Watch THR's Documentary Roundtable on SundanceTV With 'O.J.,' 'I Am Not Your Negro,' 'Weiner' Filmmakers and More
Watch now: THR’s Documentary Roundtable airs this morning on SundanceTV. West Coast cable subscribers can tune in now on channel 625 on TWC in L.A.
Weekend Box Office: Matt Damon's 'The Great Wall' Crumbles With $21M U.S. Debut
'A Cure for Welness' is also bombing over the long Presidents Day weekend, leaving 'The Lego Batman Movie and 'Fifty Shades Darker' firmly in charge,
'Moonlight' Breakout Mahershala Ali in His Own Words: A Personal Journey From Childhood Upheaval to Spiritual Awakening
The supporting actor nominee reveals how his "melancholy" upbringing — including his parents' split when he was 3 and growing up around drug dealers — led him on a path to becoming Muslim and speaking out at the SAG Awards in the face of Trump's travel ban.
Paramount CEO Brad Grey to Exit After 12 Years
Paramount was last among the six major studios in market share in 2016 with only one movie, 'Star Trek Beyond,' cracking $100 million in domestic box office.
- 'Lion King' Remake Casts Donald Glover as Simba, James Earl Jones as Mufasa
- Norma McCorvey, "Jane Roe" in 'Roe v Wade' Case, Dies at 69
- 'Batman' Negotiations Break Down With Director Matt Reeves (Exclusive)
- Warren Frost, Who Played Doc Hayward on 'Twin Peaks,' Dies at 91
- Stephen King Anthology 'Castle Rock' From J.J. Abrams Set at Hulu
- Milo Yiannopoulos Tapped as Keynote Speaker at Conservative Political Action Conference (Exclusive)
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Oscar nominee Ali appears in two best picture contenders and may win for 'Moonlight' as he shares an emotional journey from childhood upheaval to a spiritual awakening to his 'I'm a Muslim' SAG awards speech in the face of Trump's ban
- 'Moonlight' Breakout Mahershala Ali in His Own Words: A Personal Journey From Childhood Upheaval to Spiritual Awakening
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: How 'La La Land' Misleads on Race, Romance and Jazz
- The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
- New England Patriots Super Bowl Hero's Life Story to Be Told in Biopic (Exclusive)
- Clive Davis' Grammy Party Class Photo: Jennifer Hudson, Chance the Rapper, DNCE and More (Exclusive)
'Skins' ('Pieles'): Film Review | Berlin 2017
Spanish director Eduardo Casanova's debut 'Skins,' a dark soap opera peopled with physically challenged characters, played in Berlin's Panorama sidebar.
- Berlin: Hungarian Love Story 'On Body and Soul' Wins Golden Bear Award
- Berlin: Aki Kaurismaki Wins Best Director for 'The Other Side of Hope'
- 'Emo: The Musical': Film Review | Berlin 2017
- Berlin: Watch the Award Ceremony for the 66th Berlinale Live Stream
- Berlin: 'I Am Not Your Negro' and 'Insyriated' take Audience Awards
- Berlin: 'On Body and Soul' Takes Critics, Audience Honors
'Walking Dead' Grad Michael Cudlitz to Star in ABC Drama 'The Trustee'
Busy Philipps to Star in Tina Fey-Produced NBC Comedy 'Sackett Sisters'
'Workaholics' Star to Topline NBC's Mindy Kaling/Charlie Grandy Comedy
'The Good Fight': Meet the New Faces on 'The Good Wife' Spinoff
'Nashville': Is This the End for Connie Britton?
Could 'Scandal' Feature the First Openly Gay President?
Anna Deavere Smith, Britne Oldford to Star in Shondaland Legal Drama
Chelsea Handler's Netflix Talk Show Moves to Weekly Format for Season Two
Chris Colfer to Star in Sci-Fi TV Drama 'Indigo' (Exclusive)
Ryan Murphy Reveals 'American Horror Story' Will Tackle 2016 Presidential Election
'Good Fight': "Trumpian Universe" and CBS All Access Push 'Good Wife' Spinoff Into New Territory
'American Horror Story' Season 7: All the Details (So Far)
The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
Paramount re-evaluates Brad Grey's influence as industry upheavals alter internal politics all over town and committees become the norm. Gripes one producer, "You used to know whom to appeal to — and now you're not sure."
Buzzfeed Has a List of Reasons Why It Shouldn't Lose Lawsuit Over "Bullsh*t News"
Yes, a court will soon be dealing with the finer points of calling someone a perpetrator of fake news.
'American Idol' Relaunch Clears One Hurdle
A judge signs off on a FremantleMedia deal memorializing an intention among producers to seek distribution for a reboot.
'Game of Thrones' Star Natalie Dormer Joins Australian Period Drama 'Picnic at Hanging Rock'
The limited series, being made for Foxtel, is a reimagining of Peter Weir’s 1975 classic film of the same name.
- David Letterman's Production Company Beats Lawsuit From Royalty Collector
- Roman Polanski Seeks to Have Prosecutor's Testimony Unsealed
- SiriusXM Wins New York Case Over Pre-1972 Sound Recordings
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Legion' Star Rachel Keller's Big Break From Food Trucks to 'Fargo'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Patti Cake$' Star Danielle Macdonald Goes From Lost TV Role to Sundance Breakout
Feinberg Forecast: The Final Round of Oscar Voting Is Underway
THR's awards analyst updates his picks in the aftermath of the BAFTA, USC Scripter, Art Directors Guild, Society of Camera Operators, NAACP Image and Grammy awards.
‘La La Land’ Composer to be Feted at L.A. Italia Fest
Justin Hurwitz will receive the Song of the Year Award Sunday night.
'La La Land' Composer Justin Hurwitz Celebrates the "Great," "Long Process" Behind the Movie's Music
“There were so many moving parts, that the challenge was to just keep everything in check and to keep my eye on a million things at the same time," music supervisor Steven Gizicki told THR. "I absolutely loved being part of this film and being part of the firm belief in the vision of what Damien [Chazelle] wanted to do, and going to work every day for the last two years and accomplish that is amazing.”
Oscars: 'Jackie's' Composer Scored Film Before Seeing It
And that's just one tale shared as the nominated composers behind 'Passengers,' 'La La Land,' 'Lion' and 'Moonlight' also dish on the inspiration behind their process.
All the Power Pantsuits From New York Fashion Week
Pantsuits, perhaps inspired by former democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, were the dominant trend on the fall 2017 runways. The best from Thom Browne, Rosie Assoulin, Jason Wu and more.
- Cover Girl Male Ambassador's Racist Tweet Is Not Pretty
- From Puffer Jackets to Sensible Shoes, The Top Runway Trends From New York Fashion Week
- 6,000 Kobe Beef Burgers and 250 Maine Lobsters: The Post-Oscar Governors Ball by the Numbers
- #SOCIALGATHERING: What Designer Topped Twitter During NYFW; Which Show Did Tiffany Trump Crash?
See Every Look from Yeezy Season 5
Yellow Is A Major Trend on the NYFW Runways
Grammy Awards: Red Carpet Photos
All the Stars in Calvin Klein's A-List Front Row
The Front Row at New York Fashion Week
See Every Look From Raf Simons' First Calvin Klein Collection
All the Looks from the amfAR Gala
Aaron Carter Attacked at Concert After Being Accused of Racial Remark
The singer was reportedly attacked onstage by a fellow musician during a performance on Friday night.
Michael Jackson's Ex-Manager Takes the Stand in Tax Trial
'Moana' Deleted Songs and Scenes Detail Cut Brothers, Maui's Past
With 'Dear Evan Hansen,' Broadway Charts Two Albums in Top 20 for First Time in Decades
Guild of Music Supervisors Awards: The Complete Winners List
Ed Sheeran Celebrates Birthday by Dropping New Song
Logo Sets Premiere Date for 'Strike a Pose' Doc (Exclusive Video)
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
'Evening at the Talk House': Theater Review
A first-rate cast including Matthew Broderick, and Michael Tucker and Jill Eikenberry of 'L.A. Law,' appear in Wallace Shawn's dystopian drama receiving its New York premiere.
'Man From Nebraska': Theater Review
Tony Award-winner Reed Birney stars in the New York premiere of this 2003 play by Tracy Letts, author of 'August: Osage County.'
Off Script: Andre Holland Talks Broadway's 'Jitney' and 'Moonlight's' Impact on Oscars Diversity (Q&A)
"He doesn’t accept the role that the world is trying to give him," says Holland of his character. "I should do the same thing. It’s my civic duty to be involved, engaged and to fight for what I think is right."
'Zoot Suit': Theater Review
Director Luis Valdez leads Demian Bichir and stars from the original in this dazzling revival at the Mark Taper Forum, where the show premiered in 1978 before making history as the first Chicano Broadway musical.
Phillipa Soo Sings 'Times Are Hard for Dreamers' From Broadway's 'Amelie' Musical
The 'Hamilton' breakout stars opposite Adam Chanler-Berat in the new stage adaptation of the beloved 2001 French film.
- Shia LaBeouf Moves Anti-Trump Project to Albuquerque
- Ivan "The Russian Bear" Koloff, Professional Wrestler, Dies at 74
- Milo Yiannopoulos Talks Leslie Jones, Lena Dunham and Trump on 'Real Time': "All I Care About Is Free Speech"
Oscars: 'Silence' Cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto on His Partnership With Martin Scorsese
Nominated for a second Oscar this year, Prieto has worked closely with the legendary director on film and TV projects.
PewDiePie Apologizes for Anti-Semitic Comments, Calls Media Coverage an "Attack"
"This was a personal attack against me," the YouTube star says in the video.
'Hitman' Voice Actor on "Miscast" Timothy Olyphant and the Stars Who Almost Played Agent 47
"I just thought that when you took off his hair, he looked about 12 years old," says David Bateson, a 17-year veteran of the franchise.
UK eSports Network Ginx to Launch 24/7 TV Channel in Canada
In a North American first, Super Channel is going all-in with competitive video gaming by launching a linear and on-demand channel by this summer.
- Imax VR Inks Content Deals With Skydance, Ubisoft
- BuzzFeed Developing True-Crime TV Series With NBCU's Wilshire Studios
- SAG-AFTRA Launches New App for Members