China's Wanda Plans to Invest Billions More in U.S. Entertainment Despite "Trade Tensions"
The conglomerate's billionaire chairman says in Davos that "trade will be affected by the tension between the two governments," but he doesn't expect to slow his Hollywood buying spree.
Galloway on Film: How Hollywood Failed Martin Luther King Jr.
King’s life story has been largely absent from the screen. It’s time for that to change.
'Game of Thrones' Star Maisie Williams Joins Aardman's 'Early Man' (Exclusive)
Eddie Redmayne and Tom Hiddleston have already been lending their voices to Nick Park's upcoming prehistoric animated feature.
Critic's Notebook: How HBO's 'The Young Pope' Is Fooling Us All
Yes, it's weird and funny and perfect meme fodder, but the HBO series starring Jude Law as an unconventional American pontiff has deeper issues on its mind.
- As Michael Lynton Exits, Will Sony Double Down on Hollywood or Sell?
- Lee Greenwood: It's a "Mistake" for Performers to Bail on Trump's Inauguration (Q&A)
- 'Is O.J. Innocent? The Missing Evidence': Experts Dig Into O.J. Simpson Son Theory
- TCA Winter Press Tour Day 11 Quotes: Ken Burns Brings Trent Reznor to PBS
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Ryan Reynolds ('Deadpool')
- TV Ratings: NFL Playoff Nabs 48.5 Million Viewers, Best Telecast Since Super Bowl
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Deal (Or No Deal) 2017
Shari Redstone puts the brakes on Viacom-CBS, AT&T awaits The Donald, Lionsgate and Starz say "I do": inside the wild scramble from Hollywood to Silicon Valley for size (and smarts) as the stakes get higher and the signposts blurrier. Says one banker, "It's going to be a rambunctious M&A market."
- Michael Wolff on Shari Redstone: Yes, She Does Have a Plan for Viacom
- Hollywood's Merger Mania: Inside the Studios' "Size Anxiety," Scramble to Match Silicon Valley
- A Dead Kangaroo, a Bleeding Pig: Hollywood's Top Animal Training Firm Hit With PETA Abuse Claims (Exclusive)
- Megyn Kelly, Greta Van Susteren Moves Force Fox News to Go Trumpier
- Martha MacCallum Steps Up as Fox News' (Only) Female Primetime News Anchor
Emir Kusturica Says He Rediscovered the "Universal Language of Cinema, Which Is Now Rarely Used"
'On the Milky Way,' the Serbian director and two-time Cannes winner's new film, brought audiences to tears at a festival near Belgrade, but failed to impress critics in Venice.
- Mark Hamill Records Donald Trump's John Lewis Twitter Rant as The Joker
- 'Jewel's Catch One': Film Review | Palm Springs 2017
- 'Force Awakens': Graphic Deleted Scene Shows Chewie Ripping Someone's Arm Off
- How 'O.J.: Made in America's' Director Found a Fresh Angle on the Simpson Murder Saga
- Berlin: Netflix's 'Chef's Table' Episodes to Premiere in Festival's Culinary Cinema
- Christopher Reeve's Superman Costume, Michael Keaton's Batsuit Up For Auction
'The Young Pope' Creator on Parallels to Donald Trump — and All Those Memes
Confirmed With Chicken: Gus Fring Is Coming to 'Better Call Saul'
'Sherlock' Ends Season 4 With U.K. Ratings Low, BBC Investigating Leak of Russian Version
AMC and BBC Reteam for John le Carre 'The Spy Who Came in From the Cold' Limited Series
It's Official: 'Portlandia' Renewed for Eighth and Final Season
Dakota Fanning to Star in TNT Drama Series 'The Alienist'
Louis C.K., Albert Brooks Animated Comedy Moves From FX to TBS With Series Order
'Big Little Lies' an Important Step for Women, Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman Say
Donald Trump Attacks 'SNL' Again: "Really Bad Television!"
Alec Baldwin Returns as Trump in 'SNL' Cold Open to Talk "Golden Showers," "Fake News"
AMC Greenlights James Cameron Docuseries About the Evolution of Sci-Fi
TNT's 'Good Behavior' Scores Season-Two Renewal
Donald Trump Tweet Mistakes U.K. Woman for Daughter Ivanka
"I did during the election have a Twitter box encouraging people to vote for Hillary [Clinton]," Ivanka Majic tells a British breakfast TV show co-hosted by Piers Morgan.
WME-IMG Signs CrossFit
The fitness brand has an estimated 4 million-plus adherents worldwide.
Rep Sheet Roundup: UTA Signs Singer-Turned-Chef Kelis
THR’s at-a-glance look at the week in representation news
South Korean Prosecutors Seek Arrest of Samsung Vice Chair
Jay Y. Lee is accused of bribery, entangling the world's largest smartphone maker in the Asian country's snowballing corruption scandal.
Robert De Niro Pens Letter to Meryl Streep Praising Golden Globes Speech: "It Needed to Be Said"
"I have so much respect for you that you did it while the world was celebrating your achievements," the actor wrote in the letter to his longtime friend and four-time co-star. "I share your sentiments about punks and bullies. Enough is enough."
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Vince Vaughn ('Hacksaw Ridge')
The fan favorite discusses breaking through in 'Swingers,' not being seen as funny until after 'Old School' and 'Dodgeball,' the intention of 'The Break-Up' ("I really designed it to go from comedy to drama"), his decade in the cold ("I didn't follow through") and his career-reboot in Mel Gibson's acclaimed war film.
LA Film Critics Association Awards: Big Night for 'Moonlight,' Other Indie Darlings
Supporting acting winners Mahershala Ali and Lily Gladstone gave emotional acceptance speeches, director winner Barry Jenkins spoke about the importance of "representation" and career achivement honoree Shirley MacLaine brought down the house with her remarks.
Palm Springs Film Fest: 'Toni Erdmann' Named Best Foreign-Language Film; 'When We Rise' Wins Audience Award
'When We Rise,' Gus Van Sant and Dustin Lance's Black's ABC miniseries about the gay rights movement, won the audience award for best narrative feature.
- Ryan Reynolds Shares 'Deadpool' "For Your Consideration" Video for Awards Season
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Viggo Mortensen ('Captain Fantastic')
- Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Director Roundtable With Mel Gibson, Denzel Washington and More
- 'Moonlight' Leads Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics' Dorian Award Nominations
Oprah's Wellness Diary: 24 Hours of Healthy Living (and Lots of Gratitude Journals)
The billionaire best-life guru reveals early morning elliptical routine, regular meditation sessions and — yes — "volumes and volumes of gratitude journals."
About Last Night: Janelle Monae's Tuxedo Dress; Jessica Biel's Look of Love
About Last Night: Elle Fanning's Simple Ivory Stunner; Sienna Miller Sparkles in Gucci
The Best-Dressed Dudes at the Golden Globes
See All the Golden Globes After-Party Looks
#CoupleGoals: The Cutest Pairs on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
Golden Globes: The Best Behind-the-Scenes Moments on Instagram
Top 10 Golden Globes Jewelry
Golden Globes: The Worst Dressed
Golden Globes: The Best Dressed
Controversial Michael Jackson Comedy Pulled by Sky Following Criticism From Family
"We set out to take a lighthearted look at reportedly true events and never intended to cause any offense," the company said about the episode of 'Urban Myths' featuring Joseph Fiennes as the late music star.
Sony's AXN Signs Deal for Second Season of 'Asia's Got Talent'
Springsteen Cover Band Pulls Out of Inaugural Event Following Criticism
Green Day Debuts New Anti-Trump Video Screed
Police: 5 Killed in Shooting at Mexico's Blue Parrot Nightclub During BPM Music Fest
Nick Cannon on Ex Mariah Carey's New Year's Eve Flub: "She Got a Little Flustered"
Why Jennifer Holliday Decided Against Performing at Trump's Inauguration (Q&A)
Chart: Hot 100
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
'The Present': Theater Review
Richard Roxburgh plays a philandering schoolteacher and Cate Blanchett the love that slipped through his fingers in Andrew Upton's post-perestroika update of Chekhov's first play, which comes to Broadway from Sydney Theatre Company.
Mark Ruffalo Steps Into Broadway's 'The Price'
The Oscar-nominated actor will join the cast of Roundabout Theatre Company's Arthur Miller revival, replacing John Turturro, who has bowed out due to his filming schedule.
Broadway Celebrates New Year With Record Weekly Grosses
'Hamilton,' 'Wicked' and 'The Lion King' all soared past $3 million, with a host of other $1 million-plus earners pushing the overall total close to $50 million for the history-making week.
'Mean Girls' Musical on Track for Fall 2017 World Premiere
Tina Fey is adapting her screenplay with composer husband Jeff Richmond and lyricist Nell Benjamin, while Tony winner Casey Nicholaw is attached to direct.
- Inside the Rock4EB! Fundraiser With Brad Pitt, Sting, Chatty Celebs and a Worthy Cause
- Rob Schneider Under Fire for MLK Tweet Aimed at John Lewis
- Piano Guys Say Their Inaugural Performance Isn't a Trump Endorsement
ATTN: Launches Interview Series With George Takei, Gavin Newsom (Exclusive)
After building up its audience on Facebook, video producer ATTN is expanding onto YouTube with 'Paying Attention.'
Donald Trump's Twitter Rant Against John Lewis Sparks 1.5M Mentions
Since the heated response surrounding Trump's tweets, ABC News reports that the president-elect has canceled his visit on Monday to the Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture due to "scheduling issues."
Tom Wheeler Hints at Coming Legal Efforts to Save Net Neutrality
The outgoing FCC chairman doesn't think his legacy will be overturned easily.
President Obama Gives 360-Degree White House Tour During Final Days in Office
The President and First Lady tour nine rooms of the White House in the video created for Facebook.
- AT&T Exec Meets With Donald Trump, Talks Job Creation
- Fullscreen Greenlights Originals From 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Shay Mitchell, Vlogger Andrea Russett
- Amazon Channels Rolls Out First Curated Subscription, Anime Strike