CineEurope: Samsung Makes Its Debut at Theater Owners Confab
The company introduced its "Samsung Smart Signage" Full HD displays to the exhibition community, suggesting the technology has potential for cinemas.
BARCELONA – Samsung made it debut this week as a first-time CineEurope exhibitor.
The consumer electronics giant was on hand to demonstrate its Full HD Samsung Smart Signage platform, which was launched earlier this year for retail uses. The company says it sees potential for the technology in cinemas.
Ian Anderson of Samsung Electronics Europe presented these displays as an alternative to disposable signage. He added that the displays can be “more vivid and more engaging.”
A future version of the technology is expected to support higher resolution.
Also at the exhibition, Samsung was showing how one could daisy chain other models of Samsung displays to create a 2K or 4K video wall.
Meanwhile, Sony Digital Cinema was demoing its 84-inch 4K Bravia TV at its stand.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR