Gene Wilder, Star of 'Willy Wonka' and Mel Brooks Classics, Dies at 83
The comic actor was at his best in 'The Producers,' 'Blazing Saddles' and 'Young Frankenstein' and teamed with Richard Pryor in four films.
Critic's Notebook: Toronto, Telluride and Venice Film Fests Promise Riches After Cruel Summer
After a dismal summer movie season, the big fall festivals feature a slate of intriguing offerings, from the much buzzed-about gay drama 'Moonlight' to new works by Oliver Stone and Clint Eastwood and an original musical starring Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.
Summer Box-Office Wrap: Why Hollywood's on Red Alert Despite Near-Record Revenue
The sequelitis virus infected a number of big-budget franchise installments, except for a precious few (think 'Captain America: Civil War' and 'Finding Dory'), while horror also helped save the day and Disney dominated.
Kevin Bacon on the Fame Exploration Behind Amazon's 'I Love Dick'
The actor opens up in an interview with THR about how Kyra Sedgwick pushed him to do the Jill Soloway comedy and the personal touches he brought to the title character.
- Gene Wilder Remembered: What Hollywood Is Saying About the Legendary Actor
- Critic's Notebook: Was 'The Night Of' Finale the Cat's Pajamas?
- MTV VMAs: Beyonce's Mini-Concert, Kanye's Speech and 10 More Memorable Moments
- Alison Brie to Star in Netflix Wrestling Comedy 'GLOW' From Jenji Kohan
- Andrea Tantaros' Lawyer Issues Lie Detector Challenge to Fox News
- Galloway on Film: Hollywood's Secret Class System
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
"Why are we still talking about how women look?"
- Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
- Little People, Big Woes in Hollywood: Low Pay, Degrading Jobs and a Tragic Death
- Kim Masters: My Battles With CAA's Michael Ovitz and the Truce That Never Was
- Oscar Voters Ponder Nate Parker and 'Birth of a Nation': "I Would Not Go to the Movie"
- Michael Wolff: Why Univision's $135M Gawker Buy Is a Desperation Play for Millennials
'Modern Family' Star Julie Bowen Joins Melissa McCarthy in 'Life of the Party' (Exclusive)
McCarthy co-wrote the script with her husband, Ben Falcone, who is directing.
- Gene Wilder Remembered: 5 of His Biggest Movie Roles
- Demian Gregory to Finance, Produce Michael Douglas' 'The God Four'
- George Kaczender, Director of the Steamy 'In Praise of Older Women,' Dies at 83
- 'Star Trek' Before J.J. Abrams: The Secret Projects That Were Almost Made
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Robert Aramayo Joins Fox's Supernatural Thriller 'Empty Man' (Exclusive)
- Alex Pettyfer to Star in 'The Strange Ones' (Exclusive)
'Grimm' to End With Sixth and Final Season on NBC
Riz Ahmed on 'The Night Of' Finale Ambiguities, Season 2 Hopes
It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7
'Let the Right One In' Reboot Scores TNT Pilot Pickup
TV Ratings: MTV VMAs Drop Again, Draw 6.5 Million Viewers Across Nets
Nicole Byer Won't Apologize For Her Comedy (But She'll Always Read the Comments)
Jamie Foxx's Showtime Comedy Adds 'CSI: Miami' and 'Pitch Perfect' Grads
What 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Can Learn From TV's Unlikely Musical Episodes
Marcia Clark Legal Drama Scores NBC Put Pilot Commitment
Amazon Unveils K-Pop Drama 'The Idolm@ster' as First South Korean Original
'Making a Murderer': Steven Avery Attorney Seeks More Evidence Testing
Kristen Bell to Produce Animated Kids Series for Gaumont
Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
China Box Office: 'Jason Bourne,' 'Ice Age' Neck-and-Neck as Hollywood Releases Return After Blackout Period
The two studio titles are the first U.S. films after China's annual period designed to protect domestic releases, which was shortened this year after the country's box office sufferred a surprising downturn.
Sky Italia Launches New Theatrical Distribution Company
Mark Zuckerberg Meets With Pope Francis at the Vatican
Rep Sheet Roundup: Keke Palmer Signs With PMK*BNC
- Viacom Is "Fully Supportive" of Brad Grey's Leadership of Paramount
- Fire Breaks Out on Prague Set of History's 'Knightfall' TV Series
- Philippe Dauman Settlement to Get Judge's Approval
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Emmys 2016: Who Should Win, Who Will Win
Months of shoulda, coulda, woulda wind up here as final Emmy verdicts are in from THR’s awards analyst Scott Feinberg, who assesses what will win, and chief TV critic Tim Goodman, who shares what should win (hint: 'Game of Thrones' and 'Veep' are gonna clean up).
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Jerry Seinfeld ('Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee')
The 62-year-old comedy legend asserts 'Seinfeld' was never "a show about nothing" and was ripped off by 'Friends' ("our show with better-looking people"); Donald Trump would be welcome on his web series ("He is buffoonish enough"); he'd like to act in the next 'Star Wars' film (playing a character named "Areyouserious"); and much more.
Oscars: Who Will Academy Tap for Governors Awards? (Analysis)
Ahead of Tuesday's big vote, THR's awards analyst reports that a record number of names have been submitted for consideration; letter-writing campaigns have been mounted on behalf of Robert Evans, Lina Wertmuller and Jonas Mekas; and Doris Day has asked not to be honored.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Tracy Morgan ('Saturday Night Live')
"Most people that suffer the injuries that I suffered aren't hosting no f—ing TV show," the beloved TV comedian, a guest actor in a comedy series Emmy nominee for his October 2015 hosting of 'Saturday Night Live,' says in reference to the car wreck that nearly claimed his life in June 2014. "They're in vegetative states."
- Beyonce Breaks Record for Most VMA Wins
- Read Kanye West's Full VMAs 2016 Speech
- Beyonce Powerfully Performs 'Lemonade' Hits at the VMAs 2016
- MTV VMAs: Nick Jonas & Ty Dolla $ign Perform "Bacon"
MTV VMAs: Red Carpet Photos
Music’s biggest names — including Beyonce, Rihanna, Kanye West, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj — are stepping out for the VMAs at Madison Square Garden in New York on Aug. 28.
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
twenty one pilots
Justin Bieber Clarifies He Has Not Returned to Instagram
MTV Video Music Awards 2016: TV Review
John Lennon's Killer Mark Chapman Denied Parole
MTV VMAs: 14 Things You Didn't See on TV
MTV VMAs: Drake Presents Rihanna With the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award
MTV VMAs: The Chainsmokers Perform "Closer" With Halsey
MTV VMAs: Britney Spears Performs "Make Me" and "Me, Myself & I" With G-Eazy
'The Layover': Theater Review
Annie Parisse and Adam Rothenberg play strangers who connect in a one-night stand that casts a lingering spell in Leslye Headland's dark comedy.
Jennifer Holliday Returning to Broadway in 'The Color Purple'
The Tony-winning breakout star of 'Dreamgirls' will end a 15-year absence when she steps into the role of juke-joint singer Shug Avery in the hit musical revival.
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
Terry Kinney will direct the Broadway revival for Roundabout Theatre Company, beginning performances Feb. 16.
- Nearly Naked Hillary Clinton Portrayed as the "Beast" in Hollywood Street Art
- Willem Dafoe, Charlotte Rampling's 'Sculpt' Admitting One Guest Per Screening
- Huma Abedin Separates From Anthony Weiner After New Sexting Scandal
FAA’s New Drone Rules Go Into Effect; CNN Has Waiver to Fly Over Your Head
Instagram to Start Recommending Stories Via Explore Tab
Facebook Trending Section Runs Viral Fake Story Days After Removing Human Editors
Photographer Blasts PETA's Appeal in "Monkey Selfie" Lawsuit
- Leslie Jones Website Hack Being Investigated by Homeland Security, FBI Says
- President Obama Makes Virtual Reality Debut in Yosemite Experience
- Refinery29 to Debut Female-Directed Short Film Series (Exclusive)
- Edinburgh TV Fest: Former 'Top Gear' Producer Says "Everything Went to Shit" at BBC
- Germany's RTL Group Turns Drama, Digital Business into Record First Half
- 'Epic Rap Battles of History,' 'Oscar's Hotel' Tie With Most Nominations for 2016 Streamys
- Amazon Takes Starz's 'American Gods' for U.K., Germany, Japan