Critic's Notebook: Are Fox's 'Lethal Weapon' and 'The Exorcist' Helped or Hurt by Recognizable Titles?
It's not enough to be an OK buddy cop show or an OK demonic possession show when you're called 'Lethal Weapon' or 'The Exorcist.'
'Mad Men' Creator Matthew Weiner Sets TV Return With Amazon Anthology
The untitled contemporary series hails from The Weinstein Co. and landed at the streaming service with an eight-episode straight-to-series order.
'The Incredibles 2' Moves Up to Summer 2018; 'Toy Story 4' Pushed to 2019
The two Pixar films are swapping release dates.
Kevin Hart in Talks to Play Santa Claus in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow' (Exclusive)
Will Packer, who worked with Hart on the 'Ride Along' movies and was an exec producer on 'Roots,' is producing with John Jacobs ('Ted').
- Box Office: Can Ron Howard's 'Inferno' Crack the Code?
- Why High-Concept TV Shows Are Suddenly All the Rage (Again)
- 'Waco' Miniseries Starring Taylor Kitsch Lands at Spike TV
- TV Ratings: World Series Is Off to a Strong Start
- THR Critics' Conversation: Sundance TV's 'Rectify' Kicks Off Final Season, Greatness Intact
- 10 of Kate McKinnon's Most Memorable Hillary Clinton Impressions
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Disney Plans Musical 'Oliver Twist' With Ice Cube, 'Hamilton' Director (Exclusive)
Get ready for Ice Cube as Fagin.
- Critic's Picks: 10 Scariest Movies of All Time
- '78rpm': Film Review
- Gerard Butler to Star in Millennium Films' 'Angel Has Fallen' Threequel
- 'Inferno' L.A. Premiere: Tom Hanks, Felicity Jones and Ron Howard Talk Latest Robert Langdon Chapter
- Michael Massee, Actor Involved in Fatal Accident During Filming of 'The Crow,' Dies at 61
- 'New Life': Film Review
'Walking Dead' Star Jeffrey Dean Morgan Doesn't See Negan as a Villain
Ian Somerhalder, Nikki Reed Ink Pod Deal With Warner Bros. TV
'Castle' Grad Stana Katic to Star in AXN Crime Drama 'Absentia'
'Big Brother OTT': Former Players Talk Viewers' Vote Impact and the Key to Winning Over America
Tech Dramedy 'Loaded' Scores AMC Series Order
Bryce Dallas Howard Says Her 'Black Mirror' Social Media Nightmare "Is Happening Already"
'Walking Dead,' 'The Flash' Season Debuts Draw Strong U.K. Ratings
NFL Ratings Not Causing Him "Too Much Concern," NBCU CEO Says
Gideon Raff Talks Adapting Original 'Homeland' for India, Political Tensions
'This Is Us' Creator Reveals Game Plan Behind Big Jack Reveal
'Walking Dead' Star Andrew Lincoln: Season 7 Is More 'Lord of the Rings' Than 'Lord of the Flies'
TV Ratings: 'Walking Dead' Bloodbath Matches All-Time Audience High
This Week’s Issue
Love in Black & White
"Fifty years is not that long ago — not for this shit to be going down," says Joel Edgerton of 'Loving,' a real-life drama about an outlawed marriage with sudden relevance in today's racially charged election
- How Interracial Romance 'Loving' Became the Most Relevant Movie This Election Season
- NBC's New 'Apprentice' Star Arnold Schwarzenegger Arrives With Trump-Like Baggage
- Michael Wolff on Billy Bush and How the Media Wrung Trump Dry Before Toppling Him
- Warren Beatty's New Movie Has 16 Credited Producers: "It's Deplorable"
- How the Chicago Cubs Could Boost World Series Ratings (and Give Fox a $30M Advertising Windfall)
Comcast's Brian Roberts Mum on AT&T-Time Warner, Says "We Have a Fabulous Company"
"The Comcast element has lent a great, great stimulus to NBCUniversal," says the latter's boss, Steve Burke.
NBCUniversal Third-Quarter Earnings Rise, Helped by Rio Olympics
The company, led by CEO Steve Burke, posts a lower film profit, but lauds the success of 'Secret Life of Pets,' as parent Comcast adds 32,000 video subscribers for its best third quarter in a decade.
Hollywood Earnings Season to Show Olympics, Election Effects
“Major events clearly skewed this quarter's ad revenue and ratings,” says one analyst as the earnings parade will take place amid talks about a possible CBS-Viacom deal.
Twitter Planning More Layoffs (Report)
The job cuts could affect around 300 people, or 8 percent of the social media company's workforce.
- Snap Interactive Wants Judge to Bar Snapchat From Changing Its Name to Snap Inc.
- AT&T's DirecTV Now Streaming Service to Cost $35 a Month
- AT&T CEO Calls Donald Trump and Tim Kaine "Uninformed" About Time Warner Merger
- Sumner Redstone Sues Ex-Companions for Elder Abuse to Reclaim $150M in Gifts
- Content Industry Gets Favored Interpretation of "Repeat Infringers" in MP3Tunes Appeal
- $10 Billion Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Against Charter Survives First Amendment Scrutiny
- Mahesh Samat to Return as Head of Disney India
Oscars: Documentary Short Subject Contenders Unveiled
Five nominees will be chosen from the list of ten.
Billboard Touring Awards: Beyonce, Bruce Springsteen and Coldplay Lead Finalists
The awards show, in its 13th year, honors the artists, executives, companies and venues behind the most successful tours and events of the year.
Natalie Portman to Get Hollywood Actress Award for 'Jackie'
Janelle Monae of 'Hidden Figures' and the cast of 'Gold' are also receiving honors.
Shania Twain to Receive Icon Award, Halsey Named Rising Star at Billboard Women in Music 2016
They join Woman of the Year recipient Madonna as stars who will be honored at this year's Women in Music event, set for Dec. 9 in New York.
- Queen Latifah, Leslie Odom Jr. Honored at Princess Grace Awards Gala
- Oscars: Raunchy 'Sausage Party' to Get Serious Awards Push (Exclusive)
- AFI Fest: 9 Stars to Appear at THR's Indie Contenders Panel
- Harvey Keitel, Asghar Farhadi Honored at Antalya Film Festival
Chanel Haute Hijabs on Display in Boutique Windows on Rodeo Drive
In the struggling luxury market, fashion brands, particularly in Beverly Hills, are catering to foreign clientele in hopes of pulling in big-ticket purchasers.
About Last Night: Jon Hamm Rocks Tom Ford; Naomi Campbell Steps Out in All-White Gown
6 Designers Kim Kardashian Has Helped To Gain Exposure
15 Power Pantsuits That Ruled the Red Carpet
#ImWithHer on the Runway
Tilda Swinton's Wacky and Wonderful Press Wardrobe for 'Doctor Strange'
All The Stars at the Obamas' Final State Dinner at the White House
A Look at Naomie Harris' 'Moonlight' Press Wardrobe
Every Time Michelle Obama Slayed at a White House State Dinner
Fashion Biggest Names Remember Bill Cunningham
About Last Weekend: Beyonce's Sheer Magic; Katy Perry Shimmers
Duran Duran to Get ASCAP Golden Note Award
The "multiplatinum pop visionaries" will get the honor in London in November.
Hillary Clinton Gets "Happy Birthday" Serenade from Stevie Wonder
American Music Awards: Green Day, Twenty One Pilots to Perform
Phil Collins Returns to Late-Night TV With 'In the Air Tonight' Performance on 'Jimmy Fallon'
Listen to Pussy Riot's New Female-Empowerment Anthem "Straight Outta Vagina"
Lady Gaga Becomes "Lady Haha" and Jams to Her Greatest Hits for James Corden's "Carpool Karaoke"
Watch Katy Perry Celebrate Her Birthday by Casting Early Vote for Hillary Clinton
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
twenty one pilots
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
'Sunday in the Park With George': Theater Review
Jake Gyllenhaal stars opposite Annaleigh Ashford in this concert staging of the Pulitzer-winning 1984 musical by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine about art and human connection.
'Vietgone': Theater Review
Romantic sparks fly between two Vietnamese refugees in Qui Nguyen's outlandish comedy inspired by his parents' experiences.
Glenn Close to Reprise 'Sunset Boulevard' on Broadway
The actress returns to the role that won her a Tony Award 21 years ago, in a production first seen earlier this year at the English National Opera in London.
Joss Whedon's Super PAC Unveils New Anti-Trump Ad
The director's organization, Save the Day, targets the Republican nominee in a moving spot that shows how the Nov. 8 election results will potentially impact Hispanic-Americans.
Acclaimed British Director Howard Davies Dies at 71
He was nominated three times for Tony Awards for his work on 'Private Lives' in 2002, 'The Iceman Cometh' in 1999 and 'Les Liaisons Dangereuses' in 1987.
- Patton Oswalt Opens Up About How His Wife Died
- New Renovations at LAX's Terminal 6: They're Real and They're Spectacular
- Adele Endorses Hillary Clinton at Her Concert in Miami
Facebook Exec: Live Video Shouldn't Be "Only Component" of a Publisher's Strategy
Last spring, Facebook began funding a select group of media and entertainment companies to create videos for its Live broadcasting platform.
Marvel Tech VP Annie Chang Named to AMPAS SciTech Council
The Council now has 25 members.
AwesomenessTV, Verizon Tap Former Universal TV Exec Russell Rothberg for Streaming Service
He will report to Samie Kim Falvey, who joined the venture from ABC in August.
Tim Cook Says Apple Is "Open to Acquisitions of Any Size"
The iPhone maker sold more of the devices than expected but revenue was down 9 percent year-over-year.
- What AT&T Might Do to Convince Regulators to Bless the Time Warner Deal
- Showtime Streaming Service Comes to Canada
- Russian Online Video Service Tvzavr to Launch in U.S.