Fox Will Use Google Glass For Home Entertainment Launch of 'Walter Mitty'
YouTube personality iJustine will travel to Iceland and document crowd-sourced adventure with the specs.
Twentieth Century Fox will use Google Glass in a first-of-its-kind marketing campaign for the home entertainment launch of Ben Stiller's The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
To promote the release -- which is now available on Digital HD and comes to Blu-Ray and DVD on April 15 -- Fox and Google Glass teamed up with YouTube personality iJustine, who will travel to Reykjavik, Iceland (a key location in Walter Mitty), as the subject of a crowd-sourced, socially driven adventure that she will document with Google Glass.
"Partnering with Google Glass and YouTube sensation iJustine to capture Mitty's real-life adventures across the stunning landscape of Iceland allows fans everywhere to be a part of this unique journey and experience it in real-time," said Mary Daily, president of worldwide marketing and CMO at Fox Home Entertainment.
From April 8-15, followers can vote on what activity they'd like to see iJustine do that day (via#ProjectMitty), such as ice-climbing on Solheimajokull Glacier or helicoptering over the Eyjafjallajokull volcano. These experiences will be documented on YouTube and other social media platforms.
Walter Mitty earned $185 million worldwide at the box office.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!