Critic's Notebook: Michael Moore, Ana Navarro Slam "Malignant" Trump on Van Jones' CNN Special
CNN political commentator Van Jones discussed the recent election with Trump voters and guests Rick Santorum, Republican strategist Ana Navarro and filmmaker Michael Moore.
Critic's Notebook: How 'Westworld' Saved HBO
Another drama failure would have been disastrous, but the fascinating sci-fi series became a much-needed momentum builder for a flagging HBO.
Michael Moore: "Majority of Americans Did Not Want Donald J. Trump"
“He has an ideology that he believes in, and it’s called Donald J. Trump," the filmmaker told CNN's Van Jones. "That’s what he’s going to make sure that he’s gonna take care of."
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Sting ('Jim: The James Foley Story')
The 65-year-old rock star reflects on how he got his nickname ("It was derisory"), why he disbanded The Police ("My intuition was telling me that that was the thing to do") and how, over Thanksgiving dinner, he came up with the song that could bring him his fourth Oscar nom.
- Oscars: What the Doc Shortlist Got Right and Wrong, and Which of the 15 Will Make the Final 5
- Whoopi Goldberg to Produce, Possibly Star in Harlem Racial Drama for Bravo (Exclusive)
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Cinematographer: "Nothing Happened During the Shooting"
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': The Comic Book History of Its Mystery Woman
- Cedric the Entertainer to Star in CBS Sibling Comedy
- Apple Music Hits 20 Million Subscribers, Execs Want "More, Faster — We're Hungry!"
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Interviews Denzel Washington and Viola Davis on Race, Family and 'Fences' in the Trump Era
Actress Roundtable: Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Taraji P. Henson and 4 More on Stage Fright, Onscreen Rape and How to Research Playing a Crack Addict
Megyn Kelly Gets Candid: "Dangerous" Roger Ailes, Her Trump Saga, That Offer and Why She Won't Call Herself a Feminist
Producer Frank Marshall on 'Jurassic World 2,' 'Assassin's Creed' and 'Bourne' Future
As 'Jason Bourne' hits Blu-ray, the filmmaker offers updates on his busy slate of projects.
- Pedro Almodovar on Being "Terrified" of Donald Trump's Presidency, How MoMA Retrospective is His "Future"
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Natasha Lyonne Joining Will Arnett in 'Show Dogs'
- 'Emily the Strange' Animated Movie in the Works at Amazon Studios (Exclusive)
- Michael Keaton's 'The Founder' to Get Early December Awards-Qualifying Run
- ‘Divorce French Style’ (‘Papa ou maman 2’): Film Review
- 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Fan Trailer Adds Fun 'Independence Day' Cameo
Marvel's 'Inhumans' Sets 'Dexter' Grad as Showrunner (Exclusive)
'This Is Us' Star Discusses Midseason Finale Reveal and William's Series Future
Courtney B. Vance-Felicity Huffman Comedy Picked Up to Pilot at ABC
Mario Van Peebles Drama 'Superstition' Scores Syfy Series Order
MTV and VH1 Set New Unscripted Team Under Nina L. Diaz (Exclusive)
'Westworld': Looking Ahead at Season 2's Expanding World
'Duck Dynasty' Producers Put on Leave at ITV Amid Fraud Investigation (Exclusive)
'Gilmore Girls' Revival: Rory's "Very Forgettable" Boyfriend Paul Speaks
'Westworld' Showrunners Explain Violent Finale, Set Up Season 2's Expanding World
'Westworld' Star Evan Rachel Wood Talks "Evil" Dolores Twist, Season 2
'This Is Us' Star Milo Ventimiglia Previews "Bloody" Christmas Midseason Finale
Explosive New 'Celebrity Apprentice' Poster Burns Old Boardroom to the Ground
Time Warner CEO Jeffrey Bewkes Says Democrats Were Bigger First Amendment Threat Than Trump
"The threat to the First Amendment came from the Democratic side more," he says, arguing that journalists viewed a Democratic plank "overly charitably" as campaign finance reform.
AT&T CEO Hopeful for Regulation Under Trump, Touts Strong Demand for DirecTV Now
Randall Stephenson tells the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference that the new streaming service hit its undisclosed December subscriber forecast on its first day.
Verizon CEO Talks AT&T-Time Warner, Content Strategy
At the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference in New York, Lowell McAdam was also asked about the regulatory outlook under a Trump administration.
DGA Announces Diverse Student Film Winners
AFI, Columbia and USC were among the schools represented in this year’s cohort of honorees.
- News Corp. CEO on Fake News Sites: "We've Gone From the Year of 'Mad Men' to Mad Metrics"
- Charter Doesn't Need to Buy a Content Company to Be Competitive, CEO Says
- Longtime UTA Publicity Chief Chris Day to Exit
- YouTube Reports $1 Billion Paid to Recording Industry Through Advertising This Year
- How a Refugee Comedy Became Germany's Sleeper Hit of 2016
- Supreme Court Throws Out $399M Judgment Against Samsung in iPhone Patent Dispute With Apple
- Chinese State Media Fires Back at Trump, Twitter Users Turn to Mockery
Actor Roundtable: Jeff Bridges, Casey Affleck and 4 More on "Brutal" Superhero Roles, Dream Second Careers
Six contenders — also including Mahershala Ali, Andrew Garfield, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dev Patel — on what it takes to play a real-life person, making a drug dealer likable, turning down parts and the agony of acting: "The very thing you love is the thing you hate."
Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel Jokes About Passing Out Weed on the Red Carpet
He also reveals his wife is pregnant with a second child.
Oscars: Jimmy Kimmel Pick a Sign of ABC Flexing Its Muscles in Wake of New Academy Deal
THR's awards analyst says the extension to ABC's TV rights deal with the Academy, reached back in August, may have come with an implicit understanding that the network's late-night star finally would get his shot.
Ryan Murphy to Be Honored by International Cinematographers Guild
He will receive the guild's Television Showman of the Year award.
- Grammys: Snubs and Surprises Include David Bowie, Alessia Cara and Beyonce in Rock
- Grammys: Beyonce Leads With 9 Nominations, Competes With Adele in Top Categories
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Adam Driver ('Paterson' and 'Silence')
- Feinberg Forecast: The Dust Settles After a Jam-Packed First Week of December
This Week’s Issue
Race, Family and the Trump Era
Denzel Washington and Viola Davis bring 'Fences,' the 'King Lear' of African-American plays, to film as a 33-year-old piece of art about "this tyrannical cycle" of prejudice in America takes on sudden urgency.
- Will Amazon Go Global to Challenge Netflix?
- Inside Steven Mnuchin's Hit-and-Miss Path From Hollywood to Treasury Secretary Pick
- Meet Steven Mnuchin's Actress-Author Fiancee
- MTV's New Chief on His Strategy to Lure Millennials
- 'Rogue One' Writer Tony Gilroy to Make Millions Off Reshoots
Fashion Awards 2016: Red-Carpet Arrivals
Lady Gaga, Gigi Hadid, Karlie Kloss and Jared Leto were among the famous faces showing their support for the industry's top designers at the awards ceremony in London.
About Last Weekend: Jessica Chastain Opts for Black and White; Jennifer Hudson Is a Glowing Goddess
Sheer, Short and Shiny: The Best Looks From the Victoria's Secret Afterparty
2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris Hair & Makeup and Backstage
About Last Night: Rihanna Goes Sporty in Fenty x Puma; Katy Perry's Winter White
Hollywood Hearts Dior
Haute (Hollywood) Holidays
All the Looks from Marion Cotillard's 'Allied' Press Tour
Exclusive Portraits of Rachel McAdams, Tracee Ellis Ross and More With Their Beauty Experts
Global Music Rights Takes Fire at Radio "Cartel"
Dueling antitrust claims could shake the music industry.
Jennifer Lopez Adds New Dates to Las Vegas Residency
Grammys: A Guide to Surprise Album of the Year Nominee Sturgill Simpson
The Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt Gets Personal for the First Time in '50 Song Memoir'
Why Familiar Faces Chance the Rapper, Anderson .Paak Lead Best New Artist Grammy Noms
Grammys: Sara Bareilles, Steve Martin Score Nominations for Broadway Musicals
Grammys Set Beyonce-Adele Showdown as Voters Embrace Pop Over Rock in Top Categories
Chart: Hot 100
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Side To Side
Ariana Grande Featuring Nicki Minaj
'The Babylon Line': Theater Review
Josh Radnor plays a reluctant writing teacher and Elizabeth Reaser his most gifted student in Richard Greenberg's memory play exploring the power and mysteries of storytelling in a time of social change.
'Merrily We Roll Along': Theater Review
Wayne Brady stars in this revival of the troubled Stephen Sondheim-Harold Prince collaboration, a showbiz musical that has long bedeviled audiences and experts alike.
'The Bodyguard': Theater Review
R&B star Deborah Cox headlines this musical adaptation of the hit 1992 Kevin Costner-Whitney Houston film, featuring 16 songs originally recorded by the late singer.
'Dear Evan Hansen': Theater Review
Ben Platt stars as a painfully insecure teenage outsider whose life is transformed by an inadvertent lie in this new emo-musical with a score by 'La La Land' lyricists Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
'A Bronx Tale': Theater Review
Robert De Niro and Jerry Zaks co-direct this musical version of Chazz Palminteri's one-man play about growing up in an Italian-American neighborhood, also turned into a 1993 film.
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Advances Broadway Plans
- 'Make Equality Reality' Gala Honors Feminist Activism and Artists
- Power Lawyer Kevin Morris Opens Up About New Novel: "I Left a Lot of Blood and Sweat on the Ground"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Goes From Indie Musician to Mind-Reading Witch
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
YouTube Red to Stream Horror Comedy '12 Deadly Days' From Blumhouse TV
The series will star Anna Akana, Burnie Burns, Brittany Furlan, Meghan Rienks and other online stars.
Donald Trump Invites Tech Leaders to Policy Summit (Report)
Trump adviser Peter Thiel signed the invitation alongside Reince Priebus and Jared Kushner.
Election, Olympics and Pokemon Go Top Twitter Trends of the Year
#Trump ranked No. 8 in top 10 global trending topics and a Hillary Clinton quote was one of the most shared tweets of the year.
AOL CEO Tim Armstrong "Cautiously Optimistic" Yahoo Acquisition Will Happen
The $4.8 billion deal hit a setback when Yahoo revealed a widespread hack affecting 500 million users.
- 4D Cinema Firm CJ 4DPlex Takes Aim at Virtual Reality Market With Simuline "Merger"
- How a Canadian Oliver Stone Fan Rescued the Director's Dot-Com Web Domain
- CBS and NFL Agree to Stream Football on All Access