J.J. Abrams Prepping Space Drama for HBO
'Glare' brings Abrams' Bad Robot back to the premium cable network home to 'Westworld.'
'Duck Dynasty' Producers Fired and Sued by ITV Studios (Exclusive)
The news comes days after Scott and Deirdre Gurney were temporarily suspended amid an internal fraud investigation.
How Trump's Presidency May Affect Hollywood's EEOC Gender Probe
The investigation into systemic discrimination against female directors, which was launched by the commission last September, could take a step back as the president-elect moves into the White House.
Oscars: 'La La Land' Asks the Academy to Take Song and Dance Seriously
Francis Ford Coppola and Martin Scorsese found out that original musicals aren't in voters' sweet spot. But Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling still hope to charm in Damien Chazelle's romantic frontrunner.
- Nanci Ryder's Heartbreaking Battle: As ALS Robs Her of Eating and Driving, Power Publicist Still Curses Like a Sailor
- Jimmy Kimmel's Co-Head Writer: My Week of "I'm Sorry" — and Why I'm Not Sorry About Saying It (Guest Column)
- Box Office: 'Office Christmas Party' Takes $950K Thursday
- Hollywood's 50 Favorite Female Characters
- 21st Century Fox Makes Offer to Buy Full Control of Sky
- 'Shameless' Star Emmy Rossum Demands Equal Pay (and More) for Season 8 (Exclusive)
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
'Wonder Woman' Director Patty Jenkins: How to Make a Female Heroine "Vulnerable," But Not "Lesser in Any Way"
The first feature about the invisible-jet-flying heroine, out next summer, also is the first studio superhero film helmed by a woman. Jenkins talks pressure — and why heroes should be nice.
- Amy Adams to Be Honored by Palm Springs Film Fest
- 'Silence,' 'Sully' Among AARP's Movies for Grownups of 2016
- Illumination's Chris Meledandri Talks Success Secrets, Rumors He'll Head DreamWorks
- An Inside Look at Illumination's 24/7 Operation, From L.A. to Paris
- Alan Menken Writes "Full-Throated Love Song" for Will Ferrell-John C. Reilly Comedy 'Holmes & Watson'
- 'Bad Moms' to 'Jason Bourne': Which 2016 Films Pass (or Flunk) the Sexism Test?
'Walking Dead': 7 Burning Questions (and Predictions) for the Midseason Finale
Donald Trump "Has a Big Stake" in New 'Apprentice,' Says Transition Team
'Pitch' Boss on Finale Ending, Potential Summer Run and That Cubs Joke
'Strike Back' Revived for Fifth Season at Cinemax
The Tina Fey Interview, by David Letterman
Geri Wang to Retire as ABC Sales President
'Good Girls Revolt' Creator Slams Amazon Over Cancellation: "They Run Some People Out"
Jenna Bans Family Drama Scores NBC Pilot Pickup
'Westworld' Finale: Ed Harris Talks Through Man in Black Reveal, Season 2 Expectations
'Westworld' Cast and Crew Share Their Best Anthony Hopkins Stories
'Hairspray Live!': What Was Different From the 2007 Movie Musical?
'Good Girls Revolt': Here Are the Networks Eyeing the Canceled Amazon Drama (Exclusive)
22 Hollywood Assistants Dish on Biggest Triumphs, Lowest Moments and Craziest Tales
Current and former aides talk about what they do for industry heavyweights — from Julia Louis-Dreyfus to Seth Rogen — as they lean on one another, plot their ascensions and argue (with humor) that they don't just fetch coffee: "Don't be ignorant. There are lunch orders, too."
Sherry Lansing, Dawn Steel and Sue Mengers: When the Broads Faced the Raging Bulls in '70s Hollywood
The '70s were a time of creative fertility in Hollywood, but the renaissance mostly didn't include women until a group of pioneers planted seeds of equality still being sown today.
China's Edko to Remake Yamada Yoji's 'What a Wonderful Family!'
Huang Lei's Chinese remake of the family comedy is the latest sign that ties between Asia's two biggest film industries are growing ever closer.
Media Companies Rally Behind Rolling Stone Bid to Overturn Defamation Verdict
The Washington Post, AP and others submit an amicus brief that argues the verdict will discourage the news media from correcting errors.
- Women in Entertainment: Donna Langley, Ava DuVernay, More Share Secrets to Being Heard in Any Meeting
- My Mother, the Lawyer, Had Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe Lining Up (Guest Column)
- Michael Jackson's Executor, Manager Ordered to Testify in Billion-Dollar Tax Battle
Director Roundtable: Mel Gibson, Denzel Washington and 4 More on Paralyzing Fears, Cast and Crew Complaints
The contenders — also including Oliver Stone, Barry Jenkins, Damien Chazelle and Mira Nair — discuss first gigs, the backlash over 'The Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker's rape trial, and their "painful" directing process: "It's like trying to cram 10 pounds of shit into a 5-pound bag."
WGA TV Nominations Include 'Westworld,' 'This Is Us' and 'Stranger Things'
Reigning comedy champ 'Veep' also scores, while 'Better Call Saul' and 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' dominate.
Robert Downey Jr. Honored by Don Cheadle at Make-A-Wish Gala
“Honestly I never expected Tony Stark to define my purpose, or that ‘Iron Man’ would be much more than just a fun creative paycheck that kept doubling every 10 minutes for a decade,” Robert Downey Jr. said at the annual gala.
AFI Names Top Movies, TV Shows for 2016
'O.J.: Made in America,' a nearly eight-hour long documentary that aired on TV, receives a special award.
- THR Women in Entertainment 2016: Inside the Star-Studded Power 100 Breakfast
- Tina Fey Ponders Her Future in Hollywood: "What Is My Role Once Nobody Wants to Grab Me by the Pussy Anymore?"
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Sting ('Jim: The James Foley Story')
- DGA Announces Diverse Student Film Winners
This Week’s Issue
Women in Entertainment Power 100
Executive of the Year Shari Redstone speaks — plus the major movers, shakers and goddamn geniuses of 2016
- The Hollywood Reporter's 2016 Women in Entertainment Power 100
- The Tina Fey Interview, by David Letterman
- Hollywood's 50 Favorite Female Characters
- What to Do With Pussy (the Word, That Is) After Trump's Election
- Sherry Lansing, Dawn Steel and Sue Mengers: When the Broads Faced the Raging Bulls in '70s Hollywood
Our Favorite Looks From THR's Women in Entertainment Breakfast
From Emma Stone's bright yellow number to Simone Biles' pumpkin pantsuit, it was a colorful morning at THR's annual breakfast.
Fashion Awards 2016: Red-Carpet Arrivals
About Last Weekend: Jessica Chastain Opts for Black and White; Jennifer Hudson Is a Glowing Goddess
Sheer, Short and Shiny: The Best Looks From the Victoria's Secret Afterparty
2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris Hair & Makeup and Backstage
About Last Night: Rihanna Goes Sporty in Fenty x Puma; Katy Perry's Winter White
Hollywood Hearts Dior
Haute (Hollywood) Holidays
One Direction Singer Louis Tomlinson's Mother Dies at 43
Johannah Deakin died of leukemia.
Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Join Forces on 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song "I Don't Wanna Live Forever"
Appeals Court Reviews The Turtles' Royalties Dispute With Pandora
Mick Jagger Becomes a Dad for 8th Time at 73
Niall Horan, Shawn Mendes, More to Perform at the Billboard Hollywood Party on New Year's Eve
Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Dies at 69
Yoko Ono Writes Plea for Gun Control on Anniversary of John Lennon's Murder
Chart: Hot 100
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Side To Side
Ariana Grande Featuring Nicki Minaj
'The Band's Visit': Theater Review
Tony Shalhoub stars in the Atlantic Theater's world premiere of this latest musical from David Yazbek, composer of 'The Full Monty' and 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels,' based on the acclaimed 2007 Israeli film.
The Heroin-Addict Actress, The Interventionist and a Grieving Mother's Court Fight: "She Didn't Want to Die"
Eight months after Warren Boyd, who helped the likes of Robert Downey Jr. and Courtney Love get clean, took on aspiring Beverly Hills actress Amy Breliant as a client, the young woman was dead. Now Boyd — along with 'Star Wars' actress Carrie Fisher — will face a civil lawsuit.
Behind the Explosive Growth of West L.A.'s Sober-Living Industry
Efforts to regulate homes and addiction treatment facilities that have metastasized in communities like Malibu and Pacific Palisades have failed, but new legislation may finally bring change.
'Tiny Beautiful Things': Theater Review
Nia Vardalos stars in the Public Theater's world premiere of her play adapted from the best-selling self-help book by Cheryl Strayed, author of 'Wild.'
Harold Prince's 'Prince of Broadway' to Bow in Summer 2017
Co-directed by Prince and Susan Stroman, the musical revue combines biographical elements with iconic numbers staged by the veteran showman throughout his celebrated six-decade career.
- 'The Babylon Line': Theater Review
- 'Dear Evan Hansen': Theater Review
- Celebrity Photog Harry Benson on Donald Trump: "He's Good for Our Business"
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Goes From Indie Musician to Mind-Reading Witch
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Netflix Content Chief Ted Sarandos Takes Shot at Amazon Studios: They Aren't "Gaining Much Traction"
Netflix plans to release more than 1,000 hours of original programming in 2017.
IAC Chairman Barry Diller: "We Don't Have a Clue" How Trump Will Handle M&A
The media mogul spoke about the results of the election and why he supports net neutrality.
Vice Creates Apprenticeship Program for Former Inmates
The media company will employ five people who formerly were incarcerated for a six-month apprentice program.
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Doesn't Think Fake News "Swayed the Election"
"We're looking at things, like working with third parties, helping to label false news, doing the things we can do to make it clearer what's a hoax on Facebook," she said in an interview that aired on Thursday's 'Today.'
- YouTube Red to Stream Horror Comedy '12 Deadly Days' From Blumhouse TV
- Donald Trump Invites Tech Leaders to Policy Summit (Report)
- Election, Olympics and Pokemon Go Top Twitter Trends of the Year
- YouTube Reports $1 Billion Paid to Recording Industry Through Advertising This Year
- Supreme Court Throws Out $399M Judgment Against Samsung in iPhone Patent Dispute With Apple
- AOL CEO Tim Armstrong "Cautiously Optimistic" Yahoo Acquisition Will Happen
- YouTube Plans Christmas Special Starring Mariah Carey, Rudy Mancuso