'Gravity' Cinematographer Reveals How He Got Those Astonishing Shots
Emmanuel Lubezki and his fellow Oscar nominees share the tricks they used to capture their favorite scenes.
This story first appeared in the Feb. 21 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
The five films nominated for the Academy Award for best cinematography travel from Greenwich Village during the 1960s to the edge of outer space. For the five cinematographers responsible for capturing those images onscreen, that meant opening their eyes to the imaginative possibilities. Here, they describe how they shot their favorite scenes.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- 'Bachelorette' Runner Up Confronts Andi Dorfman About Their Intimate Night & It Got Awkward
- Hawaii Five-0's Scott Caan & Girlfriend Kacy Byxbee Welcome Baby Girl Josie!
- Ariana Grande Reveals She's Fallen Out of Touch With her Father in 'Seventeen'
- Kellan Lutz Gets Cozy With Mystery Brunette at Dave & Buster's