'Gravity,' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Among Cinematography Nominees
Cinematographers also give nods to the DPs of "12 Years a Slave," "Captain Phillips," "The Grandmaster," "Nebraska" and "Prisoners."
Due to a three-way tie this year, the American Society of Cinematographers has nominated seven directors of photography in the theatrical motion picture category of the 28th Annual ASC Awards for Outstanding Achievement.
They are Sean Bobbitt for 12 Years a Slave, Barry Ackroyd for Captain Phillips, Philippe Le Sourd for The Grandmaster, Emmanuel Lubezki for Gravity, Bruno Delbonnel for Inside Llewyn Davis, Phedon Papamichael for Nebraska and Roger Deakins for Prisoners.
This is the 12th nomination for Deakins, who previously won for Skyfall and The Shawshank Redemption. He was also the recipient of the ASC Lifetime Achievement Award in 2011.
Lubezki has won ASC Awards for The Tree of Life and Children of Men, and was also nominated for Sleepy Hollow. Delbonnel was a prior winner for A Very Long Engagement and was also nominated for Amelie.
Ackroyd was previously nominated for The Hurt Locker. Papamichael earned earlier nominations in the television movie and miniseries category for White Dwarf and Wild Palms.
This is the first ASC nomination for Bobbitt and Le Sourd.
The awards ceremony will be held Feb. 1 at the Hollywood & Highland Ray Dolby Ballroom.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum