Academy to Examine 'Life of Pi' VFX in May Program
The panel will include Oscar-winning VFX artists Bill Westenhofer, Erik-Jan De Boer and Donald R. Elliott and Oscar-winning cinematographer Claudio Miranda.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has scheduled an evening dedicated to examining the visual effects and 3D in Ang Lee's Life of Pi.
"Deconstructing Pi" will include an onstage conversation with Academy Award-winning visual effects artists Bill Westenhofer, Erik-Jan De Boer and Donald R. Elliott and Oscar-winning cinematographer Claudio Miranda, along with Academy Award-nominated editor Tim Squyres and previsualization supervisor Brad Alexander.
Academy governor Bill Kroyer will host the event, which will include film sequences and "making of" clips.
The event will be held May 6 at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)