Chris Williams to Co-Direct Disney Animation's 'Big Hero 6' With Don Hall
"Tangled" producer Roy Conli also has boarded the project as producer.
Chris Williams has joined Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Big Hero 6 as director, alongside helmer Don Hall. Additionally, Roy Conli has boarded the project as producer.
Williams co-directed and co-wrote the screenplay for Disney Animation’s 2008 release Bolt, for which he received an Oscar nomination for best animated feature. His writing credits (story) include Mulan, The Emperor’s New Groove, and Brother Bear for Disney. He also lent his voice to the character Oaken in Disney's current hit Frozen.
Conli previously produced the studio’s Tangled, which was released in 2010 and made $588.8 worldwide, and 2002’s Treasure Planet.
Hall previewed Big Hero 6, which is scheduled for release on Nov. 7, 2014, last summer at Disney's D23 Expo. At that time, Kristina Reed was attached to produce.
The stereoscopic 3D CG feature is inspired by the Marvel comic of the same name (and marks the first project of its kind since Disney acquired Marvel). The action comedy adventure follows robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who must save the city of "San Fransokyo" from a criminal plot with the help of a robot, Baymax, and four other heros: Gogo, Honey Lemon, sushi chef Wasabi and fanboy Fred.
Disney Animation vet Hall directed 2011’s Winnie the Pooh and wrote the screenplay for Meet the Robinsons.Email: Carolyn.Giardina@THR.com
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!