CES: Fandango to Power Movie Trailers and Ticketing on Samsung Smart TVs
The services will be built into the Samsung Smart Hub.
When Samsung releases its curved TVs this spring, they will come equipped with a new Fandango service that allows viewers to watch film trailers and buy movie tickets.
Fandango announced at CES that the service will launch on all Samsung Smart TVs during the first quarter of the year. The curved 4K sets that Samsung promoted during the Las Vegas trade show will also come equipped with the service. The movie trailer and ticketing features will be built into the Samsung Smart Hub on those television sets.
"We are delighted to partner with Samsung as they continue to push the boundaries and benefits of the Smart TV experience," Fandango president Paul Yanover said in a statement. "Fandango will be aggregating high-definition movie trailers so that consumers can gain instant access to the content they love while offering a simple way to purchase movie tickets in advance."
Fandango struck a deal with Samsung in September 2013 to offer a slate of similar services -- including its movie preview show, showtimes, movie trailers and ticketing -- on the Galaxy Note 3 smartphones.
The online ticketing company said the latest Samsung deal comes on the heels of its best year to date. Sales from new technologies and mobile platforms, which made up 42 percent of Fandango's annual ticket sales, fueled the growth.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts