Digital Domain Ups Terry Clotiaux to President of Feature Films
Rich Flier is promoted to president of advertising and games.
Just weeks after Digital Domain was sold to Sun Innovation, a Hong Kong-listed company, the VFX house promoted Terry Clotiaux to president of its feature film production division and Rich Flier to president of its advertising and games division. Both were previously vps of their respective divisions.
Clotiaux served as executive producer of the company’s feature film division from 2007 to 2009 and rejoined the company as vp of the division in March. Prior to that he was president of global VFX production at Prime Focus. His credits include Avatar, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and The Matrix: Reloaded and Revolutions.
Prior to joining DD in 2011, Flier co-founded boutique games marketing and production agency Secret Identity. He was also vp interactive entertainment at 3D imaging company 3DV Systems, which was sold to Microsoft and its technology became part of the Kinect system.
Both Clotiaux and Flier will report to new Digital Domain 3.0 CEO Daniel Seah, who joined the company following its sale to Sun Innovation. At that time, Ed Ulbrich -- who had been with DD since 1993, when it was founded by James Cameron, Scott Ross and Stan Winston -- stepped down as CEO, though he announced plans to continue to work with DD as a creative consultant.
Ulbrich assumed the role of CEO last September when DD was acquired for $30.2 million by China’s Galloping Horse and India’s Reliance MediaWorks, after DD filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. In late June, Sun Innovation acquired Galloping Horse U.S., which owned a 70 percent share of Digital Domain's business, for approximately $50.5 million. Reliance MediaWorks continues to own a 30 percent minority stake in DD.
DD recently completed work on Ender’s Game, which DD is also co-producing. The VFX house is currently working on Maleficent, X-Men: Days of Future Past, 47 Ronin and, reportedly, 1949.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)