'Gravity' Cinematographer Reveals How He Got Those Astonishing Shots
Philippe Le Sourd
A key fight sequence takes place on a snow-covered train platform as a locomotive passes. "Wong Kar Wai loved the idea of a strong 'character' like a locomotive, and he thought we should use it as an element in the fight sequence," says Le Sourd. "The idea was to bring in the visual element of the train to feel the fear and danger. We used strong light in front of the locomotive when the train is coming to increase the drama."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR