Honors and Hires: Cooke Optics Receives the BSC Bert Easey Technical Award
Also this week, ARRI CSC Florida celebrates its 10th anniversary.
This column, in THR’s Behind the Screen blog—which runs on Fridays—covers members of the crafts and technology community who have been honored, hired, signed or have otherwise made news. See below for how to submit your news for consideration in future columns.
Cooke Optics received the British Society of Cinematographers (BSC) Bert Easey Technical Award, which is named in honor of Bert Easey, who, in 1947, was head of the camera department at Denham and Pinewood Studios and was integral in the formation of the BSC. The award is given to "an individual or company who has contributed something outstanding in the way of endeavor or equipment." Les Zellan, chairman and owner of Cooke Optics, accepted the award.
Paradigm announces the following client news: Production designer Rich Toyon joined new HBO series Silicon Valley; director of photography Gavin Kelly has boarded Valhalla Joe; Luca Mosca is the costume designer on John Wick; Rob Brakey is editing indie Sins of our Youth; and editors Elena Maganini and Randy Bricker have joined SyFy series Helix.
Full service equipment rental group ARRI CSC is celebrating the 10th anniversary of its facility in Fort Lauderdale, Fla..
Share your news with Behind the Screen: Carolyn.Giardina@THR.com
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!