DreamWorks Animation Launches 'Turbo' App and Contest
The “Shell Out” competition, presented by Verizon, offers $1 million in prizes.
In advance of the opening of its Turbo 3D film about a snail with the need for speed, DreamWorks Animation has launched a Turbo Racing League app with a contest that offers $1 million in cash prizes.
Weekly "races" in the "Shell-Out Presented By Verizon" contest will run through July 7, and each week, 10 competitors will win cash prizes up to $25,000.
Each of the eight weekly first place finishers will be invited to compete for $250,000 in a final that will be held July 17 in Los Angeles, in conjunction with the theatrical premiere of Turbo.
The app from DreamWorks Animation and PikPok is available on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android handsets and tablets, and Windows Phone 8. The game is available on all mobile carriers, however, those who use a Verizon device will have access to exclusive content from the film and additional features.
Fall TV Preview
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!