Creative Arts Emmys: 20-Time Nominee Peter Chakos' First Emmy Win Is a 'Big Bang'
"I seriously thought I was going to have to wait for a lifetime achievement award," he joked onstage
After 20 nominations, editor Peter Chakos has finally earned his first Emmy.
Chakos won the award for editing in a comedy series for The Big Bang Theory. The other shows nominated in the category were The Colbert Report, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, How I Met Your Mother and Jimmy Kimmel Live.
"I seriously thought I was going to have to wait for a lifetime achievement award," Chakos joked as he accepted the award onstage Saturday at the Creative Arts Emmys.
His previous nominations were for episodes of Big Bang, Will & Grace and Cheers.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!