Bill Feightner Named CTO at Colorfront
The respected innovator who co-founded Efilm will steer development of Colorfront's on-set dailies and new technologies.
Bill Feightner, one of Hollywood’s most respected image science experts, has been named chief technology officer at Colorfront, maker of on-set dailies technology widely used in film and TV production.
He will remain based in Los Angeles and lead Colorfront’s services and consulting business. He will also steer development of its technologies, with focus on color and image science, calibration, as well as remote, collaborative production and postproduction operations.
His past roles have included co-founding and serving as CTO of Efilm, where his innovations included new software for digital laboratory calibration and one of the first digital intermediate pipelines. At CIS, he helped to develop the pin-registered telecine system that advanced the process of image compositing from film sources.
In recognition of his work and high standards, Feightner is scheduled to receive the Technicolor/Herbert T. Kalmus Medal at the upcoming Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) convention.
His work has previously been recognized with a technical achievement award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, as well as an Emmy.
"Bill is an icon, recognized industry-wide as one of the top image science experts in the field," said Aron Jaszberenyi, managing director of Colorfront. "We worked closely with him at Efilm for over a decade, and have been continually impressed by how his cutting-edge vision as a champion of file-based workflows has gone on to be accepted as the mainstream. His expertise will be invaluable as Colorfront further expands into high-end image processing, custom development, consulting and other workflow services."
Colorfront plans to preview new capabilities for the 2014 versions of its Express Dailies, On-Set Dailies, and Transkoder technologies during a Colorfront User Group meeting Oct. 19 at Sony’s Digital Motion Picture Center, prior to exhibiting at the SMPTE conference. Colorfront's systems have been used on films including Gravity, Prisoners and Thor: The Dark World.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)