Box Office: 'Jack Reacher' Cruises to $1.3 Million, Tyler Perry's 'Boo!' Earns $855K Thursday
Horror prequel 'Ouija: Origin of Evil' took in $722K on Thursday.
'Jack Reacher 2': Why Paramount and Tom Cruise Bet on a Risky Sequel
The first 'Jack Reacher' wasn't considered a big win at the U.S. box office, but generated strong revenue from home entertainment and established a promising foothold overseas.
The 'Rogue One' Star, the Fake Film and the $1,200 Scam
How up-and-coming makeup artists in the U.K. were lured to Indonesia to “interview” for a position on a big-budget Chinese epic — only to find out the project didn’t exist.
The Art of the Hollywood Backdrop From Munchkinland to Mount Rushmore
A new book pays homage to the trompe l'oeil that created some of film's most iconic settings as great canvases still can get a second chance ('Hail Caesar!' borrowed from 'Ben-Hur') amid today's special effects.
- Frank Gehry and the 10 Hottest Architects Changing L.A. Real Estate
- Al Smith Dinner: Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's Top Jokes
- 'Deadpool,' 'Outcast,' 'The Accountant' Campaigns Win at Clio Key Art Awards
- New York vs. L.A. Rat Race: Morgan Spurlock on Which City Has More Rodents
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween': Film Review
- Carol Burnett to Star in ABC Comedy From Amy Poehler
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
How Ryan Reynolds Became 'Deadpool's' Marketing Rebel
“I’ve never taken ownership like this before," Reynolds says. "I can channel this guy [Deadpool] in a way I just can't seem to channel anything else."
- Inside the 'Doctor Strange' Premiere with Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton and Ken Bone
- In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Jack Reacher 2,' 'Keeping Up With the Joneses' and More
- 'My Fair Lady': THR's 1964 Review
- 'Star Wars' Propaganda Posters Just Might Convince You to Join the Empire (Exclusive)
- Thomas Mann, Laia Costa to Star in Hiking Drama 'Maine' (Exclusive)
- Tallinn Black Nights Festival Unveils Main Competition Lineup
- Mumbai Film Festival: Jia Zhangke Talks New Project, Indian-Chinese Co-Productions
- British Independent Film Awards 2016: The Debut Directors Long List
- Natalie Portman, Sharon Stone to Be Honored At Israel Film Festival
- 'Doctor Strange': Watch the Red Carpet Premiere
Vine Star King Bach to Topline Fox Comedy From Adam Devine, McG
Amanda Knox-Themed Drama 'Guilt' Canceled at Freeform
TV Land's Keith Cox on Skewing 'Younger' and Expanding Into Drama
'Narcos' Adds Pair of Series Regulars Amid Season 3 Shift (Exclusive)
CBS Orders Summer Event Series 'Salvation' From Alex Kurtzman
'Enemy of the State' TV Sequel Set at ABC
How Laverne Cox Made Dr. Frank-N-Furter Her Own on Fox's 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' Remake
Behind the Scenes of Fox's 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' Remake: Tiny Tweaks, Toronto and Tim Curry
'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Here's What the Big Twist of Episode 6 Is
'The Young Pope' Producers Confirm Second Season of Show
Michael B. Jordan Inks Film, TV Pact With Skydance Media, Sets First Project (Exclusive)
Roger Ailes Miniseries in the Works From Blumhouse Productions
This Week’s Issue
Love in Black & White
"Fifty years is not that long ago — not for this shit to be going down," says Joel Edgerton of 'Loving,' a real-life drama about an outlawed marriage with sudden relevance in today's racially charged election
- How Interracial Romance 'Loving' Became the Most Relevant Movie This Election Season
- NBC's New 'Apprentice' Star Arnold Schwarzenegger Arrives With Trump-Like Baggage
- Michael Wolff on Billy Bush and How the Media Wrung Trump Dry Before Toppling Him
- Warren Beatty's New Movie Has 16 Credited Producers: "It's Deplorable"
- How the Chicago Cubs Could Boost World Series Ratings (and Give Fox a $30M Advertising Windfall)
Sky Touts Originals, Movie Deals at Investor Day, Dennis Quaid Makes Appearance
The European pay TV giant, in which 21st Century Fox owns a 39 percent stake, also discusses Netflix, Amazon and sports rights, among other things.
Verizon "Still Evaluating" What Yahoo Hack Means for $4.83B Deal, CFO Says
The telecom giant's lawyers had a first call with the internet firm on Wednesday in what could be a long process, says CFO Fran Shammo.
Sony Pictures Television Networks Buys Stake in Kids SVOD Service Hopster
The company says it is already one of the top kids broadcasters in the U.K.
Wanda's Big Qingdao Studio Pitch: Will Hollywood Take the Bait?
Wanda has offered Hollywood a carrot — in the form of a lucrative 40 percent production rebate — but will productions bite?
- $25 Million New Luxury Property in Holmby Hills
- SAG-AFTRA Videogame Strike Likely Tonight as Union Blasts ‘Freeloader’ Industry for Refusing Residuals
- Time Warner in Talks to Merge With AT&T (Report)
British Independent Film Awards 2016: The Breakthrough Producers Long List
A preview of the 15 films and 21 individuals – including a rather familiar face – on the long list for the BIFA's new award for first and second time producers.
British Independent Film Awards 2016: The Debut Screenwriters Long List
A closer look at the 16 titles — and 19 individuals — competing for the five nomination spots in the new category for first-time feature writing talent.
Feinberg Forecast: The Lay of the Land After the New York Film Festival
THR's awards expert offers his latest assessment of the race.
Gotham Awards: Any Foreshadowing of the Oscars Is Purely Coincidental
THR's awards analyst explains why the Gothams' selection process makes them a less-than-reliable predictor of other groups' nominees and winners.
- Tom Hanks, Jake Gyllenhaal, Brie Larson to Present at Britannia Awards
- Tom Ford, Marc Platt to Get Honors at Hollywood Film Awards
- Jane Fonda, Laurie MacDonald, Walter Parkes and Jaha Dukureh Selected for Equality Now Honors
- Jon Favreau to Be Honored by Sound Mixers
Hillary Clinton Bookends Campaign With Another White Ralph Lauren Pantsuit
The Democratic nominee wore a similar white pantsuit by the designer when she accepted her party's nomination at the DNC back in July.
15 Power Pantsuits That Ruled the Red Carpet
#ImWithHer on the Runway
Tilda Swinton's Wacky and Wonderful Press Wardrobe for 'Doctor Strange'
All The Stars at the Obamas' Final State Dinner at the White House
A Look at Naomie Harris' 'Moonlight' Press Wardrobe
Every Time Michelle Obama Slayed at a White House State Dinner
Fashion Biggest Names Remember Bill Cunningham
About Last Weekend: Beyonce's Sheer Magic; Katy Perry Shimmers
See What All the Stars Wore to Veuve Clicquot's Annual Polo Classic
About Last Night: Halle Berry Suits Up; Milla Jovovich Stands Out in Sequins
Weird Al Yankovic Debuts 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women' Presidential Debates Spoof Video
"We have so many adversaries overseas/ Can we all agree to be frenemies?"
Listen to Lady Gaga's New Album 'Joanne'
Lady Gaga Teams with Mark Ronson as Her Dive Bar Tour Hits New York
Cher Talks Donald Trump, Emojis and 'American Horror Story'
Lady Gaga Reveals Chilling "Angel Down" Lyrics About Trayvon Martin
Usher, Common, The Roots and More to Perform at White House for BET Concert Special
Taylor Swift-Curated Museum Exhibit Coming to New York City
Chart: Hot 100
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
twenty one pilots
Let Me Love You
DJ Snake Featuring Justin Bieber
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Moonlight's' Trevante Rhodes Goes From Track Star to Toronto Film Fest
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Independence Day' Actress Maika Monroe Goes From Pro Kiteboarder to Breakout Star
'Tick, Tick... Boom!': Theater Review
The Keen Company stages an off-Broadway revival of the autobiographical chamber musical by 'Rent' composer Jonathan Larson.
'Love, Love, Love': Theater Review
Amy Ryan and Richard Armitage star in this drama by the Tony Award-nominated playwright of 'King Charles III,' chronicling the lives of a couple and their two children over several decades.
'The Red Barn': Theater Review
Mark Strong plays a New England lawyer dangerously drawn to the widow of his recently deceased friend in David Hare's Georges Simenon adaptation, also starring Hope Davis and Elizabeth Debicki.
Allison Janney, John Benjamin Hickey to Star in 'Six Degrees of Separation' on Broadway
Trip Cullman will direct the spring 2017 revival of John Guare's 1990 play.
How Architecture Master Frank Gehry Is Giving Back to Watts
The renowned architect behind downtown's Walt Disney Concert Hall has signed on pro bono to build a 50,000-square-foot campus for the Children's Institute International, a social services organization for kids affected by violence.
- Gerard Colcord-Designed Holmby Hills Home Hits the Market for $25 Million
- Donald Trump Roasts Himself and Hillary Clinton at Al Smith Dinner
- Samantha Bee Offers Up Some Alfred E. Smith Dinner Jokes for Hillary Clinton
The Internet Was Having Issues Friday Morning
Websites affected included Twitter, Netflix, Spotify, Reddit, Etsy and Soundcloud.
Doug Liman’s Virtual Reality Series ‘Invisible’ Premieres on Samsung VR
The project partnered Liman's 30 Ninjas with Conde Nast Entertainment, VR firm Jaunt and Samsung.
NBCUniversal Investing Another $200M in BuzzFeed
Last year, NBCU dropped $200 million into both BuzzFeed and Vox Media.
One NBA Game Per Week to Get Virtual Reality Live Stream Treatment
The weekly games will be available via the NBA League Pass package.
- Ivanka Trump Calls BuzzFeed CEO's "Mulatto Cock" Claim a "Total Lie"
- Google Lays Groundwork for Streaming TV Service With CBS Deal
- Netflix Countersues Fox, Claims Employee Deals Unenforceable