Oscars: How an Accountant's Tweet Turned into the Biggest Mistake in Academy History
Chaos erupted both onstage and behind the scenes after a starstruck accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers handed Warren Beatty the wrong envelope for best picture.
FX Orders Ryan Murphy's 'Charles and Diana' for 'Feud' Season 2
The second installment will air in 2018 with a focus on the Royals.
Rob Lowe Remembers Bill Paxton: "My Closest Friend in the Industry"
The actor recalls the 'Big Love' star's penchant for fun gifts (JFK's aftershave), their fishing trips and the movie they almost made with James Cameron.
In Defense of Warren Beatty at the Oscars
Beatty was not the culprit in Sunday's best picture fiasco, though many were quick to jump on him in an ageist rush to judgment.
- In the Shadow of Superheroes, Westerns Are (Quietly) Popular
- Jeanne Tripplehorn Remembers 'Big Love' Husband Bill Paxton
- Critic's Notebook: Trump Joins 'Fox & Friends' for Friendly Chat About Why He's Great
- Jimmy Kimmel Recaps Oscars Snafu: "Clyde Threw Bonnie Under the Bus!"
- CNN to Bring Journalism Students to White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Late-Night Hosts Joke About the Oscars Mix-up
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Why the Oscars Still Matter
By Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Cuban, Liza Minnelli, Matt Damon, Dakota Johnson, Olivia de Havilland, Michael Ovitz, Neil deGrasse Tyson and more
- 19 Hollywood A-Listers on Why the Oscars Still Matter (and One Who Says They Don't)
- Narcissism Expert Analyzes Trump's Tweets About the Oscars: He Wants to Be Respected by Hollywood (Guest Column)
- Oscars 2017: Who Will Win, Who Should Win
- I Was Carrie Fisher's 1978 Oscar Date: Spielberg, Lucas and a 3 a.m. Afterparty With John Belushi
- Oscar Winner John Irving Urges Hollywood to Get Political With "Outright Bias" in Acceptance Speeches (Guest Column)
Will Hollywood Survive Donald Trump's "Tweaks" to NAFTA?
The president's promise to renegotiate the 23-year-old trade agreement could affect everything from foreign digital talent working in L.A. to the cost of popcorn in Mexican movie theaters.
- Dave Chappelle to Present Icon Honor at Canadian Screen Awards
- London's Royal Albert Hall to Host 'Rogue One' Composer Michael Giacchino Retrospective (Exclusive)
- Director of 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' on Feminist Film Being Banned in India (Q&A)
- Netflix's 'Okja' Teaser Offers First Glimpse of Mystery Animal and Tilda Swinton in Character
- Oscars Accountants Offer Another Apology as Academy Launches Investigation of Snafu
- Is David Ayer Teasing Harley Quinn's 'Gotham City Sirens' Bad Guy?
- Judge Trims Relativity's $1.5 Billion Lawsuit Against Netflix
- ‘Born in Syria’ (‘Nacido en Siria’): Film Review
- 'Erase and Forget': Film Review | Berlin 2017
- 'Alibi.com': Film Review
Bill Paxton Dedication Set for 'Training Day'
TV Ratings: Oscars Drop to 32.9M Viewers, Telecast Takes a Bigger Hit With Younger Set
Production on CBS' 'Training Day,' Starring Bill Paxton, Has Already Been Completed
Amazon Picks Up Arctic Noir Series 'Fortitude' (Exclusive)
TV Pilots 2017: The Complete Guide
'Walking Dead': How Eugene's Experience with the Saviors Differs From the Comics
Katherine Heigl Starrer 'Doubt' Canceled at CBS After 2 Episodes
'Broadchurch' Season 3 Debut Draws 7.5M on ITV; 'Nightly Show' Kicks Off With 2.9M Viewers
'Girls' Team Discusses Sexual-Consent Episode, Downplays Bill Cosby Comparisons
'Nashville' Shocker Explained: Connie Britton Opens Up About Devastating Ending
ABC's Longtime Head of Marketing Marla Provencio to Exit
Meet TV's First Non-Binary-Gender Character: Asia Kate Dillon of Showtime's 'Billions'
NBCUniversal to Take Full Ownership of Universal Studios Japan in $2.3B Deal
The company, which has already owned a 49 percent stake in the Osaka theme park, will buy out its current partners.
Verizon Doesn't Need to Own "Traditional Linear TV Content,” Says CFO
“It’s important to us that we have mobile digital rights to some of the content that we think will be important in a mobile bundle,” Matt Ellis tells an investor conference.
FCC Doesn't Expect to Review AT&T's Time Warner Deal, Chairman Reiterates
"My role is not to read the headlines and try to make a determination based on who has said what" but is "based on the facts of the law," Ajit Pai said in Barcelona, emphasizing the regulator's political independence.
Oscar Photos: Executives (and Their Dates) on the Red Carpet
Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Disney's Bob Iger and Netflix's Ted Sarandos were among those walking the red carpet Sunday night in Hollywood.
- Toronto Touts Record Spending From Hollywood Productions in 2016
- Judge Rules Bill Cosby Case to Be Decided by Outside Jury
- 'Snowden' Financing Explored in $3 Million Fraud Lawsuit
Trump Says Oscars Blunder Occurred Because Everyone Was Too Focused on Him
"I’ve been to the Oscars. There was something very special missing, and then to end that way was sad,” the president said in an interview with Breitbart.
How Big of a Corporate Scandal Is PwC Facing After Oscars Flub?
Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers has overseen the Academy's ballot-counting process for 83 years.
'Fantastic Beasts' Wins First Oscar for 'Harry Potter' Franchise
The original eight films earned a collective 12 nominations but always went home empty-handed.
Oscars: A Closer Look at the Results That Were Overshadowed By the Chaos
THR's awards columnist tries to make sense of one of the biggest upsets in Oscar history.
- Oscars: Steve Harvey Tells Warren Beatty, "Call Me," After Best Picture Snafu
- Oscars 2018 Predictions: Way-Too-Early Best Picture Picks
- Oscars' Second Snafu: In Memoriam Segment Showed Still-Alive Producer
- Oscars: Iranian Foreign Minister Lauds 'Salesman' Cast and Crew for Foreign-Language Win, Anti-Trump Stance
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'When We Rise' Transgender Star Ivory Aquino Fights to "Share My Story"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Oscars 2017: Red Carpet Photos
The 89th annual awards ceremony — hosted by Jimmy Kimmel — takes place at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on Feb. 26.
Eric Miller, Jazz Producer and Record Executive, Dies at 75
He helped Norman Granz launch Pablo Records in the early 1970s and produced albums for the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk and Ray Charles.
Jackie Evancho's Transgender Sister Wins Federal Court Ruling Over School Bathrooms
Sony, EMI Beat Dru Hill's Royalties Lawsuit
Ariana Grande, Future's 'Everyday' Music Video Applauds All Kinds of Love
Oscars: "City of Stars" From 'La La Land' Wins Best Original Song, Lyricist Dedicates to "All the Kids Who Sing and Write"
Michael Jackson's Mother Enters Estate Legal Fray
Judge Tosses Song-Stealing Suit Against Real-Life 'Glee' Show Choir
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
That's What I Like
'Wakey, Wakey': Theater Review
Michael Emerson plays a man reflecting while the clock ticks on time, mortality and gratitude for life's lingering gifts in Will Eno's typically idiosyncratic little play about big questions.
'The Penitent': Theater Review
A psychiatrist's personal and professional life becomes threatened when he refuses to testify on behalf of a former patient in David Mamet's new drama.
'Game of Thrones' Parodies Proliferate as Filming Wraps on Season 7
As fans wait out the winter until the new season of the HBO fantasy behemoth airs this summer, a pair of parodies hit the boards in Los Angeles.
'Dear World': Theater Review
Tyne Daly plays the leading role in this rare semi-staged concert presentation of Jerry Herman's 1969 flop musical.
'Sunday in the Park With George': Theater Review
Reprising their roles on Broadway after an acclaimed concert staging, Jake Gyllenhaal and Annaleigh Ashford burrow deeper into the landmark musical about making art by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine.
Oscars: Amazon Scores Multiple Wins for Streaming Service
Netflix, meanwhile, won an Oscar for its documentary short 'The White Helmets.'
Oscars: Meet the Man Responsible for the Live Sound
Paul Sandweiss describes a busy week of rehearsals and says he "won't censor anything."
Dan Abrams Launching Online Video Network Devoted to Live Court Trials
It's Court TV meets Cheddar TV with the coming trials of Aaron Hernandez and War Machine on tap.
Entertainment Industry Top Executives to Hit Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, Turner CEO John Martin, Vice Media CEO Shane Smith and AT&T Entertainment Group CEO John Stankey are among the speakers.
- Spotify Launches Original Podcasts From Gimlet Media, Panoply Studios
- Fox Exec Bullish on HDR, CBS VP Says Network "Hasn't Made Any Decision Yet"
- Fox Says Netflix Dispute May Disrupt Business Operations at Highest Level
- Warner Bros. Settles Lawsuit Against Talent Agency for Distributing Oscar Screeners
- Brian Robbins to Step Down as AwesomenessTV CEO (Exclusive)
- Landmark Cinemas CEO: “I Love Tentpoles but I Need More Than That”
- Disney Digital Studio GM Outlines "Biggest Challenges" In Delivering Quality Cinema Experiences