CES: Fandango to Power Movie Trailers and Ticketing on Samsung Smart TVs
The services will be built into the Samsung Smart Hub.
When Samsung releases its curved TVs this spring, they will come equipped with a new Fandango service that allows viewers to watch film trailers and buy movie tickets.
Fandango announced at CES that the service will launch on all Samsung Smart TVs during the first quarter of the year. The curved 4K sets that Samsung promoted during the Las Vegas trade show will also come equipped with the service. The movie trailer and ticketing features will be built into the Samsung Smart Hub on those television sets.
"We are delighted to partner with Samsung as they continue to push the boundaries and benefits of the Smart TV experience," Fandango president Paul Yanover said in a statement. "Fandango will be aggregating high-definition movie trailers so that consumers can gain instant access to the content they love while offering a simple way to purchase movie tickets in advance."
Fandango struck a deal with Samsung in September 2013 to offer a slate of similar services -- including its movie preview show, showtimes, movie trailers and ticketing -- on the Galaxy Note 3 smartphones.
The online ticketing company said the latest Samsung deal comes on the heels of its best year to date. Sales from new technologies and mobile platforms, which made up 42 percent of Fandango's annual ticket sales, fueled the growth.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack