kerns (Exclusive)
'Nashville' Set for January Launch on CMT
BBC Strikes Deal for Seven Agatha Christie Adaptations
Sarah Paulson Becomes Latest Star to Board Ryan Murphy's FX Anthology 'Feud'
'The Departed' TV Series in the Works at Amazon
Ray Romano, Chris O'Dowd to Star in 'Get Shorty' TV Series at Epix
A Day in the Life of Hollywood's Little People: Warwick Davis, Verne Troyer and More
PMK*BNC Adds VP, Boosts Role of Another (Exclusive)
ITV Withdraws Takeover Offer for Entertainment One
Lindsay Lohan Demands $860,000, Audience With Putin for Russian TV Appearance
- Shane Smith: Selling Vice to Disney "Makes Sense for Us"
- "Blurred Lines" Creators Urge Appeals Court to Reverse Marvin Gaye Family's Trial Victory
- Rights Available! Rock Drummer's Battle With Cancer Detailed in Memoir
This Week’s Issue
"Why are we still talking about how women look?"
- Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
- Little People, Big Woes in Hollywood: Low Pay, Degrading Jobs and a Tragic Death
- Kim Masters: My Battles With CAA's Michael Ovitz and the Truce That Never Was
- Oscar Voters Ponder Nate Parker and 'Birth of a Nation': "I Would Not Go to the Movie"
- Michael Wolff: Why Univision's $135M Gawker Buy Is a Desperation Play for Millennials
Emmys 2016: Who Should Win, Who Will Win
Months of shoulda, coulda, woulda wind up here as final Emmy verdicts are in from THR’s awards analyst Scott Feinberg, who assesses what will win, and chief TV critic Tim Goodman, who shares what should win (hint: 'Game of Thrones' and 'Veep' are gonna clean up).
Emmys: Kevin Spacey Explains Why 'House of Cards' President Frank Underwood Would "Willingly Stand Behind" Trump
Bob Odenkirk, Thomas Middleditch and Courtney B. Vance also reveal which candidate their character would vote for in the presidential election.
Emmys: 'Veep,' 'House of Cards' Set Designers Reveal Secrets Behind Their Shows' Oval Offices
'Saturday Night Live' also tackled politics by re-creating the crowded Republican debates, which proved challenging: "There were so many candidates that we had a hard time squeezing them onto the set."
'Epic Rap Battles of History,' 'Oscar's Hotel' Tie With Most Nominations for 2016 Streamys
- New York Film Festival to Premiere 'Hamilton' Doc, Honor Kristen Stewart and Adam Driver
- Emmys: 'Games of Thrones' VFX Guru Reveals 'Battle of the Bastards' Secrets
- Emmys: How Diane Warren's 'Hunting Ground' Song is Empowering Sexual Assault Survivors
- Emmys: Martin Mull Talks First Nomination for 'Veep,' Imagines a Bob Bradley Spinoff
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Chris Pine on Style, Grooming and His New Country Western Vibe: "Anything That Makes Me Smile, You Know?"
The actor comes clean about what he looks for in a fragrance, whether he prefers a clean-shaven face or manly scruff and why he's been rocking those high-waisted pleated pants: "The tight jean thing has definitely run its course."
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
twenty one pilots
Hans Zimmer Scores Win in '12 Years a Slave' Copyright Lawsuit
Watch All of Britney Spears' MTV Video Music Awards Performances
Herb Alpert Gives $10.1 Million to Los Angeles Community College
Britney Spears Says She's Game for Super Bowl Halftime Performance
Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj to Perform at MTV VMAs
Jeanne Martin, Model and Ex-Wife of Dean Martin, Dies at 89
Prince's Paisley Park to Open for Public Tours in October
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
Terry Kinney will direct the Broadway revival for Roundabout Theatre Company, beginning performances Feb. 16.
'Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour': Theater Review
'Billy Elliot' creator Lee Hall tackles a wilder kind of teen escapism in this riotous stage musical about a choir of foul-mouthed Catholic schoolgirls on the hunt for sex, booze and excitement.
'Troilus and Cressida': Theater Review
In the summer's second Shakespeare in the Park production, the Public Theater tackles this rarely performed play set during the Trojan War, with a cast that includes Louis Cancelmi, Corey Stoll and John Glover.
- New York Theater Community Mourns James Houghton
- 'Cats': Theater Review
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two': Theater Review
President Obama Makes Virtual Reality Debut in Yosemite Experience
Refinery29 to Debut Female-Directed Short Film Series (Exclusive)
Amazon Takes Starz's 'American Gods' for U.K., Germany, Japan
Comedy Central Greenlights Series From Snapchat Breakout James Davis
- STX Entertainment Acquires Virtual Reality Producer Surreal
- Cincinnati Zoo Deactivates Twitter Account; Is "Not Amused" by Harambe Memes
- Viacom Veteran Carole Robinson to Lead Communications at BuzzFeed (Exclusive)