Tom Cruise 'Mission: Impossible 6' Pay Dispute Halts Preproduction
The movie was prepping for a January 2017 start.
Weekend Box Office: 'Ben-Hur' Getting Crushed Friday; 'War Dogs,' 'Kubo' Solid
Early projections have holdover 'Suicide Squad' staying No. 1, although some show 'War Dogs,' 'Sausage Party' and the anti-superhero film in a potentially close three-way race.
Ben Affleck to Direct, Star in 'Witness for the Prosecution' for Fox
The project is based on the Agatha Christie short story.
SAG-AFTRA Leaders Gabrielle Carteris, David White Talk Diversity Issues, Reflect on Industry in Transition
In an unusual joint interview, the union’s top elected and appointed officials talk with THR about serving a diverse membership across a range of contracts and activities.
- Viacom's Management Shake-Up: What's Next?
- Donald Trump to Black Voters: "What the Hell Do You Have to Lose?"
- Univision to Pay Gawker's Nick Denton $16,666 a Month Not to Compete
- Jack Riley, Who Played the Neurotic Eliot Carlin on 'The Bob Newhart Show,' Dies at 80
- Interim Viacom CEO Reassures Employees About Transition
- Charlie Hunnam, Lea Seydoux to Star in Drake Doremus' Next Film (Exclusive)
Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
TV Titans Roundtable: 5 Chiefs Spar Over the Future (and Netflix's Role as Arch-Frenemy)
Michael Wolff on Hillary's "Self-Delusion," Trump's "S— Show" and the Media's Final, Frantic 100 Days
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
'Avengers: Infinity War' May Introduce a Much-Anticipated Hero, Tease Directors
"That's not to say we're not going to introduce a new character," Anthony Russo teases about the 2018 Marvel movie.
- Daniel Radcliffe Talks Going Undercover and Humanizing White Supremacists in 'Imperium' (Q&A)
- Clint Eastwood Classics Lawsuit Against MGM Gets Dropped
- ‘This Last Lonely Place’: Film Review
- Cynthia Szigeti, Groundlings Improv Teacher and 'Seinfeld' Actress, Dies at 66
- Sonia Braga Playing Julia Roberts' Mother in 'Wonder' (Exclusive)
- Michael Pena to Star in Sony Horror Thriller 'The Bringing' (Exclusive)
This Week’s Issue
Oprah & Ava
The friends talk frankly about Hollywood inclusion (and please do NOT say "diversity"). "Everybody gets caught up in the hashtag," says Winfrey, whose 'Queen Sugar' series with DuVernay isn't an "education" — just a great story. "If you treat being black as a plight," says the director, "it impacts your creativity."
- Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay on the Push for "Inclusion" (Not Diversity), Tackling Black Lives Matter Beyond the "Hashtag"
- How Ava DuVernay's 'Queen Sugar' Is Boosting Female Filmmakers
- Leonardo DiCaprio, the Malaysian Money Scandal and His "Unusual" Foundation
- 'Fast 8' to 'Criminal Minds': When On-Set Feuds Go Public
- Michael Wolff on the Murdoch Father-Sons Feud Over Fox News Post-Roger Ailes
Larry Wilmore Opens Up About 'Nightly Show' Early Exit, Saying Farewell and What's Next
'Mr. Robot' Creator Breaks Down Season 2 Reveal: "Now [Elliot] Can Be Set Free"
'Lost Boys' TV Reboot in the Works at CW From 'Veronica Mars' Creator
Amy Schumer Says Her Show Isn't Canceled
'Blindspot' First Look: Archie Panjabi Gets Into Gear (Exclusive)
TV Ratings: NBC's Rio Coverage Takes a Tumble on Wednesday
Thomas Gibson Speaks Out on 'Criminal Minds' Firing: "I'm Disappointed by What's Happened"
Marvel's 'Runaways' Scores Pilot Order at Hulu
Billy Crudup to Star Opposite Naomi Watts in Netflix Drama 'Gypsy'
'Walking Dead': How Many F-Bombs Does Negan Drop in Uncensored Finale?
Shad "Bow Wow" Moss Set to Host Spike's Musical Game Show 'Tracks'
'Varsity Blues' TV Series in the Works at CMT
German Box Office Dips 11 Percent in First Half of 2016
'Zootopia' and 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' were two of the biggest hits in the territory.
'Cafe Society' Becomes Woody Allen's Biggest Russian Box-Office Performer
The 1930s-period film is the year's highest-grossing U.S. indie movie in the country.
Why Shah Rukh Khan and Other Indian Celebrities Have Been Detained at U.S. Airports
In recent years, other well-known Indians who have faced U.S. immigration and security checks include actor Irrfan Khan and even a former Indian president, the late Abdul Kalam.
Fortissimo Bankruptcy: Indie Film Industry Reacts With Shock and Sadness
The 25-year-old art house veteran filed for insolvency protection Wednesday.
- Judge Rejects Fox's Bid to Toss Ex-Felon's 'Empire' Copyright Lawsuit
- Viacom, Sumner Redstone Close to Deal Ousting CEO Philippe Dauman
- CAA Signs 'Transformers 5' Star (Exclusive)
- Showtime Becomes Third TV Network This Summer to Sue Charter Over License Fees
- John Malone's Liberty Global Eyeing More Acquisitions in Latin America
- Top Hollywood PR Execs on Marvel's Drama, Hillary Events and Why Roger Ailes Shouldn't Be Photographed in Pajamas
- Executive Suite: Inside Paul Pflug and Melissa Zukerman's Offices
Feinberg Forecast: A Breakdown of the Comedy Series Nominees
From 'Black-ish' to 'Veep,' THR's awards guru analyzes the upside and downside of each contender's chances of winning the gold.
Oscars: Romania Selects 'Sieranevada' for Foreign-Language Category
BAFTA Sets 2017 Film Awards Dates, Tweaks Rules
Critics' Choice Awards Jumps to New December Date
- Emmys: 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Showrunner Reveals Who Kimmy Would Vote For This Election
- Venice Fest: Amir Naderi to Get Filmmaker Award
- Emmys: Jill Soloway Talks Revisiting Nazis in 1930s Berlin for Season Two of 'Transparent'
- 'Hunting Ground' Producer on Nate Parker and the Past: The Cost of Giving Up the Ghost (Guest Column)
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actor Roundtable With Rami Malek, Cuba Gooding Jr. and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Drama Actress Roundtable With Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and More
Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Comedy Actress Roundtable With Ilana Glazer, Gina Rodriguez and More
Saudi Summer Vacation In L.A.: The $7.5 Million Lamborghinis, $3,000 Fur Toys and Yeezy Sneakers on Shopping Lists
When it's 110 degrees in Riyadh, the Gulf crowd flocks to L.A. A field guide to the hot spots.
Chart: Hot 100
Sia Featuring Sean Paul
Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber & MO
This Is What You Came For
Calvin Harris Featuring Rihanna
twenty one pilots
Watch the Little-Known Musical Talents of the Entire 'Stranger Things' Cast
Gaten Matarazzo covered “Bring Him Home” from Les Misérables, following in the footsteps of fellow Netflix castmates Joe Keery, drummer for Post Animal, and Finn Wolfhard, who covered Nirvana’s “Lithium.”
Tony Bennett Honored for 90th Birthday in San Francisco
Listen to Volume 2 of 'Stranger Things' Soundtrack
Appeals Court Reverses Live Nation Win in Run-D.M.C. Merchandise Suit
This Is What Adele Puts in Her Shopping Cart
Drake Leads BET Hip-Hop Awards With 14 Nominations
Britney Spears Releases Upbeat "Do You Wanna Come Over" Song
'Groundhog Day': Theater Review
Director Matthew Warchus, composer Tim Minchin and the team behind 'Matilda' turn the much-loved Bill Murray screen comedy into a lavish stage musical.
Jason Sudeikis to Star in 'Dead Poets Society' on Stage
The actor will play unconventional English professor John Keating, one of Robin Williams' most iconic film roles, in the world-premiere drama adapted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Tom Schulman.
John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub, Jessica Hecht to Star in Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
Terry Kinney will direct the Broadway revival for Roundabout Theatre Company, beginning performances Feb. 16.
'Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour': Theater Review
'Billy Elliot' creator Lee Hall tackles a wilder kind of teen escapism in this riotous stage musical about a choir of foul-mouthed Catholic schoolgirls on the hunt for sex, booze and excitement.
'Troilus and Cressida': Theater Review
In the summer's second Shakespeare in the Park production, the Public Theater tackles this rarely performed play set during the Trojan War, with a cast that includes Louis Cancelmi, Corey Stoll and John Glover.
Univision to Buy Gawker Media for $135M
Founder Nick Denton has released a statement that he "could not have picked an acquirer more devoted to vibrant journalism."
How 'Kubo and the Two Strings' Combines Origami, Digital Effects and a 16-Foot Puppet
BAFTA Forms Virtual Reality Advisory Group
Twitter Suspended 235,000 Terrorism-Related Accounts Over Last Six Months
- Fox's Mike Dunn to Chair Digital Entertainment Group
- eOne Acquires Full Control of Digital Studio Secret Location
- Jesse Williams Relaunches 'Open Run' Podcast With LeBron James' Uninterrupted
- Universal Releases Dolby Vision Titles on Vudu Streaming Service
- 'NBA 2K' Videogame Publisher Wants Judgment Allowing Use of Player Tattoos
- Wondery Launches First Scripted Podcast 'Secrets, Crimes & Audiotape' (Exclusive)
- Ellen DeGeneres Defends Herself Against Accusations of Racism for Usain Bolt Tweet