NAB: Avid Unveils New Versions of Media Composer, Pro Tools
The cloud-based Interplay Sphere service gains Mac support.
Avid Technology unveiled new versions of its Media Composer editing software -- including Mac support for Interplay Sphere -- and Pro Tools audio postproduction system Sunday at the NAB Show in Las Vegas.
Mac-based Media Composer 7 systems will support Avid’s cloud-based Interplay Sphere service for remote collaboration. Dana Ruzicka, Avid’s VP segment strategy and planning, told The Hollywood Reporter that he sees this as “a big deal for TV and film [production] because it allows you to [collaborate] with talent from anywhere.”
Avid also revealed Interplay Production 3.0, a new version that adds multi-camera support, and Avid Interplay Pulse, which lets users delivers content to online, mobile and social media platforms.
Media Composer 7, scheduled to ship in June, includes new features for working with hi-res source material. That includes tools to allow editors to ingest 2K, 4K and 5K media with real-time color space conversion. A new option provides color correction tools that were previously only available in Avid Symphony.
Newly announced features for Pro Tools 11 -- available in May -- include a redesigned audio engine with increased process power, a 64-bit architecture and a built-in video engine that enables professionals to play and edit HD video formats including Avid DNxHD.
The company also launched version 2.5 of Avid Motion Graphics, as well as two portable audio interfaces for composing and recording high-quality music, Avid Fast Track Solo and Fast Track Duo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws