Donald Trump "Has a Big Stake" in New 'Apprentice,' Says Transition Team
The president-elect will retain executive producer status when the NBC series returns with Arnold Schwarzenegger as host.
Director Roundtable: Mel Gibson, Denzel Washington and 4 More on Paralyzing Fears, Cast and Crew Complaints
The contenders — also including Oliver Stone, Barry Jenkins, Damien Chazelle and Mira Nair — discuss first gigs, the backlash over 'The Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker's rape trial, and their "painful" directing process: "It's like trying to cram 10 pounds of shit into a 5-pound bag."
Sam Hyde Speaks: Meet the Man Behind Adult Swim's Canceled 'Alt-Right' Comedy Show (Exclusive)
The controversial figure behind 'Million Dollar Extreme Presents: World Peace' vents about his show's demise amid a firestorm of free-speech debate: "The execs — the Jewish Adult Swim executives, the black Adult Swim executives — they all loved it."
AFI Names Top Movies, TV Shows For 2016
'O.J.: Made in America,' a nearly eight-hour long documentary that aired on TV, receives a special award.
- Martin Scorsese's Journey From Near-Death Drug Addict to 'Silence'
- CAA Exploring Scripted TV Venture With Ex-ABC Chief Paul Lee
- Hillary Clinton Emerges From "Taking Selfies in the Woods" to Urge Action Against Fake News
- Media Companies Rally Behind Rolling Stone Bid to Overturn Defamation Verdict
- John Glenn, First American to Orbit Earth, Dies at 95
- NBC Schedules 3 Comedies, 'Blacklist' Spinoff and More 'Chicago' for Midseason
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
What If 'Star Wars' and 'Batman v Superman' Collided?
Bad news for those Batman fans out there.
- 'Sky on Fire': Film Review
- Ex-NHL Star Looks to Combat Sexual Abuse With New Documentary
- Red Solo Cups, Ugly Holiday Sweaters Abound at 'Office Christmas Party' Premiere
- Judge Rules 'Midnight Rider' Producer Can't Collect on Insurance Due to Criminal Acts
- Christopher Pearce, Former Head of Production at Cannon Films, Dies at 73
- Ryan Gosling Teaches Jimmy Kimmel How to Waltz: "Let's Get Sensitive, Man"
'Strike Back' Revived for Fifth Season at Cinemax
The Tina Fey Interview, by David Letterman
Geri Wang to Retire as ABC Sales President
'Good Girls Revolt' Creator Slams Amazon Over Cancellation: "They Run Some People Out"
Jenna Bans Family Drama Scores NBC Pilot Pickup
'Westworld' Finale: Ed Harris Talks Through Man in Black Reveal, Season 2 Expectations
'Westworld' Cast and Crew Share Their Best Anthony Hopkins Stories
'Hairspray Live!': What Was Different From the 2007 Movie Musical?
'Good Girls Revolt': Here Are the Networks Eyeing the Canceled Amazon Drama (Exclusive)
Geena Davis' Letter to Hollywood: Want a Female President? Put Them Onscreen First
Whoopi Goldberg to Produce, Possibly Star in Harlem Racial Drama for Bravo (Exclusive)
Cedric the Entertainer to Star in CBS Sibling Comedy
Writer's Guild Chief Criticizes Trump Over Attacks on Carrier Union Leader
The guild steps in to defend a steelworkers union leader.
WME Names 18 New Partners
The promotions are in the film, television, music, non-scripted television, endorsement and books departments.
Women in Entertainment: Donna Langley, Ava DuVernay, More Share Secrets to Being Heard in Any Meeting
THR asked Hollywood's top female figures for their advice. Says Netflix's Cindy Holland, "Speak the f— up."
My Mother, the Lawyer, Had Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe Lining Up (Guest Column)
When few women even graduated law school, Hermione Brown (the Brown in Gang Tyre Ramer and Brown) had lawyers and clients including Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra and Clint Eastwood too.
- Netflix Acquires 20 Chinese-Language TV Shows From Singapore's Mediacorp
- Fuji TV Documentary to Explore 'Pokemon Go' Phenomenon
- Fox Strikes Back at Netflix's Attempt to Void Fixed-Term Employment Deals
Oscars: Jimmy Kimmel Pick a Sign of ABC Flexing Its Muscles in Wake of New Academy Deal
THR's awards analyst says the extension to ABC's TV rights deal with the Academy, reached back in August, may have come with an implicit understanding that the network's late-night star finally would get his shot.
Robert Downey Jr. Honored by Don Cheadle at Make-A-Wish Gala
“Honestly I never expected Tony Stark to define my purpose, or that ‘Iron Man’ would be much more than just a fun creative paycheck that kept doubling every 10 minutes for a decade,” Robert Downey Jr. said at the annual gala.
Harry Cohen to Get Sound Editors' Career Achievement Award
His recent credits include 'The Hateful Eight' and 'Deepwater Horizon.'
'Loving' to Get Honor at PGA Awards
The Stanley Kramer Award is meant to honor a production that raises public awareness of important social issues.
- Oscars: What the Doc Shortlist Got Right and Wrong, and Which of the 15 Will Make the Final 5
- Listen to All the 2017 Grammy-Nominated Songs
- Ryan Murphy to Be Honored by International Cinematographers Guild
- 'Game of Thrones,' 'Mr. Robot' Among ASC TV Nominees
This Week’s Issue
Women in Entertainment Power 100
Executive of the Year Shari Redstone speaks — plus the major movers, shakers and goddamn geniuses of 2016
- The Hollywood Reporter's 2016 Women in Entertainment Power 100
- The Tina Fey Interview, by David Letterman
- Hollywood's 50 Favorite Female Characters
- What to Do With Pussy (the Word, That Is) After Trump's Election
- Sherry, Dawn and Sue: When the Broads Faced the Raging Bulls in '70s Hollywood
Our Favorite Looks From THR's Women in Entertainment Breakfast
From Emma Stone's bright yellow number to Simone Biles' pumpkin pantsuit, it was a colorful morning at THR's annual breakfast.
Fashion Awards 2016: Red-Carpet Arrivals
About Last Weekend: Jessica Chastain Opts for Black and White; Jennifer Hudson Is a Glowing Goddess
Sheer, Short and Shiny: The Best Looks From the Victoria's Secret Afterparty
2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris Hair & Makeup and Backstage
About Last Night: Rihanna Goes Sporty in Fenty x Puma; Katy Perry's Winter White
Hollywood Hearts Dior
Haute (Hollywood) Holidays
Appeals Court Reviews The Turtles' Royalties Dispute With Pandora
Does selling a song to the public qualify as "publishing" it?
Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake & Palmer Dies at 69
Yoko Ono Writes Plea for Gun Control on Anniversary of John Lennon's Murder
Lady Gaga Pens Letter About Personal Struggle With PTSD: "It Is a Daily Effort for Me"
Madonna Sings the Hits, Fights Her "Rebellious" Reputation on "Carpool Karaoke"
'Hairspray Live!': TV Review
'Hairspray Live!': The Best and Worst Moments From the Live TV Broadcast
Chart: Hot 100
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Side To Side
Ariana Grande Featuring Nicki Minaj
'The Band's Visit': Theater Review
Tony Shalhoub stars in the Atlantic Theater's world premiere of this latest musical from David Yazbek, composer of 'The Full Monty' and 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels,' based on the acclaimed 2007 Israeil film.
Behind the Explosive Growth of West L.A.'s Sober-Living Industry
Efforts to regulate homes and addiction treatment facilities that have metastasized in communities like Malibu and Pacific Palisades have failed, but new legislation may finally bring change.
'Tiny Beautiful Things': Theater Review
Nia Vardalos stars in the Public Theater's world premiere of her play adapted from the best-selling self-help book by Cheryl Strayed, author of 'Wild.'
Harold Prince's 'Prince of Broadway' to Bow in Summer 2017
Co-directed by Prince and Susan Stroman, the musical revue combines biographical elements with iconic numbers staged by the veteran showman throughout his celebrated six-decade career.
'The Babylon Line': Theater Review
Josh Radnor plays a reluctant writing teacher and Elizabeth Reaser his most gifted student in Richard Greenberg's memory play exploring the power and mysteries of storytelling in a time of social change.
- 'Dear Evan Hansen': Theater Review
- Naked Man Taken Into Custody After Jumping on Top of Metro Bus In L.A.
- 6.5 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes off Northern California Coast
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Goes From Indie Musician to Mind-Reading Witch
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
Netflix Content Chief Ted Sarandos Takes Shot at Amazon Studios: They Aren't "Gaining Much Traction"
Netflix plans to release more than 1,000 hours of original programming in 2017.
IAC Chairman Barry Diller: "We Don't Have a Clue" How Trump Will Handle M&A
The media mogul spoke about the results of the election and why he supports net neutrality.
Vice Creates Apprenticeship Program for Former Inmates
The media company will employ five people who formerly were incarcerated for a six-month apprentice program.
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Doesn't Think Fake News "Swayed the Election"
"We're looking at things, like working with third parties, helping to label false news, doing the things we can do to make it clearer what's a hoax on Facebook," she said in an interview that aired on Thursday's 'Today.'
- Donald Trump Invites Tech Leaders to Policy Summit (Report)
- Election, Olympics and Pokemon Go Top Twitter Trends of the Year
- YouTube Reports $1 Billion Paid to Recording Industry Through Advertising This Year
- Supreme Court Throws Out $399M Judgment Against Samsung in iPhone Patent Dispute With Apple
- AOL CEO Tim Armstrong "Cautiously Optimistic" Yahoo Acquisition Will Happen
- YouTube Plans Christmas Special Starring Mariah Carey, Rudy Mancuso
- CBS Sues YouTuber for Posting Episodes of 'The Andy Griffith Show'