It's Official: Donald Trump Sworn In as 45th President
Trump supporters and protesters gathered in Washington ahead of the swearing-in ceremony while dozens of Democratic lawmakers are boycotting the event.
Inauguration Day: See Obamas Greet Trumps at White House
The moment marks the peaceful transfer of power that President Obama has preached since President-elect Trump's election.
Melania Trump Goes With Ralph Lauren For Inauguration Day
The new First Lady went with an iconic American designer.
Inauguration: Street Artist Targets Hollywood Anti-Trumpers With '24' Spoof Posters
Protesters are gathering Friday in Los Angeles for something called "United Against Hate Inauguration March,” where Sabo posted several fake advertisements for '24: Legacy.'
- @POTUS, @FLOTUS Twitter Accounts Make the Transition
- Hillary Clinton Explains Her Inauguration Day Attendance With One Tweet
- Celebrities Take to Twitter on Trump's Inauguration Morning
- Sundance: ‘An Inconvenient Sequel’ Debuts to Rapturous Response
- Protesters Smash Windows, Pepper Sprayed Near Trump Inauguration
- Obama Sends Final Tweets From @POTUS Twitter Account
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Al Gore reveals his 11-year journey to 'An Inconvenient Sequel' and his ongoing private talks with Trump: "I won't get into the details. I don't want the Russians to hack it."
- Al Gore on His 'Inconvenient Truth' Sequel, Private Donald Trump Talks, "Consoling" Hillary Clinton
- Sundance Hot List: 17 Movies That Will Sell
- Norman Lear: Why Do People Fall For Fake News? (Guest Column)
- Oscars Producer Welcomes Meryl Streep-Like Political Speeches: "Spontaneity Helps These Shows"
- Gavin Polone on Meryl Streep's Globes Speech and How Hollywood Can Learn to Live Under Trump
Berlin Festival Rounds Out Lineup With Stanley Tucci, Catherine Deneuve Titles
The final titles that will compete for this year's Gold and Silver Bears during the Feb. 9-Feb. 19 fest are now set.
- How 'La La Land' Can Avoid the Hidden Dangers of Being an Oscar Frontrunner
- 'Dayveon': Film Review | Sundance 2017
- Investor Jeffrey Ubben on Putting Money in Fox, UTA and Sundance Movies
- California Defends IMDb's Challenge to Actor Age Censorship Law
- Weekend Box Office: 'Split' Scares Up $2M Thursday Night; 'xXx: Xander Cage' Earns $1.2M
- 'The Resurrection of Gavin Stone': Film Review
'Black-ish' Spinoff in the Works at ABC
Magic Procedural From 'Blindspot' Trio, Futuristic War Drama Land ABC Pilot Pickups
'Sneaky Pete' Renewed for Second Season at Amazon
Marvel's 'Inhumans' Taps Feature Director for Imax Episodes (Exclusive)
Jane Lynch to Play Janet Reno in Discovery Unabomber Drama
'Scandal' Sets Darby Stanchfield-Directed Web Series Ahead of Season 6 (Exclusive)
Monica Lewinsky Saga in the Works as 'American Crime Story' Season (Exclusive)
'This Is Us' Renewed for Second and Third Seasons at NBC
Comedy Central Sets First Local Production in Middle East
Esquire Network Cable Channel to Shutter, Will Relaunch as Digital Brand
'Will and Grace' Revival Officially a Go at NBC
'Star Trek: Discovery' Delayed Again as Spock's Father Is Cast
AT&T Added More Than 200,000 Video Subs in Fourth Quarter, "Entirely Driven by DirecTV Now"
The streaming service launched at the end of November.
Trump Inauguration: How Networks in U.K., Russia, Mexico and Beyond Will (or Won't) Cover It
Canadian networks promise blanket coverage of the day's events in Washington, D.C.
Google Co-Founder: Davos World Economic Forum Is Like Burning Man "Except We're All Wearing Clothes"
Sergey Brin, president of Google parent Alphabet, tells the event in Switzerland about the company's culture, why governments and businesses should collaborate more and how he may still finish his PhD.
LionTree Opens Paris Office Citing France's "Vibrant" Digital Sector
The investment and merchant banking firm focused on media, technology and telecommunications advised Starz on its sale to Lionsgate and Charter on its acquisitions of Time Warner Cable and Bright House.
- Author Sued for "Children's Versions" of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's,' '2001: A Space Odyssey'
- At Senate Hearing, Steven Mnuchin Addresses 'Avatar' Profits, Relativity, Hollywood's Chinese Influence
- Berlin Festival Adds Digitally Restored 'Terminator 2,' 'Annie Hall'
- Amazon's Film Chief on Sundance Buying Plans, Rival Netflix and Apple's Possible Movie Play
- Chris Milk, Spike Jonze Creating Virtual Reality Film as Part of New FoxNext/Within Partnership
- Sky Deutschland Pushes Further Into Originals With Nordic Noir Series
- Red Arrow's Karga Seven Launches Turkish Production Operation
Watch THR's Actor Roundtable on SundanceTV With Casey Affleck, Jeff Bridges, Andrew Garfield and More
THR's Actor Roundtable brings together Casey Affleck, Jeff Bridges, Andrew Garfield, Mahershala Ali, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dev Patel; THR Roundtables air every Sunday on SundanceTV.
Martin Short to Be Honored at the Oscar Wilde Awards
The 'SNL' grad will be honored at a Feb. 23 event at J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot in Santa Monica.
People’s Choice Awards 2017: 10 Most Memorable Moments
Ellen DeGeneres became a record-holder with her 20th win, Tyler Perry received a humanitarian gong for his charity work and Dwayne Johnson gave Kevin Hart the middle finger during his acceptance speech.
Octavia Spencer Named 2017 Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year
The 'Hidden Figures' actress will be roasted by the Harvard student theatrical group Jan. 26.
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery Sets Partnerships With the Academy, Sundance Institute
- SAG Awards: Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton to Present Lily Tomlin With Life Achievement Honor
- Thelma Schoonmaker, Janet Ashikaga to Get ACE Career Achievement Honors
- Xavier Dolan's 'It's Only the End of the World' Leads Canadian Screen Award Film Nominations
Kellyanne Conway Dresses Like Court Jester for Inauguration
Trump's senior advisor made a statement in red, white and blue.
Spot the Resemblance Between Dolce & Gabbana Models and Their Famous Family Members
8 Menswear Must-Haves to Channel Robert Redford's Sundance Style
No Biz, Like Faux Biz
About Last Night: Janelle Monae's Tuxedo Dress; Jessica Biel's Look of Love
About Last Night: Elle Fanning's Simple Ivory Stunner; Sienna Miller Sparkles in Gucci
The Best-Dressed Dudes at the Golden Globes
See All the Golden Globes After-Party Looks
#CoupleGoals: The Cutest Pairs on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
James Taylor Says Farewell to President Obama: "It Feels Like It's Raining All Over the World"
Taylor has also been a vocal critic of Trump.
Chrisette Michele Pens Open Letter Following News of Inauguration Performance: "I Am Here, Representing You"
Watch Trump's Inaugural Concert at Lincoln Memorial
Angie Martinez to Develop TV Projects With Endemol Shine
Kanye West Not Invited to Perform at Trump Inauguration
Fifth Harmony Make Debut as a Quartet at the People's Choice Awards
Quincy Jones' Royalties Dispute With Michael Jackson Estate Inches Toward Trial
Chart: Hot 100
Shape Of You
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
'Jitney': Theater Review
Actor-turned-director Ruben Santiago-Hudson's natural feel for the plays of August Wilson yields a superb production of this final work in the late dramatist's landmark 10-part cycle to make it to Broadway.
'The Tempest': Theater Review
Director Phyllida Lloyd's trilogy, reimagining Shakespeare's classics as the performances of female prison inmates, concludes with 'The Tempest.'
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
'The Present': Theater Review
Richard Roxburgh plays a philandering schoolteacher and Cate Blanchett the love that slipped through his fingers in Andrew Upton's post-perestroika update of Chekhov's first play, which comes to Broadway from Sydney Theatre Company.
Mark Ruffalo Steps Into Broadway's 'The Price'
The Oscar-nominated actor will join the cast of Roundabout Theatre Company's Arthur Miller revival, replacing John Turturro, who has bowed out due to his filming schedule.
- Broadway Celebrates New Year With Record Weekly Grosses
- 'Mean Girls' Musical on Track for Fall 2017 World Premiere
- Shia LaBeouf Launches 4-Year Live Stream to Protest President Trump
Snapchat Snaps Back at Ex-Employee's Lawsuit
"Make no mistake: This late-breaking bid for a judicial, and public, forum to air his sensationalist allegations is all about publicity."
Twitter Transition to Begin Friday as Obama Hands @POTUS Account to Trump
All of President Obama's tweets will be archived at @POTUS44.
Sundance: Jaunt Unveils Virtual Reality Slate Featuring 'The Lawnmower Man' Adaptation, Tye Sheridan Sci-Fi Series
The slate also includes action-thriller 'Luna' from Adam Cooper and Bill Collage, and stoner comedy 'Bad Trip.'
Sofia Vergara Teams With TV Veteran For Digital Venture Raze
The company will debut a mobile platform for Latin-centric stories later this year.
- Sheryl Sandberg: "People Don’t Want to See Hoaxes on Facebook, and We Don't Want to Either"
- Is Apple Getting Serious About Original Content?
- YouTube Strikes Development Deals With Creators Following Sundance Program (Exclusive)