China's Wanda Planning Two, Billion-Dollar Film Deals This Year, Chairman Says
The company's next target will be one of the "big six" Hollywood film studios, chairman Wang Jianlin said.
'The Departed' TV Series in the Works at Amazon
Warner Bros. TV is involved in the adaptation of the Oscar-winning film.
Steven Hill, District Attorney Adam Schiff on 'Law & Order,' Dies at 94
A founding member of The Actors Studio, he also is known for his work on the stage and on 'Mission: Impossible,' where he was replaced by Peter Graves.
Andrea Tantaros Lawsuit Targets Five Executives at Fox News for Retaliation
The former Fox News host claims she was subjected to harassment by Bill O'Reilly and, especially, Roger Ailes, and that others bullied and humiliated her.
- 'Ben-Hur' Fallout: Film, TV Biblical Epics in Need of Redemption
- Emmys 2016: Who Should Win, Who Will Win
- Critic's Notebook: The Summer of Ryan Lochte and 'Mr. Robot' Let Downs
- Ronald Reagan Biopic Finds Director (Exclusive)
- Philippe Dauman Entitled to $58M Viacom Severance Payment, Board Summons Paramount Management
- Hillary Clinton Is Prepping for Trump Debates By Drawing on "Experience in Elementary School"
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
Michael Wolff on Hillary's "Self-Delusion," Trump's "S— Show" and the Media's Final, Frantic 100 Days
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Is 'Mission: Impossible 6' Necessary?
Production has halted as Tom Cruise and Paramount face a pay dispute.
- 'La La Land' Trailer: Emma Stone Sings of Los Angeles and Falling for Ryan Gosling
- Zurich Film Festival Honors 'Transformers' Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura
- Ava DuVernay, Steve James to Deliver Keynotes at Getting Real '16 Documentary Filmmakers Conference
- Justin Timberlake Shares 'Trolls' Soundtrack List: Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani, James Corden and More
- Daniel Radcliffe, Chloe Grace Moretz to Be Honored at Deauville Festival
- Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine and 'Star Trek Beyond' Cast Descend on China
This Week’s Issue
Oprah & Ava
The friends talk frankly about Hollywood inclusion (and please do NOT say "diversity"). "Everybody gets caught up in the hashtag," says Winfrey, whose 'Queen Sugar' series with DuVernay isn't an "education" — just a great story. "If you treat being black as a plight," says the director, "it impacts your creativity."
- Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
- How Ava DuVernay's 'Queen Sugar' Is Boosting Female Filmmakers
- Leonardo DiCaprio, the Malaysian Money Scandal and His "Unusual" Foundation
- 'Fast 8' to 'Criminal Minds': When On-Set Feuds Go Public
- Michael Wolff on the Murdoch Father-Sons Feud Over Fox News Post-Roger Ailes
Ray Romano, Chris O'Dowd to Star in 'Get Shorty' TV Series at Epix
TV Land's 'Jim Gaffigan Show' to End With Season 2
Nina Tassler Returns to TV With 'The Middlesteins' at Showtime
Keegan-Michael Key, Cobie Smulders, Fred Savage Lead Cast of Nick Stoller Netflix Comedy
'Faking It' Star Katie Stevens to Topline Freeform Cosmopolitan Drama 'Issues'
Willie Geist Leaving Third Hour of NBC's 'Today'
TV Ratings: Rio Closing Ceremony Is Down 45 Percent, Widening Gap With London
CBS Using Sexual Joke to Market Dr. Phil Drama 'Bull'
'Fear the Walking Dead' Boss Breaks Down the Midseason Premiere and the Twists Ahead
Larry Wilmore Opens Up About 'Nightly Show' Early Exit, Saying Farewell and What's Next
'Mr. Robot' Creator Breaks Down Season 2 Reveal: "Now [Elliot] Can Be Set Free"
'Lost Boys' TV Reboot in the Works at CW From 'Veronica Mars' Creator
Nintendo Sells Majority Stake in Seattle Mariners for $660 Million
Court Will Hear Arguments on Sharing Philippe Dauman's Viacom Settlement
Ousted Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Awarded $12.9M in Stock
Street Art Puts Leonardo DiCaprio and Hillary Clinton in Money-Laundering Machine
- AMC Networks Plans $65M Investment in RLJ Entertainment as Part of Digital Strategy
- Japan Box Office: 'Ghostbusters' Opens at No. 4 with $2.4M; 'Secret Life of Pets' Stays No. 1
- What New Viacom CEO Tom Dooley Must Do
Future to Perform at VMAs
Oscars: Academy Reveals Tech Achievements It Is Considering for Awards
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Hugh Grant ('Florence Foster Jenkins')
Emmys: How 'People v. O.J. Simpson' Re-Created That Notorious Freeway Chase
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kit Harington on Final Seasons: "It's Going to Get Very Bleak"
- Emmys: Aziz Ansari, Tom Hiddleston, 11 More Lead Actors Break Down Their Favorite Scenes
- Emmys: Lady Gaga's Signature Gloves on 'AHS: Hotel' Were Designed With 11,000 Swarovski Crystals
- Emmys: How David Bowie Inspired 'Vinyl's' '70s-Era Glam Looks
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Saudi Summer Vacation In L.A.: The $7.5 Million Lamborghinis, $3,000 Fur Toys and Yeezy Sneakers on Shopping Lists
When it's 110 degrees in Riyadh, the Gulf crowd flocks to L.A. A field guide to the hot spots.
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
twenty one pilots
David Bowie Plaque Unveiled in Berlin
Watch Coldplay and James Corden's Prince Tribute
Black Keys Frontman Sued Over Howlin' Wolf Documentary
Remembering Lou Pearlman: The Ponzi Schemer Who Spawned the Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync and More
Jazz Harmonica Great Toots Thielemans Dies at 94
Billboard Hot 100 Fest: Calvin Harris, J. Cole, Galantis and More Day 2 Highlights
Billboard Hot 100 Fest 2016: Ariana Grande, Fetty Wap, Rae Sremmurd & More Memorable Moments
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
Terry Kinney will direct the Broadway revival for Roundabout Theatre Company, beginning performances Feb. 16.
'Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour': Theater Review
'Billy Elliot' creator Lee Hall tackles a wilder kind of teen escapism in this riotous stage musical about a choir of foul-mouthed Catholic schoolgirls on the hunt for sex, booze and excitement.
'Troilus and Cressida': Theater Review
In the summer's second Shakespeare in the Park production, the Public Theater tackles this rarely performed play set during the Trojan War, with a cast that includes Louis Cancelmi, Corey Stoll and John Glover.
- New York Theater Community Mourns James Houghton
- 'Cats': Theater Review
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two': Theater Review
Viacom Veteran Carole Robinson to Lead Communications at BuzzFeed (Exclusive)
Comcast's Watchable Debuts First Slate of Exclusive Series
Univision to Pay Gawker's Nick Denton $16,666 a Month Not to Compete
How 'Kubo and the Two Strings' Combines Origami, Digital Effects and a 16-Foot Puppet
- Hollywood Reacts to Ryan Lochte Robbery Lie With Jokes, Outrage
- BAFTA Forms Virtual Reality Advisory Group
- Twitter Suspended 235,000 Terrorism-Related Accounts Over Last Six Months