Fox Streaming Service Heads to Xbox One
A year after Fox Now's launch, it's now the most widely distributed broadcast TV network application on the market with support on nine digital platforms.
Fox's streaming service is expanding to Xbox One.
The network has teamed with Xbox for access to Fox Now, making it the most widely distributed broadcast TV network application on the market with support on nine digital platforms.
Members of Microsoft's Xbox One Xbox Live Gold members in the U.S. will now have free access to the streaming service, which will have a bold new user interface designed to ease the process of watching TV on the gaming platform. Full episodes of Fox's series as well as special video content will now be available to Xbox One users.
Launched a year ago, the Fox Now suite of applications has generated more than five million downloads and, with the Xbox deal, has expanded to nine digital platforms: iOS, Android, Windows 8, Roku, Xbox 360 and Samsung Smart TV. Additional platforms are expected to be announced in the coming months.
Fox Now's Xbox One features access to full episodes of Fox series for Xbox Live Gold members who are video customers of AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Cablevision, Dish, Verizon FiOS or any other participating provider. Episodes will be able to stream episodes the day after first-run broadcast. Shortform videos -- including behind-the-scenes interviews, X Factor and American Idol performances -- as well as other special featurettes will also be included.
Users will have the option to stream episodes in high-definition, personalize their Xbox One Home screen, navigate the app with voice and gestures using the new Kinect sensor, have continuous playback and more.
Fox Now will add full episodes of its upcoming series, including freshman comedy Enlisted and Greg Kinnear drama Rake, among others. Users of both Xbox One and Xbox 360 Fox Now applications will have access to live-sync content for several Fox series via Xbox SmartGlass.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized