Weekend Box Office: 'La La Land' Dances to Huge Friday in N.Y. and L.A.
'Office Christmas Party' is also doing solid business in its nationwide debut, but may not be able to topple 'Moana' from the top spot.
'Shameless' Star Emmy Rossum Demands Equal Pay (and More) for Season 8 (Exclusive)
The renegotiations are holding up the renewal for the veteran Showtime dramedy.
Madonna Says She's Ready to "Make a Stand and Speak My Mind" After Hillary Clinton Loss
She was being honored as Woman of the Year at Billboard's annual Women in Music event.
Roger Ailes-Megyn Kelly Harassment Film in the Works From 'Big Short' Writer (Exclusive)
Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures has scooped up a pitch from Charles Randolph about the former Fox News chairman.
- J.J. Abrams Prepping Space Drama for HBO
- Michael Moore Details Plans for Trump's Inauguration
- Oscars: How Will Donald Trump's Victory Affect Academy Voters' Picks?
- 'Duck Dynasty' Producers Fired and Sued by ITV Studios (Exclusive)
- Hollywood's 50 Favorite Female Characters
- How Trump's Presidency May Affect Hollywood's EEOC Gender Probe
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
'Wonder Woman' Director Patty Jenkins: How to Make a Female Heroine "Vulnerable," But Not "Lesser in Any Way"
The first feature about the invisible-jet-flying heroine, out next summer, also is the first studio superhero film helmed by a woman. Jenkins talks pressure — and why heroes should be nice.
- ‘Stevie D’: Film Review
- Santa Barbara Film Fest: 'Elle' Star Isabelle Huppert Tapped for Montecito Award
- Rights Available! A Grandfather's Wild WWII Tales Told in Michael Chabon's Latest Novel
- Oscars: 'La La Land' Asks the Academy to Take Song and Dance Seriously
- Is the Euro Art House Dying?
- Box Office: 'Office Christmas Party' Takes $950K Thursday
Donald Trump "Has a Big Stake" in New 'Apprentice,' Says Transition Team
'Walking Dead': 7 Burning Questions (and Predictions) for the Midseason Finale
'Westworld' Creator Jonathan Nolan Reveals Secrets From Directing The Finale
'Pitch' Boss on Finale Ending, Potential Summer Run and That Cubs Joke
'Strike Back' Revived for Fifth Season at Cinemax
The Tina Fey Interview, by David Letterman
Geri Wang to Retire as ABC Sales President
'Good Girls Revolt' Creator Slams Amazon Over Cancellation: "They Run Some People Out"
Jenna Bans Family Drama Scores NBC Pilot Pickup
'Westworld' Finale: Ed Harris Talks Through Man in Black Reveal, Season 2 Expectations
'Westworld' Cast and Crew Share Their Best Anthony Hopkins Stories
'Hairspray Live!': What Was Different From the 2007 Movie Musical?
21st Century Fox Makes Offer to Buy Full Control of Sky
The offer values the European pay TV giant at $23.2 billion.
22 Hollywood Assistants Dish on Biggest Triumphs, Lowest Moments and Craziest Tales
Current and former aides talk about what they do for industry heavyweights — from Julia Louis-Dreyfus to Seth Rogen — as they lean on one another, plot their ascensions and argue (with humor) that they don't just fetch coffee: "Don't be ignorant. There are lunch orders, too."
Sherry Lansing, Dawn Steel and Sue Mengers: When the Broads Faced the Raging Bulls in '70s Hollywood
The '70s were a time of creative fertility in Hollywood, but the renaissance mostly didn't include women until a group of pioneers planted seeds of equality still being sown today.
German Hit Show "Normalizes" Jewish Life with TV Bar Mitzvah
Berlin Rabbi Walter Rothschild started as a consultant, and ended up officiating the first-even bar mitzvah on Germany's hit drama 'Tatort.'
- Writer's Guild Chief Criticizes Trump Over Attacks on Carrier Union Leader
- Judge Rules 'Midnight Rider' Producer Can't Collect on Insurance Due to Criminal Acts
- WME Names 18 New Partners
- Women in Entertainment: Donna Langley, Ava DuVernay, More Share Secrets to Being Heard in Any Meeting
- My Mother, the Lawyer, Had Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe Lining Up (Guest Column)
- Michael Jackson's Executor, Manager Ordered to Testify in Billion-Dollar Tax Battle
- Viggo Mortensen Signs With UTA (Exclusive)
Director Roundtable: Mel Gibson, Denzel Washington and 4 More on Paralyzing Fears, Cast and Crew Complaints
The contenders — also including Oliver Stone, Barry Jenkins, Damien Chazelle and Mira Nair — discuss first gigs, the backlash over 'The Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker's rape trial, and their "painful" directing process: "It's like trying to cram 10 pounds of shit into a 5-pound bag."
Billboard's Women in Music: Shania Twain Accepts Icon Award, Credits "Dreaming, Working Hard and Being Courageous"
Twain was honored alongside Madonna, Kesha, Meghan Trainor and others at the annual event.
Kesha Accepts Trailblazer Award at Billboard Women in Music: "Don't Let Anyone Take Your Happiness"
"This is a huge reminder I can't give up and I have to keep fighting for my truth and keep fighting for my dreams."
'Your Name': How the Japanese Animated Feature Became an Oscar Contender
The L.A. Film Critics honoree follows two teenagers who mysteriously and randomly swap bodies.
- Harry Cohen to Get Sound Editors' Career Achievement Award
- 'Loving' to Get Honor at PGA Awards
- Jean Doumanian Replaced Lorne, Discovered Eddie and Saved Woody, So Why Don't You Know Her Name?
- Beyonce's "Daddy Lessons" Rejected by Grammy Country Committee
This Week’s Issue
Women in Entertainment Power 100
Executive of the Year Shari Redstone speaks — plus the major movers, shakers and goddamn geniuses of 2016
- The Hollywood Reporter's 2016 Women in Entertainment Power 100
- The Tina Fey Interview, by David Letterman
- Hollywood's 50 Favorite Female Characters
- What to Do With Pussy (the Word, That Is) After Trump's Election
- Sherry Lansing, Dawn Steel and Sue Mengers: When the Broads Faced the Raging Bulls in '70s Hollywood
See All the Looks at Billboard's Women in Music Event
Madonna, Kesha and Halsey are among the ladies being awarded at the 10th annual ceremony, which honors the standout female music stars and executives of 2016.
About Last Night: Jennifer Aniston Sparkles in Cavalli; Chrissy Teigen's Chic Jumpsuit
Fashion Awards 2016: Red-Carpet Arrivals
About Last Weekend: Jessica Chastain Opts for Black and White; Jennifer Hudson Is a Glowing Goddess
Sheer, Short and Shiny: The Best Looks From the Victoria's Secret Afterparty
2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris Hair & Makeup and Backstage
About Last Night: Rihanna Goes Sporty in Fenty x Puma; Katy Perry's Winter White
Hollywood Hearts Dior
One Direction Singer Louis Tomlinson's Mother Dies at 43
Johannah Deakin died of leukemia.
Alan Menken Writes "Full-Throated Love Song" for Will Ferrell-John C. Reilly Comedy 'Holmes & Watson'
Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Join Forces on 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song "I Don't Wanna Live Forever"
Appeals Court Reviews The Turtles' Royalties Dispute With Pandora
Mick Jagger Becomes a Dad for 8th Time at 73
Niall Horan, Shawn Mendes, More to Perform at the Billboard Hollywood Party on New Year's Eve
Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Dies at 69
Chart: Hot 100
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Side To Side
Ariana Grande Featuring Nicki Minaj
'The Dead, 1904': Theater Review
Kate Burton stars opposite four-time Tony Award-winner Boyd Gaines in this immersive theatrical production based on James Joyce's classic novella.
'The Band's Visit': Theater Review
Tony Shalhoub stars in the Atlantic Theater's world premiere of this latest musical from David Yazbek, composer of 'The Full Monty' and 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels,' based on the acclaimed 2007 Israeli film.
'The Babylon Line': Theater Review
Josh Radnor plays a reluctant writing teacher and Elizabeth Reaser his most gifted student in Richard Greenberg's memory play exploring the power and mysteries of storytelling in a time of social change.
'Dear Evan Hansen': Theater Review
Ben Platt stars as a painfully insecure teenage outsider whose life is transformed by an inadvertent lie in this new emo-musical with a score by 'La La Land' lyricists Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
Hollywood Flashback: In 2003, 'Born Rich' Turned a Lens on Ivanka Trump's Privilege
Director-producer Jamie Johnson's documentary, which offered a look into the lives of the ultra-wealthy, featured the then-22-year-old daughter of the president-elect showing off her childhood bedroom on the 68th floor of Trump Tower.
- Celebrity Photog Harry Benson on Donald Trump: "He's Good for Our Business"
- Cobie Smulders, Kate Burton Join Kevin Kline in Broadway's 'Present Laughter'
- What It's Like to Be Friends With Nanci Ryder: "There's Nothing She Wouldn't Do For Anybody"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Goes From Indie Musician to Mind-Reading Witch
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Netflix Content Chief Ted Sarandos Takes Shot at Amazon Studios: They Aren't "Gaining Much Traction"
Netflix plans to release more than 1,000 hours of original programming in 2017.
IAC Chairman Barry Diller: "We Don't Have a Clue" How Trump Will Handle M&A
The media mogul spoke about the results of the election and why he supports net neutrality.
Vice Creates Apprenticeship Program for Former Inmates
The media company will employ five people who formerly were incarcerated for a six-month apprentice program.
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Doesn't Think Fake News "Swayed the Election"
"We're looking at things, like working with third parties, helping to label false news, doing the things we can do to make it clearer what's a hoax on Facebook," she said in an interview that aired on Thursday's 'Today.'
- YouTube Red to Stream Horror Comedy '12 Deadly Days' From Blumhouse TV
- Donald Trump Invites Tech Leaders to Policy Summit (Report)
- Election, Olympics and Pokemon Go Top Twitter Trends of the Year
- YouTube Reports $1 Billion Paid to Recording Industry Through Advertising This Year
- Supreme Court Throws Out $399M Judgment Against Samsung in iPhone Patent Dispute With Apple
- AOL CEO Tim Armstrong "Cautiously Optimistic" Yahoo Acquisition Will Happen
- YouTube Plans Christmas Special Starring Mariah Carey, Rudy Mancuso