DreamWorks Animation Launches 'Turbo' App and Contest
The “Shell Out” competition, presented by Verizon, offers $1 million in prizes.
In advance of the opening of its Turbo 3D film about a snail with the need for speed, DreamWorks Animation has launched a Turbo Racing League app with a contest that offers $1 million in cash prizes.
Weekly "races" in the "Shell-Out Presented By Verizon" contest will run through July 7, and each week, 10 competitors will win cash prizes up to $25,000.
Each of the eight weekly first place finishers will be invited to compete for $250,000 in a final that will be held July 17 in Los Angeles, in conjunction with the theatrical premiere of Turbo.
The app from DreamWorks Animation and PikPok is available on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android handsets and tablets, and Windows Phone 8. The game is available on all mobile carriers, however, those who use a Verizon device will have access to exclusive content from the film and additional features.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!