Weekend Box Office: 'Ben-Hur' Crashes Chariot With $11.4M Opening
Holdovers 'Suicide Squad' and 'Sausage Party' stay No. 1 and No. 2, respectively; Natalie Portman's directorial debut, 'A Tale of Love and Darkness,' finally opens at the specialty box office, while 'Hell or High Water' continues to impress.
Rio Olympics Closing Ceremony: City Throws Final Party to End Games
Olympic athletes were smiling, dancing and taking selfies as they proceeded into Rio de Janeiro's iconic Maracana Stadium on Sunday night.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Eddie Murphy ('Mr. Church')
The enigmatic legend opens up in his first podcast interview about his hits and misses ("Any movie that I was in that they paid me a lot of money for was a f—ing smash"), the world today ("I haven't read a newspaper in 20 years ... I don't have email") and why he's returning to the big screen after a five-year absence — in a drama ("There was no pressure at all because there was no expectation").
Leonardo DiCaprio Backs Out of Hillary Clinton Fundraiser
The actor-activist says he won't host the event at his L.A. home due to a scheduling conflict and Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have stepped in as hosts. The Clinton campaign denies the decision is connected to questions DiCaprio and his foundation are facing over ties to a $3 billion embezzlement scheme.
- Ryan Lochte Apologizes to Matt Lauer, Says, "I Let My Team Down"
- Rio Olympics Closing Ceremony: Simone Biles Carries Flag for Team USA, Poses for Selfies With Athletes
- Lou Pearlman, Disgraced Backstreet Boys Impresario, Dies at 62
- Redstone Family Prevails in Fight for Viacom, Philippe Dauman to Exit
- Tom Cruise 'Mission: Impossible 6' Pay Dispute Halts Preproduction
- Ryan Kavanaugh Attacks Brett Ratner in Deleted Twitter Tirade
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
Michael Wolff on Hillary's "Self-Delusion," Trump's "S— Show" and the Media's Final, Frantic 100 Days
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
'Avengers: Infinity War' May Introduce a Much-Anticipated Hero, Directors Tease
"That's not to say we're not going to introduce a new character," Anthony Russo says of the 2018 Marvel movie.
- Oscar-Nominated Actor Demian Bichir to Make Directorial Debut at Mexico's Morelia Fest
- Paramount Names Peter Giannascoli as Co-President of Domestic Marketing
- 'Spaceman': Film Review
- ‘Never’: Film Review
- 'No Asylum: The Untold Chapter of Anne Frank's Story': Film Review
- Daniel Radcliffe Talks Going Undercover and Humanizing White Supremacists in 'Imperium' (Q&A)
This Week’s Issue
Oprah & Ava
The friends talk frankly about Hollywood inclusion (and please do NOT say "diversity"). "Everybody gets caught up in the hashtag," says Winfrey, whose 'Queen Sugar' series with DuVernay isn't an "education" — just a great story. "If you treat being black as a plight," says the director, "it impacts your creativity."
- Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
- How Ava DuVernay's 'Queen Sugar' Is Boosting Female Filmmakers
- Leonardo DiCaprio, the Malaysian Money Scandal and His "Unusual" Foundation
- 'Fast 8' to 'Criminal Minds': When On-Set Feuds Go Public
- Michael Wolff on the Murdoch Father-Sons Feud Over Fox News Post-Roger Ailes
'Fear the Walking Dead' Boss Breaks Down the Midseason Premiere and the Twists Ahead
Larry Wilmore Opens Up About 'Nightly Show' Early Exit, Saying Farewell and What's Next
'Mr. Robot' Creator Breaks Down Season 2 Reveal: "Now [Elliot] Can Be Set Free"
'Lost Boys' TV Reboot in the Works at CW From 'Veronica Mars' Creator
Amy Schumer Says Her Show Isn't Canceled
'Blindspot' First Look: Archie Panjabi Gets Into Gear (Exclusive)
TV Ratings: NBC's Rio Coverage Takes a Tumble on Wednesday
Thomas Gibson Speaks Out on 'Criminal Minds' Firing: "I'm Disappointed by What's Happened"
Marvel's 'Runaways' Scores Pilot Order at Hulu
Billy Crudup to Star Opposite Naomi Watts in Netflix Drama 'Gypsy'
'Walking Dead': How Many F-Bombs Does Negan Drop in Uncensored Finale?
Shad "Bow Wow" Moss Set to Host Spike's Musical Game Show 'Tracks'
German Box Office Dips 11 Percent in First Half of 2016
'Zootopia' and 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' were two of the biggest hits in the territory.
'Cafe Society' Becomes Woody Allen's Biggest Russian Box-Office Performer
The 1930s-period film is the year's highest-grossing U.S. indie movie in the country.
Why Shah Rukh Khan and Other Indian Celebrities Have Been Detained at U.S. Airports
In recent years, other well-known Indians who have faced U.S. immigration and security checks include actor Irrfan Khan and even a former Indian president, the late Abdul Kalam.
Fortissimo Bankruptcy: Indie Film Industry Reacts With Shock and Sadness
The 25-year-old art house veteran filed for insolvency protection Wednesday.
- Publicist Who Couldn't Keep Quiet Faces $300 Million Trial Over 'Rebecca' Scandal
- Paramount's 'Arrival' Gaffe Ignites Outrage in Hong Kong
- Ryan Lochte Enlists PR Guru Matthew Hiltzik in Brazil Brouhaha (Exclusive)
Feinberg Forecast: A Breakdown of the Comedy Series Nominees
From 'Black-ish' to 'Veep,' THR's awards guru analyzes the upside and downside of each contender's chances of winning the gold.
Emmys: Is There Too Much Variety in the Variety Talk Category?
Oscars: Romania Selects 'Sieranevada' for Foreign-Language Category
BAFTA Sets 2017 Film Awards Dates, Tweaks Rules
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — RuPaul ('RuPaul's Drag Race')
- Emmys: 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Showrunner Reveals Who Kimmy Would Vote For This Election
- Venice Fest: Amir Naderi to Get Filmmaker Award
- Emmys: Jill Soloway Talks Revisiting Nazis in 1930s Berlin for Season Two of 'Transparent'
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Slumber Party Chic
Stepping out of the boudoir and into the street, the decorated mule is the style of the moment (thanks, in part, to Gucci’s incredibly popular take on the design, which has been going strong since last year). Here are 11 pairs for fall in rich velvet hues with jeweled embellishments.
Chart: Hot 100
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
This Is What You Came For
Calvin Harris Featuring Rihanna
twenty one pilots
Watch the Surprising Musical Talents of the Entire 'Stranger Things' Cast
Gaten Matarazzo covered “Bring Him Home” from Les Miserables, following in the footsteps of fellow Netflix castmates Joe Keery, drummer for Post Animal, and Finn Wolfhard, who covered Nirvana’s “Lithium.”
Billboard Hot 100 Fest 2016: Ariana Grande, Fetty Wap, Rae Sremmurd & More Memorable Moments
Pills Found at Prince's Estate Contained Fentanyl
Britney Spears' Party-Ready New Album 'Glory' Leaks Ahead of Release
Frank Ocean Drops New Album 'Blonde'
Tony Bennett Honored for 90th Birthday in San Francisco
Listen to Volume 2 of 'Stranger Things' Soundtrack
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
Terry Kinney will direct the Broadway revival for Roundabout Theatre Company, beginning performances Feb. 16.
'Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour': Theater Review
'Billy Elliot' creator Lee Hall tackles a wilder kind of teen escapism in this riotous stage musical about a choir of foul-mouthed Catholic schoolgirls on the hunt for sex, booze and excitement.
'Troilus and Cressida': Theater Review
In the summer's second Shakespeare in the Park production, the Public Theater tackles this rarely performed play set during the Trojan War, with a cast that includes Louis Cancelmi, Corey Stoll and John Glover.
- New York Theater Community Mourns James Houghton
- 'Cats': Theater Review
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two': Theater Review
Univision to Buy Gawker Media for $135M
Founder Nick Denton has released a statement that he "could not have picked an acquirer more devoted to vibrant journalism."
How 'Kubo and the Two Strings' Combines Origami, Digital Effects and a 16-Foot Puppet
Ryan Lochte Apologizes for "My Behavior" at Rio Gas Station
Hollywood Reacts to Ryan Lochte Robbery Lie With Jokes, Outrage
- Jennette McCurdy to Develop Scripted Projects With Digital Studio Canvas Media (Exclusive)
- Film Archivists Confab to Open With Screening of Restored 'One-Eyed Jacks'
- Fox's Mike Dunn to Chair Digital Entertainment Group