CineEurope: Samsung Makes Its Debut at Theater Owners Confab
The company introduced its "Samsung Smart Signage" Full HD displays to the exhibition community, suggesting the technology has potential for cinemas.
BARCELONA – Samsung made it debut this week as a first-time CineEurope exhibitor.
The consumer electronics giant was on hand to demonstrate its Full HD Samsung Smart Signage platform, which was launched earlier this year for retail uses. The company says it sees potential for the technology in cinemas.
Ian Anderson of Samsung Electronics Europe presented these displays as an alternative to disposable signage. He added that the displays can be “more vivid and more engaging.”
A future version of the technology is expected to support higher resolution.
Also at the exhibition, Samsung was showing how one could daisy chain other models of Samsung displays to create a 2K or 4K video wall.
Meanwhile, Sony Digital Cinema was demoing its 84-inch 4K Bravia TV at its stand.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical