CNN Chief Jeff Zucker Unveils Plan to Dominate Digital: New Shows, a $25M YouTuber and Donald Trump (Of Course)
Amid his feud with the president ("We all know the truth"), Zucker is taking his battle for TV news dominance online with a monthly audience of 100 million and a strategy to beat Vice and BuzzFeed, move stars like Anthony Bourdain and W. Kamau Bell to the web, and launch Casey Neistat, the vlog star he hired on the advice of his teen son.
Oscars Producer Michael De Luca Breaks Silence on Backstage Chaos: "It Was Like the Hindenburg"
An inside account from the "Oh my God!" moment of naming the wrong best picture ("you perceive things slowly as the adrenaline rises") to the Academy fallout yet to come.
Why Martin Scorsese's Next Movie Will Cost More Than $125M
'The Irishman,' the Oscar winner's first film for Netflix, which will star Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, is the real-life story of Frank Sheeran, a Teamsters official who confessed to killing Jimmy Hoffa.
Will Disney's Bob Iger Run for President in 2020? Hollywood Friends Are Nudging
Iger told THR in June that "a lot of people have urged me to seek political office," and now he's considering the prodding for him to lead the Democratic ticket.
- 'Moonlight's' Barry Jenkins: Here's the Oscar Speech I Would Have Given
- James Cameron Pens Moving New Tribute to Bill Paxton: "We Shared Many Adventures"
- TV Ratings: Trump's Congress Address Falls From Comparable Obama Speech
- 'Table 19': Film Review
- Casey Affleck Opens Up About Sexual Harassment Allegations: "Everyone Deserves to Be Treated With Respect"
- Critic's Notebook: Trump Delivers His Best Impression of a President in First Congressional Address
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Why the Oscars Still Matter
By Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Cuban, Liza Minnelli, Matt Damon, Dakota Johnson, Olivia de Havilland, Michael Ovitz, Neil deGrasse Tyson and more
- 19 Hollywood A-Listers on Why the Oscars Still Matter (and One Who Says They Don't)
- Narcissism Expert Analyzes Trump's Tweets About the Oscars: He Wants to Be Respected by Hollywood (Guest Column)
- Oscars 2017: Who Will Win, Who Should Win
- I Was Carrie Fisher's 1978 Oscar Date: Spielberg, Lucas and a 3 a.m. Afterparty With John Belushi
- Oscar Winner John Irving Urges Hollywood to Get Political With "Outright Bias" in Acceptance Speeches (Guest Column)
'Beauty and the Beast': Josh Gad Plays Disney's First-Ever Gay Character
The "nice, exclusively gay moment in a Disney movie" is a dedication to the animated film's late lyricist Howard Ashman.
- 'Twister' Director Fondly Recalls Working With Bill Paxton: "He Did His Own Stunts"
- Kurt Russell Pays Tribute to Bill Paxton: "He Was Never Complacent"
- 'Logan': Making Sense of Wolverine's Confusing History
- China's Latest Hollywood Megadeal Leaves a $100M Open Question
- Watch Brad Pitt as General Glenn McMahon in Teaser for Netflix Film 'War Machine'
- 'X-Men' Legend on Why He Wanted Bob Hoskins to Play Wolverine and 'Deadpool' Teamup Movie Rumors
'Training Day' Creator Remembers Bill Paxton: "He Swung for the Fences, Every Time"
'The Americans' Season 5 to Feature More Family Bonding
Kim Cattrall to Play U.S. President in Swedish Crime Series
'Dancing With the Stars' Cast Includes Simone Biles, Mr. T and...a Professional Dancer
'Better Call Saul' Season 3 Will Offer First Look at Saul Goodman
'Feud': How the Show-Stopping Opening Credits Came Together
Netflix Boards BBC Drama 'Troy' From 'Night Manager' Writer
TV Premiere Dates 2017: The Complete Guide
Jenna Fischer to Star in ABC's Emily Kapnek Comedy
Shemar Moore to Star in 'S.W.A.T' Reboot for CBS
Netflix Previews European Series 'Dark,' 'Suburra' and 'Cable Girls' in Berlin
ABC's Marvel Drama 'Inhumans' Finds its Black Bolt in Anson Mount
ITV Is a "Consolidator," Expects Better Year for U.S. Studio Arm, CEO Says
Adam Crozier on an earnings conference call also spoke about planned U.S. SVOD service BritBox, succession planning and how Brexit is affecting U.K. advertising.
Tribune Media Earnings Miss Estimates, Stock Rises on Report Sinclair Is Eyeing a Deal
The company recently said that Peter Liguori would step down as president and CEO, with Peter Kern serving as interim CEO.
Vice Media Strikes Slew of International Mobile Deals, Will Launch SVOD Service in Japan
They include direct-to-consumer, original production, licensing and Viceland programming agreements, particularly in the Asia Pacific region.
U.S. China Film & TV Industry Expo Sets Dates for Expanded Fourth Edition
The growing annual event, which brings together decision makers from the U.S. and Chinese entertaiment industries, will return to Los Angeles in late October.
- Ticket Broker Claims Hollywood's Gated Events Amount to an Antitrust Conspiracy
- L.A.'s Olympic Bid Enlists Major Studios for Supporting Role
- Judge Orders WME-IMG to Arbitrate Dispute Over Cam Newton's Nickelodeon Show
Oscars Best Picture Flub: Shirley MacLaine Says Warren Beatty Should Present Next Year for Redemption
“I think we’re all processing the horror of it," she said of her younger brother's moment. "It’s something to really think about: What if it happened to you?"
Warren Beatty Asks Academy President to Clarify Oscar Fiasco
"I feel it would be more appropriate for the president of the Academy, Cheryl Boone Isaacs, to publicly clarify what happened as soon as possible," said the actor.
Iranian TV Crudely Covers Up Charlize Theron For Local Oscars Broadcast
Anousheh Ansari, who accepted the Iranian foreign language Oscar win on behalf of Asghar Farhadi, was also hit by the censor's brush.
Why the Oscar Pundits Got It Wrong This Year
We all predicted that 'La La Land' would win best picture, and we all owe our readers a mea culpa.
- Jimmy Kimmel Recaps Oscars Snafu: "Clyde Threw Bonnie Under the Bus!"
- Oscars Accountants Offer Another Apology as Academy Launches Investigation of Snafu
- Trump Says Oscars Blunder Occurred Because Everyone Was Too Focused on Him
- Oscars Poll: What Was the Most Memorable Moment From the 2017 Show (After Best Picture Flub)?
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'When We Rise' Transgender Star Ivory Aquino Fights to "Share My Story"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
At Saint Laurent, Lots of Leather, Slouchy Boots and Sex Appeal
Anthony Vaccarello showed his sophomore collection on Tuesday evening.
Paris Fashion Week's Front Row
A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Making of Charlize Theron's Dior Gown
The Best Behind-the-Scenes Instagrams from the Oscars
See All the Looks From the Vanity Fair Oscar Party
Dynamic Duos: The Pairs That Stole the Show on the Oscars Red Carpet
The Most Showstopping Jewels at the Oscars
Glamour Girls: Oscar Night's Best Beauty Looks
London's Royal Albert Hall to Host 'Rogue One' Composer Michael Giacchino Retrospective (Exclusive)
The special event is being held to celebrate the Oscar, BAFTA, Golden Globe and Grammy-winning composer's 50th birthday.
'The Voice': Alicia Keys Knows How To Land Artists on Second Night of Blind Auditions
Rihanna Receives Harvard University's Humanitarian Award
Lady Gaga to Replace Beyonce at Coachella
Keri Russell Reminisces About 'Mickey Mouse Club' Days With Justin Timberlake on 'Tonight Show'
Eric Miller, Jazz Producer and Record Executive, Dies at 75
'The Voice' Season 12 Kicks Off With Gwen Stefani
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
That's What I Like
'Linda': Theater Review
A middle-aged female advertising executive finds her professional and personal life crumbling in Penelope Skinner's comedy-drama.
'Wakey, Wakey': Theater Review
Michael Emerson plays a man reflecting while the clock ticks on time, mortality and gratitude for life's lingering gifts in Will Eno's typically idiosyncratic little play about big questions.
'The Penitent': Theater Review
A psychiatrist's personal and professional life becomes threatened when he refuses to testify on behalf of a former patient in David Mamet's new drama.
'Dear World': Theater Review
Tyne Daly plays the leading role in this rare semi-staged concert presentation of Jerry Herman's 1969 flop musical.
'Sunday in the Park With George': Theater Review
Reprising their roles on Broadway after an acclaimed concert staging, Jake Gyllenhaal and Annaleigh Ashford burrow deeper into the landmark musical about making art by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine.
- Alec Baldwin Plans Satirical Trump Book
- Hollywood Lawyer Alan Hergott and Curt Shepard Donate 22 Artworks to MOCA
- Byron Allen's Gala Raises $1M for Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
YouTube to Launch Live TV Service
The service, YouTube TV, costs $35 per month.
AT&T Entertainment CEO Touts Rising Importance of Content
"We just cannot envision a future where AT&T is relevant if we don't directly participate in some of the water flowing through our pipes," says John Stankey at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
Sony’s PlayStation VR System Sells 915,000 Units Worldwide
Sales have exceeded expectations, making the Japanese company’s system the most popular virtual reality offering and leading to shortages.
Uber's Travis Kalanick Says He Must "Grow Up" After Video Surfaces of Outburst With Driver
"This is the first time I've been willing to admit that I need leadership help and I intend to get it," said the CEO to staff.
- Oscars: Amazon Scores Multiple Wins for Streaming Service
- Oscars: Meet the Man Responsible for the Live Sound
- Dan Abrams Launching Online Video Network Devoted to Live Court Trials