Thomas Tull to Exit Legendary Entertainment (Exclusive)
Tull founded the studio in 2005 and sold to China's Dalian Wanda Group for $3.5 billion in 2016
'White Men Can't Jump' Remake in the Works From 'Black-ish' Creator (Exclusive)
Kenya Barris is teaming up with athletes-turned-producers Blake Griffin and Ryan Kalil for a new version of the 1992 sports comedy.
Van Jones Looks to Be a Peacemaker Between Trump and Hillary's America (Q&A)
On cable news, "sometimes people expect some large horn to go off and prevent the person from saying whatever ridiculous nonsense they’re saying. That’s not how it works," the CNN political commentator explains.
Chelsea Handler on Why She'll Lead the Sundance March Against "Our Predator-in-Chief" (Guest Column)
The late-night host and activist, who will lead the Jan. 21 protest during the festival, writes for THR about stopping the "right-wing political assault" on the Affordable Care Act and Planned Parenthood.
- 'Apprentice' Alum Hits Trump with Defamation Lawsuit Over Assault Denial
- 'Riverdale': TV Review
- Feinberg Forecast: Oscar Standings During a Week of Purgatory
- 'Teachers' Season 2: TV Review
- Bill O'Reilly to Interview Donald Trump on Super Bowl Sunday
- A+E Networks President Nancy Dubuc Discusses Canned KKK Series, Says Scientology Is Harassing Her Over Leah Remini Show
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
This Week’s Issue
Deal (Or No Deal) 2017
Shari Redstone puts the brakes on Viacom-CBS, AT&T awaits The Donald, Lionsgate and Starz say "I do": inside the wild scramble from Hollywood to Silicon Valley for size (and smarts) as the stakes get higher and the signposts blurrier. Says one banker, "It's going to be a rambunctious M&A market."
- Michael Wolff on Shari Redstone: Yes, She Does Have a Plan for Viacom
- Hollywood's Merger Mania: Inside the Studios' "Size Anxiety," Scramble to Match Silicon Valley
- A Dead Kangaroo, a Bleeding Pig: Hollywood's Top Animal Training Firm Hit With PETA Abuse Claims (Exclusive)
- Megyn Kelly, Greta Van Susteren Moves Force Fox News to Go Trumpier
- Martha MacCallum Steps Up as Fox News' (Only) Female Primetime News Anchor
SAG Awards: Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton to Present Lily Tomlin With Life Achievement Honor
It'll be a '9 to 5' reunion at the Jan. 29 ceremony.
- Edward Norton, Bella Thorne, Jim Gaffigan Join Animated 'Guardian Brothers'
- Berlin Festival Completes Panorama Documentary Lineup
- India Box Office: 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' Revs Up Ahead of Expanded Release
- Berlin: German Lesbian Filmmaker Monika Treut to Get Teddy Award
- See Margot Robbie's Tonya Harding Transformation for 'I, Tonya'
- Xavier Dolan's 'It's Only the End of the World' Leads Canadian Screen Award Film Nominations
Shondaland Legal Drama From 'Scandal' Writer Lands ABC Pilot Pickup
Jessica Biel Anthology 'The Sinner' Picked Up to Series at USA Network
'The Arrangement' Creator Dodges Scientology Comparisons
'Is O.J. Innocent? The Missing Evidence': Experts Dig Into O.J. Simpson Son Theory
'The Young Pope' Creator on Parallels to Donald Trump — and All Those Memes
Confirmed With Chicken: Gus Fring Is Coming to 'Better Call Saul'
'Sherlock' Ends Season 4 With U.K. Ratings Low, BBC Investigating Leak of Russian Version
AMC and BBC Reteam for John le Carre 'The Spy Who Came in From the Cold' Limited Series
It's Official: 'Portlandia' Renewed for Eighth and Final Season
Dakota Fanning to Star in TNT Drama Series 'The Alienist'
Louis C.K., Albert Brooks Animated Comedy Moves From FX to TBS With Series Order
'Big Little Lies' an Important Step for Women, Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman Say
Univision, Mexico's Televisa Unify Content Development, Production Under Isaac Lee
As chief content officer, he will continue to report to Univision president and CEO Randy Falco and now also to Televisa president Emilio Azcarraga Jean.
Matt Damon on How Beer-Drinking Millennials Can Help Him Fight the Water Crisis
At the World Economic Forum in Davos, the star and Water.org co-founder discusses a cooperation with Stella Artois, but isn't sure "how receptive" studios would be to donate some of their proceeds from his movies.
Trump Will Have "Phenomenal Relationship" With Obama, Doesn't Want China Trade War, Says Adviser
The president-elect will win over his doubters so they will "start seeing him the way I see him,” predicted Anthony Scaramucci, at the Davos World Economic Forum.
Donald Trump Tweet Mistakes U.K. Woman for Daughter Ivanka
"I did during the election have a Twitter box encouraging people to vote for Hillary [Clinton]," Ivanka Majic tells a British breakfast TV show co-hosted by Piers Morgan.
- 'Fences' Executive Producer Launching New Production Company (Exclusive)
- Rep Sheet Roundup: UTA Signs Singer-Turned-Chef Kelis
- As Michael Lynton Exits, Will Sony Double Down on Hollywood or Sell?
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Ryan Reynolds ('Deadpool')
The red-hot star reflects on the ups and downs of 25-plus years in the biz, from the indie he calls "one of my favorite movies" to the studio bomb that "just never really understood what it was" to one of 2016's biggest blockbusters ("I was born to play this guy"), which could even land Oscar love ("I can certainly promise one f—ing crazy reaction video").
Thelma Schoonmaker, Janet Ashikaga to Get ACE Career Achievement Honors
They will be recognized Jan. 27 at the ACE Eddie Awards.
Robert De Niro Pens Letter to Meryl Streep Praising Golden Globes Speech: "It Needed to Be Said"
"I have so much respect for you that you did it while the world was celebrating your achievements," the actor wrote in the letter to his longtime friend and four-time co-star. "I share your sentiments about punks and bullies. Enough is enough."
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Vince Vaughn ('Hacksaw Ridge')
The fan favorite discusses breaking through in 'Swingers,' not being seen as funny until after 'Old School' and 'Dodgeball,' the intention of 'The Break-Up' ("I really designed it to go from comedy to drama"), his decade in the cold ("I didn't follow through") and his career-reboot in Mel Gibson's acclaimed war film.
- LA Film Critics Association Awards: Big Night for 'Moonlight,' Other Indie Darlings
- Palm Springs Film Fest: 'Toni Erdmann' Named Best Foreign-Language Film; 'When We Rise' Wins Audience Award
- Publicist to Academy: Don't Ban Us From Oscar Nominations Announcement (Guest Column)
- Oscars: New Format to Be Used for Nominations Announcement
- Denzel Washington, Clint Eastwood and More Stress Why Movies and TV Matter
- The New Yorker Planning In-Depth Look at Hollywood Awards Campaigns
- Ryan Reynolds Shares 'Deadpool' "For Your Consideration" Video for Awards Season
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Viggo Mortensen ('Captain Fantastic')
Snowga? Flexologist? 6 New Hollywood Wellness Terms to Know
From snowshoeing-meets-yoga to professional muscle stretching, THR defines the words and phrases you'll be hearing more of in the new year.
About Last Night: Janelle Monae's Tuxedo Dress; Jessica Biel's Look of Love
About Last Night: Elle Fanning's Simple Ivory Stunner; Sienna Miller Sparkles in Gucci
The Best-Dressed Dudes at the Golden Globes
See All the Golden Globes After-Party Looks
#CoupleGoals: The Cutest Pairs on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
Golden Globes: The Best Behind-the-Scenes Moments on Instagram
Top 10 Golden Globes Jewelry
Golden Globes: The Worst Dressed
Shakira Tells World Economic Forum: "I’d Be an Amazing Doctor"
Shakira also talks about her teacher and schoolmates not liking her voice, her love of Bollywood and the power of social media.
Meet The Reagan Years, the '80s Cover Band Rocking the Trump Inauguration
Lee Greenwood: It's a "Mistake" for Performers to Bail on Trump's Inauguration (Q&A)
Springsteen Cover Band Pulls Out of Inaugural Event Following Criticism
Green Day Debuts New Anti-Trump Video Screed
Police: 5 Killed in Shooting at Mexico's Blue Parrot Nightclub During BPM Music Fest
Nick Cannon on Ex Mariah Carey's New Year's Eve Flub: "She Got a Little Flustered"
Chart: Hot 100
Bad And Boujee
Migos Featuring Lil Uzi Vert
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
'The Kite Runner': Theater Review
The stage version of Khaled Hosseini’s best-selling 2003 novel about an Afghan immigrant caught up in the grand sweep of history makes its belated London debut.
'The Present': Theater Review
Richard Roxburgh plays a philandering schoolteacher and Cate Blanchett the love that slipped through his fingers in Andrew Upton's post-perestroika update of Chekhov's first play, which comes to Broadway from Sydney Theatre Company.
Mark Ruffalo Steps Into Broadway's 'The Price'
The Oscar-nominated actor will join the cast of Roundabout Theatre Company's Arthur Miller revival, replacing John Turturro, who has bowed out due to his filming schedule.
Broadway Celebrates New Year With Record Weekly Grosses
'Hamilton,' 'Wicked' and 'The Lion King' all soared past $3 million, with a host of other $1 million-plus earners pushing the overall total close to $50 million for the history-making week.
'Mean Girls' Musical on Track for Fall 2017 World Premiere
Tina Fey is adapting her screenplay with composer husband Jeff Richmond and lyricist Nell Benjamin, while Tony winner Casey Nicholaw is attached to direct.
- Lena Dunham Releases '100 Years' Video Honoring Planned Parenthood
- Ivanka Trump Book Release Pushed Back to Accommodate "Momentous" Life Changes
- Legends of the Early L.A. Art Scene to Hold Rare Reunion
Vine Stars Pay One Last Tribute as Twitter Shuts Down Video App
Vine is turning into a camera app that will post six-second videos to Twitter.
New Form Releases New Batch of Scripted Pilots (Exclusive)
YouTube stars Arden Rose, Jonah Green and Alexa Losey all have projects as part of this latest incubator program.
ATTN: Launches Interview Series With George Takei, Gavin Newsom (Exclusive)
After building up its audience on Facebook, video producer ATTN: is expanding onto YouTube with 'Paying Attention.'
YouTube's Susanne Daniels on 'Gilmore Girls' Jealousy and Her Worst 'SNL' Experience
Twenty years after bringing 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' to The WB, Daniels — one of NATPE's 2017 Brandon Tartikoff Legacy Award recipients — talks to THR about working with Lorne Michaels, her new role and why she wanted to adapt 'Step Up.'
- Tom Wheeler Hints at Coming Legal Efforts to Save Net Neutrality
- President Obama Gives 360-Degree White House Tour During Final Days in Office
- Gunpowder & Sky Acquires Production Startup Supergravity Pictures