20-Time Oscar Nominated Re-Recording Mixer Kevin O'Connell Joins Todd-Soundelux
An Academy Award nominee for films from "Top Gun" to "Transformers," O'Connell also has a senior-level creative leadership role at the company.
After years as an independent, re-recording mixer Kevin O’Connell—whose Oscar-nominated credits include Top Gun, Transformers, A Few Good Men and Terms of Endearment—has joined Todd-Soundelux.
O’Connell holds the distinction of having earned 20 Academy Award nominations, though he is still waiting for his first win.
In his new role, O’Connell will provide mixing services and also assume a senior-level creative leadership role, providing oversight on issues related to feature film business development, client services and talent. He’s based at Todd-AO’s facility at the Lantana Center in Santa Monica.
O’Connell, who has served on the Motion Picture Academy’s Board of Governors representing the Sound Branch, recently completed work on 47 Ronin for director Carl Rinsch and Last Vegas for Jon Turteltaub.
At press time, he was working on a temp-dub for Muppets Most Wanted.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR