Avid Hires New Chief Marketing Officer
Jennifer Smith most recently served as CMO at business software developer Progress.
Avid, the maker of the Media Composer editing system and ProTools audio postproduction system, has hired an alum of business software developer Progress as its senior vp and chief marketing officer.
Jennifer Smith reports to Avid president and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr. and is based at the company's Burlington, Mass., headquarters. She succeeds W. Sean Ford, who parted ways with Avid in January.
During her seven years at Progress Software, Smith held several roles, including chief marketing officer and senior vp. She also previously held marketing positions at Microsoft and Peoplesoft, based in Europe.
Last month at NAB, Avid held the first event of its recently formed Customer Association, and introduced details about its “Avid Everywhere” collaboration strategy.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!