'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron to Receive Visual Effects Society Visionary Award
The Oscar-nominated director will be honored Feb. 12 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Alfonso Cuaron will receive the Visionary Award in recognition of his career, including the making of Gravity, at the 12th annual Visual Effects Society Awards on Feb. 12 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
“He has been at the forefront in using visual effects to tell remarkable, highly nuanced stories that change the way we think about what is possible to achieve,” said VES board chair Jeff Okun in a statement.
A three-time Oscar nominee, Cuaron directed, co-wrote, produced and edited Gravity. His directorial credits include Y Tu Mamá También, for which he received a best original screenplay Oscar nomination, and Children of Men, which earned him Academy Award nominations for best adapted screenplay and best editing.
Cuaron made his directorial debut in 1992 with Sólo Con Tu Pareja. His credits also include A Little Princess, Great Expectations and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!