CineEurope: Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group Selects Dolby Atmos
The theater chain will install the immersive sound system in 27 auditoriums in Europe.
BARCELONA -- Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group plans to install Dolby's immersive Atmos sound system in 27 of its flagship iSens-equipped auditoriums in Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain and the U.K.
The first phase will see seven UCI/Cinesa cinemas equipped with Atmos. That includes Cinesa Mendez Alvaro, Cinesa Equinoccio, Cinesa Parc Valles and Cinesa Nassica in Spain; as well as Germany’s UCI Cinemas Düsseldorf, UCI Ruhr Park and UCI Am Eastgate. Cinesa Equinoccio and Cinesa Nassica are new cinemas.
The remaining 20 Atmos installations on iSens screens will be completed over the next six months.
To date, roughly 30 cinema screens have been equipped with Dolby Atmos in 15 countries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Dolby expects that in the next six months that total will grow to include nearly 60 cinema screens across the region and roughly 200 worldwide.
Summer Atmos titles include Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, The Wolverine and Elysium.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet