'Gravity' Cinematographer Reveals How He Got Those Astonishing Shots
Emmanuel Lubezki and his fellow Oscar nominees share the tricks they used to capture their favorite scenes.
This story first appeared in the Feb. 21 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
The five films nominated for the Academy Award for best cinematography travel from Greenwich Village during the 1960s to the edge of outer space. For the five cinematographers responsible for capturing those images onscreen, that meant opening their eyes to the imaginative possibilities. Here, they describe how they shot their favorite scenes.
- Here's The Snoop Dogg Episode Martha Stewart Was Talking About On The Bieber Roast
- The 'One Tree Hill' Cast Reunited, And Made Your Teenage Dreams Come True
- Pakistan's First Animated Feature Gives Young Fans What They Need -- Homegrown Heroes
- Helen Mirren's Acceptance Speech On Helium Deserves An Oscar
- Justin Bieber's Roast: Best Jokes From the Night!
- Taylor Swift & Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Loose All Their Chill in the Car - Watch Now!
- Martha Stewart Killed It at Justin Bieber's Roast, Jokes About Prison & Pot (Video)
- Behati Prinsloo Heats Things Up in 'Victoria's Secret' Push-Up Bra Commercial (Video)