Viacom's Management Shake-Up: What's Next?
Turning around ratings and ad momentum at key networks and boosting Paramount's financials are among the items on the to-do list, along with decisions on whether to sell a stake in the studio and recombine with CBS, as some suggest.
Larry Wilmore Opens Up About 'Nightly Show' Early Exit, Saying Farewell and What's Next
Shortly before signing off of his Comedy Central series, Wilmore talked with THR about his frustrations, desire to return to producing scripted series and more.
Viacom, Sumner Redstone Close to Deal Ousting CEO Philippe Dauman
The media giant's board has given preliminary approval on a deal that would give Dauman an up to $90 million exit package, according to a person familiar with the discussions. The settlement would put an end to a hard-fought legal battle that began in June when Redstone sought to kick Dauman and four other directors off of Viacom's board.
Jon Stewart Joins Larry Wilmore for Final 'Nightly Show'
The two former 'Daily Show' colleagues said goodbye Thursday.
- Ryan Lochte Enlists PR Guru Matthew Hiltzik in Brazil Brouhaha (Exclusive)
- Critic's Notebook: Amazon Comedy Pilots 'The Tick,' 'I Love Dick' and 'Jean-Claude Van Johnson'
- Amy Schumer on Former Writer Saga: "I Would Love to Refocus on the Real Problem, Which Is About Rape"
- Brazilian Police Say Lochte, U.S. Swimmers Were Not Robbed
- Turkey's 007 to Take on Figures Behind Coup Attempt
- Jared Leto Joins Ryan Gosling in 'Blade Runner' Sequel
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
Michael Wolff on Hillary's "Self-Delusion," Trump's "S— Show" and the Media's Final, Frantic 100 Days
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
'Hunting Ground' Producer on Nate Parker and the Past: The Cost of Giving Up the Ghost (Guest Column)
Amy Ziering, an Oscar nominee for 2012's 'The Invisible War' and an Emmy nominee for the 2015 documentary about campus rape, responds to the firestorm over the 'Birth of a Nation' director.
- 'Cafe Society' Becomes Woody Allen's Biggest Russian Box-Office Performer
- BAFTA Sets 2017 Film Awards Dates, Tweaks Rules
- Why Shah Rukh Khan and Other Indian Celebrities Have Been Detained at U.S. Airports
- Tom Holland Visits Children's Hospital as Spider-Man
- This Is What 'Rogue One' Looks Like Set to the Beastie Boys
- CAA Signs 'Transformers 5' Star (Exclusive)
This Week’s Issue
Oprah & Ava
The friends talk frankly about Hollywood inclusion (and please do NOT say "diversity"). "Everybody gets caught up in the hashtag," says Winfrey, whose 'Queen Sugar' series with DuVernay isn't an "education" — just a great story. "If you treat being black as a plight," says the director, "it impacts your creativity."
- Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
- How Ava DuVernay's 'Queen Sugar' Is Boosting Female Filmmakers
- Leonardo DiCaprio, the Malaysian Money Scandal and His "Unusual" Foundation
- 'Fast 8' to 'Criminal Minds': When On-Set Feuds Go Public
- Michael Wolff on the Murdoch Father-Sons Feud Over Fox News Post-Roger Ailes
'Lost Boys' TV Reboot in the Works at CW From 'Veronica Mars' Creator
Amy Schumer Says Her Show Isn't Canceled
'Blindspot' First Look: Archie Panjabi Gets Into Gear (Exclusive)
TV Ratings: NBC's Rio Coverage Takes a Tumble on Wednesday
Thomas Gibson Speaks Out on 'Criminal Minds' Firing: "I'm Disappointed by What's Happened"
Marvel's 'Runaways' Scores Pilot Order at Hulu
Billy Crudup to Star Opposite Naomi Watts in Netflix Drama 'Gypsy'
'Walking Dead': How Many F-Bombs Does Negan Drop in Uncensored Finale?
Shad "Bow Wow" Moss Set to Host Spike's Musical Game Show 'Tracks'
'Varsity Blues' TV Series in the Works at CMT
Catherine Zeta-Jones Joins Ryan Murphy's FX Drama 'Feud'
NBC's DC Comics Comedy 'Powerless' Loses Its Creator
John Malone's Liberty Global Eyeing More Acquisitions in Latin America
Top Hollywood PR Execs on Marvel's Drama, Hillary Events and Why Roger Ailes Shouldn't Be Photographed in Pajamas
Executive Suite: Inside Paul Pflug and Melissa Zukerman's Offices
Trump's New Campaign Guru Stephen Bannon: 'Seinfeld' Insider, Polarizing Figure
Feinberg Forecast: A Breakdown of the Comedy Series Nominees
From 'Black-ish' to 'Veep,' THR's awards guru analyzes the upside and downside of each contender's chances of winning the gold.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — David Schwimmer ('The People v. O.J. Simpson')
The beloved 'Friends' alum, who will turn 50 this year, talks about the dark side of celebrity, turning down Will Smith's part in 'Men in Black' and why he decided to return to TV to play Kim Kardashian's dad.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Taraji P. Henson ('Empire')
The Oscar and Emmy nominee and Golden Globe winner discusses her uphill climb to stardom (she's been a single mother since college), the first project she discussed with Lee Daniels ("I wanted to play Precious!"), why she refused to play Cookie unless her 'Hustle & Flow' co-star played Lucious and more.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Tom Hiddleston ('I Saw the Light' & 'The Night Manager')
The 35-year-old Brit, whose fans call themselves "Hiddlestoners," discusses how 'Othello' led him to the Marvel Universe; how he transformed himself for a Hank Williams biopic; and how his portrayal of a spy on AMC's hit limited series is fueling those pesky Bond rumors.
- Emmys: How 'Better Call Saul' Used Code Names to Keep Its Characters a Secret
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — RuPaul ('RuPaul's Drag Race')
- Emmys: 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Showrunner Reveals Who Kimmy Would Vote For This Election
- Venice Fest: Amir Naderi to Get Filmmaker Award
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
10 Hot Hostess Gifts
Whether you're heading to a summer dinner party or a beach house weekend, these 10 gifts will guarantee a repeat invitation.
Chart: Hot 100
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
This Is What You Came For
Calvin Harris Featuring Rihanna
twenty one pilots
Appeals Court Reverses Live Nation Win in Run-D.M.C. Merchandise Suit
This Is What Adele Puts in Her Shopping Cart
Drake Leads BET Hip-Hop Awards With 14 Nominations
Britney Spears Releases Upbeat "Do You Wanna Come Over" Song
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Compares Donald Trump to Hitler
Paul McCartney on Hillary Clinton: "She's With Me"
Lady Gaga Reveals New Single, "Perfect Illusion"
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
Terry Kinney will direct the Broadway revival for Roundabout Theatre Company, beginning performances Feb. 16.
'Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour': Theater Review
'Billy Elliot' creator Lee Hall tackles a wilder kind of teen escapism in this riotous stage musical about a choir of foul-mouthed Catholic schoolgirls on the hunt for sex, booze and excitement.
'Troilus and Cressida': Theater Review
In the summer's second Shakespeare in the Park production, the Public Theater tackles this rarely performed play set during the Trojan War, with a cast that includes Louis Cancelmi, Corey Stoll and John Glover.
New York Theater Community Mourns James Houghton
Zachary Quinto, Edward Norton and Tony Kushner are among those paying tribute to the Signature Theatre founder who died Tuesday, a tireless champion of American playwrights for the past 25 years.
- 'Cats': Theater Review
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two': Theater Review
- Anonymous Hollywood Exec Describes the "Dread" of Charity Events (Guest Column)
Univision to Buy Gawker Media for $135M
Founder Nick Denton has released a statement that he "could not have picked an acquirer more devoted to vibrant journalism."
BAFTA Forms Virtual Reality Advisory Group
Twitter Suspended 235,000 Terrorism-Related Accounts Over Last Six Months
Jennette McCurdy to Develop Scripted Projects With Digital Studio Canvas Media (Exclusive)
- Jesse Williams Relaunches 'Open Run' Podcast With LeBron James' Uninterrupted
- Universal Releases Dolby Vision Titles on Vudu Streaming Service
- 'NBA 2K' Videogame Publisher Wants Judgment Allowing Use of Player Tattoos