Paramount Seeking Studio Chief, But Who Would Want the Job Now?
Brad Grey's exit comes amid a $450 million loss, a tug-of-war with Viacom's CFO and a plan to impose a "steering committee" to greenlight movies, which may hurt the effort to recruit his replacement.
Michael Wolff on Trump's Tech War and How Big Media Benefits
Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg and Reed Hastings openly challenge a president who may scrap net neutrality and curb globalist growth as Rupert Murdoch and more see opportunity in the chaos.
Oscars 2017: Who Will Win, Who Should Win
THR's awards analyst Scott Feinberg predicts the winners while chief film critic Todd McCarthy offers his picks for who really deserves the Academy Award.
Kyle Chandler to Star in 'Godzilla' Sequel
'Stranger Things' actress Millie Bobby Brown also will star in the film.
- An Actor's Personal Tale: I Was Thrown Out of the Academy for Sharing VHS Screeners
- Oscars: Listen to 'Awards Chatter' Podcast Episodes With 22 Nominees
- Celebrated Black Novel 'Native Son' Gets New Film Adaptation
- Narcissism Expert Analyzes Trump's Tweets About the Oscars: He Wants to Be Respected by Hollywood (Guest Column)
- 'Game of Thrones' Grad Iwan Rheon to Star in Marvel's ABC Drama 'Inhumans'
- Disney Unveils First-Look at Han Solo Movie In Cast Photo
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Oscar nominee Ali appears in two best picture contenders and may win for 'Moonlight' as he shares an emotional journey from childhood upheaval to a spiritual awakening to his 'I'm a Muslim' SAG awards speech in the face of Trump's ban
- 'Moonlight' Breakout Mahershala Ali in His Own Words: A Personal Journey From Childhood Upheaval to Spiritual Awakening
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: How 'La La Land' Misleads on Race, Romance and Jazz
- The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
- New England Patriots Super Bowl Hero's Life Story to Be Told in Biopic (Exclusive)
- Clive Davis' Grammy Party Class Photo: Jennifer Hudson, Chance the Rapper, DNCE and More (Exclusive)
'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen Joins Shane Black's 'The Predator' (Exclusive)
The 20th Century Fox movie began shooting Monday in Vancouver
- Meredith Baxter to Star in Dystopian Dramedy 'Genesis'
- Sundance Award Winner 'I Dream in Another Language' Goes to FilmRise (Exclusive)
- 'Jeepers Creepers 3' Casts Its Creeper Hunter (Exclusive)
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Kevin O'Connell ('Hacksaw Ridge')
- Charlize Theron to Star in Universal's Spy Thriller 'Need to Know'
- Anna Kendrick Learned the Verb "Vagina-ing" on 'Pitch Perfect 3'
Demi Moore Books Big Recurring Role on 'Empire'
Jason Ritter to Star in ABC Drama 'Gospel of Kevin'
All the Official Details (So Far) About Hulu's J.J. Abrams-Stephen King Drama 'Castle Rock'
Tim Robbins to Star in HBO's Alan Ball Family Drama
It's Official: Keith Cox to Lead Paramount Network and TV Land
It's Official: Sharon Levy Sets Spike Exit Amid Paramount Network Rebranding
Jack Daniel's Whiskey Drama From Aaron Paul in the Works at WGN America (Exclusive)
'Quantico' Boss on "Substituting Trump for Terrorism" in Latest Format Reboot
'This Is Us' Travels to Memphis for Emotional Randall-William Standalone Episode
'Dancing With the Stars' to Get Local Version in Brazil
Keith Cox to Lead Development at Paramount Network; Spike's Sharon Levy to Exit
BBC Worldwide Unveils Global Drama Sales as Annual Showcase in Liverpool Kicks off
Studio-by-Studio Profitability Ranking: Disney Surges, Sony Sputters
'Rogue One' and 'Captain America' help Disney CEO Bob Iger score a third straight No. 1 ranking with $2.5 billion in profit in 2016, but others face a brutal year in THR's annual breakdown of money at the six majors.
The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
Paramount re-evaluates Brad Grey's influence as industry upheavals alter internal politics all over town and committees become the norm. Gripes one producer, "You used to know whom to appeal to — and now you're not sure."
SAG-AFTRA Touts Press Freedom, Testing Political Waters in Trump Era
The issued statement comes a few weeks after attacking the travel ban.
Lakers Fire GM Mitch Kupchak, Put Magic Johnson in Charge of Basketball Operations
The shake-up, which comes two days before the NBA's trade deadline, also included owner Jeanie Buss removing her brother, Jim, from his job as executive vp basketball operations.
- Samsung Heir Arrested on Charges of Bribery
- Milo Yiannopoulos Book Canceled by Simon & Schuster
- Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart Amid Pedophilia Video Controversy
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Legion' Star Rachel Keller's Big Break From Food Trucks to 'Fargo'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Patti Cake$' Star Danielle Macdonald Goes From Lost TV Role to Sundance Breakout
Oscars Week 2017: The Complete Party (and Protest) Guide
From the Spirit Awards and the Night Before Party to Elton John's major milestone and Vanity Fair, get the scoop on all the A-list parties happening in Hollywood to celebrate all things Oscar.
Lin-Manuel Miranda on His Lifelong Oscars Obsession and Why the Show Still Matters (Guest Column)
The 'Hamilton' creator, a first-time nominee (for 'Moana'), gets personal as he recalls his childhood watching "this impossibly larger-than-life thing," his 'Seabiscuit' interpretive dance and the moments he'll never forget ("It was as if she reached through the screen to talk to me").
An Actor's Personal Tale: I Was Thrown Out of the Academy for Sharing VHS Screeners
'Godfather' actor Carmine Caridi, the only AMPAS member to be expelled for sharing screeners, reflects on his Oscar infamy ("I was doing a guy a favor, and he screwed me") and a career that might have been.
Oscar Winner John Irving Urges Hollywood to Get Political With "Outright Bias" in Acceptance Speeches (Guest Column)
The 'Cider House Rules' author, who gave a pro-choice acceptance speech for his 2000 screenplay win, wants winners to speak their mind come Sunday: "In our community, tolerance of intolerance is unacceptable."
- THR's Guide to the Independent Spirit Awards: What to Know About Saturday's Show
- Jimmy Kimmel Kicks Off Oscars Week: On "Bombing Miserably," Trump Jokes and His Matt Damon Ban (Q&A)
- Oscars: Contenders Make Closing Arguments Throughout Stressed-Out City of Stars
- Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge' Tops Feature Competition at Sound Editors' Ceremony
London Fashion Week: At Burberry, a Focus on Craft and Clicks
CEO and Creative Director Christopher Bailey continues his streak as a tech-minded industry innovator, selling direct from the runway clothes that felt touched by human hands.
12 NYFW Looks We Want To See On The Red Carpet
See Every Look from Yeezy Season 5
Yellow Is A Major Trend on the NYFW Runways
Grammy Awards: Red Carpet Photos
All the Stars in Calvin Klein's A-List Front Row
The Front Row at New York Fashion Week
See Every Look From Raf Simons' First Calvin Klein Collection
All the Looks from the amfAR Gala
Univision and Deezer Partner to Showcase Emerging Latin Music
'Va Por Ti' season two winner Nayi will be the first artist to be featured on both platforms.
Katy Perry Goes Back to the Future in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
'Beauty and the Beast': Emma Watson Sings Opening Number, "Belle"
John Oliver Uses Russian Techno Song to Warn Trump About Putin
Russell Simmons Headlines NYC Rally Protesting Trump Immigration Policies
Aaron Carter Attacked at Concert After Being Accused of Racial Remark
Michael Jackson's Ex-Manager Takes the Stand in Tax Trial
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
'On the Exhale': Theater Review
Marin Ireland plays a mother devastated by gun violence in Martin Zimmerman's pithy one-person play.
'Evening at the Talk House': Theater Review
A first-rate cast including Matthew Broderick and 'L.A. Law's' Michael Tucker and Jill Eikenberry appear in Wallace Shawn's dystopian drama receiving its New York premiere.
Michael Moore Presents His "10-Point Plan to Stop Trump"
"Let's make Trump toast again."
Lindsay Lohan Says She Was "Racially Profiled" While Wearing a Headscarf
The actress told a talk show Tuesday that she was stopped at London's Heathrow Airport.
George Clooney's New Way to Criticize Trump: Branding Him a "Hollywood Elitist"
Also, he deems the president's top strategist Stephen Bannon "a failed film writer and director."
- Trump Hollywood Star Vandal Gets Sentenced
- David O. Selznick's Former Beverly Hills Estate Lists for $19.9M (Exclusive)
- Jamie Foxx Targeted With Racial Slur During 'Robin Hood: Origins' Shoot in Croatia
Facebook in Talks to Live Stream MLB Games (Report)
The social network recently struck a deal with Univision to live stream Mexican soccer matches.
BAMTech Names Amazon's Michael Paull as CEO
The appointment comes as MLBAM's Bob Bowman steps back from an operational role at the company partially owned by Disney and the NHL.
Digital Stocks Steady Amid Rancor Between Trump and Silicon Valley
Big technology stocks remain unfazed — some have even hit all-time highs since the election — but now the tech industry has to "rethink how to get the ear of the emperor," says SouthBay Research's Andrew Zaitlin.
Uber Hires Eric Holder to Investigate Gender Discrimination Claims
Claims of harassment and discrimination first surfaced when a former Uber engineer posted a scathing blog post about her experience there on Sunday.
- PewDiePie Apologizes for Anti-Semitic Comments, Calls Media Coverage an "Attack"
- 'Hitman' Voice Actor on "Miscast" Timothy Olyphant and the Stars Who Almost Played Agent 47
- UK eSports Network Ginx to Launch 24/7 TV Channel in Canada