'La La Land': Venice Review
Damien Chazelle's follow-up to 'Whiplash' is an LA-set musical starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as a couple of Hollywood strivers who fall in love.
Oscars: ABC Renews Contract Through 2028
The previous contract was set to expire in 2020.
'The Light Between Oceans': Film Review
Michael Fassbender, Alicia Vikander and Rachel Weisz star in Derek Cianfrance's period melodrama about a childless couple that finds a newborn washed ashore.
Chris Brown Arrested on Suspicion of Assault With a Deadly Weapon
A woman called police Tuesday morning seeking assistance.
- ABC Casts Nick Viall as Next 'Bachelor'
- Gene Wilder's 'Wonka' Co-Star Reveals Secrets of Classic Shoot
- Mel Brooks Remembers Gene Wilder on 'The Tonight Show': "I'm Still Reeling"
- Batman's Big Screen Villains Ranked from Worst to Best
- Taylor Kitsch to Play David Koresh in Weinstein Co. Limited Series 'Waco' (Exclusive)
- Kelly Le Brock Recalls Her Last Encounter With Gene Wilder
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
"Why are we still talking about how women look?"
- Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
- Little People, Big Woes in Hollywood: Low Pay, Degrading Jobs and a Tragic Death
- Kim Masters: My Battles With CAA's Michael Ovitz and the Truce That Never Was
- Oscar Voters Ponder Nate Parker and 'Birth of a Nation': "I Would Not Go to the Movie"
- Michael Wolff: Why Univision's $135M Gawker Buy Is a Desperation Play for Millennials
Hayden Christensen Joining Bruce Willis in 'First Kill' (Exclusive)
The actor has inked a two-picture deal with Emmett/Furla/Oasis.
- Kathryn Bigelow's Detroit Riot Drama Adds Kaitlyn Dever (Exclusive)
- Critic's Notebook: Toronto, Telluride and Venice Film Fests Promise Riches After Cruel Summer
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Director Damien Chazelle Talk Bringing Back Hope in Films
- Who Will Host and Produce the Oscars? The Contenders Emerge (Analysis)
- Oscars: Bosnia Selects 'Death in Sarajevo' for Foreign-Language Category
- New 'Rogue One' Toys Get a Stylish First Look
- 'Nocturama': Film Review
- Watch Coldplay Perform "Pure Imagination" in Honor of Gene Wilder
- Forget 'Justice League,' What If Zack Snyder Directed 'The Catcher in the Rye'?
- ‘At the End of the Tunnel’ (‘Al Final del Tunel’): Film Review
Adam Scott, Craig Robinson to Star in Fox Comedy 'Ghosted'
'Criminal Minds' Ups Paget Brewster to Series Regular in Wake of Thomas Gibson Firing
'Dancing With the Stars' Enlists Ryan Lochte, Amber Rose and Rick Perry
'You're the Worst' Season 3 Will Explore Family (and Responsibility)
'Gotham' Season 3 First Look: Jim Gordon Prepares to Battle a "Mad City" (Exclusive Photo)
'Grimm' to End With Sixth and Final Season on NBC
Riz Ahmed on 'The Night Of' Finale Ambiguities, Season 2 Hopes
It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7
'Let the Right One In' Reboot Scores TNT Pilot Pickup
Alison Brie to Star in Netflix Wrestling Comedy 'GLOW' From Jenji Kohan
TV Ratings: MTV VMAs Drop Again, Draw 6.5 Million Viewers Across Nets
Kevin Bacon on the Fame Exploration Behind Amazon's 'I Love Dick'
Renee Zellweger on Aging in Hollywood, Gender Inequality, Politics and Her Six-Year Break
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
EU Orders Apple to Pay $14.5 Billion in Back Taxes
The European commission hands Apple a record fine for violating European law in its tax dealings with Ireland.
Rainforest Charity Urges Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to Repay Donations Linked to 'Wolf of Wall Street' Scandal
The Bruno Manser Funds, focused on Malaysian rainforest protection, accuses the star of "double standards" for his environmental charity that is alleged to have accepted donations linked to an international money laundering scandal.
China Advances Film Industry Law, Cracks Down on "Western Values"
Topics addressed in the draft of China's film industry rulebook include market access for foreign movies, censorship and how to handle artists "tainted" by drug and prostitution scandals.
Mark Zuckerberg Touts Virtual Reality at Rome Town Hall
"We are a tech company, not a media company," the Facebook CEO also says.
- Blind Melon Sues "Insane" Songwriters for Covering Up 'No Rain' Infringement
- Tribune Media Sells Chicago's Tribune Tower for Up to $240M
- China’s Alpha Group Launches L.A.-Based Feature Animation Unit
- Milo Yiannopoulos Documentary in the Works as Outrageous Tour Demands Revealed (Exclusive)
- IMG Original Content Enters Podcasting with ESPN's Tony Kornheiser (Exclusive)
- Ann Coulter Rips "Comedy Central's Decision to Shift Away From Humor" After Brutal Roast Insults (Q&A)
- Russo Brothers to Form Production Venture With China's Huayi
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Emmys: Rami Malek, Thomas Middleditch, 12 More Actors Reveal Their Favorite Scenes (Face Plant? Bring It On!)
Plus, their favorite lines of dialogue and favorite episodes as TV’s top actors open up about their nominated work.
Emmys 2016: Who Should Win, Who Will Win
Months of shoulda, coulda, woulda wind up here as final Emmy verdicts are in from THR’s awards analyst Scott Feinberg, who assesses what will win, and chief TV critic Tim Goodman, who shares what should win (hint: 'Game of Thrones' and 'Veep' are gonna clean up).
Warren Beatty's Howard Hughes Movie 'Rules Don't Apply' to Open AFI Fest
Emmy Poll: Which Show Should Win Best Drama Series?
- HPA to Honor Visual Effects House The Mill for Blackbird Car Rig
- Beyonce Breaks Record for Most VMA Wins
- MTV Video Music Awards: List of Winners
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Jerry Seinfeld ('Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee')
Fall's Understated 'In-The-Know' Bags
Shop 10 must-have bags (no rockstuds in sight!) that fashion leaders like Dakota Fanning and Eva Chen are already carrying
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
twenty one pilots
Chris Brown's Legal Problems: A Timeline of Trouble
Chris Brown Emerges From Home After Police Serve Warrant
Kevin Bacon and Jimmy Fallon Sing Horse-Filled Version of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'"
Gene Wilder Remembered: 5 of His Greatest Musical Moments
Snoop Dogg's Lawsuit Against Pabst Brewing Clears Big Hurdle
Rudy Giuliani Blasts Beyonce's VMAs Performance: "I Saved More Black Lives"
VMAs: Beyonce and Kanye West Among Top Moments on Social Media
Burning Man Turns 30: The Joys, Pitfalls (and Drugs) of Hollywood's "Vacation for the Soul"
Industry "Burners" from Brad Falchuk to Dana Brunetti discuss the boundary-pushing wild festival in the desert, where inhibitions give way to abandon (drugs: yes; pants: optional), artists do extraordinary installations and the rich (of course) threaten tradition with private chefs, $10,000 tents and air conditioning.
'The Layover': Theater Review
Annie Parisse and Adam Rothenberg play strangers who connect in a one-night stand that casts a lingering spell in Leslye Headland's dark comedy.
Jennifer Holliday Returning to Broadway in 'The Color Purple'
The Tony-winning breakout star of 'Dreamgirls' will end a 15-year absence when she steps into the role of juke-joint singer Shug Avery in the hit musical revival.
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
- John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Nick Offerman, Michelle Obama Star in Funny Or Die's 'History of Exercise'
- Francis Ford Coppola's Vineyard Sues Winemaker for Mimicking Its Label
Kristen Bell to Produce Animated Kids Series for Gaumont
'Do, Re & Mi' will be a musical show aimed at pre-school children, the first project under new Gaumont animation head Nicolas Atlan.
Jessica Alba to Mentor Startups in Apple's 'Planet of the Apps'
Twitter Gives Creators New Ways to Make Money
Joshua Pines, Michelle Munson Among 16 New SMPTE Fellows
- Mark Zuckerberg Meets With Pope Francis at the Vatican
- Photographer Blasts PETA's Appeal in "Monkey Selfie" Lawsuit
- Comcast Beats Spanish-Language Broadcaster's Discrimination Complaint