Honors and Hires: Cooke Optics Receives the BSC Bert Easey Technical Award
Also this week, ARRI CSC Florida celebrates its 10th anniversary.
This column, in THR’s Behind the Screen blog—which runs on Fridays—covers members of the crafts and technology community who have been honored, hired, signed or have otherwise made news. See below for how to submit your news for consideration in future columns.
Cooke Optics received the British Society of Cinematographers (BSC) Bert Easey Technical Award, which is named in honor of Bert Easey, who, in 1947, was head of the camera department at Denham and Pinewood Studios and was integral in the formation of the BSC. The award is given to "an individual or company who has contributed something outstanding in the way of endeavor or equipment." Les Zellan, chairman and owner of Cooke Optics, accepted the award.
Paradigm announces the following client news: Production designer Rich Toyon joined new HBO series Silicon Valley; director of photography Gavin Kelly has boarded Valhalla Joe; Luca Mosca is the costume designer on John Wick; Rob Brakey is editing indie Sins of our Youth; and editors Elena Maganini and Randy Bricker have joined SyFy series Helix.
Full service equipment rental group ARRI CSC is celebrating the 10th anniversary of its facility in Fort Lauderdale, Fla..
Share your news with Behind the Screen: Carolyn.Giardina@THR.com
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)