China Advances Film Industry Law, Cracks Down on "Western Values"
Topics addressed in the draft of China's film industry rulebook include market access for foreign movies, censorship and how to handle artists "tainted" by drug and prostitution scandals.
Rainforest Charity Urges Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to Repay Donations Linked to 'Wolf of Wall Street' Scandal
The Bruno Manser Funds, focused on Malaysian rainforest protection, accuses the star of "double standards" for his environmental charity that is alleged to have accepted donations linked to an international money laundering scandal.
EU Orders Apple to Pay $14.5 Billion in Back Taxes
The European commission hands Apple a record fine for violating European law in its tax dealings with Ireland.
Riz Ahmed on 'The Night Of' Finale Ambiguities, Season 2 Hopes
The 'Rogue One' star discusses how he charted Naz's journey from student to hardened prisoner.
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
"Why are we still talking about how women look?"
- Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
- Little People, Big Woes in Hollywood: Low Pay, Degrading Jobs and a Tragic Death
- Kim Masters: My Battles With CAA's Michael Ovitz and the Truce That Never Was
- Oscar Voters Ponder Nate Parker and 'Birth of a Nation': "I Would Not Go to the Movie"
- Michael Wolff: Why Univision's $135M Gawker Buy Is a Desperation Play for Millennials
Critic's Notebook: Toronto, Telluride and Venice Film Fests Promise Riches After Cruel Summer
After a dismal summer movie season, the big fall festivals feature a slate of intriguing offerings, from the much buzzed-about gay drama 'Moonlight' to new works by Oliver Stone and Clint Eastwood and an original musical starring Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.
- Border Patrol Agents Argue About Humanity Underneath "Drug Mules" and "Criminals" in Exclusive 'Transpecos' Clip
- Venice Days Chief Discusses Female-Focused Lineup
- 'Louder Than Bombs,' 'Land of Mine,' 'Sparrows' Nominated for Nordic Council Prize
- Riz Ahmed Talks 'The Night Of' and 'Rogue One,' Freestyle Raps on 'Late Show'
- Russo Brothers to Form Production Venture With China's Huayi
- 'When the Bough Breaks' Premiere: Cast Praises Jaz Sinclair on First Major Role
'Gotham' Season 3 First Look: Jim Gordon Prepares to Battle a "Mad City" (Exclusive Photo)
'Grimm' to End With Sixth and Final Season on NBC
It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7
'Let the Right One In' Reboot Scores TNT Pilot Pickup
Alison Brie to Star in Netflix Wrestling Comedy 'GLOW' From Jenji Kohan
TV Ratings: MTV VMAs Drop Again, Draw 6.5 Million Viewers Across Nets
Kevin Bacon on the Fame Exploration Behind Amazon's 'I Love Dick'
Nicole Byer Won't Apologize For Her Comedy (But She'll Always Read the Comments)
Critic's Notebook: Was 'The Night Of' Finale the Cat's Pajamas?
Jamie Foxx's Showtime Comedy Adds 'CSI: Miami' and 'Pitch Perfect' Grads
What 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Can Learn From TV's Unlikely Musical Episodes
Marcia Clark Legal Drama Scores NBC Put Pilot Commitment
Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
Mark Zuckerberg Touts Virtual Reality at Rome Town Hall
"We are a tech company, not a media company," the Facebook CEO also says.
IMG Original Content Enters Podcasting with ESPN's Tony Kornheiser (Exclusive)
Ann Coulter Rips "Comedy Central's Decision to Shift Away From Humor" After Brutal Roast Insults (Q&A)
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Gloria Steinem ('Woman')
- History's 'Knightfall' Series to Continue Shooting in Prague After Fire
- China Box Office: 'Jason Bourne,' 'Ice Age: Collision Course' Neck-and-Neck as Hollywood Releases Return After Blackout Period
- Director of Martin Sheen Movie Filmed in Spanish and English Says Bilingual Actors Are "the Future of Filmmaking"
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Emmys 2016: Who Should Win, Who Will Win
Months of shoulda, coulda, woulda wind up here as final Emmy verdicts are in from THR’s awards analyst Scott Feinberg, who assesses what will win, and chief TV critic Tim Goodman, who shares what should win (hint: 'Game of Thrones' and 'Veep' are gonna clean up).
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Jerry Seinfeld ('Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee')
The 62-year-old comedy legend asserts 'Seinfeld' was never "a show about nothing" and was ripped off by 'Friends' ("our show with better-looking people"); Donald Trump would be welcome on his web series ("He is buffoonish enough"); he'd like to act in the next 'Star Wars' film (playing a character named "Areyouserious"); and much more.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Tracy Morgan ('Saturday Night Live')
"Most people that suffer the injuries that I suffered aren't hosting no f—ing TV show," the beloved TV comedian, a guest actor in a comedy series Emmy nominee for his October 2015 hosting of 'Saturday Night Live,' says in reference to the car wreck that nearly claimed his life in June 2014. "They're in vegetative states."
Emmy Nominees: All of Their Past Wins and Nominations
- MTV Video Music Awards: List of Winners
- 'Embrace of the Serpent' Wins Best Film at Santiago Film Festival
- Oscars: Who Will Academy Tap for Governors Awards? (Analysis)
- Emmys: Hank Azaria, Allison Janney and 8 More Guest Actors on What Their Character's Own Show Would Be Like
MTV VMAs: Red Carpet Photos
Music’s biggest names — including Beyonce, Rihanna, Kanye West, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj — are stepping out for the VMAs at Madison Square Garden in New York on Aug. 28.
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
twenty one pilots
MTV VMAs: Beyonce's Mini-Concert, Kanye's Speech and 10 More Memorable Moments
Beyonce commanded the stage with a 15-minute medley performance of her 'Lemonade' hits, while Kanye delivered an uninterrupted six-minute speech that touched on everything from gun violence to Taylor Swift.
Snoop Dogg's Lawsuit Against Pabst Brewing Clears Big Hurdle
Justin Bieber Clarifies He Has Not Returned to Instagram
MTV Video Music Awards 2016: TV Review
John Lennon's Killer Mark Chapman Denied Parole
MTV VMAs: 14 Things You Didn't See on TV
Teyana Taylor: 5 Things to Know About Star of Kanye West's 'Fade' Video
Burning Man Turns 30: The Joys, Pitfalls (and Drugs) of Hollywood's "Vacation for the Soul"
Industry "Burners" from Brad Falchuk to Dana Brunetti discuss the boundary-pushing wild festival in the desert, where inhibitions give way to abandon (drugs: yes; pants: optional), artists do extraordinary installations and the rich (of course) threaten tradition with private chefs, $10,000 tents and air conditioning.
'The Layover': Theater Review
Annie Parisse and Adam Rothenberg play strangers who connect in a one-night stand that casts a lingering spell in Leslye Headland's dark comedy.
Jennifer Holliday Returning to Broadway in 'The Color Purple'
The Tony-winning breakout star of 'Dreamgirls' will end a 15-year absence when she steps into the role of juke-joint singer Shug Avery in the hit musical revival.
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
- John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Slash Slashes His L.A. Mansion Price by $1M (Photos)
- Slash Slashes His L.A. Mansion Price by $1M