DreamWorks Animation Launches 'Turbo' App and Contest
The “Shell Out” competition, presented by Verizon, offers $1 million in prizes.
In advance of the opening of its Turbo 3D film about a snail with the need for speed, DreamWorks Animation has launched a Turbo Racing League app with a contest that offers $1 million in cash prizes.
Weekly "races" in the "Shell-Out Presented By Verizon" contest will run through July 7, and each week, 10 competitors will win cash prizes up to $25,000.
Each of the eight weekly first place finishers will be invited to compete for $250,000 in a final that will be held July 17 in Los Angeles, in conjunction with the theatrical premiere of Turbo.
The app from DreamWorks Animation and PikPok is available on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android handsets and tablets, and Windows Phone 8. The game is available on all mobile carriers, however, those who use a Verizon device will have access to exclusive content from the film and additional features.
- The Letterman Years: Stories From Behind the Scenes of the Show That Changed Comedy Forever
- Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer: At the Very End of the World, Everything Looks Insane
- The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah Is Already in Trouble on Twitter [Updated]
- Ludacris on Ludaversal, Paul Walker, and Reinventing Himself
- Vin Diesel Debuts New 'Furious 7' Clip Starring Paul Walker on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' - Watch Here!
- Uzo Aduba & Lily Rabe Help Honor Sarah Paulson at MCC Theater Miscast Gala 2015!
- Scott Eastwood on Dad Clint: 'He Doesn't Give Handouts'
- Gigi Hadid: It's Not Okay to Model Until You're 25 & Then Become a Housewife