'Gravity,' 'American Hustle,' 'Lone Survivor' Among Camera Operator Society Nominees
TV shows receiving nods include "Homeland" and "Mad Men."
The camera operators on features including Gravity and American Hustle were nominated for the Society of Camera Operators’ camera operator of the year award in the feature film competition.
The nominees are Ian Fox for Saving Mr. Banks, Geoffrey Haley for American Hustle, Jacques Jouffret for Lone Survivor, P. Scott Sakamoto for Labor Day and Peter Taylor for Gravity.
In the television category, the SOC nominated Nicholas Davidoff for Homeland, Don Devine for Mad Men, Steve Fracol for Scandal, Kenji Luster for Body of Proof and James Reid for American Horror Story: Asylum.
Previously announced Lifetime Achievement Award recipients are Chris Haarhoff, camera operator (Saving Private Ryan, Fight Club, Almost Famous); William Coe, camera technician (The Avengers, J. Edgar, Jersey Boys); Barry Wetcher, still photographer (Goodfellas, Quiz Show, Sherlock Holmes); and Jack Carpenter, mobile camera platform operator (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Crash, The Matrix).
Stan McClain (National Security, Almost Famous, Any Given Sunday) will receive the Distinguished Service Award and Leonard Chapman will be honored with the President’s Award.
The ceremony will be held on Feb. 15 at the Skirball Cultural Center. The SOC donates all proceeds to the Vision Center at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR