Oscar Voter Reveals Her Brutally Honest Ballot: Meryl Streep "Like a Clown," 'La La Land' "Not Memorable," 'Arrival' "Just Sucked"
An Academy voter makes her case for 'Hell or High Water' ("It will be remembered as a true American classic"), says Emma Stone wasn't "as wonderful as people are saying," and explains why Viola Davis is in the wrong category ("That really irks me").
2017 Costume Designers Guild Award Winners: The Complete List
'La La Land,' 'American Horror Story' and 'Hidden Figures' took home honors Tuesday night.
Oscars 2017: Who Will Win, Who Should Win
THR's awards analyst Scott Feinberg predicts the winners while chief film critic Todd McCarthy offers his picks for who really deserves the Academy Award.
Leah Adler, Mother of Steven Spielberg, Dies at 97
She was a concert pianist and a painter and most recently the owner of a kosher restaurant in Los Angeles called The Milky Way.
- Seth Meyers Introduces His Award-Worthy Film, 'Oscar Bait'
- Martin Scorsese's 'The Irishman' Heads to Netflix From Paramount
- Paramount Seeking Studio Chief, But Who Would Want the Job Now?
- 'This Is Us' Creator Breaks Down the Show's Cathartic and Tear-Inducing Farewell
- Kyle Chandler to Star in 'Godzilla' Sequel
- Michael Wolff on Trump's Tech War and How Big Media Benefits
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Oscar nominee Ali appears in two best picture contenders and may win for 'Moonlight' as he shares an emotional journey from childhood upheaval to a spiritual awakening to his 'I'm a Muslim' SAG awards speech in the face of Trump's ban
- 'Moonlight' Breakout Mahershala Ali in His Own Words: A Personal Journey From Childhood Upheaval to Spiritual Awakening
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: How 'La La Land' Misleads on Race, Romance and Jazz
- The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
- New England Patriots Super Bowl Hero's Life Story to Be Told in Biopic (Exclusive)
- Clive Davis' Grammy Party Class Photo: Jennifer Hudson, Chance the Rapper, DNCE and More (Exclusive)
'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen Joins Shane Black's 'The Predator' (Exclusive)
The 20th Century Fox movie began shooting Monday in Vancouver
- Jennifer Garner Joining Fox's 'Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda'
- Richard McMillan, Canadian Stage and Screen Veteran, Dies at 66
- 'Star Wars': New Chewbacca Actor Honors Peter Mayhew After Taking on the Role
- Oscar Box Office: 'La La Land' Leads Best Picture Nominees With $340.5M Globally
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Image Confirms James Franco Casting
- Meredith Baxter to Star in Dystopian Dramedy 'Genesis'
Demi Moore Books Big Recurring Role on 'Empire'
Jason Ritter to Star in ABC Drama 'Gospel of Kevin'
All the Official Details (So Far) About Hulu's J.J. Abrams-Stephen King Drama 'Castle Rock'
Tim Robbins to Star in HBO's Alan Ball Family Drama
It's Official: Keith Cox to Lead Paramount Network and TV Land
'The Mick' Renewed for Second Season at Fox
It's Official: Sharon Levy Sets Spike Exit Amid Paramount Network Rebranding
Jack Daniel's Whiskey Drama From Aaron Paul in the Works at WGN America (Exclusive)
'Quantico' Boss on "Substituting Trump for Terrorism" in Latest Format Reboot
'This Is Us' Travels to Memphis for Emotional Randall-William Standalone Episode
'Dancing With the Stars' to Get Local Version in Brazil
Keith Cox to Lead Development at Paramount Network; Spike's Sharon Levy to Exit
Studio-by-Studio Profitability Ranking: Disney Surges, Sony Sputters
'Rogue One' and 'Captain America' help Disney CEO Bob Iger score a third straight No. 1 ranking with $2.5 billion in profit in 2016, but others face a brutal year in THR's annual breakdown of money at the six majors.
The New Power of "Yes": Who Actually Has Greenlight Authority at the Movie Studios
Paramount re-evaluates Brad Grey's influence as industry upheavals alter internal politics all over town and committees become the norm. Gripes one producer, "You used to know whom to appeal to — and now you're not sure."
Landmark Cinemas CEO: “I Love Tentpoles But I Need More Than That”
Speaking Monday at the HPA Tech Retreat, the exec also said he’s not looking to launch virtual reality at his theaters.
SAG-AFTRA Touts Press Freedom, Testing Political Waters in Trump Era
The issued statement comes a few weeks after the union criticized the travel ban.
- Verizon Revises Yahoo Acquisition Terms, Shaving $350M Off Price Tag
- Samsung Heir Arrested on Charges of Bribery
- Milo Yiannopoulos Book Canceled by Simon & Schuster
- Milo Yiannopoulos Resigns From Breitbart Amid Pedophilia Video Controversy
- Google, Bing Agree to Help U.K. Creative Industries Fight Pirate Sites
- Big Brands Suspend, Limit Digital Advertising in U.K. After Report Saying It Helps Fund Extremists
- China Box Office: 'xXx' Wins Second Weekend, Beating 'La La Land,' 'Sing'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Wife' Breakout Cush Jumbo on How Trump's Election Changed the Spinoff's Pilot
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Legion' Star Rachel Keller's Big Break From Food Trucks to 'Fargo'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Patti Cake$' Star Danielle Macdonald Goes From Lost TV Role to Sundance Breakout
Oscars Week 2017: The Complete Party (and Protest) Guide
From the Spirit Awards and the Night Before Party to Elton John's major milestone and Vanity Fair, get the scoop on all the A-list parties happening in Hollywood to celebrate all things Oscar.
Lin-Manuel Miranda on His Lifelong Oscars Obsession and Why the Show Still Matters (Guest Column)
The 'Hamilton' creator, a first-time nominee (for 'Moana'), gets personal as he recalls his childhood watching "this impossibly larger-than-life thing," his 'Seabiscuit' interpretive dance and the moments he'll never forget ("It was as if she reached through the screen to talk to me").
An Actor's Personal Tale: I Was Thrown Out of the Academy for Sharing VHS Screeners
'Godfather' actor Carmine Caridi, the only AMPAS member to be expelled for sharing screeners, reflects on his Oscar infamy ("I was doing a guy a favor, and he screwed me") and a career that might have been.
Oscar Winner John Irving Urges Hollywood to Get Political With "Outright Bias" in Acceptance Speeches (Guest Column)
The 'Cider House Rules' author, who gave a pro-choice acceptance speech for his 2000 screenplay win, wants winners to speak their mind come Sunday: "In our community, tolerance of intolerance is unacceptable."
- ITN Productions Top Executive Talks First Oscar Nomination, U.S. Expansion
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Damien Chazelle ('La La Land')
- Oscars: Listen to the Best Original Song Nominees
- THR's Guide to the Independent Spirit Awards: What to Know About Saturday's Show
Can Politics Move From the Runway to Retail?
“We have one of the greatest opportunities in fashion in a long time," says retail industry analyst Marshal Cohen.
12 NYFW Looks We Want To See On The Red Carpet
See Every Look from Yeezy Season 5
Yellow Is A Major Trend on the NYFW Runways
Grammy Awards: Red Carpet Photos
All the Stars in Calvin Klein's A-List Front Row
The Front Row at New York Fashion Week
See Every Look From Raf Simons' First Calvin Klein Collection
All the Looks from the amfAR Gala
Univision and Deezer Partner to Showcase Emerging Latin Music
'Va Por Ti' season two winner Nayi will be the first artist to be featured on both platforms.
Katy Perry Goes Back to the Future in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
'Beauty and the Beast': Emma Watson Sings Opening Number, "Belle"
John Oliver Uses Russian Techno Song to Warn Trump About Putin
'Suicide Squad,' 'Star Trek Beyond' Among Winners at Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards
Russell Simmons Headlines NYC Rally Protesting Trump Immigration Policies
Aaron Carter Attacked at Concert After Being Accused of Racial Remark
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)
Zayn / Taylor Swift
'Everybody': Theater Review
Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, the author of such acclaimed plays as 'An Octoroon' and 'Gloria,' delivers an experimental modern riff on the 15th-century morality play, 'Everyman.'
Tom Hanks Plans First Book 'Uncommon Type'
'Uncommon Type,' publishing in October, features 17 short stories about typewriters.
'On the Exhale': Theater Review
Marin Ireland plays a mother devastated by gun violence in Martin Zimmerman's pithy one-person play.
'Evening at the Talk House': Theater Review
A first-rate cast including Matthew Broderick and 'L.A. Law's' Michael Tucker and Jill Eikenberry appear in Wallace Shawn's dystopian drama receiving its New York premiere.
Nick Cannon Threatens National Enquirer With Lawsuit Over Upcoming Article
The piece allegedly questions his mental health and claims ex-wife Mariah Carey will petition for custody of their children.
- Park Service Investigating "Refugees Welcome" Banner on Statue of Liberty
- Michael Moore Presents His "10-Point Plan to Stop Trump"
- Lindsay Lohan Says She Was "Racially Profiled" While Wearing a Headscarf
Disney Digital Studio GM Outlines "Biggest Challenges" In Delivering Quality Cinema Experiences
“The number of color masters would represent a puzzle that I think would challenge Rubik," he said Tuesday at the HPA Tech Retreat.
Facebook in Talks to Live Stream MLB Games (Report)
The social network recently struck a deal with Univision to live-stream Mexican soccer matches.
BAMTech Names Amazon's Michael Paull as CEO
The appointment comes as MLBAM's Bob Bowman steps back from an operational role at the company partially owned by Disney and the NHL.
Digital Stocks Steady Amid Rancor Between Trump and Silicon Valley
Big technology stocks remain unfazed — some have even hit all-time highs since the election — but now the tech industry has to "rethink how to get the ear of the emperor," says SouthBay Research's Andrew Zaitlin.
- A Guide to the MPSE Golden Reel Awards for Sound Editing
- Oscars: 'Silence' Cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto on His Partnership With Martin Scorsese
- PewDiePie Apologizes for Anti-Semitic Comments, Calls Media Coverage an "Attack"