PETA Calls for Boycott of 'A Dog’s Purpose' After On-Set Video Surfaces
The canine seen in TMZ's disturbing video posted earlier on Wednesday came from Birds & Animals Unlimited, says the animal rights' group.
People's Choice Awards 2017 Winners List
Ellen DeGeneres became the most-decorated winner in history at the awards show.
Al Gore on His 'Inconvenient Truth' Sequel, Private Donald Trump Talks, "Consoling" Hillary Clinton
At home in Tennessee with the former vice president as he opens up about his Sundance opening-night film, his climate-change crusade, his surprising admiration for Vladimir Putin and environmental discussions with the president-elect: "He was receptive."
Monica Lewinsky Saga in the Works as 'American Crime Story' Season (Exclusive)
Ryan Murphy has optioned Jeffrey Toobin's book 'A Vast Conspiracy: The Real Sex Scandal That Nearly Brought Down a President.'
- 'This Is Us' Renewed for Second and Third Seasons at NBC
- Constance Wu: Why I'm Going to the Women's March on Washington (Q&A)
- 'Will and Grace' Revival Officially a Go at NBC
- 'Frontier': TV Review
- Paul McCartney Sues Sony to Regain Rights to Beatles Songs
- Sundance Hot List: 17 Movies That Will Sell
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Al Gore reveals his 11-year journey to 'An Inconvenient Sequel' and his ongoing private talks with Trump: "I won't get into the details. I don't want the Russians to hack it."
- Al Gore on His 'Inconvenient Truth' Sequel, Private Donald Trump Talks, "Consoling" Hillary Clinton
- Sundance Hot List: 17 Movies That Will Sell
- Norman Lear: Why Do People Fall For Fake News? (Guest Column)
- Oscars Producer Welcomes Meryl Streep-Like Political Speeches: "Spontaneity Helps These Shows"
- Gavin Polone on Meryl Streep's Globes Speech and How Hollywood Can Learn to Live Under Trump
Vanessa Redgrave to Get Lifetime Achievement Award at Dublin Film Festival
Ben Wheatley, Cillian Murphy, Jack Reynor, Anna Friel and Aiden Gillen will also appear at the February event.
- Will 'La La Land' Have Lionsgate Investors Dancing in 2017?
- Dave Franco Exits CAA for WME
- Donald Trump's 2020 Presidential Slogan Same as Horror Movie 'Purge: Election Year'
- Sundance: Digital Series 'Pineapple' Acquired by Blackpills
- 'Make America Great?' Short Film Imagines Trump-Era Dystopia
- Matthew McConaughey Reveals How His Late Father Shaped Lead Role in 'Gold'
Esquire Network Cable Channel to Shutter, Will Relaunch as Digital Brand
'Star Trek: Discovery' Delayed Again as Spock's Father Is Cast
'Major Crimes' Renewed for Sixth Season at TNT
NBC's 'The Wall' Scores 20-Episode Pickup
There Will Be a Key 'Ugly Betty' Reunion on NBC's 'Superstore'
Jerry Seinfeld Teams With Netflix for Two Stand-Up Specials, More 'Comedians in Cars'
'Fargo' Enlists Hamish Linklater for Season 3 (Exclusive)
'This Is Us' Creator Breaks Down Standalone Episode
Berlin: European Film Market Expands TV Focus
Shondaland Legal Drama From 'Scandal' Writer Lands ABC Pilot Pickup
Jessica Biel Anthology 'The Sinner' Picked Up to Series at USA Network
'The Arrangement' Creator Dodges Scientology Comparisons
Sheryl Sandberg: "People Don’t Want to See Hoaxes on Facebook, and We Don't Want to Either"
The social media giant is committed to addressing fake news, the COO tells the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Forest Whitaker Talks U.S. Under Trump, Race Relations, Hollywood in Davos
“We have to come to the table and find some common ground,” he tells the World Economic Forum. “Right now we’re polarized."
Univision, Mexico's Televisa Unify Content Development, Production Under Isaac Lee
As chief content officer, he will continue to report to Univision president and CEO Randy Falco and now also to Televisa president Emilio Azcarraga Jean.
Matt Damon on How Beer-Drinking Millennials Can Help Him Fight the Water Crisis
At the World Economic Forum in Davos, the star and Water.org co-founder discusses a cooperation with Stella Artois, but isn't sure "how receptive" studios would be to donate some of their proceeds from his movies.
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Says "Open-Minded, Listening" Donald Trump Should Be Given "Some Time"
- DGA Executive Director Jay Roth Stepping Down
- GKIDS Ups David Jesteadt to President
Octavia Spencer Named 2017 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year
The 'Hidden Figures' actress will be roasted by the Harvard student theatrical group Jan. 26.
Publicists Guild Nominations Revealed
The awards will be handed out Feb. 24.
Grammys: John Legend, Metallica, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban to Perform
James Corden hosts the Feb. 12 awards show at the Staples Center.
Oscars Producer Welcomes Meryl Streep-Like Political Speeches: "Spontaneity Helps These Shows"
"I don't like this attitude that just because someone's a celebrity, their right of free speech is taken away," says Michael De Luca, who isn't opposed to onstage activism even if many viewers and advertisers might wince and others fear movie fans saying, "I can't watch those damn people."
- David Bowie, Rihanna, Little Mix Score Nominations for 2017 Brit Awards
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery Sets Partnerships With the Academy, Sundance Institute
- SAG Awards: Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton to Present Lily Tomlin With Life Achievement Honor
- Thelma Schoonmaker, Janet Ashikaga to Get ACE Career Achievement Honors
- Xavier Dolan's 'It's Only the End of the World' Leads Canadian Screen Award Film Nominations
- Feinberg Forecast: Oscar Standings During a Week of Purgatory
- Curzon to Get BAFTA Award for "Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema"
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Ryan Reynolds ('Deadpool')
Top Designers, Hollywood Stylists Say "No Thanks" to Dressing Melania Trump for Inauguration
Marc Jacobs declined, while Tommy Hilfiger and Diane von Furstenberg both said they would dress her — and Ralph Lauren is predicted to be one of the First Lady-elect’s inaugural fashion designers.
Spot the Resemblance Between Dolce & Gabbana Models and Their Famous Family Members
8 Menswear Must-Haves to Channel Robert Redford's Sundance Style
No Biz, Like Faux Biz
About Last Night: Janelle Monae's Tuxedo Dress; Jessica Biel's Look of Love
About Last Night: Elle Fanning's Simple Ivory Stunner; Sienna Miller Sparkles in Gucci
The Best-Dressed Dudes at the Golden Globes
See All the Golden Globes After-Party Looks
#CoupleGoals: The Cutest Pairs on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
Golden Globes: The Best Behind-the-Scenes Moments on Instagram
Quincy Jones' Royalties Dispute With Michael Jackson Estate Inches Toward Trial
One music icon and the estate of another are set to go to trial Feb. 21.
Azealia Banks Says She "Would Love" to Perform at Donald Trump's Inauguration
Kesha Opens Up About the Effects of Dr. Luke Lawsuit in Emotional Interview
Alanis Morissette Manager Admits to Stealing Nearly $5M From Singer
Beyonce Supports Women's March on Washington: "We Can Make Our Voices Heard"
Janelle Monae to Perform at Women's March on Washington
Ed Sheeran Delayed Releasing 'Divide' in November Because of Donald Trump
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
'The Tempest': Theater Review
Director Phyllida Lloyd's trilogy, reimagining Shakespeare's classics as the performances of female prison inmates, concludes with 'The Tempest.'
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
'The Present': Theater Review
Richard Roxburgh plays a philandering schoolteacher and Cate Blanchett the love that slipped through his fingers in Andrew Upton's post-perestroika update of Chekhov's first play, which comes to Broadway from Sydney Theatre Company.
Mark Ruffalo Steps Into Broadway's 'The Price'
The Oscar-nominated actor will join the cast of Roundabout Theatre Company's Arthur Miller revival, replacing John Turturro, who has bowed out due to his filming schedule.
Broadway Celebrates New Year With Record Weekly Grosses
'Hamilton,' 'Wicked' and 'The Lion King' all soared past $3 million, with a host of other $1 million-plus earners pushing the overall total close to $50 million for the history-making week.
- 'Mean Girls' Musical on Track for Fall 2017 World Premiere
- Steve Harvey Responds to Criticism About "Asian Men" Jokes
- Twitter Users Mock Trump's Photo "Writing" His Inaugural Address
Thrillist Parent Group Nine Media Appoints Richard Beckman, Suzanne Kolb to Executive Roles (Exclusive)
Beckman was previously CRO at Vice Media and Kolb hails from Group Nine investor Discovery.
Is Apple Getting Serious About Original Content?
"They really are trying to figure it all out," says one insider about the company's dive into producing movies and TV shows, starting with the upcoming Dr. Dre series 'Vital Signs.'
YouTube Strikes Development Deals With Creators Following Sundance Program (Exclusive)
The streamer will continue to work with Devin Graham, Anna Akana, Jasmeet Singh and pair Allison Raskin and Gaby Dunn with the goal of greenlighting new shows for subscription service YouTube Red.
Vine Stars Pay One Last Tribute as Twitter Shuts Down Video App
Vine is turning into a camera app that will post six-second videos to Twitter.
- Tencent Partners on China Release of 'La La Land'
- Donald Trump's Twitter Rant Against John Lewis Sparks 1.5M Mentions
- Facebook to Test Fake News Filtering in Germany