'Gravity' Cinematographer Reveals How He Got Those Astonishing Shots
Emmanuel Lubezki and his fellow Oscar nominees share the tricks they used to capture their favorite scenes.
This story first appeared in the Feb. 21 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
The five films nominated for the Academy Award for best cinematography travel from Greenwich Village during the 1960s to the edge of outer space. For the five cinematographers responsible for capturing those images onscreen, that meant opening their eyes to the imaginative possibilities. Here, they describe how they shot their favorite scenes.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game