London's Milk Will Create VFX for Next 'Doctor Who' Series
The visual effects company recently completed work on the BBC hit drama's 50th anniversary special.
Milk Visual Effects -- the company behind the VFX for the BBC’s Doctor Who 50th anniversary special, "Day of the Doctor" -- has been commissioned by the broadcaster to work on the eighth series of Doctor Who, starring new Doctor Peter Capaldi. The series goes into production in January.
Milk is currently working with the BBC to create the VFX for the one-hour Doctor Who Christmas special, "The Time of the Doctor," in which Matt Smith’s Doctor will regenerate into Capaldi’s incoming thirteenth Doctor.
The company recently completed the bulk of the VFX on "The Day of the Doctor," which broke records on Nov. 23 when it drew an average audience of 10.2 million in the U.K., and was simulcast in 94 countries and in more than 1,500 cinemas across the world.
For the special, Milk produced 129 3D VFX shots, including CG environments, CG spacecrafts and the sequences featuring the Gallifreyan city of Arcadia.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized