Actor Roundtable: Jeff Bridges, Casey Affleck and 4 More on "Brutal" Superhero Roles, Dream Second Careers
Six contenders — also including Mahershala Ali, Andrew Garfield, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dev Patel — on what it takes to play a real-life person, making a drug dealer likable, turning down parts and the agony of acting: "The very thing you love is the thing you hate."
'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'Get Down' Star Justice Smith (Exclusive)
J.A. Bayona is directing the project, which is in preproduction.
'A Bronx Tale': Theater Review
Robert De Niro and Jerry Zaks co-direct this musical version of Chazz Palminteri's one-man play about growing up in an Italian-American neighborhood, also turned into a 1993 film.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Natalie Portman ('Jackie')
One of the finest actresses of her generation looks back on child stardom, her decision to attend college (and refusal to attend graduate school) and the two films she's made with Darren Aronofsky, 'Black Swan' ("It was very lucky it happened exactly when it happened") and 'Jackie' ("one of the most incredible creative experiences — if not the most incredible creative experience — of my life").
- 'Gilmore Girls' Revival Appears to Be a Huge Ratings Hit for Netflix
- Donald Trump Kicks Off "Thank You Tour," Slams "Dishonest Press"
- 'La La Land' Named Best Film by New York Film Critics Circle
- Andrew Sachs, 'Fawlty Towers' Actor, Dies at 86
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Advances Broadway Plans
- 'Sons of Anarchy' 'Mayans' Spinoff Gets Pilot Order at FX
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Interviews Denzel Washington and Viola Davis on Race, Family and 'Fences' in the Trump Era
Actress Roundtable: Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Taraji P. Henson and 4 More on Stage Fright, Onscreen Rape and How to Research Playing a Crack Addict
Megyn Kelly Gets Candid: "Dangerous" Roger Ailes, Her Trump Saga, That Offer and Why She Won't Call Herself a Feminist
Andrew Garfield Says Missed Opportunities With Spider-Man Were "Absolutely Devastating"
"Spider-Man was my favorite superhero, my first superhero costume when I was a 3-year-old at Halloween," the actor told THR.
- Tom Cruise Shares First Teaser for 'The Mummy' Reboot: "She Is Real"
- Jeff Bridges Helped Rewrite 'Iron Man' at the Last Minute
- Box-Office Preview: 'Moana' to Enjoy Thanksgiving Leftovers on Sleepy Weekend
- Making of 'Jackie': How a Chilean Director Convinced Natalie Portman to Play the Grieving First Lady
- Sundance Unveils Competition Titles, Including Gulf War Drama, ISIS Doc, Pair of Post-Ferguson Films
- Mahershala Ali on Playing Strong Characters: "How People See You Can Become Very Narrow" | Actor Oscar Roundtable
- Why Hasn't 'Star Wars' Hired a Female Director?
- James Gunn on Trailer Pressures and Nearly Shelving the First 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Teaser
- Jackie Kennedy: 16 Actresses Who Have Played the Former First Lady
- Amazon Studios to Sponsor Athena Film Festival's Unproduced Screenplay List
'Gilmore Girls' Bosses Discuss Final Four Words, Rory Criticism and Possible Future Installments
Sam Worthington to Star in Discovery's Unabomber Drama 'Manifesto' (Exclusive)
Regina King to Star in Netflix Crime Drama 'Seven Seconds' (Exclusive)
Investigation Discovery Greenlights First TV Movie; Guillermo Diaz and Carrie Preston to Star (Exclusive)
TV Ratings: Dolly Parton Dwarfs 'Empire' in Viewers, NBC Movie Steady With 2015
'Nashville' Season 5 Trailer Revealed, CMT Sets Premiere Sneak Peek
'Full House' Creator Purchases Original Tanner House in San Francisco (Exclusive)
Steven Bochco Remembers "Role Model" Grant Tinker
'Masters of Sex' to End With Season 4 on Showtime
'Westworld': Jeffrey Wright on the Show's Second Major Bernard Twist
Critic's Notebook: Network Chiefs Opt for Cowardly Collusion in Skipping TCA
CBS Midseason Schedule Adds More Drama, Slots 'Ransom' on Saturday
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down
Schultz, who will remain at the company as executive chairman, will be succeeded by current president and chief operating officer Kevin Johnson.
4D Cinema Firm CJ 4DPlex Takes Aim at Virtual Reality Market With Simuline "Merger"
The company also wants to grow its theme park presence.
Writers Guild Sets Negotiating Committee for Producer-Union Talks
The committee includes an array of screen and television writers from both coasts.
Virtual and Augmented Reality Firm Osterhout Design Group Raises $58 Million
21st Century Fox is an investor and strategic partner.
- Director Renny Harlin on Staging His Second Act in China (Q&A)
- China's Wanda to Receive Further Scrutiny for U.S. Entertainment Takeovers (Report)
- Turner CEO Says Donald Trump "Really Cares About What CNN Is Saying," Talks AT&T-Time Warner Deal
Jimmy Fallon, Questlove Star in First Golden Globes Promo
The 'Tonight Show' host showed off his holiday light display in the spot.
'La La Land' to Receive Best Ensemble Acting Award at Capri Hollywood
The prime Oscar contender is picking up another honor in Italy.
Annette Bening to Get Casting Society's Career Achievement Award
The actress recently appeared in '20th Century Women' and 'Rules Don't Apply.'
'The Red Turtle': How the Indie Became an Animated Feature Contender
The film recently earned five Annie Award nominations including best animated indie feature and best direction.
- NBR Picks Keep Focus on Indie Standouts 'Manchester' and 'Moonlight'
- Gotham Awards Red-Carpet Arrivals
- Ridley Scott to Get Lifetime Achievement Award From DGA
- 'Manchester by the Sea' Named Best Film by National Board of Review
This Week’s Issue
Race, Family and the Trump Era
Denzel Washington and Viola Davis bring 'Fences,' the 'King Lear' of African-American plays, to film as a 33-year-old piece of art about "this tyrannical cycle" of prejudice in America takes on sudden urgency.
- Will Amazon Go Global to Challenge Netflix?
- Inside Steven Mnuchin's Hit-and-Miss Path From Hollywood to Treasury Secretary Pick
- Meet Steven Mnuchin's Actress-Author Fiancee
- MTV's New Chief on His Strategy to Lure Millennials
- 'Rogue One' Writer Tony Gilroy to Make Millions Off Reshoots
Tommy Hilfiger Is Headed to Los Angeles Next Season
The designer will show the next Tommy x Gigi collection on Venice Beach one day before the official kickoff of New York Fashion Week.
2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris Hair & Makeup and Backstage
About Last Night: Rihanna Goes Sporty in Fenty x Puma; Katy Perry's Winter White
Hollywood Hearts Dior
Haute (Hollywood) Holidays
All the Looks from Marion Cotillard's 'Allied' Press Tour
Exclusive Portraits of Rachel McAdams, Tracee Ellis Ross and More With Their Beauty Experts
High Slit Highlights
The Best and Worst Dressed at the AMAs
All the Chokers At the AMAs
The Rolling Stones' New Album 'Blue & Lonesome' Has Dropped
The Rolling Stones' latest studio album is the rock legends’ first LP in more than a decade.
Listen to John Legend's New Album 'Darkness and Light'
Guns N' Roses Invite Mexico City Fans Onstage to Smash Donald Trump Pinata
Katy Perry Thanks Hillary Clinton, Teases New Music in Emotional Instagram Post
'Hamilton Mixtape': Watch Performances by Andra Day, Ja Rule and Ashanti
Dolly Parton Starts Fund to Help Victims of Tennessee Wildfire
Kanye West Released From Hospital
Chart: Hot 100
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Goes From Indie Musician to Mind-Reading Witch
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Tony-Winning Play 'The Humans' to Close on Broadway
The show will play its final performance on Jan. 15 and kick off a national tour in November 2017.
'Ride the Cyclone': Theater Review
The members of a high school choir killed in an amusement park tragedy wait in purgatorial limbo for a vote on who gets to return to life in this macabre new musical.
Off Script: Jason Sudeikis Talks Playing Robin Williams' Iconic Role in 'Dead Poets Society' Onstage (Q&A)
The actor tells THR about managing the election's effect on the adaptation, receiving Bill Hader's 'SNL'-esque gift and dieting in solidarity with Olivia Wilde.
'Sweet Charity': Theater Review
Sutton Foster returns to the stage between seasons of 'Younger' to play the unlucky-in-love dancehall hostess in this musical based on Federico Fellini's 'Nights of Cabiria.'
Rosie O'Donnell Apologizes to Melania Trump for Autism Comments
The actress posted a tweet apologizing for a video she shared about Trump's son Barron.
- President Obama Lights National Christmas Tree for Final Time, Shares "Message of Unity"
- Art Basel Miami Beach: Dizzying, Dazzling and Full of Dollar Signs
- Donald Trump Voices His Support for Los Angeles Olympic Bid
Netflix Introduces Downloads for Offline Viewing
"While many members enjoy watching Netflix at home, we’ve often heard they also want to continue their 'Stranger Things' binge while on airplanes and other places where internet is expensive or limited," the company said.
HBO, Cinemax Subscriptions Now Available Through Amazon
Amazon Prime members can pay $15 a month to stream HBO programming.
Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Launches Video Game Division
The first two projects published from Annapurna Interactive are a hand-illustrated puzzle game and a set of playable short stories.
Pilgrim, 343 Industries Developing 'Halo' E-Sports Series
The reality competition series will feature the game 'Halo 5: Guardians.'
- 'Robocop' Studio Claims Security Firm Is Free-Riding on Its Films
- Annie Awards: 'Zootopia,' 'Kubo and the Two Strings' Lead Noms as Indies Prove Strong Competitors
- CNN to Acquire Video Sharing App Maker Beme