'Lion King' Remake Casts Donald Glover as Simba, James Earl Jones as Mufasa
Director Jon Favreau announced the news on Twitter.
'Logan': Film Review | Berlin 2017
Seventeen years after 'X-Men’ made him a movie star, Hugh Jackman ends his run as the Wolverine — at least for now — with a neo-Western road trip through the heartland.
'Batman' Negotiations Break Down With Director Matt Reeves (Exclusive)
Prior to Reeves, star Ben Affleck was set to direct the DC standalone.
Stephen King Anthology 'Castle Rock' From J.J. Abrams Set at Hulu
The drama will be called 'Castle Rock' after the town in King's books.
- Warren Frost, Who Played Doc Hayward on 'Twin Peaks,' Dies at 91
- 'Zootopia' Filmmakers Spoof 'La La Land,' 'Hell or High Water' With Poster Parodies (Exclusive)
- Paramount CEO Brad Grey to Exit After 12 Years
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Great Wall' Crumbling in U.S. Debut
- New 'Purge' Movie Gets Summer 2018 Release Date
- Oscar-Nominated Foreign Language Directors Weigh In on Trump's Travel Ban
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Oscar nominee Ali appears in two best picture contenders and may win for 'Moonlight' as he shares an emotional journey from childhood upheaval to a spiritual awakening to his 'I'm a Muslim' SAG awards speech in the face of Trump's ban
- 'Moonlight' Breakout Mahershala Ali in His Own Words: A Personal Journey From Childhood Upheaval to Spiritual Awakening
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: How 'La La Land' Misleads on Race, Romance and Jazz
- The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
- New England Patriots Super Bowl Hero's Life Story to Be Told in Biopic (Exclusive)
- Clive Davis' Grammy Party Class Photo: Jennifer Hudson, Chance the Rapper, DNCE and More (Exclusive)
'Logan': What the Critics Are Saying
The reviews for 'Logan' are in, and they are positive.
- DC's 'Shazam' Movie Eyeing 'Annabelle 2' Director
- 'Star Wars': Do International Titles for 'The Last Jedi' Answer Fan Questions About the Movie?
- Berlin: Hugh Jackman Calls 'Logan' a "Love Letter to Wolverine Fans"
- 'Colossal': Fan-Owned Company Helping Release Anne Hathaway's Monster Film
- 'Conjuring 2' Spinoff 'The Nun' Sets Release Date
- Berlin: Germany’s Splendid Film Picks up Russian Historical Action Film 'Scythian'
'Walking Dead' Grad Michael Cudlitz to Star in ABC Drama 'The Trustee'
Busy Philipps to Star in Tina Fey-Produced NBC Comedy 'Sackett Sisters'
'Workaholics' Star to Topline NBC's Mindy Kaling/Charlie Grandy Comedy
'The Good Fight': Meet the New Faces on 'The Good Wife' Spinoff
'Nashville': Is This the End for Connie Britton?
Could 'Scandal' Feature the First Openly Gay President?
Anna Deavere Smith, Britne Oldford to Star in Shondaland Legal Drama
Chelsea Handler's Netflix Talk Show Moves to Weekly Format for Season Two
Chris Colfer to Star in Sci-Fi TV Drama 'Indigo' (Exclusive)
Ryan Murphy Reveals 'American Horror Story' Will Tackle 2016 Presidential Election
'Good Fight': "Trumpian Universe" and CBS All Access Push 'Good Wife' Spinoff Into New Territory
'American Horror Story' Season 7: All the Details (So Far)
'Star Wars' Force Friday to Return in September as Strong Box Office Helps Drive Toy Sales
Ahead of Toy Fair, the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers Association says there are nearly two dozen "licensable" movies this year, with 'Star Wars' leading the toy charge for the past two years.
Snapchat Parent Targets Valuation of up to $22.2B, IPO Price of $14-$16 per Share
The midpoint price of $15 per share would raise approximately $2.1 billion for Snap.
Sony Pictures Television Networks Acquires truTV in U.K.
truTV, which launched in the U.K. in August 2014 and brought Conan O'Brien across the Atlantic, reached on average 3.9 million viewers each month in 2016.
Buzzfeed Has a List of Reasons Why It Shouldn't Lose Lawsuit Over "Bullsh*t News"
Yes, a court will soon be dealing with the finer points of calling someone a perpetrator of fake news.
- Berlin: Bond/360 takes 'Becoming Who I Was' for North America
- Will a Judge's Ruling Against CNN Make It Easier to Sue the Media?
- David Letterman's Production Company Beats Lawsuit From Royalty Collector
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Legion' Star Rachel Keller's Big Break From Food Trucks to 'Fargo'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Patti Cake$' Star Danielle Macdonald Goes From Lost TV Role to Sundance Breakout
'La La Land' Composer Justin Hurwitz Celebrates the "Great," "Long Process" Behind the Movie's Music
“There were so many moving parts, that the challenge was to just keep everything in check and to keep my eye on a million things at the same time," music supervisor Steven Gizicki told THR. "I absolutely loved being part of this film and being part of the firm belief in the vision of what Damien [Chazelle] wanted to do, and going to work every day for the last two years and accomplish that is amazing.”
Oscars: 'Jackie's' Composer Scored Film Before Seeing It
And that's just one tale shared as the nominated composers behind 'Passengers,' 'La La Land,' 'Lion' and 'Moonlight' also dish on the inspiration behind their process.
Oscars: How 'La La Land' Songwriters Matched Their Music to the Film's Big Moments
The musical trio and more original song nominees — from Lin-Manuel Miranda to Justin Timberlake — reveal how they crafted their tunes.
A Guide to the MPSE Golden Reel Awards for Sound Editing
Guillermo del Toro will receive the MPSE Filmmaker Award during the ceremony.
- Berlin: Polish Screenwriter Kuba Czekaj Wins 'Baumi' Script Development Award
- Oscars: Doc Nominees Take on New Importance in Trump Era
- Oscars: Dwayne Johnson, Riz Ahmed, John Cho Among Presenters
- Oscars: Jimmy Kimmel Gets a Pep Talk From Morgan Freeman in New Commercial
All the Power Pantsuits From New York Fashion Week
Pantsuits, perhaps inspired by former democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, were the dominant trend on the fall 2017 runways. The best from Thom Browne, Rosie Assoulin, Jason Wu and more.
- Cover Girl Male Ambassador's Racist Tweet Is Not Pretty
- From Puffer Jackets to Sensible Shoes, The Top Runway Trends From New York Fashion Week
- 6,000 Kobe Beef Burgers and 250 Maine Lobsters: The Post-Oscar Governors Ball by the Numbers
- #SOCIALGATHERING: What Designer Topped Twitter During NYFW?; Which Show Did Tiffany Trump Crash?
See Every Look from Yeezy Season 5
Yellow Is A Major Trend on the NYFW Runways
Grammy Awards: Red Carpet Photos
All the Stars in Calvin Klein's A-List Front Row
The Front Row at New York Fashion Week
See Every Look From Raf Simons' First Calvin Klein Collection
All the Looks from the amfAR Gala
Michael Jackson's Ex-Manager Takes the Stand in Tax Trial
Tohme Tohme's testimony could foreshadow an ugly trial ahead in his own legal fight with Jackson's estate.
With 'Dear Evan Hansen,' Broadway Charts Two Albums in Top 20 for First Time in Decades
Guild of Music Supervisors Awards: The Complete Winners List
Ed Sheeran Celebrates Birthday by Dropping New Song
Logo Sets Premiere Date for 'Strike a Pose' Doc (Exclusive Video)
It's Official: Sara Bareilles to Star in 'Waitress' on Broadway
ACM Awards: Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Maren Morris Lead Nominations
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
'Evening at the Talk House': Theater Review
A first-rate cast including Matthew Broderick, and Michael Tucker and Jill Eikenberry of 'L.A. Law,' appear in Wallace Shawn's dystopian drama receiving its New York premiere.
'Man From Nebraska': Theater Review
Tony Award-winner Reed Birney stars in the New York premiere of this 2003 play by Tracy Letts, author of 'August: Osage County.'
Off Script: Andre Holland Talks Broadway's 'Jitney' and 'Moonlight's' Impact on Oscars Diversity (Q&A)
"He doesn’t accept the role that the world is trying to give him," says Holland of his character. "I should do the same thing. It’s my civic duty to be involved, engaged and to fight for what I think is right."
'Zoot Suit': Theater Review
Director Luis Valdez leads Demian Bichir and stars from the original in this dazzling revival at the Mark Taper Forum, where the show premiered in 1978 before making history as the first Chicano Broadway musical.
Phillipa Soo Sings 'Times Are Hard for Dreamers' From Broadway's 'Amelie' Musical
The 'Hamilton' breakout stars opposite Adam Chanler-Berat in the new stage adaptation of the beloved 2001 French film.
- Raging L.A. Storm Leaves One Dead After Tree Falls on Power Lines
- Congressmen Outraged By Trump's Exchange With Black Journalist
- Harrison Ford Headed to Arizona for Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night (Exclusive)
Oscars: 'Silence' Cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto on His Partnership With Martin Scorsese
Nominated for a second Oscar this year, Prieto has worked closely with the legendary director on film and TV projects.
PewDiePie Apologizes for Anti-Semitic Comments, Calls Media Coverage an "Attack"
"This was a personal attack against me," the YouTube star says in the video.
'Hitman' Voice Actor on "Miscast" Timothy Olyphant and the Stars Who Almost Played Agent 47
"I just thought that when you took off his hair, he looked about 12 years old," says David Bateson, a 17-year veteran of the franchise.
UK eSports Network Ginx to Launch 24/7 TV Channel in Canada
In a North American first, Super Channel is going all-in with competitive video gaming by launching a linear and on-demand channel by this summer.
- Imax VR Inks Content Deals With Skydance, Ubisoft
- BuzzFeed Developing True-Crime TV Series With NBCU's Wilshire Studios
- SAG-AFTRA Launches New App for Members