Avid Hires New Chief Marketing Officer
Jennifer Smith most recently served as CMO at business software developer Progress.
Avid, the maker of the Media Composer editing system and ProTools audio postproduction system, has hired an alum of business software developer Progress as its senior vp and chief marketing officer.
Jennifer Smith reports to Avid president and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. and is based at the company's Burlington, Mass., headquarters. She succeeds W. Sean Ford, who parted ways with Avid in January.
During her seven years at Progress Software, Smith held several roles, including chief marketing officer and senior vp. She also previously held marketing positions at Microsoft and Peoplesoft, based in Europe.
Last month at NAB, Avid held the first event of its recently formed Customer Association, and introduced details about its “Avid Everywhere” collaboration strategy.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!