Weekend Box Office: 'Ben-Hur' Getting Crushed Friday; 'War Dogs,' 'Kubo' Solid
Early projections have holdover 'Suicide Squad' staying No. 1, although some show 'War Dogs,' 'Sausage Party' and the anti-superhero film in a potentially close three-way race.
Viacom's Management Shake-Up: What's Next?
Turning around ratings and ad momentum at key networks and boosting Paramount's financials are among the items on the to-do list, along with decisions on whether to sell a stake in the studio and recombine with CBS, as some suggest.
Fox Shake-Up: Paul Hanneman Exiting as Worldwide Marketing, Distribution Head (Exclusive)
Hanneman has served in the top post since 2013.
Charlie Hunnam, Lea Seydoux to Star in Drake Doremus' Next Film (Exclusive)
The 'Equals' director will next helm what is being decribed as a "unique love story."
- Ben Affleck to Direct, Star in 'Witness for the Prosecution' for Fox
- Aaron Paul Sells 'Blackmail' Drama to NBC
- Emmys: Is There Too Much Variety in the Variety Talk Category?
- Larry Wilmore Opens Up About 'Nightly Show' Early Exit, Saying Farewell and What's Next
- Viacom, Sumner Redstone Close to Deal Ousting CEO Philippe Dauman
- Paramount's 'Arrival' Gaffe Ignites Outrage in Hong Kong
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
Michael Wolff on Hillary's "Self-Delusion," Trump's "S— Show" and the Media's Final, Frantic 100 Days
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Sonia Braga Playing Julia Roberts' Mother in 'Wonder' (Exclusive)
The movie currently shooting in Vancouver.
- Daniel Radcliffe Talks Going Undercover and Humanizing White Supremacy in 'Imperium' (Q&A)
- Clint Eastwood Classics Lawsuit Against MGM Gets Dropped
- Jack Riley, Who Played the Neurotic Eliot Carlin on 'The Bob Newhart Show,' Dies at 80
- ‘This Last Lonely Place’: Film Review
- Cynthia Szigeti, Groundlings Improv Teacher and 'Seinfeld' Actress, Dies at 66
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' May Introduce a Much-Anticipated Hero, Tease Directors
This Week’s Issue
Oprah & Ava
The friends talk frankly about Hollywood inclusion (and please do NOT say "diversity"). "Everybody gets caught up in the hashtag," says Winfrey, whose 'Queen Sugar' series with DuVernay isn't an "education" — just a great story. "If you treat being black as a plight," says the director, "it impacts your creativity."
- Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
- How Ava DuVernay's 'Queen Sugar' Is Boosting Female Filmmakers
- Leonardo DiCaprio, the Malaysian Money Scandal and His "Unusual" Foundation
- 'Fast 8' to 'Criminal Minds': When On-Set Feuds Go Public
- Michael Wolff on the Murdoch Father-Sons Feud Over Fox News Post-Roger Ailes
'Mr. Robot' Creator Breaks Down Season 2 Reveal: "Now [Elliot] Can Be Set Free"
'Lost Boys' TV Reboot in the Works at CW From 'Veronica Mars' Creator
Amy Schumer Says Her Show Isn't Canceled
'Blindspot' First Look: Archie Panjabi Gets Into Gear (Exclusive)
TV Ratings: NBC's Rio Coverage Takes a Tumble on Wednesday
Thomas Gibson Speaks Out on 'Criminal Minds' Firing: "I'm Disappointed by What's Happened"
Marvel's 'Runaways' Scores Pilot Order at Hulu
Billy Crudup to Star Opposite Naomi Watts in Netflix Drama 'Gypsy'
'Walking Dead': How Many F-Bombs Does Negan Drop in Uncensored Finale?
Shad "Bow Wow" Moss Set to Host Spike's Musical Game Show 'Tracks'
'Varsity Blues' TV Series in the Works at CMT
Catherine Zeta-Jones Joins Ryan Murphy's FX Drama 'Feud'
'Cafe Society' Becomes Woody Allen's Biggest Russian Box-Office Performer
The 1930s-period film is the year's highest-grossing U.S. indie movie in the country.
Why Shah Rukh Khan and Other Indian Celebrities Have Been Detained at U.S. Airports
In recent years, other well-known Indians who have faced U.S. immigration and security checks include actor Irrfan Khan and even a former Indian president, the late Abdul Kalam.
Ryan Lochte Enlists PR Guru Matthew Hiltzik in Brazil Brouhaha (Exclusive)
Woman Charged With Stalking Kris Jenner
- John Malone's Liberty Global Eyeing More Acquisitions in Latin America
- Top Hollywood PR Execs on Marvel's Drama, Hillary Events and Why Roger Ailes Shouldn't Be Photographed in Pajamas
- Executive Suite: Inside Paul Pflug and Melissa Zukerman's Offices
Feinberg Forecast: A Breakdown of the Comedy Series Nominees
From 'Black-ish' to 'Veep,' THR's awards guru analyzes the upside and downside of each contender's chances of winning the gold.
BAFTA Sets 2017 Film Awards Dates, Tweaks Rules
The biggest film awards outside of the U.S. is gearing up for the 2017 race.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — David Schwimmer ('The People v. O.J. Simpson')
The beloved 'Friends' alum, who will turn 50 this year, talks about the dark side of celebrity, turning down Will Smith's part in 'Men in Black' and why he decided to return to TV to play Kim Kardashian's dad.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Taraji P. Henson ('Empire')
The Oscar and Emmy nominee and Golden Globe winner discusses her uphill climb to stardom (she's been a single mother since college), the first project she discussed with Lee Daniels ("I wanted to play Precious!"), why she refused to play Cookie unless her 'Hustle & Flow' co-star played Lucious and more.
- HPA Engineering Awards Unveiled
- Emmys: How 'Better Call Saul' Used Code Names to Keep Its Characters a Secret
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — RuPaul ('RuPaul's Drag Race')
- Emmys: 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Showrunner Reveals Who Kimmy Would Vote For This Election
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Slumber Party Chic
Stepping out of the boudoir and into the street, the decorated mule is the style of the moment (thanks, in part, to Gucci’s incredibly popular take on the design, which has been going strong since last year). Here are 11 pairs for fall in rich velvet hues with jeweled embellishments.
Chart: Hot 100
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
This Is What You Came For
Calvin Harris Featuring Rihanna
twenty one pilots
Listen to Volume 2 of 'Stranger Things' Soundtrack
Appeals Court Reverses Live Nation Win in Run-D.M.C. Merchandise Suit
This Is What Adele Puts in Her Shopping Cart
Drake Leads BET Hip-Hop Awards With 14 Nominations
Britney Spears Releases Upbeat "Do You Wanna Come Over" Song
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Compares Donald Trump to Hitler
Paul McCartney on Hillary Clinton: "She's With Me"
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
Terry Kinney will direct the Broadway revival for Roundabout Theatre Company, beginning performances Feb. 16.
'Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour': Theater Review
'Billy Elliot' creator Lee Hall tackles a wilder kind of teen escapism in this riotous stage musical about a choir of foul-mouthed Catholic schoolgirls on the hunt for sex, booze and excitement.
'Troilus and Cressida': Theater Review
In the summer's second Shakespeare in the Park production, the Public Theater tackles this rarely performed play set during the Trojan War, with a cast that includes Louis Cancelmi, Corey Stoll and John Glover.
New York Theater Community Mourns James Houghton
Zachary Quinto, Edward Norton and Tony Kushner are among those paying tribute to the Signature Theatre founder who died Tuesday, a tireless champion of American playwrights for the past 25 years.
- 'Cats': Theater Review
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two': Theater Review
- Long Beach Man Charged With Assaulting Teen Playing 'Pokemon Go'
Univision to Buy Gawker Media for $135M
Founder Nick Denton has released a statement that he "could not have picked an acquirer more devoted to vibrant journalism."
BAFTA Forms Virtual Reality Advisory Group
Twitter Suspended 235,000 Terrorism-Related Accounts Over Last Six Months
Gawker.com to Shut Down Next Week
- eOne Acquires Full Control of Digital Studio Secret Location
- Jesse Williams Relaunches 'Open Run' Podcast With LeBron James' Uninterrupted
- Universal Releases Dolby Vision Titles on Vudu Streaming Service
- 'NBA 2K' Videogame Publisher Wants Judgment Allowing Use of Player Tattoos
- Wondery Launches First Scripted Podcast 'Secrets, Crimes & Audiotape' (Exclusive)
- Ellen DeGeneres Defends Herself Against Accusations of Racism for Usain Bolt Tweet
- Gamescom Kicks Off With Pokemon Fever and Tightened Security