DreamWorks Animation Launches 'Turbo' App and Contest
The “Shell Out” competition, presented by Verizon, offers $1 million in prizes.
In advance of the opening of its Turbo 3D film about a snail with the need for speed, DreamWorks Animation has launched a Turbo Racing League app with a contest that offers $1 million in cash prizes.
Weekly "races" in the "Shell-Out Presented By Verizon" contest will run through July 7, and each week, 10 competitors will win cash prizes up to $25,000.
Each of the eight weekly first place finishers will be invited to compete for $250,000 in a final that will be held July 17 in Los Angeles, in conjunction with the theatrical premiere of Turbo.
The app from DreamWorks Animation and PikPok is available on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android handsets and tablets, and Windows Phone 8. The game is available on all mobile carriers, however, those who use a Verizon device will have access to exclusive content from the film and additional features.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR