Oscars: 'La La Land' Ties Record With 14 Nominations
'Arrival' and 'Moonlight' followed with eight noms each.
Oscars: What the Nominees Are Saying
'La La Land' leads the race with 14 mentions, followed by 'Arrival' and 'Moonlight with eight each.
Oscar Snubs: Amy Adams, Clint Eastwood, Annette Bening and More
'Deadpool' also failed to earn any nominations despite some predicting it would score a best picture nomination.
ABC Apologizes for Mistakenly Naming Amy Adams, Tom Hanks as Oscar Nominees
"We apologize to the Academy, press and fans for any confusion," the network said after the duo were listed as nominees on Oscar.com.
- Oscar Nominations: No Repeat of #OscarsSoWhite
- Oscars: Amazon Nabs Streaming's First Best Picture Nomination With 'Manchester by the Sea'
- Oscar Nominations: 'La La Land' Writer/Director on Film's "Surreal" Record-Tying Showing
- Oscar Nominations: A New Landscape for 'La La Land,' #OscarsSoWhite and Mel Gibson
- 'Marjorie Prime': Film Review | Sundance 2017
- Roman Polanski Quits as President of France's Cesar Awards
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Al Gore reveals his 11-year journey to 'An Inconvenient Sequel' and his ongoing private talks with Trump: "I won't get into the details. I don't want the Russians to hack it."
- Al Gore on His 'Inconvenient Truth' Sequel, Private Donald Trump Talks, "Consoling" Hillary Clinton
- Sundance Hot List: 17 Movies That Will Sell
- Norman Lear: Why Do People Fall For Fake News? (Guest Column)
- Oscars Producer Welcomes Meryl Streep-Like Political Speeches: "Spontaneity Helps These Shows"
- Gavin Polone on Meryl Streep's Globes Speech and How Hollywood Can Learn to Live Under Trump
Oscars: Australia Gets First Foreign-Language Nomination
'Tanna,' a Nauvhal-language film, was shot by co-directors Bentley Dean and Martin Butler on the island of Vanuatu.
- 'Purge: Election Year' Actress Joins Blumhouse Sci-Fi Thriller 'Stem' (Exclusive)
- Thomas Jane in Talks to Join Shane Black's 'Predator' Movie (Exclusive)
- Oscar Poll: Which Films Should Win Top Honors?
- Andrew Garfield on Martin Scorsese's 'Silence' Snub: "He Knows Who He Is and No One Can Take That Away From Him"
- 'Deadpool' Oscar Snub Won't Keep Ryan Reynolds From His "Scheduled Tickle-Fight"
- Oscars: Mel Gibson's 'Hacksaw Ridge' Lands 6 Nominations
- Oscars: No Women Nominated for Best Director — Again
- Oscars: 'O.J.: Made in America' Nominated for Best Documentary
- Oscars: Nominations by Movie
- Oscars: 'Arrival's' Bradford Young Gets Cinematography Nomination
Sacha Baron Cohen Comedy Series 'Highston' Scrapped at Amazon
TV Pilot Season: Lack of Cancellations May Impact Volume
Cristela Alonzo on Her Netflix Special, Donald Trump and Her ABC Sitcom's "New Life" Online
Alan Cumming-James Patterson Drama Among CBS Pilot Pickups
Seth Meyers-Lorne Michaels High School Comedy Lands NBC Pilot Order
Virtual Reality Drama From 'Extant' Team Ordered to Pilot at NBC
TV Pilots 2017: The Complete Guide
Alec Baldwin Sets 'Saturday Night Live' Return as Host
'Quantico' Boss on Post-Trump Shift: "It's Not a Show Just About the Liberal Elite"
'The Path' Creator Discusses the Rise in Religious TV Programming, Season 2
The 24 Greatest '24' Deaths, Ranked
Greg Berlanti-Diablo Cody Comedy Ordered to Pilot at ABC
U.K. Parliament Must Vote on Brexit, Supreme Court Confirms
The ruling follows an early November high court decision that was seen as a blow to Prime Minister Theresa May.
AMC Theatres to Acquire Nordic Cinema Group in $929M Deal
"For the third time in the past 12 months, we believe we have discovered a substantial acquisition," says the exhibition giant owned by China's Dalian Wanda Group.
Bollywood Filmmaker Karan Johar's Autobiography Sparks Debate About Being Gay in India
The popular celebrity writes that he “will not say the three words that possibly everybody knows about me,” because “I live in a country where I could possibly be jailed for saying this.”
Sky Buys Into U.K. TV Producers True North, Chrysalis Vision
The European pay TV giant, in which 21st Century Fox owns a 39 percent stake and of which it is looking to take full control, has continued to grow its TV production and distribution business.
- Japan Box Office: 'Your Name' Helps 2016 Revenue Hit Record $2.1B
- Net Neutrality Foe Ajit Pai Named New FCC Head
- Tracy Morgan Ordered to Hand Over Documents in Crash Settlement Dispute
Amazon's Film Chief on Sundance Buying Plans, Rival Netflix and Apple's Possible Movie Play
'Patriots Day' Helmer Peter Berg on "Muse" Mark Wahlberg, El Chapo Movie and Directing Trump in an Oreo Ad
CBS Interactive CEO on 'Star Trek' Reboot and Convincing Leslie Moonves to Launch a Streaming Service
Oscars: Predicting the Nominations Using Just Math
'Moonlight,' 'Manchester by the Sea' and 'La La Land' lead the list of probable best picture nominees.
Oscars: 'Manchester by the Sea' Actor Lucas Hedges Shocked by His First Nomination
"It's just simply not real. It's not f—ing real!" the 20-year-old says.
Oscars: 'Kubo and the Two Strings' Is Rare Animated Feature to Be Nominated in VFX
The VFX category also includes 'The Jungle Book,' 'Arrival,' 'Deepwater Horizon' and 'Rogue One.'
Meryl Streep Reacts to 20th Oscar Nomination With Happy-Dance GIF
The actress is ready to celebrate her nomination for 'Florence Foster Jenkins.'
Power Pink: The Color of 2017
Not just for Barbies anymore, the color pink is taking on new meaning in 2017, bolstered by massive attendance at Women's Marches, and the popularity of the pink Pussyhats worn there. Here are 15 pieces, in shades from petal to fuchsia, to show off your girl power.
See All the Red, White and Blue Looks from The Trump Inauguration
Snow Boots on the Ground!
People's Choice Awards: The Best and Worst Dressed
Spot the Resemblance Between Dolce & Gabbana Models and Their Famous Family Members
8 Menswear Must-Haves to Channel Robert Redford's Sundance Style
No Biz, Like Faux Biz
Adele to Perform at Grammy Awards
She joins John Legend, Metallica, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban onstage for music’s biggest night.
Fifth Harmony, Nick Jonas and Carly Rae Jepsen to Perform at NHL All-Star Game
'The OA': Musician Sharon Van Etten on Her Acting Breakthrough (Q&A)
Newt Gingrich: Madonna Should Be Arrested for Women's March Remarks
Luke Bryan to Perform National Anthem at Super Bowl
Sprint Purchases 33 Percent Stake in Tidal
Bruce Springsteen Tells Australian Crowd He's Joining "New American Resistance"
Chart: Hot 100
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Shape Of You
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
'Tell Hector I Miss Him': Theater Review
Paola Lazaro's debut playwriting effort set in Old San Juan, features Selenis Leyva and Dascha Polanco of 'Orange is the New Black.'
'Jitney': Theater Review
Actor-turned-director Ruben Santiago-Hudson's natural feel for the plays of August Wilson yields a superb production of this final work in the late dramatist's landmark 10-part cycle to make it to Broadway.
'The Tempest': Theater Review
Director Phyllida Lloyd's trilogy, reimagining Shakespeare's classics as the performances of female prison inmates, concludes with 'The Tempest.'
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
Gov. Jerry Brown Declares State of Emergency Due to California Storms
Brown says "conditions of extreme peril" exist in 50 California counties that were drenched by winter storms.
- Donald Trump Again Inaccurately Blames Fraud for Loss of Popular Vote
- Minnesota Governor Collapses While Delivering State of State Speech
- At Least 4 Reported Dead in California Storms
Verizon Lays Off 150 Go90 Employees
The cuts come out of the company's San Jose, Calif., office where its engineering team is based.
'La La Land' to Dance Into Paris Theaters in New HDR Format
The film will play in a handful of EclairColor-supported cinemas in France.
Yahoo Says Sale to Verizon Will Close During Second Quarter of 2017
The company's $4.8 billion sale to Verizon was delayed by disclosures of two large security breaches.
YouTube Red Acquires Nick Cannon's 'King of the Dancehall' (Exclusive)
The Jamaican dancehall drama also stars Whoopi Goldberg, Busta Rhymes and Louis Gossett Jr.
- Dick Clark Productions, Twitter to Live-Stream Red Carpets From 3 Major Awards Shows
- Twitter Forces Users to Follow @POTUS and @FLOTUS Accounts
- Inauguration Day Generates More Than 12 Million Tweets