'Gravity' Cinematographer Reveals How He Got Those Astonishing Shots
Emmanuel Lubezki and his fellow Oscar nominees share the tricks they used to capture their favorite scenes.
This story first appeared in the Feb. 21 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
The five films nominated for the Academy Award for best cinematography travel from Greenwich Village during the 1960s to the edge of outer space. For the five cinematographers responsible for capturing those images onscreen, that meant opening their eyes to the imaginative possibilities. Here, they describe how they shot their favorite scenes.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move