Oscars 2017: Who Will Win, Who Should Win
From the heartbreaking 'Manchester by the Sea' to the melancholy 'Moonlight' to the toe-tapping 'La La Land,' THR's awards analyst Scott Feinberg and chief film critic Todd McCarthy make their respective closing arguments for who deserves to take home the gold.
Michael Wolff on Trump's Tech War and How Big Media Benefits
Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg and Reed Hastings openly challenge a president who may scrap net neutrality and curb globalist growth as Rupert Murdoch and more see opportunity in the chaos.
An Actor's Personal Tale: I Was Thrown Out of the Academy for Sharing DVD Screeners
'Godfather' actor Carmine Caridi, the only AMPAS member to be expelled for sharing DVD screeners, reflects on his Oscar infamy ("I was doing a guy a favor, and he screwed me") and a career that might have been.
From Meryl to Mahershala: How Social Media Reacted to Award Season's Political Speeches
Twitter analysis of acceptance speeches at the Golden Globes, Emmys, Grammys and SAG Awards indicates that the anti-Trump sentiment went over well with television audiences.
- 'Taken': TV Review
- Narcissism Expert Analyzes Trump's Tweets About the Oscars: He Wants to Be Respected by Hollywood (Guest Column)
- Stephen Colbert Pokes Fun at Trump's Non-Existent Sweden Incident: "Never Fjorget"
- Milo Yiannopoulos Book Canceled by Simon & Schuster
- 'Quantico' Boss on "Substituting Trump for Terrorism" in Latest Format Reboot
- Box Office: 'Lego Batman' Wins Slowest Presidents Day Weekend in 4 Years as More Bombs Pile Up
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Oscar nominee Ali appears in two best picture contenders and may win for 'Moonlight' as he shares an emotional journey from childhood upheaval to a spiritual awakening to his 'I'm a Muslim' SAG awards speech in the face of Trump's ban
- 'Moonlight' Breakout Mahershala Ali in His Own Words: A Personal Journey From Childhood Upheaval to Spiritual Awakening
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: How 'La La Land' Misleads on Race, Romance and Jazz
- The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
- New England Patriots Super Bowl Hero's Life Story to Be Told in Biopic (Exclusive)
- Clive Davis' Grammy Party Class Photo: Jennifer Hudson, Chance the Rapper, DNCE and More (Exclusive)
'Beauty and the Beast': Emma Watson Sings Opening Number 'Belle'
- ITN Productions Top Executive Talks First Oscar Nomination, U.S. Expansion
- Harvey Weinstein, Katie Holmes and More Flock to East Hampton's Palm Restaurant for Jason Weinberg’s 50th Celebration
- Disney Debuts New Teaser Videos for 'Avatar' Attractions
- 'Frantz's' Eric and Nicolas Altmayer Win French Academy's Producers' Prize
- '1945': Film Review | Berlin 2017
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Damien Chazelle ('La La Land')
- 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith': THR's 1941 Review
- 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Trailer Delivers a Stylized Look at the Monarch
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley Hounded for 'Last Jedi' Spoilers in Star-Studded Video
- 'Almost Heaven': Film Review | Berlin 2017
Jack Daniel's Whiskey Drama From Aaron Paul in the Works at WGN America (Exclusive)
'Dancing With the Stars' to Get Local Version in Brazil
Keith Cox to Lead Development at Paramount Network; Spike's Sharon Levy to Exit
BBC Worldwide Unveils Global Drama Sales as Annual Showcase in Liverpool Kicks off
Stephen King Anthology 'Castle Rock' From J.J. Abrams Set at Hulu
'Big Little Lies': David E. Kelley Breaks Down Murder Mystery and Biggest Book Changes
Did 'The Walking Dead' Just Officially Introduce the Whisperers?
'Walking Dead': 7 Key Moments From 'New Best Friends'
'Nashville': Is This the End for Connie Britton?
'Walking Dead' Grad Michael Cudlitz to Star in ABC Drama 'The Trustee'
Busy Philipps to Star in Tina Fey-Produced NBC Comedy 'Sackett Sisters'
'Workaholics' Star to Topline NBC's Mindy Kaling/Charlie Grandy Comedy
Verizon Revises Yahoo Acquisition Terms, Shaving $350M Off Price Tag
Hacks of Yahoo email accounts led the telecom giant to push for the original $4.83 billion price tag to be lowered.
Studio-by-Studio Profitability Ranking: Disney Surges, Sony Sputters
'Rogue One' and 'Captain America' help Disney CEO Bob Iger score a third straight No. 1 ranking with $2.5 billion in profit in 2016, but others face a brutal year in THR's annual breakdown of money at the six majors.
The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
Paramount re-evaluates Brad Grey's influence as industry upheavals alter internal politics all over town and committees become the norm. Gripes one producer, "You used to know whom to appeal to — and now you're not sure."
Scripps Networks Fourth-Quarter Earnings Drop
The company behind such lifestyle channels as HGTV and Food Network records a $57.9 million goodwill write-down and says U.S. ad revenue rose 9.4 percent in the latest period.
- Big Brands Suspend, Limit Digital Advertising in U.K. After Report Saying It Helps Fund Extremists
- China Box Office: 'xXx' Wins Second Weekend, Beating 'La La Land,' 'Sing'
- New Zealand Judge Upholds Kim Dotcom Extradition Ruling
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Legion' Star Rachel Keller's Big Break From Food Trucks to 'Fargo'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Patti Cake$' Star Danielle Macdonald Goes From Lost TV Role to Sundance Breakout
Oscars Week 2017: The Complete Party (and Protest) Guide
From the Spirit Awards and the Night Before Party to Elton John's major milestone and Vanity Fair, get the scoop on all the A-list parties happening in Hollywood to celebrate all things Oscar.
Oscars: Listen to the Best Original Song Nominees
Tracks penned by Justin Timberlake, Sting, Lin-Manuel Miranda and more are up for the honor.
Jimmy Kimmel Kicks Off Oscars Week: On "Bombing Miserably," Trump Jokes and His Matt Damon Ban (Q&A)
Ahead of the Feb. 26 ceremony, the host talks about his eleventh-hour recruitment and shares his thoughts on the recent surge of political speeches: "I think I'd be intimidated by how good Meryl Streep's was, so I'd probably keep my mouth shut."
Oscars: Contenders Make Closing Arguments Throughout Stressed-Out City of Stars
THR's awards analyst summarizes where and how nominees are courting votes in the final days before Oscar ballots are due.
- Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge' Tops Feature Competition at Sound Editors' Ceremony
- 'Suicide Squad,' 'Star Trek Beyond' Among Winners at Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards
- WGA Awards: 'Moonlight,' 'Arrival' Win Big at Politically Charged Ceremony
- Pop Quiz: How Well Do You Know the 2017 Oscar Nominees?
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Barry Jenkins ('Moonlight')
- ‘La La Land’ Composer to be Feted at L.A. Italia Fest
- Berlin: Hungarian Love Story 'On Body and Soul' Wins Golden Bear Award
- Berlin: Aki Kaurismaki Wins Best Director for 'The Other Side of Hope'
London Fashion Week: Chants of "Build A Wall" Join Red Carpet Sequins
The Fall 2017 shows kick off with Gareth Pugh, Julien McDonald and Versus Versace.
See Every Look from Yeezy Season 5
Yellow Is A Major Trend on the NYFW Runways
Grammy Awards: Red Carpet Photos
All the Stars in Calvin Klein's A-List Front Row
The Front Row at New York Fashion Week
See Every Look From Raf Simons' First Calvin Klein Collection
All the Looks from the amfAR Gala
Katy Perry Goes Back to the Future in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
The video was directed by Matthew Cullen and filmed at Six Flags Magic Mountain in California in January.
Russell Simmons Headlines NYC Rally Protesting Trump Immigration Policies
Aaron Carter Attacked at Concert After Being Accused of Racial Remark
Michael Jackson's Ex-Manager Takes the Stand in Tax Trial
'Moana' Deleted Songs and Scenes Detail Cut Brothers, Maui's Past
James Corden's Parents Jam With Metallica and John Legend Backstage at the Grammys
'La La Land' Composer Justin Hurwitz Celebrates the "Great," "Long Process" Behind the Movie's Music
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
'On the Exhale': Theater Review
Marin Ireland plays a mother devastated by gun violence in Martin Zimmerman's pithy one-person play.
'Evening at the Talk House': Theater Review
A first-rate cast including Matthew Broderick and 'L.A. Law's' Michael Tucker and Jill Eikenberry appear in Wallace Shawn's dystopian drama receiving its New York premiere.
'Man From Nebraska': Theater Review
Tony Award-winner Reed Birney stars in the New York premiere of this 2003 play by Tracy Letts, author of 'August: Osage County.'
Off Script: Andre Holland Talks Broadway's 'Jitney' and 'Moonlight's' Impact on Oscars Diversity (Q&A)
"He doesn’t accept the role that the world is trying to give him," says Holland of his character. "I should do the same thing. It’s my civic duty to be involved, engaged and to fight for what I think is right."
'Zoot Suit': Theater Review
Director Luis Valdez leads Demian Bichir and stars from the original in this dazzling revival at the Mark Taper Forum, where the show premiered in 1978 before making history as the first Chicano Broadway musical.
- Phillipa Soo Sings 'Times Are Hard for Dreamers' From Broadway's 'Amelie' Musical
- David Cassidy Reveals He Has Dementia
- Thousands Protest Trump With "Not My President" Chants Across U.S.
Digital Stocks Steady Amid Rancor Between Trump and Silicon Valley
Big technology stocks remain unfazed — some have even hit all-time highs since the election — but now the tech industry has to "rethink how to get the ear of the emperor," says SouthBay Research's Andrew Zaitlin.
Uber Hires Eric Holder to Investigate Gender Discrimination Claims
Claims of harassment and discrimination first surfaced when a former Uber engineer posted a scathing blog post about her experience there on Sunday.
Former Uber Engineer Alleges "Horrifying" Sexism in Lengthy Blog Post, Reviving #DeleteUber on Twitter
Calling it a "strange, fascinating, and slightly horrifying story," Susan Fowler writes that she experienced sexism from her first day on the job; company CEO Travis Kalanick responds by ordering "urgent investigation" into the matter.
A Guide to the MPSE Golden Reel Awards for Sound Editing
Guillermo del Toro will receive the MPSE Filmmaker Award during the ceremony.
- UK eSports Network Ginx to Launch 24/7 TV Channel in Canada
- Light Field Camera Developer Lytro Raises $60M
- Maker Studios Braces for More Layoffs as Disney Plans to Shrink Creator Network