Formosa Group Adding Sound Pros, Taking Over POP Sound Space
Postproduction sound company Formosa Group will relaunch the facility this month.
Postproduction sound company Formosa Group is opening a base at the Santa Monica facility formerly known as POP Sound and additionally hiring some of its former sound pros. POP Sound was part of postproduction sound business Todd-Soundelux, which closed last month, not long after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Formosa Group was still negotiating contracts at press time, but said it plans to hire roughly 10, a combination of sound postproduction professionals and some additional staff.
The former POP facility is being refurbished and rebranded for a planned launch this month. It offers 10 mixing stages, eight voiceover booths and an ADR stage.
"We are pleased to reopen this outstanding postproduction sound facility," said Robert C. Rosenthal, Formosa's president and COO. "With this addition, we will now have an expanded Westside presence. It also enables the core clientele to continue their great work here with many of the accomplished creative artists and support staff formerly associated with POP."
Formed in 2013 by parent company Picture Head, Formosa Group maintains two facilities in West Hollywood, including one on The Lot, as well as having West L.A. and Burbank locations.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak