Box Office: 'Lego Batman' Wins Slowest Presidents' Day Weekend in 4 Years as More Bombs Pile Up
Matt Damon's big-budget epic 'The Great Wall' crumbles in its U.S. debut, while director Gore Verbinski's psychological thriller 'A Cure for Wellness' bombs.
Lin-Manuel Miranda on His Lifelong Oscars Obsession and Why the Show Still Matters (Guest Column)
The 'Hamilton' creator, a first-time nominee (for 'Moana'), gets personal as he recalls his childhood watching "this impossibly larger-than-life thing," his 'Seabiscuit' interpretive dance and the moments he'll never forget ("It was as if she reached through the screen to talk to me").
Jimmy Kimmel Kicks Off Oscars Week: On "Bombing Miserably," Trump Jokes and His Matt Damon Ban (Q&A)
Ahead of the Feb. 26 ceremony, the host talks about his eleventh-hour recruitment and shares his thoughts on the recent surge of political speeches: "I think I'd be intimidated by how good Meryl Streep's was, so I'd probably keep my mouth shut."
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight,' 'Arrival' Win Big at Politically-Charged Ceremony
"We are living in fictional times," New York host Lewis Black said. What the hell is fiction anymore when our reality comes off as fiction? Good luck with that one f—ers."
- Studio-by-Studio Profitability Ranking: Disney Surges, Sony Sputters
- Oscars Week 2017: The Complete Party (and Protest) Guide
- Trump Explains Sweden Comment Amid Confusion
- Galloway on Film: Brad Grey's Paramount Exit and Studios in Turmoil
- Did 'The Walking Dead' Just Officially Introduce the Whisperers?
- 'Big Little Lies': David E. Kelley Breaks Down Murder Mystery and Biggest Book Changes
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Oscar nominee Ali appears in two best picture contenders and may win for 'Moonlight' as he shares an emotional journey from childhood upheaval to a spiritual awakening to his 'I'm a Muslim' SAG awards speech in the face of Trump's ban
- 'Moonlight' Breakout Mahershala Ali in His Own Words: A Personal Journey From Childhood Upheaval to Spiritual Awakening
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: How 'La La Land' Misleads on Race, Romance and Jazz
- The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
- New England Patriots Super Bowl Hero's Life Story to Be Told in Biopic (Exclusive)
- Clive Davis' Grammy Party Class Photo: Jennifer Hudson, Chance the Rapper, DNCE and More (Exclusive)
Cannes 2017: Surveying the Possible Film Selections
With the festival kicking off May 17, director Thierry Fremaux is in the process of assembling a lineup from among a wealth of upcoming films.
- Oscars: Contenders Make Closing Arguments in Stressed-Out City of Stars
- Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge' Tops Feature Competition at Sound Editors' Ceremony
- 'Suicide Squad,' 'Star Trek Beyond' Among Winners at Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards
- Jack Ma's Alibaba Pictures Warns of $140M Loss in 2016
- Pop Quiz: How Well Do You Know the 2017 Oscar Nominees?
- 'From the Balcony' ('Fra balkongen'): Film Review | Berlin 2017
'Walking Dead': 7 Key Moments From 'New Best Friends'
BBC Worldwide Unveils Global Drama Sales as Annual Showcase in Liverpool Kicks off
Stephen King Anthology 'Castle Rock' From J.J. Abrams Set at Hulu
'Nashville': Is This the End for Connie Britton?
'Walking Dead' Grad Michael Cudlitz to Star in ABC Drama 'The Trustee'
Busy Philipps to Star in Tina Fey-Produced NBC Comedy 'Sackett Sisters'
'Workaholics' Star to Topline NBC's Mindy Kaling/Charlie Grandy Comedy
'The Good Fight': Meet the New Faces on 'The Good Wife' Spinoff
Could 'Scandal' Feature the First Openly Gay President?
Anna Deavere Smith, Britne Oldford to Star in Shondaland Legal Drama
Chelsea Handler's Netflix Talk Show Moves to Weekly Format for Season Two
Chris Colfer to Star in Sci-Fi TV Drama 'Indigo' (Exclusive)
Google, Bing Agree to Help U.K. Creative Industries Fight Pirate Sites
A voluntary code of practice is designed to "kick-start collaboration between the parties to demote links to websites that are dedicated to infringing content for consumers in the U.K."
Big Brands Suspend, Limit Digital Advertising in U.K. After Report Saying It Helps Fund Extremists
Jaguar Land Rover, Thomson Reuters and others have reacted to a report that ads have appeared on hate sites and next to YouTube videos from supporters of terrorist and extremist groups.
The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
Paramount re-evaluates Brad Grey's influence as industry upheavals alter internal politics all over town and committees become the norm. Gripes one producer, "You used to know whom to appeal to — and now you're not sure."
New Zealand Judge Upholds Kim Dotcom Extradition Ruling
U.S. prosecutors say that Dotcom's Megaupload raked in at least $175 million, mainly from people using it to illegally download songs, television shows and movies.
- 'American Idol' Relaunch Clears One Hurdle
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Natalie Dormer Joins Australian Period Drama 'Picnic at Hanging Rock'
- Oscars: 'Lion' Is an Emotional Rollercoaster, Says the Real-Life Saroo Brierley
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Legion' Star Rachel Keller's Big Break From Food Trucks to 'Fargo'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Patti Cake$' Star Danielle Macdonald Goes From Lost TV Role to Sundance Breakout
‘La La Land’ Composer to be Feted at L.A. Italia Fest
Justin Hurwitz will receive the Song of the Year Award on Sunday night.
Berlin: Hungarian Love Story 'On Body and Soul' Wins Golden Bear Award
The eccentric dramedy, set in a Hungarian slaughterhouse, beat out favorite 'The Other Side of Hope,' which earned best director honors for Aki Kaurismaki.
Berlin: Aki Kaurismaki Wins Best Director for 'The Other Side of Hope'
The story about a Syrian refugee who travels to Finland was one of the best-reviewed films out of this year's festival.
Berlin: Watch the Award Ceremony for the 66th Berlinale Live Stream
Watch the Berlin Film Festival Awards live on Saturday. beginning at 7 p.m. CET (1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT).
All the Power Pantsuits From New York Fashion Week
Pantsuits, perhaps inspired by former democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, were the dominant trend on the fall 2017 runways. The best from Thom Browne, Rosie Assoulin, Jason Wu and more.
- Cover Girl Male Ambassador's Racist Tweet Is Not Pretty
- From Puffer Jackets to Sensible Shoes, The Top Runway Trends From New York Fashion Week
- 6,000 Kobe Beef Burgers and 250 Maine Lobsters: The Post-Oscar Governors Ball by the Numbers
- #SOCIALGATHERING: What Designer Topped Twitter During NYFW; Which Show Did Tiffany Trump Crash?
See Every Look from Yeezy Season 5
Yellow Is A Major Trend on the NYFW Runways
Grammy Awards: Red Carpet Photos
All the Stars in Calvin Klein's A-List Front Row
The Front Row at New York Fashion Week
See Every Look From Raf Simons' First Calvin Klein Collection
All the Looks from the amfAR Gala
Russell Simmons Headlines NYC Rally Protesting Trump Immigration Policies
More than a thousand people of various faiths attended the "I Am a Muslim Too" rally Sunday in Times Square.
Aaron Carter Attacked at Concert After Being Accused of Racial Remark
Michael Jackson's Ex-Manager Takes the Stand in Tax Trial
'Moana' Deleted Songs and Scenes Detail Cut Brothers, Maui's Past
'La La Land' Composer Justin Hurwitz Celebrates the "Great," "Long Process" Behind the Movie's Music
With 'Dear Evan Hansen,' Broadway Charts Two Albums in Top 20 for First Time in Decades
Guild of Music Supervisors Awards: The Complete Winners List
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
'On the Exhale': Theater Review
Marin Ireland plays a mother devastated by gun violence in Martin Zimmerman's pithy one-person play.
'Evening at the Talk House': Theater Review
A first-rate cast including Matthew Broderick, and Michael Tucker and Jill Eikenberry of 'L.A. Law,' appear in Wallace Shawn's dystopian drama receiving its New York premiere.
'Man From Nebraska': Theater Review
Tony Award-winner Reed Birney stars in the New York premiere of this 2003 play by Tracy Letts, author of 'August: Osage County.'
Off Script: Andre Holland Talks Broadway's 'Jitney' and 'Moonlight's' Impact on Oscars Diversity (Q&A)
"He doesn’t accept the role that the world is trying to give him," says Holland of his character. "I should do the same thing. It’s my civic duty to be involved, engaged and to fight for what I think is right."
'Zoot Suit': Theater Review
Director Luis Valdez leads Demian Bichir and stars from the original in this dazzling revival at the Mark Taper Forum, where the show premiered in 1978 before making history as the first Chicano Broadway musical.
- Phillipa Soo Sings 'Times Are Hard for Dreamers' From Broadway's 'Amelie' Musical
- Zoe Saldana Welcomes Third Son
- Shia LaBeouf Moves Anti-Trump Project to Albuquerque
Former Uber Engineer Alleges "Horrifying" Sexism in Lengthy Blog Post, Reviving #DeleteUber on Twitter
Calling it a "strange, fascinating, and slightly horrifying story," Susan Fowler writes that she experienced sexism from her first day on the job; company CEO Travis Kalanick responds by ordering "urgent investigation" into the matter.
A Guide to the MPSE Golden Reel Awards for Sound Editing
Guillermo del Toro will receive the MPSE Filmmaker Award during the ceremony.
Oscars: 'Silence' Cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto on His Partnership With Martin Scorsese
Nominated for a second Oscar this year, Prieto has worked closely with the legendary director on film and TV projects.
PewDiePie Apologizes for Anti-Semitic Comments, Calls Media Coverage an "Attack"
"This was a personal attack against me," the YouTube star says in the video.
- Maker Studios Braces for More Layoffs as Disney Plans to Shrink Creator Network
- MTV News Voluntarily Accepts WGA East as Staff Union
- Imax VR Inks Content Deals With Skydance, Ubisoft